• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

clav

Have there been anyone affiliated with 343i or MS who have explicitly stated why there have been issues with the dedis and any sort of timeline to straightening that out?

No. That's what makes the whole updating scheme frustrating.

No timelines for anything.

Just fix matchmaking from Bonnie Ross.

From a user point of view, faster matchmaking times which has been the goal since launch became the norm at the cost of dedis.

Leyasu

Banned
No. That's what makes the whole updating scheme frustrating.

No timelines for anything.

Just fix matchmaking from Bonnie Ross.

From a user point of view, faster matchmaking times which has been the goal since launch became the norm at the cost of dedis.

Stinkles did say that the p2p was a fallback... But its pretty shocking when titanfall doesn't need a p2p fallback..

I want to love this, but the fucking lag because this shit game won't let me play on the western Europe datacenter is really doing my head in.

Stinkles did say that the p2p was a fallback... But its pretty shocking when titanfall doesn't need a p2p fallback..

I want to love this, but the fucking lag because this shit game won't let me play on the western Europe datacenter is really doing my head in.

I just wish Dedicated Servers worked in general. Haven't connected to them since launch night. This clip was recorded just five days ago (just over a month since launch): http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium/3f23aa6a-ec3a-4e93-b026-1623053c8aef

They need the servers on ASAP. Overall match quality is just wildly inconsistent.

I just wish Dedicated Servers worked in general. Haven't connected to them since launch night. This clip was recorded just five days ago (just over a month since launch): http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium/3f23aa6a-ec3a-4e93-b026-1623053c8aef

They need the servers on ASAP. Overall match quality is just wildly inconsistent.
The fact that you can even have matches to compare quality consistency is an improvement lol.
I doubt the dedi's are up.

Matches are to inconsistent headshot wise for them to be up.

Also Stealth Halo CE playlist yessss.
Seriously?! Ugh Im at work for another 6 hours......................................

Leyasu

Banned

Lol I'm on my tablet, but I have recorded some serious lag fuck ups. I'll post some later.

I'm playing swat as I type.. Mans its so fucking bad.

clav

I think the servers are up. Im having godlike games in halo 1, 3 and waiting on a halo 2 match.

You're probably hosting.

That was quite a few updates ago. Then that changed since everyone's #1 complaint was finding a game.

Oh sweet they finally added a dedicated HCE playlist!

But it's 2v2. :/

I'll try this out later.

OLD NEWS?
We have updated the Matchmaking playlist lineup to include Halo: CE. As mentioned before launch, we held this playlist until additional gameplay improvements could be made to Halo: CE, and many of these improvements were included in our most recent content update. The playlist is now available. As we mentioned before launch, the Halo: CE playlist will be premiering at 2v2 based on community feedback.

edit:ah yes I see beaten with a stick-

Best way to play.

Fuck that, if all the games feel as good as they have for me today, team slayer(and hopefUlly objective soon FRANKIE) for life.

You're probably hosting.

No, I know what host felt like pre this patch and the kind of games I am having today compared to the entirety of my experience prior is mindblowing to say the least.

That and my friend is reacting the exact say way.

So, besides 2 random posters saying they're getting no lag, no evidence of dedicated servers right?

Not doubting you, just, you offered no substantial evidence at all, purely anecdotal.

My close to 200 games logged, I'd say 10 or so had very noticeable lag, everything else felt fine.

Also, hurray for the CE playlist.

So, besides 2 random posters saying they're getting no lag, no evidence of dedicated servers right?

Not doubting you, just, you offered no substantial evidence at all, purely anecdotal.

My close to 200 games logged, I'd say 10 or so had very noticeable lag, everything else felt fine.

Also, hurray for the CE playlist.

No, what i am saying is that my experience today with my friend could only be described as dedicated servers. Whether you get them I can't say. But the difference has been so stark that i have trouble explaining it any other way.

Pez

I was talking to a friend about all this and he brought up a good point.

343 is going to need to relaunch MCC sometime next year to try and give this game another chance. Maybe sometime in March they can simply say "we're relaunching the MCC the way it should have been done" with new content that will attract the casual gamer.

A soft relaunch is the only thing they can do at this point to try and salvage the Halo community.

I have no idea what they could offer to get people interested again in a major way, but hopefully something.

clav

Fuck that, if all the games feel as good as they have for me today, team slayer(and hopefUlly objective soon FRANKIE) for life.

No, I know what host felt like pre this patch and the kind of games I am having today compared to the entirety of my experience prior is mindblowing to say the least.

That and my friend is reacting the exact say way.

The next time I have a CE game with people standing still and walking in the same spot, I'll DVR it.

Everyone will quit.

Sephzilla

I agree that 343 really needs to do some kind of relaunch campaign to draw positive attention back to MCC once the bugs are worked out.

No, what i am saying is that my experience today with my friend could only be described as dedicated servers. Whether you get them I can't say. But the difference has been so stark that i have trouble explaining it any other way.

Did it say connecting to Dedicated Servers anywhere like several posters have stated in this thread and the last OTT?

The next time I have a CE game with people standing still and walking in the same spot, I'll DVR it.

Everyone will quit.

I don't seem to remember telling you what kind of games you were having. I have no interest in your issues when I'm talking about my personal experience having games on dedis.

I'll tell you what, I change my original statement to :"Guys I think dedis may or may not be starting to show up, I have had a couple games with them".

There.

I don't seem to remember telling you what kind of games you were having. I have no interest in your issues when I'm talking about my personal experience having games on dedis.

I'll tell you what, I change my original statement to :"Guys I think dedis may or may not be starting to show up, I have had a couple games with them".

There.

In a hostile thread like this, you can't really post absolutes without hard evidence.

EDIT: Did you have shit quality games before?

IHaveIce

Banned
It was your unwillingness to move back from your stance that dedis are back. You had people reply to you doubting that dedis were back, you didn't compromise your stance.

Thus, we're here.

Lol. Ok buddy.

Onto my ignore list.

It was fraking obvious that we meant our personal experience. And yes I had the message connecting to dedis yesterday once.

Didn't think I said anything to warrant an ignore list, just asked for more proof, and it wasn't provided, and I'm assuming you're the other guy's friend, which is fine. I'm glad you're getting lag-free games now and able to enjoy the game more.

Anyway, 2v2 Halo 1...get those timers ready people.

They could always do a free day of MCC like they've done with Forza and Sunset Overdrive.

60GB in one day.

mj-laughing.gif

Top Bottom