• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Is anybody else pissed about the Halo App?

For example to if I wanted to view the Halo 2 cinematics in MCC I would have to go through a few menus which then redirects me to the Halo App. Then I can only choose one cinematic to watch and not all of them, which are streamed over the Internet and not from your HDD. My internet is crap so if I want to watch the HD cutscenes I have to go through the campaign or YouTube. Let's also not forget that there are even ads in the Halo App when you're trying to watch videos, and the unnecessary 10 second intro to every video you watch, and after you finish your video you again have to renavigate yourself through multiple menus to find the next one.

The Halo App is also just so hard to navigate, it's extremely laggy and the interface is just plain awful. Why can't I simply view the cinematics like in Halo Wars!?

How many 1GB patches is it going to take before this works as it should? geez

I was thinking the same thing. When a game needs GB sized patches and it still doesn't work well, it probably shouldn't have been released.

Just finished downloading, lets see how it goes!

Kssio_Aug

Allright! For those who were having problems losing the campaing progress, could you double check it now??

I was losing my progress with Halo 2 campaing every time I exit the game. But I have just tried here twice, in two different checkpoint spots at level 10, and it actually loaded as it should! =D Maybe that was fixed?

Once I tried just exiting the Halo app and entering again. The other spot I even rebooted the console at enery saving mode and booted it again. Both loaded the progress successful!

Would like confirmation on this though!

Allright! For those who were having problems losing the campaing progress, could you double check it now??

I was losing my progress with Halo 2 campaing every time I exit the game. But I have just tried here twice, in two different checkpoint spots at level 10, and it actually loaded as it should! =D Maybe that was fixed?

Once I tried just exiting the Halo app and entering again. The other spot I even rebooted the console at enery saving mode and booted it again. Both loaded the progress successful!

I just lost my progress on my legendary Delta Halo run actually... I was half way done too.

VinFTW

Damn. Checking CE forums around the Halo community and this patch has been a god-send so far for 'em.

Hit registration, weapon spawn timers, crouch glitch, etc all fixed and significantly better.

I just lost my progress on my legendary Delta Halo run actually... I was half way done too.

Not to be a dick or anything... but there hasn't been checkpoint/mid-level saves since launch. Major bug. Need to complete the level to be sure.

If you HAVE been saving mid level up to this point, consider yourself extremely lucky.

clav

I lose progress in between patches unless I completed the level. Mid-level saves always get erased when I update.

I stopped playing campaign for that reason, and I play Halo for multiplayer.

At first I thought the patch was taking forever to download but then I realized its downloading the whole game. Damnit!

Im already at 40% in 10 minutes so its not too bad.

Bgamer90

Banned
Would be lying if I said I wasn't getting tired of these frequent updates. Seems like the only time I play the game now is to see if there are any improvements.

The last patch made things worse for me since it caused me to go back to the find game menu after each match (the update before that one fixed that issue for me). Will check this recent update out later on.

Dalto11

Went ahead and ordered myself an Xbox One Mastercheif Collection bundle. Is it worth putting down more money on gold right now to play online or should I just wait?

Went ahead and ordered myself an Xbox One Mastercheif Collection bundle. Is it worth putting down more money on gold right now to play online or should I just wait?

Seems to work for some people and not work for anybody... I'd use a free 48 hour code to see for yourself.

Fuchsdh

Probably the safe bet is to wait until Christmas if you want to max your productive playtime. The campaigns can keep you plenty busy until then.

mcrommert

Banned
Would be lying if I said I wasn't getting tired of these frequent updates. Seems like the only time I play the game now is to see if there are any improvements.

The last patch made things worse for me since it caused me to go back to the find game menu after each match (the update before that one fixed that issue for me). Will check this recent update out later on.
It will always do that now...they changed it

Defyler

Trying out the new patch playing h2c. Three games in a row I run into the bug where you have your first death and the game gets stuck at 4 on the respawn timer and fails to spawn you in. Quit all three games after waiting minutes each time. Nope. 343 still blows.

Jrs3000

Trying out the new patch playing h2c. Three games in a row I run into the bug where you have your first death and the game gets stuck at 4 on the respawn timer and fails to spawn you in. Quit all three games after waiting minutes each time. Nope. 343 still blows.

Did you do a hard reset on the box?

I swear to god people in this game are fucking stupid as shit. Every. single. time. a banshee slaughters our team and what do these idiots do? JACK FUCKING SHIT. No PP, no hijacks, no BR spam it to death. Fucking shit why do I always get stuck on a team full of morons?

JoeDanny

I swear to god people in this game are fucking stupid as shit. Every. single. time. a banshee slaughters our team and what do these idiots do? JACK FUCKING SHIT. No PP, no hijacks, no BR spam it to death. Fucking shit why do I always get stuck on a team full of morons?

If you're so much smarter than them, why not just kill the banshee yourself?

Didn't notice a difference after the patch. Played some SWAT, then went to Team H2A. Had some laggy matches here and there but pushed through them. And when are they planning on fixing rank resets? Yesterday my rank in H2A got reset back to 1. I hadn't played Team H2A for a couple of days prior to playing it yesterday (playing SWAT and HCS).

Makes it kind of impossible to get a high rank when you're constantly going back to zero.

TrounceX

This game is still fundamentally broken. From the process of joining a party to starting up matchmaking to getting into a game, there's still like a dozen steps where the game can get fucked up. If it does, there's no hope except to reset. ALL OF THE BUGS are still there. All the same problems since day one!! Come the fuck on already 343. This is a joke.

Can't join a party
Can't hear my friends in the party
Searching forever and can't find players
Stuck on joining session forever
Game won't load the map
Get uneven teams
Get put on the opposite team of my friends
Match is laggy as hell
Get stuck in respawn in 4 seconds screen for minutes
Get stuck in press b to continue post match
Does not reconnect to the party after the match

Repeat

If ANY one of these steps gets messed up or you need to cancel out of ANY screen, you're fucked. Reset.

What is this? Patch 6? Pathetic.

I don't have time for this garbage anymore.

Talka

Posted this in the other Halo thread since I couldn't find this one... but now that I've found you guys:

This game is still a broken piece of shit, right? I haven't been following any recent developments, but I tried to do some split-screen single-player and multi-player over the weekend. Half my single-player games either froze while loading or glitched out mid-playthrough, and each multiplayer game took ~6 minutes to find a party and then had maybe a 50% failure rate.

This is a month after launch. How did they launch the game in such a broken state? How have they not fixed things yet? How have they been so uncommunicative throughout this process? How have they so utterly failed to manage this fallout or make even a half-hearted gesture to make things right?

I am 100% soured on the Halo franchise. Halo 5 was an absolute sure-thing pre-order for me, and there's just no way in hell I'm giving this franchise any more money after this. Such a complete clusterfuck on every front.

And shame on all the reviewers that have this sitting at 86% on Metacritic.

I had back to back games where I went 16-5 and 17-5...lost both games. Fucking hate randoms but cant play with friends in this game.

Newlove

I know right...I just went 29 kills in team slayer with a few deaths and we still lost. The match before that was just as bad for my split screen team mates.

catmario

It was supposed to be unlock All DLC skulls last week, but I didn't got anything.

What happened? Am I glitched? or postponed?

Played ten games tonight (mix of TS and BTB), most of the games I got into fairly fast with even teams, still doesn't stop quitters but whatever. CE feels great (even got a Running Riot), now only if I could get some decent teammates. I'm by no means the best player, however some of these people make me wonder how they even turned on their console.

Top Bottom