• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

darthbob

Didn't think I said anything to warrant an ignore list, just asked for more proof, and it wasn't provided, and I'm assuming you're the other guy's friend, which is fine. I'm glad you're getting lag-free games now and able to enjoy the game more.

Anyway, 2v2 Halo 1...get those timers ready people.

Since it's based off of HPC the timers are wonky and don't really work that well.

darthbob

Wait, really? Was this a holdover from the PC version, or did 343i manage to fuck it up as well?

Yep, it was a HPC issue. I wouldn't say that 343i fucked it up, but they didn't exactly fix it either.

Yep they need to fix that and the proper looking teleporters.

That last part is never going to happen is it?

The timers should be able to be fixed as the issue in HPC was that they went out of sync after a few cycles. As for the teleporter shader I highly doubt that that will ever get changed, but the 2 way teles on Sidewinder should be able to get changed back to 1 way teles.

No, what i am saying is that my experience today with my friend could only be described as dedicated servers. Whether you get them I can't say. But the difference has been so stark that i have trouble explaining it any other way.

Yeah my experience playing ~20 games today has been completely night and day compared to previous days. I've been able to get games on all playlists consistently, quickly, and with even teams.

The games themselves have felt really, really smooth. I'm not sure if they've been on dedicated servers or the latest patch really fixed something else, but today has by far been my best experience with the MCC's multiplayer since day 1. I'm pretty sure I haven't been host since my connection really isn't good enough for it, but I could be wrong (slow dsl).

I've been especially happy to be playing BTB since I haven't been able to get a single game on it since launch. And today I played ~8 matches and didn't fail to connect once (something that happened all the time before).

I'm not sure what 343 had been doing to make things better, but I hope they keep it up, and I hope others are starting to see these improvements. Are others noticing these improvements? I could be just lucky here, but I hope that's not the case and improvements are across the board for everyone.

For reference, west coast US and I was playing this morning.

343 high fiving themselves for getting the MCC out the door before black friday and I'm all like

89DjrE2.gif

y3mbr1C.gif

mbmonk

I just played a H2A game, and did a packet capture. The IP's I was exchanging data with were consumer IPs ( time warner, commcast, verizon, etc. ). I can definitively say I was not on dedicated server for my H2A game.

In the game I just played I had a sniper shot register about 1 second later.

Jrs3000

I just played a H2A game, and did a packet capture. The IP's I was exchanging data with were consumer IPs ( time warner, commcast, verizon, etc. ). I can definitively say I was not on dedicated server for my H2A game.

Try the ce playlist and see if same.

for the record that is the one playlist and gametype I have stayed away from.

Try the ce playlist and see if same.

People aren't confusing how good CE feels with dedicated servers right?

CE got patched on Monday and vastly improved hit detection and a bunch of other stuff.

You no longer have to lead 2 feet in front of someone to hit them, but that also doesn't mean you're on a dedicated server.

X Post

Yesterday I had all manner of in-game glitches across the three original titles, the worst of which was a sudden 'locking' of my aiming reticle in Halo CE. During two separate firefights the reticle either froze or started pulling in the other direction. Not sure if that's a one off, something that's present in Halo PC or something else. Hasn't happened before or since.

Glitchy night of MM including an apparent case of join in progress in Halo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ObbIBzCdQ

Fall damage in Halo 2 classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_QmZ96qvo

X Post

Yesterday I had all manner of in-game glitches across the three original titles, the worst of which was a sudden 'locking' of my aiming reticle in Halo CE. During two separate firefights the reticle either froze or started pulling in the other direction. Not sure if that's a one off, something that's present in Halo PC or something else. Hasn't happened before or since.

Glitchy night of MM including an apparent case of join in progress in Halo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ObbIBzCdQ

Fall damage in Halo 2 classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_QmZ96qvo

I had that once, I believe it was Halo 4 with Team SWAT. Was going to be a 3v3, when the match started it said someone joined and two people popped up (one on each team). Though it wasn't mid-game like it showed your video.

That's not fall damage. What happened is that you collided with an object at high speed at just the right angle.

It's as good as fall damage though right? I'll jump from the top of Construct to the bottom on H3 all day and not do what happened in that video.

I wonder if they'll patch the Carbine ROF in H2C?

Yeah, H2/H2A are the worst, noticeable registration times for everything including weapon pickup. Wonky hits and so forth.

idk why people vote for halo ce objectives when they're just going to quit.

The classics tend be just dull, especially objective. No one likes it judging by quits and ignoring objectives and AFK.

darthbob

It's as good as fall damage though right? I'll jump from the top of Construct to the bottom on H3 all day and not do what happened in that video.

I wonder if they'll patch the Carbine ROF in H2C?

I suppose it's as good as fall damage, but it's not something that is consistent.

Carbine ROF should be patched too, it's definitely not "how remember it".

i played some CE today, never played the original as I got into Halo at Halo 2, but the gameplay in CE is so much fun even for todays standards.

would be cool to have a full graphics update to CE for some maps at least.

darthbob

i played some CE today, never played the original as I got into Halo at Halo 2, but the gameplay in CE is so much fun even for todays standards.

would be cool to have a full graphics update to CE for some maps at least.

The Anniversary Map Pack for Halo Reach was pretty neat in that regard.

I doubt you will ever get a dedicated BTB playlist for any of the games

I do frequently get CE in BTB though! Death Island isn't on that playlist though for whatever reason

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Been playing halo ce with a coworker and it has been great. 6 straight games no problems. I love it.

Finaj

Gungoose CTF on Bloodlines is the greatest thing ever. They have to bring back the vehicle and gametype for Halo 5.

Gungoose CTF on Bloodlines is the greatest thing ever. They have to bring back the vehicle and gametype for Halo 5.

They should have a sports playlist with Gungoose CTF, Race, Grifball and Ricochet.

I think we need to have it stickied every page that when a new patch comes, after installing it, you must power cycle it completely. So either completely unplug your Xbox, or switch it from instant on to energy saving then turn it off then on again. This has fixed that problem for a number of people. If you guys have done that, then I dunno.

Played my first match of CE 2v2.
It was 4 on one, against me.

So I said "fuck this" and decided to hop over to the BTB playlist. "Finding Players" for all eternity. Sometimes it gets halfway there and then stalls for 4 minutes so everyone quits. Repeat forever.

I'm not sure which expletive I want 343 to hear so just pick one. Then pick three more, string them all together, and send them to 343 in a nice shit colored envelope.

I doubt you will ever get a dedicated BTB playlist for any of the games

I do frequently get CE in BTB though! Death Island isn't on that playlist though for whatever reason

Yeah I doubt there will be a dedicated BTB playlist for CE also but it would be my dream. At least I'd like them to up the player count to 4v4 at the very least. 6v6 if theyre feeling gracious.

No Death Island? God damn it. Add another two expletives into that shit colored envelope I mentioned. Maybe a photo of me flipping the bird on one of those nice christmas backdrops you can find at mall photo centers.

Played my first match of CE 2v2.
It was 4 on one, against me.

So I said "fuck this" and decided to hop over to the BTB playlist. "Finding Players" for all eternity. Sometimes it gets halfway there and then stalls for 4 minutes so everyone quits. Repeat forever.

I'm not sure which expletive I want 343 to hear so just pick one. Then pick three more, string them all together, and send them to 343 in a nice shit colored envelope.

Yeah I doubt there will be a dedicated BTB playlist for CE also but it would be my dream. At least I'd like them to up the player count to 4v4 at the very least. 6v6 if theyre feeling gracious.

No Death Island? God damn it. Add another two expletives into that shit colored envelope I mentioned.

Every other CE PC exclusive map is on it, so it makes Death Island not being there even weirder.

HTupolev

I wonder if the lack of Death Island is due to glitchiness, such as people dying when they jump in certain places. That caused quite a ruckus in a custom game I played a few weeks ago.

darthbob

I wonder if the lack of Death Island is due to glitchiness, in particular people dying when they jump in certain places. That caused quite a ruckus in a custom game I played a few weeks ago.

Is Danger Canyon in the BTB rotation? It probably shouldn't be due to the game breaking glitch that's still present on that map.

JayEH

Have not been able to get in a game for 3 nights now. This is fucking ridiculous. How did they go backwards?

BTails

Played 4 or 5 matches now: one CE that was really fun, a number of Halo 3 matches that were great except the uneven teams in the last one, and one extremely laggy H2A match.

I'm done with H2A, every match I've played is not fun due to the lag: there's a second delay between pulling left trigger and throwing a grenade. I don't think I've had more than 1 game where I've killed more than 2 players (for reference, I usually average 10-15 kills in CE and H3: not great, but not horrible)

3v3 Halo 1. In 2014. And it works.

It took you five weeks 343i, you idiots. But I'm happy now.

Edit: good to see sportsmanship still doesn't exist in Halo. Both teammates quit, other team refuses to hold ball for 4 more seconds, forcing me to quit. Fuck off.

tmac456

yes

was getting games in the CE playlist an then myself and 2 friends tried team slayer and didn't find a single match plus the connection errors

Top Bottom