• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

What do u guys do your speed runs on? I was thinking of doing a speed run of the whole game during Xmas but I also want to get the MCC achievement for doing them all but it's on normal..

Can't say that I have had one fun BTB match. That's the only game type I play. Uneven teams nearly every time and I swear when I do get even teams it's 6v6 on a giant map. Sucks big time.

PooBone

no you can't. It sets the game at Normal with no skulls. I ran through the whole thing. I kinda find it odd that they didn't put it on Heroic since Bungie always said that's the difficulty they recommended for the "real" experience.

That's pretty stupid. Oh well, maybe one day I'll speedrun it.

Are you effing serious? Lol it took me almost 4 hours to run through truth and reconciliation... I dont think I'll ever scale that down to 15 minutes or whatever it was.

I actually switched to heroic on Truth.. finished rest of the games on Legendary but that one level broke me on CE.

You need to basically become a speedrunner to get those 3 hour cheevos.

The suppressors are awesome for killing them. Shottys yes but suppressors keep them busy if you can't get right up on them.

Exactly. I suspect that the people saying that the enemies are too bullet spongy spent most of their time trying to take off Knights' shields with a DMR or a BR. That takes forever.

If you use a suppressor (I forgot the name of that gun) or shotty, you're doing it right.

I haven't touched the game since the first 2 weeks so I was wondering if someone could please tell me if the online has improved to how it was intended to be at launch?(dedicated server up, full teams, balanced teams, no party disconnects after a match, lobby UI issues fixed)

malfcn

Found a match right away today.
But then it ended early.

Can't find anything now, taking a long time.
Or it tries to join and fails.

Also, why does it not give me a notification that a game is found if I am multi tasking?

Chitown B

I haven't touched the game since the first 2 weeks so I was wondering if someone could please tell me if the online has improved to how it was intended to be at launch?(dedicated server up, full teams, balanced teams, no party disconnects after a match, lobby UI issues fixed)

yes to all except dedicated servers unfortunately.

Mdot

As intended? No.

Still bouts of crippling lag for me. Long searching during matchmaking.

To their credit, I've experienced more balanced games and more frequent games that run smoothly. It's far from perfect though.

its getting there

malfcn

Just got booted from a H2A game because it was 5-2. One guy on our team was betraying each other and whilst attacking the 2 enemy I accidentally betrayed someone. And hit feedback was strange with the BR, I'd hit hit hit hit and they wouldn't die most times.

dwells

Halo 5 extended beta.
What an insult that would be.

"Hey, sorry about you guys having to alpha test Master Chief Collection for us. To make up for it, you can provide additional free labor for us in the form of extended beta testing of our latest product."

I don't know. I am starting to think they are giving up on it. I don't think it's ever going to work as intended. No H4 playlist, no file share, no dedi's.

I mean, it's not close when you think about it.

The fact that they didn't release a patch this week is really odd/concerning to me.

Celestia

Christmas is right around the corner. I wonder how much this game's sales have been affected by word of mouth. Was really hoping everything would be ironed out by now, too.

Toa TAK

Banned
Didn't they release one early last week in addition to the SWAT update?

Will SWAT stay as a permanent playlist? It just feels weird that such a popular playlist since Halo 2 is stuck in this collection as just a rotated playlist.

Mdot

Will SWAT stay as a permanent playlist? It just feels weird that such a popular playlist since Halo 2 is stuck in this collection as just a rotated playlist.

Not sure. I would hope so, but I also want a CE playlist that is permanent, and there are no signs of that yet either.

Newlove

I often wonder if some players have ever picked up a controller before. I had one of those awesome teams where a couple of split screen guys went 0-17 and 1-15 in a swat match. I saw some of them walking into walls and stuff at times.

What an insult that would be.

"Hey, sorry about you guys having to alpha test Master Chief Collection for us. To make up for it, you can provide additional free labor for us in the form of extended beta testing of our latest product."

Not much else they can give us at this point

Toa TAK

Banned
Not sure. I would hope so, but I also want a CE playlist that is permanent, and there are no signs of that yet either.

I'm sorry, but that's stupid. They know it's what people want. I understand that CE isn't to be added until the game is "acceptable" from their standpoint, but removing stuff like SWAT or even Infection/Objective playlists is mind-boggling. I honestly don't understand.

Mdot

I'm sorry, but that's stupid. They know it's what people want. I understand that CE isn't to be added until the game is "acceptable" from their standpoint, but removing stuff like SWAT or even Infection/Objective playlists is mind-boggling. I honestly don't understand.

It is definitely stupid, but they'll say that too many playlists split the community and blah blah. I agree with you though.

klodeckel

Banned
New patch soon

zlYM50U.png

The MCC has such weird problems.

Jumped back onto the Xbone and saw that it had my Halo 4 campaign run suspended. Played a bit of it before I noticed I had NO UI at all - no shield meter, no minimap, nothing. I could hit the "start" button or whatever its called now and it did nothing. If I hit the Xbox button to go back to the dash the game would minimize into the dash window - showing the game menu - and from there I could bring the game back up to front and use the menu, but once I was back in the game I had no HUD and the start button still didn't work.

So I saved my progress, closed out of the game and restarted - luckily I was able to start from exactly where I left off with no issues.

But its freaky how many weird little bugs are in this thing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Christmas is right around the corner. I wonder how much this game's sales have been affected by word of mouth. Was really hoping everything would be ironed out by now, too.
It's straight up irresponsible of Microsoft to sell this game for Christmas. There's gonna be so many disappointed kids out there.

Sai

Jumped back onto the Xbone and saw that it had my Halo 4 campaign run suspended. Played a bit of it before I noticed I had NO UI at all - no shield meter, no minimap, nothing. I could hit the "start" button or whatever its called now and it did nothing. If I hit the Xbox button to go back to the dash the game would minimize into the dash window - showing the game menu - and from there I could bring the game back up to front and use the menu, but once I was back in the game I had no HUD and the start button still didn't work.

So I saved my progress, closed out of the game and restarted - luckily I was able to start from exactly where I left off with no issues.

I experienced that when I resumed my progress on Requiem, around the part with the cartographer. I had to do the same to resolve it.

Glad I was able to clear all four of 'em on Legendary, but I'm going to wait until they start patchin' up the Campaign until I go for the other related achievements; lots of levels I didn't get the par score/time on.

It's straight up irresponsible of Microsoft to sell this game for Christmas. There's gonna be so many disappointed kids out there.

I'll give NeoGaf gold to whoever can re-make this trailer with glitches from the MCC. I suppose you could also make the trailer of yourself pounding your head against the wall while the game is "searching."

Glad I was able to clear all four of 'em on Legendary, but I'm going to wait until they start patchin' up the Campaign until I go for the other related achievements; lots of levels I didn't get the par score/time on.
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Ended up doing the same when it came to DriveClub leaderboard times.

Can't say that I have had one fun BTB match. That's the only game type I play. Uneven teams nearly every time and I swear when I do get even teams it's 6v6 on a giant map. Sucks big time.

I know, I played a lot of BTB last night (fucking finally) and there seem to be more quitters in it then other playlists. If people don't get the map/gametype they want they quit out. So many uneven teams as a result of it.

But, I finally got to play Bloodline for the first time. Had a great time despite it only being like a 5v5. Got two Achievements out of it though :).

Chitown B

if you're playing solo Legendary for the achievement, watch out. Resuming has a bug where it counts the level as completed co-op in 4.

Just a personal comment, but this statement bugs me. I see this type of sentence a lot. Why are you limiting yourself to only one playlist? Broaden your horizons.

Celestia

this is more than likely the last patch before christmas right? or at least major patch?

You gotta think this one will be substantial.

That's what I'm thinking. At this point I just want to play with friends. It's been better but some days it just does not want to create a party at all. Plus with all the new players coming in, they deserve something that works.

darthbob

MCC seems to not work well with suspend/resume. Changed my 'bone's power setting to Energy Saving so that the console actually turns off when I turn it off and that helped.

MCC seems to not work well with suspend/resume. Changed my 'bone's power setting to Energy Saving so that the console actually turns off when I turn it off and that helped.
I'm a big fan of suspend resume. In this case I hadn't played the game for a while - like a week - and had no idea I had left it suspended. Just thought it was weird that a problem would manifest as a missing UI layer and inability to access the game's menu.

RdN

I want to know when will the fucking DEDICATED SERVERS be turned on!

One of the biggest reasons I bought this collection was to finally experience a (mostly) lag free experience, and 343i has FAILED MISERABLY on delivering that.

mbmonk

I want to know when will the fucking DEDICATED SERVERS be turned on!

One of the biggest reasons I bought this collection was to finally experience a (mostly) lag free experience, and 343i has FAILED MISERABLY on delivering that.

Pretty much how I feel. Halo 5 beta gets servers before MCC :)

Top Bottom