• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

I've been able to consistently get into Team Slayer and SWAT games in under 2 minutes, sometimes faster, which I think is fairly fast for a game that doesn't have join-in-progress like COD does. BTB I can get into games consistently with but the wait time is noticeably longer.

Halo 2, 3 (and I think 4) didn't have join-in-progress but they were all significantly faster. We're not even counting the greater than 30 second loading bar that you get hit with once you've finally started a game.

Nobodies really talking about that loading bar, but it's like the most ridiculous thing that I've ever seen in a modern multiplayer game.

Guess he was host in his game too. It must be a conspiracy. For real though, I know it's a possibility, but I'm optimistic.

I'm going to remain pessimistic given everything.

Although, if it really did "fix" H1, then they need a dedicated playlist ASAP. I will play it for the end of time.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It's not. 343's strategy seems to be fix everything except the crucial stuff. I'm still getting 3vs4s, long matchmaking times and 'game overs' before the match even starts.

wtf? Those are the 3 main problems we had. Are you sure you have the latest patch lol

Tomash

Took me 5 searches to find&actually play one match. Getting stuck forever on joining session, joining game, creating teams and match crashing during loading screen into game over screen. And the match I played was 5v4 Team Slayer BRs on Warlord. Total of ~20 mins before I could play a single match.

RdN

I'm having a lot of trouble finding matches... Been trying for the past half hour and still nothing.

darthbob

FlusteredVeneratedIggypops.gif

Good memories.

just downloaded all the updates, is the latest one released just an hour ago the 1160 MB update?
just asking to be sure im up to date with the updates cause i cannot find any additional MCC updates

Look at this hot pistol action!
Exhibit A
Exhibit B <--
Exhibit C

is this from BTB matchmaking or customs?
i hope its MM as this would mean they adjusted the vehicles for CE BTB :)
(no more tank destroyment non stop in CE BTB)

It's not. 343's strategy seems to be fix everything except the crucial stuff. I'm still getting 3vs4s, long matchmaking times and 'game overs' before the match even starts.

That's what I was afraid of.

Saw the patch notes and thought, "wait a second, nothing in here seems to be addressing long matchmaking times and inability to play the god damn game!"
Thought that maybe that was included in the vague "stability updates" and came to GAF to see what people had to say.

Stinkles and team need to stop fucking around and go all hands on deck for THE problem before worrying about all the other major shit that they should have finished before release. I'm starting to think that the recent new hires for the network team are because the current team is actually incapable of fixing it.

CooP-TroN

Banned
Well ce is still unplayable, for me at least.
H2A is still broken, and pretty bad all around. H2C still plays poorly more than half of the time. BTB is still lag ridden, and borderline unplayable.
The only thing I can get consistent good games in, is halo 3.

I'm still in utter disbelief they actually screwed this game up, THIS bad. I expected a few hic ups, since h4 was pretty bad for a while. But this is just getting unacceptable.
I'm starting to believe 343 is an incompetent studio, and shouldn't have been trusted with Microsofts biggest ip.
I'd like to not believe that, but at this point, they're giving me no other option.
If this game isn't fixed by the end of January, I surely won't be purchasing another product from 343 again.

Sephzilla

I'm 4 for 5 with games - team slayer playlist

With the 4 games I've had, matchmaking was really fast, teams were even, and I wasn't running into any noticeable lag. CE played nice

Halo CE shots feel like they're hitting alot better since I'm getting 3 shot kills easily now.

Now they just need to add a CE playlist and put the pistol zoom in sound back in.

I'm happy to hear that CE has improved. It's by far my favorite kick back mp of the bunch and now hopefully it won't be as infuriating.

Happy to hear that things are performing a little better. I'm getting this plus an XBO for Christmas and was hoping this would be "fixed" by then.

Kssio_Aug

Well, I bet the next patch wont be up till next year with Christmas there in our doors

What I want to know is, with that note here:
Stability Improvements
Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
Campaign Playlists.
Is, by any chance, the Halo 2 progress issues solved? Or the Halo 4 false co-op?

Really... I actually gave up about the MP. They release update after update, that requires more 1gb from our HDD and it barely fix something, if it fix samething. So, just release a fucking patch to fix the SP already!!

DJ Gunner

I know I don't speak for everyone, but this patch has been the magic MM bullet for my friends and I. Games fill up fairly fast, even teams every game, CE hit registration is vastly improved. I'm hopeful now moving forward.

Sephzilla

I know I don't speak for everyone, but this patch has been the magic MM bullet for my friends and I. Games fill up fairly fast, even teams every game, CE hit registration is vastly improved. I'm hopeful now moving forward.
Same here. Every game I've had (CE, 2 and 3 so far) have felt SO GOOD

Ugh had a team member quit on me in CE and got real annoyed when it kept spawning me directly in front of the other team.

Before I can even switch to the pistol, I was getting shot at.

Top Bottom