• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

this_multiverse

Neo Member
You know what, and I'm gonna get some hate for saying this. Halo 4 feels much better than other halos ... There I said it.

If halo 5 plays like that but without the shitty bolt shot and ordinance drops... Then for me it will be fucking amazing

! I want that Halo 4 playlist. sprint >>

Leyasu

Banned
No AA's in Halo 4 BTB in MCC, the way it was meant to be.

The only way Halo 4 could be better is if they cut out sprint and somehow shrunk the maps a little.

I'm sorry mate, but sprint feels good.

And in all honesty, I'm glad it's staying for halo 5.

Playing the pit remake earlier and being able to sprint jump across gaps was awesome.

Impala26

I....i don't mind sprint....

I even kinda like it

So we already knew in H5 that sprinting resets your shield recharge cooldown until you stop sprinting. We also knew that in H5 it takes somewhere between 1 to 2 seconds to reach "max velocity" while sprinting, which allows you to then slide or do a charge attack.

What I'm just now learning is that in that short window BEFORE max velocity, if you try to sprint and take fire, you actually DE-SPRINT. I can dig this. If sprint has to be in the game (still hoping for option to disable it) I'm really glad there's these checks and balances that prevent it from being a "get out of jail free card".

Chitown B

This game is still fundamentally broken. From the process of joining a party to starting up matchmaking to getting into a game, there's still like a dozen steps where the game can get fucked up. If it does, there's no hope except to reset. ALL OF THE BUGS are still there. All the same problems since day one!! Come the fuck on already 343. This is a joke.

Can't join a party
Can't hear my friends in the party
Searching forever and can't find players
Stuck on joining session forever
Game won't load the map
Get uneven teams
Get put on the opposite team of my friends
Match is laggy as hell
Get stuck in respawn in 4 seconds screen for minutes
Get stuck in press b to continue post match
Does not reconnect to the party after the match

Repeat

If ANY one of these steps gets messed up or you need to cancel out of ANY screen, you're fucked. Reset.

What is this? Patch 6? Pathetic.

I don't have time for this garbage anymore.

I don't get any of these bugs anymore.

hwalker84

This game is still fundamentally broken. From the process of joining a party to starting up matchmaking to getting into a game, there's still like a dozen steps where the game can get fucked up. If it does, there's no hope except to reset. ALL OF THE BUGS are still there. All the same problems since day one!! Come the fuck on already 343. This is a joke.

Can't join a party
Game won't load the map
Get uneven teams
Match is laggy as hell

Repeat

If ANY one of these steps gets messed up or you need to cancel out of ANY screen, you're fucked. Reset.

At this point i'm going to point the finger squarely at your connection/NAT/router setup. Besides the opposite teams I haven't encountered any of those issues in a long time.

Great news guys!

wait....

Im just gonna go back to playing halo CE custom games by myself and pretending there are more players

They need to add both Halo CE and Halo 4 playlists. It is ridiculous that there is no way to play each game included in this collection. After the patch last night I played like 8 games of BTB, it was great, they start so fast now. Every game was 12/16, so as soon as a room got ot 12 it just started. Also the map loading screen loads so much faster now. The odd thing was that Halo 4 never even came up once to even vote on in any of those 8 matches. It was coming up every time before the patch.

Skullface

Wow, I had my first asshole go out of his way to talk shit post game via message. I just noticed I had a new message today, but it happened to be from last Thursday.

Now I'm super rusty at Halo and I haven't had the time to "git gud" again, though I'll get there. Sometimes I'm the guy that carries the team, the only one with a positive kill/death ratio. Other times I'm a total scrub if there are more skilled players. However, I got a message that asked "How the fuck do you get 0 kills?" I have no memory of this match where I got zero kills... I may have put the controller down at some point and forgot or something.

Still, why would you go out of your way to say "you suck at this game" after a match? It's just a game lol.

Wow, I had my first asshole go out of his way to talk shit post game via message. I just noticed I had a new message today, but it happened to be from last Thursday.

Now I'm super rusty at Halo and I haven't had the time to "git gud" again, though I'll get there. Sometimes I'm the guy that carries the team, the only one with a positive kill/death ratio. Other times I'm a total scrub if there are more skilled players. However, I got a message that asked "How the fuck do you get 0 kills?" I have no memory of this match where I got zero kills... I may have put the controller down at some point and forgot or something.

Still, why would you go out of your way to say "you suck at this game" after a match? It's just a game lol.
Aww I wish I would get shit talking people. Just like good old halo

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Spends 5 minutes searching for a BTB -> loading map.. Boom back to the menu. 3 times in a row. What. The. Fuck.

tmac456

there's still party joining issues every now and then but its been cleaned up for the most part

i'm hoping matchmaking runs better tonight since more people will have the patch downloaded. CE is soooo much better now. all i want are the dedis to go up

I got into a weird match of CE. The game started 4v1. Then 3 minutes later the game became 2v4.

Wut? Where did my team go? Where did these new players come from? Did people get team "balanced"? What is going on?

Can't join a party
Game won't load the map
Get uneven teams
Match is laggy as hell

Repeat

I'm still getting the bolded seemingly randomly but frequently. Open NAT with great internet.
Uneven teams happens much less frequently than it used to, though.

Spends 5 minutes searching for a BTB -> loading map.. Boom back to the menu. 3 times in a row. What. The. Fuck.

Yup BTB is tough. If it ever manages to find players at all, the game might still crash.
That playlists still seems totally random. At times it is impossible to find a match and other times I can get one in a few minutes. Still not acceptable.

Also got many games that were clearly not on servers.

Sephzilla

I'm sorry mate, but sprint feels good.

And in all honesty, I'm glad it's staying for halo 5.

Playing the pit remake earlier and being able to sprint jump across gaps was awesome.

I'm not a fan of it at least in Halo 4 because the way Halo 4's maps are built it kind of defeats the purpose of sprint in general. The maps in Halo 4 feel really spacious/bloated compared to Halo maps of old. I think if Halo 4's maps were a little smaller and sprint was removed, the game would play pretty much near the same way.

A faster game, sprint does not make.

They need to add both Halo CE and Halo 4 playlists. It is ridiculous that there is no way to play each game included in this collection. After the patch last night I played like 8 games of BTB, it was great, they start so fast now. Every game was 12/16, so as soon as a room got ot 12 it just started. Also the map loading screen loads so much faster now. The odd thing was that Halo 4 never even came up once to even vote on in any of those 8 matches. It was coming up every time before the patch.

wow actually same. I thought i was just getting unlucky not getting halo 4.

I've always been fine with sprint in halo 4 mainly because if i sprint and see an enemy, and he sees me at the same time and ISNT sprinting, he has the advantage. Theres a the animation where you have to actually pull the gun back up if you're sprinting. So I liked the fast-tactical feel of sprinting but having to take corners slow, watch my shooting lanes, still think about what I'm doing and where the enemy is. Im super alone in this i realize, but along with the other things H5 is adding to basically "check" sprint, I'm pumped for it. I hope they don't just stretch the maps to account for spring like in H4, but instead just make them so they ACCOMMODATE sprint, not require it.

Leyasu

Banned
wow actually same. I thought i was just getting unlucky not getting halo 4.

I've always been fine with sprint in halo 4 mainly because if i sprint and see an enemy, and he sees me at the same time and ISNT sprinting, he has the advantage. Theres a the animation where you have to actually pull the gun back up if you're sprinting. So I liked the fast-tactical feel of sprinting but having to take corners slow, watch my shooting lanes, still think about what I'm doing and where the enemy is. Im super alone in this i realize, but along with the other things H5 is adding to basically "check" sprint, I'm pumped for it. I hope they don't just stretch the maps to account for spring like in H4, but instead just make them so they ACCOMMODATE sprint, not require it.

Like I said in a post earlier, the pit remake in halo 4 with sprint is awesome. You sprint jump the gaps and it has a good flow to it.

Leyasu

Banned
Haven is easily up there with the best halo maps. In fact, after playing halo 4 swat all day, halo 4 has some damn good maps.

At this point i'm going to point the finger squarely at your connection/NAT/router setup. Besides the opposite teams I haven't encountered any of those issues in a long time.

Oh come on, half of the issues he mentioned have nothing to do with his connection type.

mcrommert

Banned
Keep the halo 4 love flowing

Hopefully they update halo 3 for the post launch updates (ie boundless) and halo 4 changes also...really strange they launched even their own game with the original settings and maps

Impala26

Where am I? All this halo 4 love it's crazy!

Obligatory...

main.php

bill-and-ted-keanu-reeves-woah-shocked-amazed-1359050764y.gif

I tweeted bravo just to try and see if we can get a realistic timeline on playlists other than "soon"

Like for two almost 3 patches I've been able to find games fairly easily. Now I can get them pretty damn fast.

Add the games people paid for.

RdN

I still can't play since yesterday's update. Stuck forever on "Searching for players...".

Worse thing is that before this update I was getting into matches fairly quickly.

Blarg

Neo Member
They really need ranks back as well for all playlists. I haven't had many good, close games.

Also, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Team Slayer playlist. If they don't want to split the population too much (especially once we have dedicated HCE and H4 playlists), why have a playlist solely for a gametype that's easily accessed in others?

Bossniak

Stuck on searching for one more player, stuck on cast your vote screen where timer doesn't go down, map doesn't load kicks you back out to menu, rarely get h1 map choice in btb

Just some issue I keep experiencing. This game will never be fixed eh?

Havoc2049

Take out all the Infinity stuff and Halo 4 is guuud!

I think most people bailed on Halo 4 shortly after launch when all the Infinity playlists were the focus. To 343i's credit, they listened to the fans and Infinity game types became less of a focus and more traditional Halo game types became the focus in Slayer, Team Slayer and BTB playlists in Halo 4. Now people are seeing what Halo 4 morphed into about six or so months after release.

bchamba

Like I said in a post earlier, the pit remake in halo 4 with sprint is awesome. You sprint jump the gaps and it has a good flow to it.

What gaps are you talking about? Are you talking about jumps that can also be made in halo 3 without sprint?

Ryde3

latest patch has been a huge improvement for me, was able to party up and find games with no problems all night last night! Getting there!!!

Impala26

What gaps are you talking about? Are you talking about jumps that can also be made in halo 3 without sprint?

There's a ton of "sprint jumps" that can be made in H4 Pitfall that simply cannot be made in H3 The Pit. Mostly have to do with jumping between sections of elevated platforms that simply are too far to make without the momentum of sprint.

mcfrank

Played last night and ran into the following issues:

• Couldnt hear some party members (could hear them fine in lobby but not in game)
  • Some party members couldnt hear me, some could
  • Uneven teams
  • 5v4 in a playlist that is capped at 8
  • After a game completed party was broken and and we could not reconnect with each other without quitting the game and relaunching
  • Stuck in joining/found game loop and have to leave match making which breaks up our party
  • Halo 1 games do not end when the entire other team has quit

Zel3

I've got Halo CE & 4 LASO done, and am almost half way through Halo 3 LASO.

I'm waiting for them to fix the checkpoint nonsense before attempting Halo 2 LASO... it's broken.

I'm at 446/450 achievements now. Only missing H2 & 3 LASO, the one for all four LASOs, and the one for playing 3 months after your first game. :)

Any guides you recommend? Iron skull is the only thing stopping me from trying LASO playlists out.

Played last night. First match hardlocked, had to reset. Second match was Halo 4 Swat. Not bad. Then tried Big Team Battle, and there was just no match.

Can we abandon the concept of Trumatch on MCC? It can't be hard to just connect people who are looking for a game, can it?

Fuchsdh

Any guides you recommend? Iron skull is the only thing stopping me from trying LASO playlists out.

Mythic Tyrant does good LASO guides for Halo 3 and 4 at least. Since CEA and H2A have different skulls I'm not sure if there are good guides.

Havoc2049

I'm not a fan of it at least in Halo 4 because the way Halo 4's maps are built it kind of defeats the purpose of sprint in general. The maps in Halo 4 feel really spacious/bloated compared to Halo maps of old. I think if Halo 4's maps were a little smaller and sprint was removed, the game would play pretty much near the same way.

A faster game, sprint does not make.

I think you have a selective memory. Halo 2 for example had huge maps as well, such as Containment, Waterworks, Headlong and Terminal. If you get stuck without a vehicle in Containment, it feels like it takes you forever to traverse the map to find some action to get into.

If you took out sprint in Halo 4, the DMR would be too powerful in large and medium sized maps and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I also feel that it would restrict movement around the map and people would be camping in cover, waiting for vehicle spawns and it would slow down the pace of the game too much.

TrounceX

I run a Linksys wrt54g with DD-WRT firmware. Xbox One is hardwired. I ensure you that it is set up correctly as I am literally a network administrator by profession. This stuff is my day job. This is the same setup I have used for Halo since...forever, and I've never had trouble before.

...before the Xbox One that is. Destiny still disconnects me all the time and is unplayable. Titanfall works perfectly fine though.

Personally I'm beginning to become suspicious of the Xbox One's ipv6 tunneling. I haven't read up much on the teredo tunneling protocol being used, but I probably should.

bchamba

I think you have a selective memory. Halo 2 for example had huge maps as well, such as Containment, Waterworks, Headlong and Terminal. If you get stuck without a vehicle in Containment, it feels like it takes you forever to traverse the map to find some action to get into.

If you took out sprint in Halo 4, the DMR would be too powerful in large and medium sized maps and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I also feel that it would restrict movement around the map and people would be camping in cover, waiting for vehicle spawns and it would slow down the pace of the game too much.

I still don't think sprint is necessary as long as the maps are designed correctly. I don't play many BTB games, but most of the large maps throughout halo that I can remember usually contain portals or shortcuts than can only be traversed on foot in order to cut down on the amount of time it takes to get across the map.

I run a Linksys wrt54g with DD-WRT firmware. Xbox One is hardwired. I ensure you that it is set up correctly as I am literally a network administrator by profession. This stuff is my day job. This is the same setup I have used for Halo since...forever, and I've never had trouble before.

...before the Xbox One that is. Destiny still disconnects me all the time and is unplayable. Titanfall works perfectly fine though.

Personally I'm beginning to become suspicious of the Xbox One's ipv6 tunneling. I haven't read up much on the teredo tunneling protocol being used, but I probably should.

tumblr_mqgptzKVko1qaeynmo1_500.gif

Freeser

Still rocking a wrt54g? I used the same router for classic H2. Anyway, do you have any other xboxes on your network? You using uPnP? DMZ? Port forwarding? Triggering? I had a lot of the same issues due to having 2 xbones on the same network.

GoxRx

I still can't play since yesterday's update. Stuck forever on "Searching for players...".

Worse thing is that before this update I was getting into matches fairly quickly.

I'm having the same problems. This patch has done nothing for me :(

My nat is open and I can play others games normally.

TrounceX

Still rocking a wrt54g? I used the same router for classic H2. Anyway, do you have any other xboxes on your network? You using uPnP? DMZ? Port forwarding? Triggering? I had a lot of the same issues due to having 2 xbones on the same network.

Heck yea the wrt54g is legendary. These routers never die. But yes, I have a couple Xbox's in the house, although I'm only port forwarding to the Xbone. I could see where someone could have issues with that. I've also tried putting it into the DMZ as a last resort but nothing changed. The Xbone shows open NAT even after resetting it anyways.

I think the game is just broken.

Ramirez

No AA's in Halo 4 BTB in MCC, the way it was meant to be.

The only way Halo 4 could be better is if they cut out sprint and somehow shrunk the maps a little.

I don't think this is true, it's just that by default, none of the loadouts have them. So unless someone edits their loadouts, they only have what the game offers, which is no AA's.

Sephzilla

I don't think this is true, it's just that by default, none of the loadouts have them. So unless someone edits their loadouts, they only have what the game offers, which is no AA's.

I'm pretty sure BTB Halo 4 overrides your set loadouts and uses a default set. My custom loadouts dont carry over.

Top Bottom