• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Kssio_Aug

I did, it went through perfectly. I also restarted after it finished.. It's not a problem with the Xbox, the game is broken for people from outside the United States, and 343i keeps ignoring us.

Yeah, that may be the problem then. Damn, I'm tired of getting frustrated with this game already.

Guess I'll go back to FH2.

mhi

Halo 4 always shows ping bars, H2A and H2C had the bars removed after the last patch. Before that most matches would fluctuate between a small yellow bar to a full yellow bar (and sometimes full red for everybody). I'll try the current update tomorrow, hopefully connectivity is better.

Ahh good to know. The period I was made these observations was about 3 weeks ago; so I guess there is no way to tell now.

Nialrot

Anyone else having the problem where you are in-game and it shows everyone is in Party Chat. It's happened every game. I'm getting no voice chat whatsoever.

Kssio_Aug

I tried everything. I indeed have the update (Spartan Ops is in there), then I tried:

-Reboot the console in energy saving mode several times.
-Disconnect my Wi-Fi connection in the Xbox One, reboot it, and reconnect.
-Turn off the console in enery saving mode, then disconnected the modem and the router from the internet, wait for a while and turned everything on again.

Tried many attemps in Team Death Match, and one in Halo 2 Classic. Everything I get is:
-"Searching for players..." for like 8 minutes.
-Then I get "Looking for more players..." for more several minutes till I give the fuck up.

Why all these updates are so selective??

I remember some updates ago, where I could play several matches just fine, waiting between 2 to 3 minutes, and many people complaining otherwise. Now its my time to have problems while many people can play just fine!

I'm starting to get sick of this game!

dwells

I'm really hoping things are better tomorrow when I get home and log a few games. Unfortunately the two friends I have with the game have given up on it because of the issues, and my friends from the H2 days decided to pass on getting an Xbox One when they heard about the issues. So it'll be more running solo for me.

The thread went toxic pretty quickly, and vanished off the front page soon after.

found the thread, and WOW. HaloGAF, you scary. Personally now I'm actually for the first time interested in getting TMCC due to ODST's addition (even though there's no firefight yet, they better add this with online too), but did they state how much $$$ for ODST if we purchased TMCC after Dec 19th?

Then again i can see why it went toxic, the whole "FINISH THE GAME before you add more crap that might not work due to your spotty development record."

HU4VnC9.gif

xemumanic

Note: We’ve seen many inquiries about dedicated server support for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dedicated servers have been up and running since launch, and we continue to optimize and improve connectivity. The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers, but in the event that players cannot connect to a dedicated server, the lobby will stay together and the match will still occur on a peer-to-peer connection. Please be aware that you may connect to the dedicated server quickly enough that you won’t see the ‘connecting to dedicated server’ dialog. The absence of that dialog doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on a dedicated server.

This is, many of us (not personally, as I'm never the party leader in my group to notice this sort of thing, plus my connection is shit for another month) feel that they aren't on dedicated servers due to a number of things noted so far.

What I think should happen, not just for Halo, but for all games going forward, is some icon or something, so we know when are playing on dedicated servers or not. Also, that would be a good place to put a ping meter for that server. We're paying for this, and we should have this info so we know our money is being put to use.

Chitown B

Note: We’ve seen many inquiries about dedicated server support for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dedicated servers have been up and running since launch, and we continue to optimize and improve connectivity. The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers, but in the event that players cannot connect to a dedicated server, the lobby will stay together and the match will still occur on a peer-to-peer connection. Please be aware that you may connect to the dedicated server quickly enough that you won’t see the ‘connecting to dedicated server’ dialog. The absence of that dialog doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on a dedicated server.

This is, many of us (not personally, as I'm never the party leader in my group to notice this sort of thing, plus my connection is shit for another month) feel that they aren't on dedicated servers due to a number of things noted so far.

What I think should happen, not just for Halo, but for all games going forward, is some icon or something, so we know when are playing on dedicated servers or not. Also, that would be a good place to put a ping meter for that server. We're paying for this, and we should have this info so we know our money is being put to use.

I'm wondering how this would impact your game, at all. If you didn't get matched on a dedicated server, would you quit out? That would be great for your team.

Does 343 even play their own game? I seriously cannot be the only one that has insanely long matchmaking search times.

As i was waiting for Spartan Ops to finish installing, I played Call of Duty. I found, and finished a map before my friend could even start a Halo 2 match. He said it had 9 players in the lobby, two people quit and it waited for the eighth person to start the match.

Ridiculous.

Admodieus

I'm having a lot of fun with Halo 4 multiplayer in this one, I hope they bring back a dedicated playlist for it soon - been voting for it every time in Big Team Battle. However, my Halo 4 game stats don't seem to show up on the Halo Waypoint website when I look under Master Chief Collection - although every other game's multiplayer does. Odd.

CooP-TroN

Banned
Played a game of Team Slayer in Halo 2 Anniversary on Bloodline last night. Went 24-0...spent the last ~2 minutes of the game trying to find someone for the unfriggenbelievable but couldn't get it :(

25 kills isn't in unfriggenbelievable bro, it's 40. Untouchable is 25 kills straight.

So sorry to bother, it's tough for me to search threads on mobile, but do those who qualify for ODST need to have played MP or just played the game while connected to Live?

Thanks!

clav

I started playing Counter-Strike GO on PC now because of this game.

I join and play games in 10 seconds. No crashes. Always dedicated servers.

Sigh.

Mayyhem

Things were running fine for the first time since launch last night. I was somewhat happy.

Download patch today, its fucked to shit, doesnt work at all. Open nat, clean connection, etc.

Naked Lunch

The newest patch just completely destroyed this game when trying to play with friends. Just an obscene amount of bugs.
-So many issues just trying to join your friend's session.
-It sometimes tosses you into a stranger's lobby again from a few patches back.
-tons of "failed to connect" errors.
-When the rounds end you sometimes cant rejoin friends unless you reboot.
-Every time the rounds end you have to wait for "uploading stats" or some shit. This is some new bullshit.
-the game still hangs on 13 players in BTB and takes forever to get the teams even.
-Newest bug? Sometimes the game just ends mid-game - the announcer will just say game over and its done.

This shit is beyond unacceptable. The game is in its worst state yet. How in the world is this passing cert? Where are they testing this game?

darthbob

The newest patch just completely destroyed this game when trying to play with friends. Just an obscene amount of bugs.
-So many issues just trying to join your friend's session.
-It sometimes tosses you into a stranger's lobby again from a few patches back.
-tons of "failed to connect" errors.
-When the rounds end you sometimes cant rejoin friends unless you reboot.
-Every time the rounds end you have to wait for "uploading stats" or some shit. This is some new bullshit.
-the game still hangs on 13 players in BTB and takes forever to get the teams even.
-Newest bug? Sometimes the game just ends mid-game - the announcer will just say game over and its done.

This shit is beyond unacceptable. The game is in its worst state yet. How in the world is this passing cert? Where are they testing this game?

Yep, totally happened to me earlier. Honestly thought I got kicked or host dropped, but no. Game's just over.

Top Bottom