• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Anyone else getting a tremendous amount of lag tonight? I only had a few good games, the rest were basically unplayable. So sick of having to shoot almost twice as many shots as possible. Also didn't help when half of my team mates would quit every other game.

But man, the lag is killing this game for me. Most of the matches I played tonight did not feel like I was playing on a Dedicated Server. If I was, then 343 needs to figure something out with the netcode, because it's terrible.

One highlight of the night was that I played against Ninja and Hysteria from Cloud 9: http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium/cfaadb55-3b69-43d9-a0ff-24e285d8843d

It sucks that I was lagging in that match as well, I did go 4 and 8 with about 6 assists.

I'm trying to just beat every game on Legendary. Might resort to speed run tactics. I want that H5 armor!

Honestly, after seeing it in-game I'm sort of meh about the Helioskrill. Love the lore behind it, but I can't say I like the look of the armor.

Definitely gets points for rarity, tho.

Having just got the game on Christmas and only playing around 30 MP matches so far...

I'm totally in love.

Being able to select over 40 maps in Big Team Battle from my favorite Halo games is a god-send.

Sure, it's not perfect. And yes, it's full of bugs. But when it works... oooh boy.

Akai__

So Halo 1 SLASO is incredibly difficult. Stuck on the PoA and Grunts are in my nightmares.

Halo 1 is frustrating on SLASO. Even Mr. Monopoli and some other speedrunner who played LASO co-op said, that it's really not worth the time investement. They quit after or during the 2nd mission.

The easiest SLASO campaigns are Halo 3 and Halo 4. Halo 4 is basically speedrun strats, where you have to be a little more careful and Halo 3 is a noob combo run.

Halo 2 is still considered impossible on SLASO and on LASO.

I'm trying to just beat every game on Legendary. Might resort to speed run tactics. I want that H5 armor!

Do it. You don't have to go for time, while using speedrun strats. Some of them are just very useful, because they deload enemies or let you skip whole areas.

Beat Halo 3 in like five hours the other day. Went for Halo 4, but the game keeps refusing to acknowledge me beating the par scores and after a while I just got frustrated with that. :lol

Still need to continue. Halo CE is gonna be a bitch on Legendary. I don't know any good tricks. At least with Halo 2 I know good ways to skip the majority of Outskirts, Delta Halo, Uprising and Great Journey, and a lot of the other levels you can just run straight past.

Is this game safe to buy now? Primarily plan on playing single player but all this talk of lost saves has out me off. I remember losing my save 5 times with battlefield 4 ( and that was a shitty campaign so imagine how much torture that was ) and I don't want the same to happen here.

Akai__

Is this game safe to buy now? Primarily plan on playing single player but all this talk of lost saves has out me off. I remember losing my save 5 times with battlefield 4 ( and that was a shitty campaign so imagine how much torture that was ) and I don't want the same to happen here.

In BF4/BF3 you would lose your whole campaign progress, no? MCC saves progress for each level and you can also select each level independently. If you are losing progress, it will be just for one level and as far as I remember that happened, because people went into sleep mode with their Xbox One's during the level or some other weird stuff. Haven't seen any complains about it not saving progress lately.

If you plan on playing through the campaigns, just make sure you always finish the level, before you shut down the console. In most cases you can also select "save and quit" and play it later, from the last achieved checkpoint.

CoolZombie

Is anyone else still having a problem with achievements being awarded? I got the game for Christmas and last night finished up Halo CE and for at least half of the missions I haven't been awarded the achievements for completing them, or the achievement for finishing the game... :-/

Akai__

Is anyone else still having a problem with achievements being awarded? I got the game for Christmas and last night finished up Halo CE and for at least half of the missions I haven't been awarded the achievements for completing them, or the achievement for finishing the game... :-/

Yes. 3 days ago I beat the par-score for Composer and it still says "Unlocking". I also got no progression for killing Crawlers, Watcher and Knights. Achievement system is a joke.

FeD.nL

So I got this from my GF on christmas eve and have been able to play 4 mp matches since, really did not expect it to be this bad. Furthermore I just wanted to try to continue my Halo 4 campaign but when the loading bar is finished everything freezes and then the game crashes to dashboard, only fix is probably starting up the mission again?

Chitown B

its pretty sad that microsoft is paying twitch to advertise halo on the front page (two streams) when they released the game 2 months ago and its still not working.*

* for a few vocal people.

My game works great and has for a long time. Jumped into perfectly running games last night in multiple playlists.

TrounceX

Ah yes, the post christmas noob slaughter is in full effect today. Just got 49 kills in a 2v4 (teammate went 1-20 before quitting) in Halo 2 classic. I was promised skill ranks in this game, but ok 343, I will just continue on wrecking these poor souls and doing my part to keep the population down.

My game works great and has for a long time. Jumped into perfectly running games last night in multiple playlists.

I have a feeling I'm being trolled, but try playing with a party of 4 and report back.

FeD.nL

Have to backpeddle a bit. For some reason I just went on a 10 game streak without issues and I must say when it comes together this package is really something else. I really hope they can work out the issues.

Liamc723

Oh wow, Halo 4 is actually fucking terrible.

The MCC was the first time I had access to it and man, that campaign was an utter slog. I really had to push myself to make it to the end, I had absolutely no fun with it.

There's zero stand out moments, the new weapons feel utterly useless, especially the Forerunner weapons, and the Forerunners themselves can't hold a candle to the Covenant.

My hype for Halo 5 has now plummeted.

Chitown B

No, but you make it sound because it works for you, it works for everybody.

no but I've seen more people saying it's working good for them than not after patches when you'd expect more people to post about how it's working (good or bad).

Sorry, I'm not trying to say that it's working for everyone. But it seems that the people that it is working fine for all come in, say it's matching up well, and then they just play and you don't hear from them often. The ones who have problems a lot keep coming back and posting again and again how disgusted they are with how it's working. It's a bit deceiving, IMO.

Akai__

no but I've seen more people saying it's working good for them than not after patches when you'd expect more people to post about how it's working (good or bad).

Sorry, I'm not trying to say that it's working for everyone. But it seems that the people that it is working fine for all come in, say it's matching up well, and then they just play and you don't hear from them often. The ones who have problems a lot keep coming back and posting again and again how disgusted they are with how it's working. It's a bit deceiving, IMO.

Fair enough, but if I would guess, it's not the vocal minority.

dwells

Works "great," huh? So you have a magical copy that doesn't have the problems that affect everyone, such as:

• Playlists have the wrong player counts
  • No skill/rank based matching
  • No ranked playlists except for one
  • Broken Halo 2 Classic netcode
  • Incorrect game types and settings
  • Party system problems
  • Halo 1 matches ending randomly
  • Halo 1 matches not ending when teams quit out
  • Uneven teams
  • Split parties
  • Updates/turbo missing for H3 and H4
  • Custom games broken
  • Originally promised playlists missing
  • Ranking system exploitable
  • Random lag spikes

But yeah, man, the game is working great. It's just the same few people in the vocal minority looking for things to whine about.

DJ Gunner

False. Sometimes we're logical human beings and realize the futility of continuing to post every time the game takes a major shit in whatever form it decides to at that moment. If you go into MM all by your lonesome, the experience is far more consistent, I'll grant. Customs also work swimmingly. Party matchmaking is 100% worse since the last patch and is barely functional. That's the reality for me and everyone I play with, and people across multiple forums.

The other reason you aren't continuing to see a flood of "it's broken" posts is because a large majority have moved on. Of the 38 people on my friends list playing at launch, only 4-5 continue to wade through this muck.

EDIT: Regarding customs: They "work" in the sense that the party largely stays together, both during and after a game. We're still playing on default launch maps, Halo 2 shot registration off host is a joke, etc. etc

Works "great," huh? So you have a magical copy that doesn't have the problems that affect everyone, such as:

• Playlists have the wrong player counts
  • No skill/rank based matching
  • No ranked playlists except for one
  • Broken Halo 2 Classic netcode
  • Incorrect game types and settings
  • Party system problems
  • Halo 1 matches ending randomly
  • Halo 1 matches not ending when teams quit out
  • Uneven teams
  • Split parties
  • Updates/turbo missing for H3 and H4
  • Custom games broken
  • Originally promised playlists missing
  • Ranking system exploitable
  • Random lag spikes

But yeah, man, the game is working great. It's just the same few people in the vocal minority looking for things to whine about.

The majority of us have that magic copy dude, stop shouting so loud with your minority experience.

I wouldn't say works great, but I does work, in my experience. I have over two days of play time. Matchmaking is fairly fast and consistent, but there are still plethora of problems. Dwells covered a majority of them in that list. It's much improved over launch, but it still has a long ways to go.

Oh wow, Halo 4 is actually fucking terrible.

The MCC was the first time I had access to it and man, that campaign was an utter slog. I really had to push myself to make it to the end, I had absolutely no fun with it.

There's zero stand out moments, the new weapons feel utterly useless, especially the Forerunner weapons, and the Forerunners themselves can't hold a candle to the Covenant.

My hype for Halo 5 has now plummeted.

Gotta agree, this is the first time I played it too and it feels like straight up ass coming off of Halo 3 in the saga playlist. I tried going in with an open mind...but god damn the lack of quality in comparison to the past three Halos is jarring.

The levels are boring so far, the soundtrack is straight up wannabe Hollywood trash, the enemies are irritating to fight, all the soul/gags of the past games are gone, ETC. I'm hoping it'll get better as I go along but I'm not holding my breath. 343 should've just given us Reach/ODST instead of 4 and called the game "The Bungie Collection"

pj

Banned
I dunno if it was the game or my stereo but the center channel audio died right as the flood reveal happened in halo ce. no gun sound effects when I shot. really killed the nostalgia for something I haven't done in 8+ years.

Had to quit the game and load the checkpoint again to get it working right.

I dunno if it was the game or my stereo but the center channel audio died right as the flood reveal happened in halo ce. no gun sound effects when I shot. really killed the nostalgia for something I haven't done in 8+ years.

Had to quit the game and load the checkpoint again to get it working right.

It's a glitch. Happened to me, too.

Chitown B

I wouldn't say works great, but I does work, in my experience. I have over two days of play time. Matchmaking is fairly fast and consistent, but there are still plethora of problems. Dwells covered a majority of them in that list. It's much improved over launch, but it still has a long ways to go.

Of course. And I'm not saying that there aren't things missing or in need of change. However, the MAIN thing people were complaining about (including myself) was that you couldn't get a match. I get matches quickly and evenly, almost all of the time for awhile now.

Top Bottom