• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

I want to know when will the fucking DEDICATED SERVERS be turned on!

One of the biggest reasons I bought this collection was to finally experience a (mostly) lag free experience, and 343i has FAILED MISERABLY on delivering that.

You'll get dedicated servers after the online population plummets.

Could it be the one..?

:(

im off to a great start.

My download started at 0%. It is increasing chronologically, at, what seems like, a normal acceptable rate.

In other words, its not going to 66% and freezing then suddenly finishing 20 mins later.

WHOS PUMPED GET PUMPED DOWNLOADS ARE NORMAL WHATTA DAY

Sephzilla

im off to a great start.

My download started at 0%. It is increasing chronologically, at, what seems like, a normal acceptable rate.

In other words, its not going to 66% and freezing then suddenly finishing 20 mins later.

WHOS PUMPED GET PUMPED DOWNLOADS ARE NORMAL WHATTA DAY

Well I think the reason you're seeing a normal download is because they finally released a patch at a smart time and not when everyone is already online. So the servers aren't getting hammered at once.

Anyone know what this update is supposed to do? No patch notes?

Theyve been releasing after the patch the last few patches.

Its like 343 is in a castle with white flags surrounding it, a million rabid halo fans at the gate demanding food.

Every week or so they throw some food out the window, and a note an hour or 2 later saying whats in the food.

Dan ayoub has been silent so i can only imagine hes in the dungeons.

Huge change, jackdog reporting live.

The font in matchmaking is now smaller.

the "searching for players" font i mean.

its smaller.

megaton.

Sephzilla

Peak time Europe.

NOT PEAK HOURS FOR 'MURICA THOUGH (lol i kinda forgot about Europe though sorry)

Murica!!!.jpg

i cant find shit now and matchmaking was working pretty perfectly for me before.

then again, the patch JUUUUSSST released so id take this with the grainiest of grains of salt.

mike4001_

Huge change, jackdog reporting live.

The font in matchmaking is now smaller.

the "searching for players" font i mean.

its smaller.

megaton.

Good, most of the text was cut off in German ... ;)

Should be fixed then.

Now throw in a couple of campaign / coop fixes and I am glad.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to play for a couple hours until the patch has rolled out to most of the population.

At least for American audiences playing it right now I'd say wait until most of the gamers are out of school/work and then try it out. 343 might also need to deploy a server side patch too. who knows.

i just hope this is 'the patch', i really do. christmas is getting too close

Sephzilla

Patch notes

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update. This particular content update includes improvements for matchmaking, roster, parties, and more. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update:

MATCHMAKING
Made improvements to the reliability of Matchmaking parties.
Local split-screen players will now always be on the same team in Halo 2 Matchmaking.
Made an update to allow players to use Voice Chat during loading screens in Matchmaking.
Made an update to ensure that players are not forced into an incorrect party after encountering an issue in Matchmaking.
Resolved an issue where the “Winning Team Won” text was shown in the Carnage Report.

ROSTER
Made fixes to reduce the amount of time it takes to update the Roster:
Players will now be discovered sooner after starting the game.
Changes to the roster will be more immediate to better reflect friend activity.

PARTIES
Made several improvements to party joining and management.
Resolved an issue where players that were in a party could not join another party from the Roster.
Made changes to ensure that parties cannot exceed the maximum party size of a playlist.
Made an update to ensure that Party Leaders can assign a new Party Leader or Kick a player from their party.

CUSTOM GAMES
Made a change to ensure that teams selections are correctly carried over in Custom Games.
Made an update to ensure that player settings do not revert to a previous state after completing a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer match.
Made an update to ensure that players do not disconnect after completing a Custom Game.
Resolved an issue in Custom Games where parties would disband if some players were playing in Split-Screen.
Made a change to ensure that Halo 3 Custom Game variants display correct author information.

HALO: CE
Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.

ACHIEVEMENTS
Made an update to ensure that the “Legend Slayer” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
The “Pacifist” Achievement will no longer be awarded for resuming “Assault on the Control Room”.

STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
Matchmaking
Custom Games
Campaign Playlists
Main Menu

CONTROL SCHEMES
Updated the Halo 2 “Green Fingers” Button Layout.
Updated the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Recon Button Layout.

MISC.
Made improvements to stat-tracking.
Improved language support for Norweigan, Spanish, German and Japanese.

*Note: The team is aware that “Legacy” controls are incorrectly functioning as “Default” in Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 4, and are working to resolve this issue in an upcoming update. We will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the game.

Wow that is a lot to fix. They really need to fix boxer controls in Halo 3. It is weird that reload is different in that game then the other 3.

Fuchsdh

The MCC has such weird problems.

Jumped back onto the Xbone and saw that it had my Halo 4 campaign run suspended. Played a bit of it before I noticed I had NO UI at all - no shield meter, no minimap, nothing. I could hit the "start" button or whatever its called now and it did nothing. If I hit the Xbox button to go back to the dash the game would minimize into the dash window - showing the game menu - and from there I could bring the game back up to front and use the menu, but once I was back in the game I had no HUD and the start button still didn't work.

So I saved my progress, closed out of the game and restarted - luckily I was able to start from exactly where I left off with no issues.

But its freaky how many weird little bugs are in this thing.

Had that issue too, but what it mostly impressed upon me was that the Blind skull should keep your damn weapon on the screen instead of blanking everything.

Just tried it, does not appear to make any improvements on matchmaking time. BTB takes way too long still.

Patch came out 20 minutes ago, and most of America (yeah, the one that matters the most, sorry, but it's fact when it comes to Halo population) is still at work or in school.

I'm gonna be the last one to defend this poop collection 343i shit out to us, but goddamn, do we have to through this every patch?

Patch releases -> huge uproar about how it didn't do anything -> 24 hours later -> working better for most, but not all

xemumanic

Patch came out 20 minutes ago, and most of America (yeah, the one that matters the most, sorry, but it's fact when it comes to Halo population) is still at work or in school.

I'm gonna be the last one to defend this poop collection 343i shit out to us, but goddamn, do we have to through this every patch?

Patch releases -> huge uproar about how it didn't do anything -> 24 hours later -> working better for most, but not all

You speak truth. At the start of every new patch, there will be a bunch of people who claim they don't notice much of a difference, with one or two saying it got better for them. Then hours later, more people say it is better, and noting what's still broken.

But all the time while its progressing, one side can't admit to the other that just because their side is still broken/fixed it has nothing to do with how it is for the rest, the only true metric if things are better or worse is in aggregate, not just for one or two.

And overall, its clear things ARE getting better. I see specific patch mentions for issues I noted personally. So even though I can't play the game now, I know they ARE fixing things

gossi

a) I love that "America matters most", considering a vast majority of the world lives outside America.
b) The patch notes say there are no changes for matchmaking times.

Sephzilla

a) I love that "America matters most", considering a vast majority of the world lives outside America.

I want to think that "matchmaking stability" is probably another form of 'matchmaking times'.

When matchmaking works properly in this game it's actually pretty fast. But it does seem like it will occasionally hiccup and hang at certain steps of the process which end up slowing the whole thing down.

VinFTW

Lmao, it's almost as if you didn't read his post, at all.

That, or you severely misunderstood.

Welfare

A majority of the sales probably happened in the US alone, so that first comment does not aplly.

And the game couldn't load Wizard in Team Slayer. My god this game.

Its like 343 is in a castle with white flags surrounding it, a million rabid halo fans at the gate demanding food.

Every week or so they throw some food out the window, and a note an hour or 2 later saying whats in the food.

This is the best metaphor I've heard all day.

I want to think that "matchmaking stability" is probably another form of 'matchmaking times'.

When matchmaking works properly in this game it's actually pretty fast. But it does seem like it will occasionally hiccup and hang at certain steps of the process which end up slowing the whole thing down.

How can you say that it's actually pretty fast? As far as I can tell the fastest playlist is H2A and on average it still takes around 5 minutes to come up with a full party. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, and you sometimes get lucky and get connected right away to a full party but it still takes way too long.

Then there is Big Team Battle. I've connected to one game the entire time I've owned the game.

btrboyev

Are these patches cumulative? For example let's say someone who didn't download last weeks patch, will they still need to download two patches?

Bread

Banned
i like to know how badly i beat the top player on the other team, have they fixed the "who killed who" stats yet?

Sephzilla

How can you say that it's actually pretty fast? As far as I can tell the fastest playlist is H2A and on average it still takes around 5 minutes to come up with a full party. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, and you sometimes get lucky and get connected right away to a full party but it still takes way too long.

Then there is Big Team Battle. I've connected to one game the entire time I've owned the game.

I've been able to consistently get into Team Slayer and SWAT games in under 2 minutes, sometimes faster, which I think is fairly fast for a game that doesn't have join-in-progress like COD does. BTB I can get into games consistently with but the wait time is noticeably longer.

He said it matters the most to the Halo population. Since XBone has pretty much bombed in Europe, that's not wrong.

THRILLH0

Banned

You forgot about the guy who catches the first morsel taking a bite and immediately shouting back "everyone is still hungry you morons!"

Top Bottom