• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Finally got to Halo 2 Anniversary and oh man!!! The Blur cinematics are totally ace! Really love going through. The whole upgrade to the graphics in general for 2 is fantastic as well.

clav

At first, I thought Halo 1 MP was better. I was landing all my shots and even got two killtaculars within a minute.

Then everyone started quitting because they can't move.

Apparently I was host.

I don't think we're going to see a dedicated Halo 1 playlist until the dedis are figured out.

Tawpgun

This game is still fundamentally broken. From the process of joining a party to starting up matchmaking to getting into a game, there's still like a dozen steps where the game can get fucked up. If it does, there's no hope except to reset. ALL OF THE BUGS are still there. All the same problems since day one!! Come the fuck on already 343. This is a joke.

Can't join a party
Can't hear my friends in the party
Searching forever and can't find players
Stuck on joining session forever
Game won't load the map
Get uneven teams
Get put on the opposite team of my friends
Match is laggy as hell
Get stuck in respawn in 4 seconds screen for minutes
Get stuck in press b to continue post match
Does not reconnect to the party after the match

Repeat

If ANY one of these steps gets messed up or you need to cancel out of ANY screen, you're fucked. Reset.

What is this? Patch 6? Pathetic.

I don't have time for this garbage anymore.

Are you the same Trounce of "trounced his xbox" fame?

Celestia

So those LASO achievements...

Any one here gonna try to get them?

I got to the gold elite sword party room by myself on Truth and Reconciliation. That pretty much turned me off of even trying anymore. I could see it being done coop though.

Team Slayer, Halo 2 and Halo 3 playlists are working very well so far, but I can't seem to get into a Team SWAT match for some reason. And I haven't tried BTB since the patch.

Good to see matchmaking is still shit. 10 minutes and no game yet. It finds 7 people and just can't find that elusive 8th person.

Another worthless 1.16GB download.

Kssio_Aug

I wonder how much space of my Xbox hard drive wll this game occupy till it gets fixed. I mean... 1gb for barely nothing, again?

343 really have no clue of what theyre doing! Even the SP issues from day 1 one are still there apparently.

So those LASO achievements...

Any one here gonna try to get them?

I've got Halo CE & 4 LASO done, and am almost half way through Halo 3 LASO.

I'm waiting for them to fix the checkpoint nonsense before attempting Halo 2 LASO... it's broken.

I'm at 446/450 achievements now. Only missing H2 & 3 LASO, the one for all four LASOs, and the one for playing 3 months after your first game. :)

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I wonder how much space of my Xbox hard drive wll this game occupy till it gets fixed. I mean... 1gb for barely nothing, again?

343 really have no clue of what theyre doing! Even the SP issues from day 1 one are still there apparently.

Patches overwrite old files that need to be updated, if there is new content, it's added, if it patches files, size changes sligthly.

Notice how the game's size does not change that much after each update (except the 15GB content update), and how the left space on your HDD is about the same.

It's not like on 360 anymore where patches where added to the game (well, patches overwrited themselves but did not touch the game).

Kssio_Aug

Patches overwrite old files that need to be updated, if there is new content, it's added, if it patches files, size changes sligthly.

Notice how the game's size does not change that much after each update (except the 15GB content update), and how the left space on your HDD is about the same.

It's not like on 360 anymore where patches where added to the game (well, patches overwrited themselves but did not touch the game).

Thanks! Havent noticed! :)
Thats a relief then!

Noobcraft

I'm waiting for them to fix the checkpoint nonsense before attempting Halo 2 LASO... it's broken.

I'm at 446/450 achievements now. Only missing H2 & 3 LASO, the one for all four LASOs, and the one for playing 3 months after your first game. :)
You're insane... O_O

I swear to god people in this game are fucking stupid as shit. Every. single. time. a banshee slaughters our team and what do these idiots do? JACK FUCKING SHIT. No PP, no hijacks, no BR spam it to death. Fucking shit why do I always get stuck on a team full of morons?
If only there was some way of using voice chat to offer people tips to help them improve.

Turned the game on for the first time in weeks and hooray I'm in a game almost immediately.

However it is spawning me directly infront of enemy players, I'm being shot round corners.

Anyone successfully had a refund for this recently?

Too bad you can't clone yourself to help me out with all these achievements lol. I've been waiting until it works properly.

Too bad you can't clone yourself to help me out with all these achievements lol. I've been waiting until it works properly.

Well to be fair, the campaign works just fine now, with the exception of still crashing or disconnecting sometimes when trying to do online co-op for Halo 2.

Halo 3 gets EXTREMELY laggy (or maybe just framerate going to hell, but I think it's lag) if you try to play co-op with someone overseas or on a bad connection, but my buds and I were able to do Halo 3 co-op just 3-players with two of us in Texas and one in Arizona without any issues at all.

Halo 4 seemed much more stable than Halo 3, both 3-player and 4-player co-op, although we did the LASO with just 3 of us.

CE is similar to Halo 3 in that if you try to play with anyone overseas it goes to shit, at least for whoever isn't the host, but works just fine if you're close/have good connections with low latency to each other.

But as far as functionality all the campaigns are perfectly doable aside from the afore-mentioned checkpoint problems in Halo 2 LASO. All the multiplayer achievements can be done in customs except for like 5 of them.

Even the Legend Slayer achievement can be done in customs, but the description is wrong. Killing someone with the Legendary Anniversary achievement isn't good enough. They need to have completed the Halo 2 campaign SOLO Legendary in order to get the achievement when killing them. We discovered this because everyone kept getting the achievement when killing me in customs, but whenever I killed someone else that had Legendary Anniversary I never got the achievement, and the only difference between us was that I did solo legendary and they all did co-op legendary.

So yeah, if you can get into a few Halo 2 anniversary matchmaking games to knock out those few achievements that require it, everything else is obtainable apart from Halo 2 LASO. Even the best players in the world haven't been able to do that one yet because 343i messed with the Iron skull or something and it broke the checkpoints. Specifically, Pingy hit a wall at gravemind, and most of the LASO guys already assumed gravemind would be impossible without Envy anyway. They need to put Envy back into Halo 2 LASO (since it was part of the original ANYWAY), and fix whatever they messed up with the checkpoints not happening properly.

Akai__

I want to see the dev, that completed Halo 2 SLASO and thought it would be a good idea.

Invisible enemies, increased AI awareness, enemies don't flinch, etc.

Even if the Scarab Gun was activated, it would increase the chances by a little...

Off sick and decided to hop in to see how things were these days, haven't touched the game for a couple of weeks because of the mess. Downloaded a 1+ GB patch, seem to of connected to the first few games quicker but now its dried up. Only getting 3 v 3 at best.

I wish they'd show how many people were in each playlist and I'd make a decision based off that like in past games, although that would be probably showing too much detail which they don't want to be beaten over the head with, if theres a high player count and still having joining issues theres a problem.

Also, Halo 3, have they reverted to the old, at launch, spawn points as well as weapon / equipment pickups? I know the weapon and such have reverted but it seems like I'm spawning in front of or behind a guy an awful lot and I don't remember that from way back when, Bungie probably fixed along the way via updates.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

hollyshitttt

Welfare

God damn.

And why is Envy even missing in H2 LASO? Who thought that up?

Drubbed

Banned
how much space are all these patches up to?

I'm on 98% hard drive used and with this unplayable POS taking up over 50gb it maybe time to delete it until further notice.

Great news guys!

Andy Dudynsky @Brav · 15h 15 hours ago
@sonicpoop @Halo @PlutonForEver looking to bring additional playlists back as early as this week, particularly due to Halo: CE updates.
wait....
Andy Dudynsky @Brav · 15h 15 hours ago
@Joltless need to check with the playlist team, but we're looking to bring playlists back within next few weeks.

Im just gonna go back to playing halo CE custom games by myself and pretending there are more players

Cavalier

Banned
This thread got me thinking. Why don't you guys set up custom games together instead of relying on broken matchmaking system? Custom games are working good right? Doesn't seem like it would be hard to plan a night or 2.

This thread got me thinking. Why don't you guys set up custom games together instead of relying on broken matchmaking system? Custom games are working good right? Doesn't seem like it would be hard to plan a night or 2.

For me the point of matchmaking is i don't have to wait on other people.

Turn on xbox.
I wanna play big team
In 4-5 mins i should be playing big team.

Not the fault of other people, Im busy and my schedule during the week is usually unreliable.

Off sick and decided to hop in to see how things were these days, haven't touched the game for a couple of weeks because of the mess. Downloaded a 1+ GB patch, seem to of connected to the first few games quicker but now its dried up. Only getting 3 v 3 at best.

I wish they'd show how many people were in each playlist and I'd make a decision based off that like in past games, although that would be probably showing too much detail which they don't want to be beaten over the head with, if theres a high player count and still having joining issues theres a problem.

Yeah cause at times in BTB I really feel like I am searching in a playlist of 3 digit player count.

Knowing which playlists are the most populated would help speed things up.

Although all those threads about Halo 4 MM numbers falling off a cliff on GAF are probably to blame for that. :p

Also, Halo 3, have they reverted to the old, at launch, spawn points as well as weapon / equipment pickups? I know the weapon and such have reverted but it seems like I'm spawning in front of or behind a guy an awful lot and I don't remember that from way back when, Bungie probably fixed along the way via updates.

Yep. Definitely feels like it.

There is no custom games browser. And a lot of people cant schedule games in advance.

Leyasu

Banned

Its easier said than done. Not everyone can on at the same etc..

Leyasu

Banned
Holy shit I just played the halo 4 remake of the pit.. Fucking gorgeous. They almost look gens apart in fact.

Akai__

how much space are all these patches up to?

I'm on 98% hard drive used and with this unplayable POS taking up over 50gb it maybe time to delete it until further notice.

Updates don't add to the file size, as far as I know. They are overwriting existing stuff.

My game is still 59.1GB.

It is amazing. Not sure how I never played it in Halo 4. Must've been late DLC.

Yes. It was added, after the 3 initial DLC map-packs were done.

Sai

Only played Halo 4's variant on that single game of Ricochet I tried out.

It did look nice though. I think I recall some people here saying they didn't like the color palette compared to the original. Were there any significant changes to the level besides it's appearance?

Only played Halo 4's variant on that single game of Ricochet I tried out.

It did look nice though. I think I recall some people here saying they didn't like the color palette compared to the original.

The fact that I can't play ricochet right now is one of the biggest bummers I'm having with mcc.

Ya know...besides...nothing else working.

Leyasu

Banned
Kind of wish Halo 4 was added to Team Slayer so I could at least have a chance of playing it again.

You know what, and I'm gonna get some hate for saying this. Halo 4 feels much better than other halos ... There I said it.

If halo 5 plays like that but without the shitty bolt shot and ordinance drops... Then for me it will be fucking amazing

Sephzilla

You know what, and I'm gonna get some hate for saying this. Halo 4 feels much better than other halos ... There I said it.

If halo 5 plays like that but without the shitty bolt shot and ordinance drops... Then for me it will be fucking amazing

The Halo 4 gametypes they have in the BTB playlist are the best versions, in my opinion, because the armor abilities are stripped out and it ends up playing more like traditional Halo.

Leyasu

Banned
The Halo 4 gametypes they have in the BTB playlist are the best versions, in my opinion, because the armor abilities are stripped out and it ends up playing more like traditional Halo.

Aye, and swat halo 4. Love it.

Its gotta be said, but halo without sprint just feels slow.

Side note, how fucking gorgeous is halo 4 as well?

Impala26

No AA's in Halo 4 BTB in MCC, the way it was meant to be.

The only way Halo 4 could be better is if they cut out sprint and somehow shrunk the maps a little.

Pretty interesting. I didn't know any of this because the only H4 I've done in MCC has been in SWAT.

I'd say cut sprint, but increase base movement speed to approximately HALF the amount a Speed Boost powerup boosts you.

Top Bottom