• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

DJ Gunner

One or more players is not ready to start matchmaking.

Players randomly vanish from the lobby before even beginning to search.

Party leader changes after every MM game.

Party disintegrates after MM game.

I swear to god if I didn't love Halo so fucking much I'd throw the XB1 and the game out in the street and run them over.

Unfreakingreal.

EDIT: and now we can't start a game at all due to the "not ready" bullshit.

Sai

I swear to god if I didn't love Halo so fucking much I'd throw the XB1 and the game out in the street and run them over.

Unfreakingreal.
Dealing with this right now too. It's frustrating.

Unfreakingreal.

This is literally how I feel. I love when my Mrs comes in the room and makes comments about how I have played for so long and I can only reply with "No I've been searching/getting a group together for so long."

DJ Gunner

After over 30 minutes of attempting to get and keep a party together and search for a match, we finally get into one with 8 players- and start 5v3.

I realize my posting here is accomplishing nothing but allowing me to vent, but it's either this or I break the box.

New patch busted mm pretty good for me. Lots of connection errors while loading, searching for players is very slow again, and I keep loading into the game minutes after it starts.

Omni

wait wait wait. I've been distracted with other things... But the latest patch broke the game more? Naaaw that sucks. It's Christmas eve here in Australia and for years now I've always just played Halo the night before. It's nice and relaxing and fun

Will have to find something else to fill my evening then

One thing they fixed with the new patch is that when a H2C match starts, it doesn't make that noise anymore while it loads.

Awesome, game throws me into the menu halfway through a CTF game on Zanzibar.

Madness

Put team hardcore in already. I'm so over shitty SMG starts and AR starts with poor teammates and lag. If I'm going to have someone quit on me, I'd rather have a capable utility weapon where I can outfight people.

MysteryM

Still can't get into a match. This has been going for almost 2 weeks now.

343i, please pay attention to you international customers!

You must have some weird nag issue if you can't get into a game after two weeks. On sky fibre here and can drop into a halo anniversary game in 2 mins.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Put team hardcore in already. I'm so over shitty SMG starts and AR starts with poor teammates and lag. If I'm going to have someone quit on me, I'd rather have a capable utility weapon where I can outfight people.
Wish I could play a single H2A match with SMG starts, people ALWAYS vote for BR. :|

Losing games left and right tonight, don't derank. Win one game, and I rank up...

jack-nicholson-smile.gif

EYEL1NER

I installed the game Saturday and booted it up to make sure I was eligible for the ODST campaign. Tried to play tonight and I don't know... I did get into a H2 Team Slayer match and it played well-enough but I didn't feel like waiting around after for it to find more players again so I only played that one match (and did pretty poorly too). I only really wanted to play BTB and that wasn't finding anyone so I'll try some point later today and see if it's good then.

Madness

Actually, yeah. Don't get me wrong, BR and DMR are my favorite weapons, like, ever. But everyone starting with a mid/long range weapon is just.. Not fun for me, especially in Warlord/Warlock.

Team Hardcore is more supposed to be only Halo 2 and Halo 3 emulating MLG/tournament style gameplay. It will be like BR starts, no radar, etc. It's so I don't have to play Team Slayer anymore and get things like SMG starts, or AR starts.

I agree with you on Warlock, that's probably one of the smallest and symmetrical maps, so BR starts gets pretty iffy at times. But I hate playing like Lockout with SMG starts, and then you have people quit, and then not only are you donged on by the other team, but it's hard to move anyone out of the power positions with just an SMG etc.

This game needs Team Objective more than it needs Team Hardcore. The amount of times people go straight for Team BRs or Slayer over any objective gametype is insane. Getting bored of straight up killing games.

The more I play H2A, the more I realize I don't like it that much. It's just nade spam, br fights don't even matter anymore. It's just who can spam more nades.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Unfreakingreal.

EDIT: and now we can't start a game at all due to the "not ready" bullshit.

Same here, MM is totally broken now, it worked better before this patch :/

One thing they fixed with the new patch is that when a H2C match starts, it doesn't make that noise anymore while it loads.

Awesome, game throws me into the menu halfway through a CTF game on Zanzibar.

Yeah, one SWAT game just throw a "Game over" in the middle of a match for no reason...

http://xboxclips.com/Xcell+Miguel/d3f57c89-1a85-4d9e-909a-a6a3ab3f62dd

Instead of voting on game types after being matchmade can we just have more streamlined hoppers? BR starts, objective, ffa.

would be a ton better, BTB in halo 3 doesn't work very well with those piss poor BR's it's like rolling dice to land a hit on someone.

Losing games left and right tonight, don't derank. Win one game, and I rank up...

jack-nicholson-smile.gif

It's a shame ranking means squat all in this version.

tmac456

It's legitimately making me angry to think this is going to remain broken through the holidays when myself and many others will actually have some extra time to play

Kssio_Aug

You must have some weird nag issue if you can't get into a game after two weeks. On sky fibre here and can drop into a halo anniversary game in 2 mins.

I dont think its a regional problem, but the issue is real and not connection related. Me and a bunch of other people are having the same issue.

-Open Nat
-Can play every single game just fine (even Halo 5 Beta when was open)
-Some updates ago I was able to find matches between 2 or 3 minutes.

But now, when I search for a match in Halo MCC, I get stuck at "searching for players..."

If a friend of mine that can find matches put me in his group however, then I can find matches with him. Playing alone its impossible though.

Naked Lunch

The game works fine when playing solo - but goes to hell when in parties. Im wondering if everything is caused by routers and having the correct port forwarding?

Kssio_Aug

The game works fine when playing solo - but goes to hell when in parties. Im wondering if everything is caused by routers and having the correct port forwarding?

Is there a good guide to port forward in this case?
I'm willing to give it a try, besides I still doubt its the reason of the problem since I could play it fine before the last update.

Naked Lunch

I'm willing to give it a try, besides I still doubt its the reason of the problem since I could play it fine before the last update.

I remember seeing a guide on the official Halo forums. If I come across it ill post it - because I want to try it out too. Maybe the forwarding stuff is one of the things they are changing and testing in these patches. We are the beta testers.

Fuchsdh

The easiest option is assign a static IP for your XB1 and then put it in a DMZ via your router, that way it allows all traffic and you don't have to fiddle with the ports.

link1201

It's legitimately making me angry to think this is going to remain broken through the holidays when myself and many others will actually have some extra time to play
I was kinda hoping they'd throw the beta at us early so I could play while I was off. No such luck...:/

Toa TAK

Banned
I just realized we don't have the DLC armor to chose from for Halo 4.

Not that it's a big deal, or I demand it or anything. Just thought it was funny.

Kssio_Aug

I remember seeing a guide on the official Halo forums. If I come across it ill post it - because I want to try it out too. Maybe the forwarding stuff is one of the things they are changing and testing in these patches. We are the beta testers.

The easiest option is assign a static IP for your XB1 and then put it in a DMZ via your router, that way it allows all traffic and you don't have to fiddle with the ports.

My router is just with UPnP enabled. Is that ok, or should I make an static IP anyway? I mean, my XB1 is with open NAT already.

EYEL1NER

Not that it's a big deal, or I demand it or anything. Just thought it was funny.
I was pretty surprised by the customization options allowed period. I went to customize the H3 Spartan model to make him look like mine did back when I played in Halo 3 only to see that there is no option to customize individual armor options anymore. Pretty shitty, IMO.

link1201

I was pretty surprised by the customization options allowed period. I went to customize the H3 Spartan model to make him look like mine did back when I played in Halo 3 only to see that there is no option to customize individual armor options anymore. Pretty shitty, IMO.

Seems like a weird thing to cut. I wish they'd add them back in.

RBK

Banned
Been having fun with this game for the past 2 days. Still not perfect but finding matches relatively easy.

Lagfest in some of them though.

The gimping of armor selecting for halo 3 and 4 is a little upsetting, but while the MP is in mixed hoppers I don't really care, it's not like I can dedicate my time to one game for BTB, you have to vote and be lucky.

It's a shame ranking means squat all in this version.

That's true. Uneven teams, bad matchmaking, and people that quit out to prevent losing rank. However, it's still nice having something to work towards to. Hopefully after everything gets fixed, they'll have much more meaning.

So I am playing through the Halo 4 campaign and I am on the Mammoth mission, and the mammoth keeps disappearing at the same spot. I am far into the level and don't want to restart it. Does anyone know of anyway to stop this from happening?

darthbob

So I am playing through the Halo 4 campaign and I am on the Mammoth mission, and the mammoth keeps disappearing at the same spot. I am far into the level and don't want to restart it. Does anyone know of anyway to stop this from happening?

You're probably gonna have to restart the mission.

Played 3 matches. One quitter in halo 2. Got into a P2P match in CE. Got into a halo 2 AE match and the game ended 2 minutes in for no reason.

How.

Top Bottom