• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Toa TAK

Banned
I was pretty surprised by the customization options allowed period. I went to customize the H3 Spartan model to make him look like mine did back when I played in Halo 3 only to see that there is no option to customize individual armor options anymore. Pretty shitty, IMO.

The gimping of armor selecting for halo 3 and 4 is a little upsetting, but while the MP is in mixed hoppers I don't really care, it's not like I can dedicate my time to one game for BTB, you have to vote and be lucky.

Yeah, I saw that when I first went to customize my characters, and while it does suck, I'm not too upset by it because it IS mixed hoppers and I'm sure there are enough technical problems with the game that I won't be bitching for it to come back no matter how much I miss my customization options. =(((

Madness

Probably the most overrated map in Halo history.

But if they didn't have it, you'd probably hear more complain about the fact it wasn't in. It's one of the most popular maps ever, and you can even verify it by the fact it routinely gets chosen, in almost all iterations, (Lockout, blackout, Lockdown, etc). It even inspired Guardian and the Cage. I think in H4 it was also voted often as the Shutout Forge version.

I can appreciate how it plays with even and capable teams. But I do feel it gets voted a bit too much. But that's a problem when you only ship with 6 maps for the game.

RBK

Banned
Lockdown usually get picked over other maps since Slayer BRs usually is tied to that map from what I've played.

Would take Shrine over it easily.

Madness

Lag was pretty brutal in Halo 3. People were like jumping frames. Also got a 3v2 match in CE.

Edit: 4v4 BR's on Warlord with no sound. The entire audio was cut out for the whole match.

As a casual / lapsed Halo fan, I have a dumb question. Does anyone actually like non-BR starts for Halo 2 and 3? I've forgotten half the placements of the BRs across the various maps so I feel like I waste a decent amount of time after each respawn just running around the arena trying to pick up a weapon that isn't your starting pea shooter. Just don't find it fun and I really don't see what purpose it serves.

HTupolev

As a casual / lapsed Halo fan, I have a dumb question. Does anyone actually like non-BR starts for Halo 2 and 3? I've forgotten half the placements of the BRs across the various maps so I feel like I waste a decent amount of time after each respawn just running around the arena trying to pick up a weapon that isn't your starting pea shooter. Just don't find it fun and I really don't see what purpose it serves.
It's borderline tolerable on some Halo 3 maps due to the AR vaguely resembling a weapon, but I'd generally still prefer BR starts.

In H2/H2A with SMG starts it's basically always a huge catastrophe.

Lost a 4v5 (was on the four), by 49-50 because one of our teammates went 1-12.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

AR and SMG starts are pretty awful in 2 and 3, but it does have its fans. Mostly people who get donged on by good BR users.

Sec0nd

Alright guys, tough question time.

I've gotten some money from my parents for Christmas and I'm looking at stuff to get with it. I'm thinking of getting an Xbone for the MCC. I already got a PS4 and I don't plan on getting other games for the Xbone any time soon. I'm probably the biggest Halo fan and played H2 and H3 semi pro. I played some MCC over at a friends house and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

So... Should I get the Bone? Is it worth it? Honest opinions.

Guys just got an xbox one and have a question :D

For the 18gb halo update can i download it in the background while playing?

And can i play the game while its installing off the disk?

Guys just got an xbox one and have a question :D

For the 18gb halo update can i download it in the background while playing?

And can i play the game while its installing off the disk?

IIRC you can play SP from Halo 1-4 while the MP installs. Not sure on the disc edition.

Also its now like 30 GB updates. 20GB for Halo 1-4 MP. 10GB for spartan Ops. :/

Madness

I've gotten some money from my parents for Christmas and I'm looking at stuff to get with it. I'm thinking of getting an Xbone for the MCC. I already got a PS4 and I don't plan on getting other games for the Xbone any time soon. I'm probably the biggest Halo fan and played H2 and H3 semi pro. I played some MCC over at a friends house and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

As a huge Halo fan, and now almost 14 year Xbox fan (lifelong Nintendo fan), I'm going to say no. MCC was a big draw. I went out and got a Sunset bundle, got a play and charge kit, renewed live for another year, stood in line for MCC and the launch month absolutely obliterated the hype I had for the game to the point where I was actually pretty angry/upset. Now it's just whatever. I turn the game on from time to time, find some matches with randoms, play as best as I can and log off. You already have a PS4, and MCC, there is a lot that needs improving, the population and future of the game has been irreparably harmed especially with Halo 5 coming in about 11 months. Unless you have a solid group of friends with who you want to run customs with, you want to play in the HCS, I don't think the low population can survive with all these playlists. Most matches will have you go like 18-3 and have AFK'ers or quitters or guys going 3-16 etc.

Almost every single multiplatform will work or look better on the PS4, and next year will see a lot of key exclusives for Sony. I'd hold off, unless you're absolutely dying to play some Halo. Maybe see once rumors and leaks happen for 2015 what Xbox has planned. Are you a Gears fan as well? What are your thoughts on Halo 5? Only you know whether it's something you can easily afford or how much you game. Games like Sunset Overdrive are great exclusives though.

CaptainABAB

Yes, as a big Halo fan, it is worth it for MCC and the Halo5 beta alone.

So, is the game still broken or whatever? What about single-player? Got an Xbox One the other day and Halo is a big thing for me, it's like the Mario of Xbox in my mind so it sucks to see all the complaints, but beyond the initial disappointment, is it worth getting yet?

EYEL1NER

So, is the game still broken or whatever? What about single-player? Got an Xbox One the other day and Halo is a big thing for me, it's like the Mario of Xbox in my mind so it sucks to see all the complaints, but beyond the initial disappointment, is it worth getting yet?
I can't speak to if it is worth getting right now, since I haven't made up my mind yet; I've only played two matches and have held off on playing campaigns until I have been assured that the bugs are gone.
Is it broken still though? Yes. I primarily play BTB in Halo and cannot get into a single match.
So I'm torn. The two games I played, a 4v4 BR start on Foundry and a Team Slayer match on Ivory Tower, played wonderfully. No lag, even teams, played to completion with no drop-outs. But the game type I enjoy the most is seemingly unavailable. And after playing a match, I get bummed out that I'm dumped out of the lobby only to need to search again, so I just stop playing. Might give it some more tries later though.

It's really hard to say, everyone is having different experiences with it. I haven't ran into a problem with the campaign in weeks, and matchmaking has also been smooth (not counting quitters, but that's a different story). However, I have some friends that still pretty much can't play.

It's really hard to recommend it or not because it seems everyone experience varies.

Nori Chan

Heads up guys, there is an achievement obtainable today: see a seasonal sign. You can get it by looking at the sign beach spawn of zanzibar. As soon as you spawn turn around and you'll see it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I went and looked at the sign, but since xbl is down nothing popped. Will I get it later? I also beat a mission on halo 2 legendary. Will I get that achievement later?

Graciaus

After ignoring the game for a few weeks I've played about 30 games perfectly over the last few days in multiplayer. Games start in 1-2 minutes and pretty much all even teams. It works well enough for me playing by myself which is all I need. Feels great playing halo again.

psychotron

Playing the Master Chief Saga and it skipped the epilogue at the end of Halo 3 and went right to Halo 4, and didn't give me credit. My question is if I can just choose the epilogue from the missions menu and then continue my Master Chief playlist. Will that work?

RBK

Banned
The seasonal achievements are broken from what I tried so far.

Shouldn't it unlocked instantly once you get a close up on Zanzibar? Haven't tried Valhalla yet.

EYEL1NER

I was alerted to a nameplate and avatar unlock in the lower right corner of the screen so I went to the customization menu to check out what I got. It's not a hard lock, as I can go to the Xbox menu, but the game locks up upon trying to go into that submenu and doesn't load anything. Closed the app, then reloaded: No dice. Just rebooted the console, so I'll see if that fixes it.
Of course now I am back to being signed out of Live, after being signed in for the last 6 hours or something.

Mechazawa

So are the spawns in CE just pure fucking trash or is that an issue with the collection?

I played a match of CTF where the enemy team would sit in the middle and basically get line of sight on me immediately every single time. Map was called Wizard.

Top Bottom