• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Well I think at this point this collection is just a waste as far as multiplayer goes. It will always probably be a glitchy mess and while fun, never the truly genuine experience of these original games.

At least there's always campaigns.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just turned my Xbox on for the first time since refunding my digital copy of the game, and since the console wasn't connected to my new network it let me play all offline components without an issue, haha. I hadn't even thought of that.

Me: above average player, understands spawn system, able to do all button glitches (the ones that matter) believes going even is terrible unless it's an objective game.

You: all of the above, or something close to it. Are not an idiot, understands call outs, are not a douche.

Let's play Halo CE.

GT : Panda Owning Em

Vinc

Would it be possible to have a Halo 4 dedicated playlist? And H4 added to the Team Slayer playlist? It's nowhere near my favorite Halo game, but it'd be nice to make sure the playlists allow access to all content of the game.

Just saw a player join in progress in SWAT.

When the map was loading it was 3v3 but when the match started the other team only had 2 players.

About a minute later a message appeared saying that someone had joined the other team.

Is that supposed to happen?

JackHerer

I played probably 15 games today. Over half of them were CE. I was getting into matches quickly and never had to reset the game. I did have a few dead searches where the game would find 7 players and just sit there until people quit.

All my matches were good quality with mismatches being the exception rather than the norm. Quitting is still problem and always will be obviously. I had minimal lag in every single match so that was nice. I played all these games alone so I can't speak to how the party system is holding up.

CE feels great now too. Night and day from before. I got my first overkill in CE :)

Chitown B

BR spam is complete and utter horseshit. Theres no fucking way to counter it. CLose range? BR wins. Mid-range. BR wins. Long range? BR wins. These fucking dudes can hit you across the map with 100% accuracy every fuckin time and there is literally nothing that can be done to stop them. The BR makes it so theres no point to even using any other weapon.

it's not spam if they're hitting you. It's a weapon, to be used. Use a BR?

Chitown B

yes

was getting games in the CE playlist an then myself and 2 friends tried team slayer and didn't find a single match plus the connection errors

So WTF? 6 players? Why can't they do normal sized games?

edit: so I played Beaver Creek slayer. Pistols are awesome. However, spawns are terribad. And also, why do they keep calling playlists "classic" and then not have a motion tracker. Motion tracker is standard issue. I hate playing without one.

Just saw a player join in progress in SWAT.

When the map was loading it was 3v3 but when the match started the other team only had 2 players.

About a minute later a message appeared saying that someone had joined the other team.

Is that supposed to happen?
I hope so. I don't care what you say about join in progress. These uneven teams are just killing this game.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
real tired of getting stuck at the loading screen before a game. Hope it's fixed in the next patch. Whenever the white loading bar doesn't appear, I cry a little.

Chitown B

Except not even Campaign can be trusted. There's glitches galore there, too. I've completely stopped my Halo 4 solo Legendary run until the co-op bug is fixed. Reclaimer is not a level I want to do more than once.

there's a way around it. Just don't save and then resume a level. Finish it first.

HTupolev

Except not even Campaign can be trusted. There's glitches galore there, too. I've completely stopped my Halo 4 solo Legendary run until the co-op bug is fixed. Reclaimer is not a level I want to do more than once.
MCC hasn't impressed me as much as I hoped as a campaign compilation.

-Halo's Classic Mode graphics are still damaged by being an HPC port, I prefer the original visuals to CEA's, and it uses CEA sounds and CEA HUD. Despite the 1080p60, I still prefer my oXbox+CRT setup.

-Halo 2's classic graphics do a bit better than CE's but aren't perfect, the Anniversary graphics are lurid and the sounds suffer from the 343i punchiness plague, and cool stuff like sword flying is less doable.

-Halo 3's visuals were ported without that many glitches (the shadow offset is sort of annoying though), but there's a strange brightness curve that washes out the image, and the sound is very poorly-mixed and missing some filtering.

-Halo 4 seems to get by pretty well aside from some wonky performance at load areas and missing water effects, but why would I want to play Halo 4?

And of course you can't trust the save system, so everything has to be handled single-sitting.

When all is said and done, it's looking like my older systems won't be retiring any time soon as Halo campaign boxes.

there's a way around it. Just don't save and then resume a level. Finish it first.
lol

RdN

Halo: CE playlist without dedicated servers..

I mean, what the fuck? Lag is so bad, and the host advantage is enormous, guaranteeing a victory for the host's team almost every time.

Leyasu

Banned
I hope so. I don't care what you say about join in progress. These uneven teams are just killing this game.

Yep, join in progress is must! Who honestly gives a fuck if the match they join is a loss? I would rather join and lose, than play the game two down..

Anyway, does anyone know if theatre creates a bullshot effect? Because I was playing around in theatre earlier, and halo 4 looked incredible! The spartan models are gorgeous. Just let down slightly by those shitty pastel colours.

One last thing, I want a halo playlist as well.

Leyasu

Banned
Halo: CE playlist without dedicated servers..

I mean, what the fuck? Lag is so bad, and the host advantage is enormous, guaranteeing a victory for the host's team almost every time.

That authentic halo feel that they wanted to give us.

It is a testament to just how fucked this game is, that nearly 5 weeks after launch, dedicated servers are not working.

Crowza

Halo CE is my favorite Halo multiplayer... So, I was excited to see the playlist finally added today! However, I shouldn't have gotten excited. After playing several games online, I was crushed to realize that 2v2 Halo CE sucks.

I could stand such small teams if it was a specialty gametype like snipers or something, but... it's so *freaking* boring. I never played 2v2 much before. I used to host Halo CE LAN parties at least three times per week, with 16+ players, back in the day. This simply isn't the Halo CE I remember. Hell, I'd even settle for 4v4 at this point...

It's not due to the MCC either (other than the playlist restriction), because all the Halo CE BTB I've played online have been the highlight of my multiplayer experience with MCC.

Back to BTB and hoping that I'll get a Halo CE vote, once in a hundred tries...

Halo CE is my favorite Halo multiplayer... So, I was excited to see the playlist finally added today! However, I shouldn't have gotten excited. After playing several games online, I was crushed to realize that 2v2 Halo CE sucks.

I could stand such small teams if it was a specialty gametype like snipers or something, but... it's so *freaking* boring. I never played 2v2 much before. I used to host Halo CE LAN parties at least three times per week, with 16+ players, back in the day. This simply isn't the Halo CE I remember. Hell, I'd even settle for 4v4 at this point...

It's not due to the MCC either (other than the playlist restriction), because all the Halo CE BTB I've played online have been the highlight of my multiplayer experience with MCC.

Right there with you buddy. The CE playlist sucks. H1CE BTB is the best.

It's weird post patch I haven't even seen a CE map as an option in a while.

Leyasu

Banned
No.

My guess is something with the loadouts not working.

My money would be on the join in progress throwing a spanner in the works lol

Who knows, perhaps it was the only game where dedicated servers worked...? So they took it down before people got a taste of something good, that they are not capable of replicating.

Played for 2 hours straight mixing it up between halo ce, BTB, and Halo 2 CEA and had zero problems except for uneven teams on the last and my games all loaded real quick.

What gives? Am I the only person having any sort of success with this or are the people that are having problems just the loudest?

Defect

Played for 2 hours straight mixing it up between halo ce, BTB, and Halo 2 CEA and had zero problems except for uneven teams on the last and my games all loaded real quick.

What gives? Am I the only person having any sort of success with this or are the people that are having problems just the loudest?
You aren't the only one. I'm searching with a party as well.

Got some good CE matches in really quickly.

2v2 CE is not what I paid $460 for. I've only seen CE twice in BTB, and it lost to Halo 4 both times. What's the deal with the CE playlist? No Longest, Boarding Action, or Chiron? I know the latter two aren't very popular, but Longest is a classic, what the hell? What good are 106 maps if you only get to play the same 30 over and over? What a miserable experience this has been. Instead of improving, it only gets more disappointing.

Head.spawn

Smooth sailing on my end, but I can't say the same for lots of other people on my friends list.

I don't know if it's because I'm horrible or what, but fuck does Halo CE play like shit. The hit registration seems completely wonky; my shots only seem to register sometimes. Do I lead or not? I can never tell. Before they patched it I could get consistent 3-shots. Now... nah man. Spawns are ass, weapon and power-up timers are ass, HUD is ass...

:( So disappointed with CE.

No I'm there with you. Today I played a ton and had the best experience to date in MCC multiplayer. I can get games in all playlists consistently and quickly, and had even teams in all games. Previously I couldn't get games in the BTB playlist at all, and on the playlists that worked it would take a forever to find games (and would usually have uneven teams).

Lag seems to be much better for me now, too, and I don't have a very good connection. But I think it could be better (dedicated servers please?).

So it seems they've gone a long way towards solving some of the biggest matchmaking issues and now just improve on the in-game experience with lag. I guess this last step would require dedicated servers, so hopefully those get turned on next.

My shit has been working pretty well for the past 2 weeks now. Only occasionally have to reset the game, party system with my friend worked 95% of the time.

Still longer than acceptable wait times some times, but when we get into a game, always ran smooth. Ran into shitty/laggy games only a few times.

H1 has been working beautifully since the Monday patch. Hit detection is great, I can actually snipe again.

Also, keep radar the fuck away from the H1 playlist. Keep radar out of every Halo if you ask me. Learn your environment, work with your team.

Top Bottom