• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Still can't find a game. Only explanation I can think of is that MM is region locked. Which sucks ass for people like me.

GT is decadentmercy in case someone at 343 still gives shit about this.

Turn the beta back on for the likes of us. :p

Kibbles

Does Xbox One not support traditional patches? It seems like with how big patches are across all games that they just download and replace files instead of patching with like a ppf file. I just don't get why patches are so large this gen

First attempt at finding a match after the patch:

3v2 in the Halo 1 playlist then it froze at 0:00 on the map voting screen. Everyone had to dashboard and quit.

343, you are fucking failures.

MysteryM

Finding games fine in h2a, playing with more and more Europeans which is good. Defiantly had a few laggy games but most have been better than yesterday.

Edit: should add thst players typically found in around 30/60 seconds. Didn't drop out of any games due to the map not loading yet.

Gutted that parties have been broken again as was planning to play over Christmas with my bro.

Cider X

Just had 2 flawless Halo 2 classic games. Ivory Tower is such a great map. If only this game worked with friends. I can't believe it's been a month and joining a game with friends is beyond broken.

DJ Gunner

Just had 2 flawless Halo 2 classic games. Ivory Tower is such a great map. If only this game worked with friends. I can't believe it's been a month and joining a game with friends is beyond broken.

It was at least passable until yesterday's patch. After last week I was really becoming hopeful, just seemed like search times needed to be optimized and a few other tweaks for MM. Now we're back to almost square one.

Finally got round to finish Halo CE last night. Fantastic (First time really sitting down and playing it)
Started 2 and holy shit those cutscenes. Amazing.

Sephzilla

I actually had a really positive night last night (running solo). BTB was getting me games in 30 seconds and I wasn't seeing any lag. I did however run into one CE game that ended prematurely I thought.

clav

Just tried that and it's still taking forever to find any players. This latest update really messed matchmaking up for me, jeez what an utter mess this game has been.
Reboot isn't the same as turning the Xbox on and off with the controller.

Go to the settings menu and hit power. Use the reboot button.

These teams are garbage. Why are there level 1s in a match that everyone is +15? Of course they just go -10 and feed the other team.

lol at my last game. Everyone on my team was level eight or higher. The highest on there team was a two...

It ended 50-17, dat mm.

Sephzilla

So, maybe I'm just fuzzy with how CTF used to work in CE... but Big Team CTF for CE gametypes has instant touch return for the flag plus flag carriers can drive vehicles?

Asbear

Banned
Are the failures of online MP purely 343i's fault? Weren't there two other developers on this? (I presume they are responsible for porting H3 and HA:CE too)

Are the failures of online MP purely 343i's fault? Weren't there two other developers on this? (I presume they are responsible for porting H3 and HA:CE too)

There were like 7 studios working on this thing.

The blame has been put onto 343i's shoulders because they are the "Halo" studio. It's like when you recommend a friend for a job, they get hired, and are terrible at the job. Who gets the blame? Most likely you.

They are the self-proclaimed caretakers of Halo, yet seemingly took little to no care to push out a working product.

darthbob

Ruffian helped port H3 and H4 and Saber helped with bringing the H1 and H2 assets into HD. United Front then did the overall MCC UI.

I'm not really sure what 343i did.

How do I share a game clip I recorded here on neogaf? Is there a site to go to to view uploads from Upload Studio? I decided to record a match (well...5 minutes anyway) so I can get suggestions on how to improve

Schmitty

I was thinking about re-purchasing this game after the ODST and Relic map announcement, but it looks like the issues are still here.

So parties still aren't functioning?

Sephzilla

I was thinking about re-purchasing this game after the ODST and Relic map announcement, but it looks like the issues are still here.

Last time I tried to roll with a party i had good luck. but that was before the last patch

DJ Gunner

Parties worked pretty well prior to yesterday. Top post on this page lays it out pretty well

-Newest bug? Sometimes the game just ends mid-game - the announcer will just say game over and its done.

This shit is beyond unacceptable. The game is in its worst state yet. How in the world is this passing cert? Where are they testing this game?

I've actually had this glitch happen a few times long before the newest patch. It's probably my rarest glitch, though.

In the middle of the game and suddenly...Game Over.
I've also had a random Round Over. Another time I had an extra round that didn't even make sense.

Another 3GB update?
How big will this game end up being?

At this point I feel kind of silly for even buying a disc because this is obviously a digital game. By the time it's fully functioning we'll all have to go out and buy extra drives.

I've actually had this glitch happen a few times long before the newest patch. It's probably my rarest glitch, though.

In the middle of the game and suddenly...Game Over.
I've also had a random Round Over. Another time I had an extra round that didn't even make sense.

At this point I feel kind of silly for even buying a disc because this is obviously a digital game. By the time it's fully functioning we'll all have to go out and buy extra drives.

You're just overwriting files. Game is still 60 GB or whatever.

I just had a player join a game mid match, it was weird. It was H2A and it started 4v5. About two minutes in, the announcer said, player joined, and it was a 5v5.

clav

Had a 2v4 earlier.

The game split up a split-screener.

ffs

I think whoever writes the changelog is just here to troll. This patch is a step backwards.

Admodieus

Recently went back and played a game of Reach and a game of 4 on the 360, and was amazed at how smooth, consistent, and stable the matchmaking was in both of the games. Felt like I was moving ahead a generation, not back.

Even though I'm getting into games more often in MCC, the slowness when moving in/out of playlists and joining/leaving parties is just ridiculous.

DJ Gunner

Had a 2v4 earlier.

The game split up a split-screener.

ffs

I think whoever writes the changelog is just here to troll. This patch is a step backwards.

This happened to me after the previous patch- I almost took a picture of it but was too angered to do anything but shut everything down.

tmac456

So is 343 gonna comment about what the patch broke? The fact parties are still such an issue shows some major incompetence. How many years now have games had a functioning party system???

MysteryM

H2A does something weird to my modem (uk/sky modem), after playing if I immediately switch to another online game I get terrible lag instantly, I mean people jumping around laggy. I have to reboot the router to sort it, I even get it going to MCC's H3 after playing H2A.

That game is defiantly doing something weird.

My first online match in 3 weeks kicks me back to the menu loading up a halo 3 map, love it.

(got in on a second try, the halo 3 BR is so shit at range I feel like i'm doing no damage with it)

RdN

Still can't get into a match. This has been going for almost 2 weeks now.

343i, please pay attention to you international customers!

I give up with MP again, smg starts in halo 2, shitty non working BR's in halo 3, rolling the dice every match to see if I can actually load a map or not, even though I dislike destiny PvP it's less stressful then this collection is.

So is 343 gonna comment about what the patch broke? The fact parties are still such an issue shows some major incompetence. How many years now have games had a functioning party system???

I want to know who's fault the online system was, is it down to the UI guys or was matchmaking strung together by 343i themselves? because it's such a shabby job it should be remade not patched and tested weekly by us.

darthbob

I want to know who's fault the online system was, is it down to the UI guys or was matchmaking strung together by 343i themselves? because it's such a shabby job it should be remade not patched and tested weekly by us.

Blame Gearbox for H1 and blame the (now defunct) internal MS Team that ported H2 for their netcodes.

H3 and H4 feel about the same as they were originally, at least to me.

Top Bottom