• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

The majority of us have that magic copy dude, stop shouting so loud with your minority experience.
Campaign is still pretty fucking buggy though. Stuttering on Halo CE, I had 343 guilty spark completely skip over on me, the game crashed when I finished Halo 2, The game skipped the epilogue/Halo 4 prologue when I beat 3 and I've had to restart levels over multiple times because of my checkpoints not saving. It's a mess.

Completely unable to find matches.

Yeah I tried BTB but at this point I give no shits so I just started browsin on my computer while it searched. It never found a damn thing, which I noticed when my xbone beeped that the controller had turned itself off from lack of use.

I didnt restard the search. I turned that shit off and played some BF4.
64 players in less than a minute and I had a damn good time.

The majority of us have that magic copy dude, stop shouting so loud with your minority experience.

lol please. If the majority was having a perfect experience, they wouldn't have to have issued 8 patches within two months and have the fucking studio head make a public apology.

Yeah I tried BTB but at this point I give no shits so I just started browsin on my computer while it searched. It never found a damn thing, which I noticed when my xbone beeped that the controller had turned itself off from lack of use.

I didnt restard the search. I turned that shit off and played some BF4.
64 players in less than a minute and I had a damn good time.

Yeah I just browse while I search. I don't think I could take this game, if all I did was stare at the lobby screen while waiting for a game.

lol please. If the majority was having a perfect experience, they wouldn't have to have issued 8 patches within two months and have the fucking studio head make a public apology.

sarc-detector-2.jpg

Campaign is still pretty fucking buggy though. Stuttering on Halo CE, I had 343 guilty spark completely skip over on me, the game crashed when I finished Halo 2, The game skipped the epilogue/Halo 4 prologue when I beat 3 and I've had to restart levels over multiple times because of my checkpoints not saving. It's a mess.

Sorry if it wasn't obvious, I was employing the lowest form of wit. The game is still an utter disgrace and actually worse since the last update.

Is it just me, or are the lightning/shadows completly missing in the H4 cutscene where Cortana goes rampage in front of Del Rio? Looked really odd, too bad its one of my favorite cutscenes from H4.

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this

Is it just me, or are the lightning/shadows completly missing in the H4 cutscene where Cortana goes rampage in front of Del Rio? Looked really odd, too bad its one of my favorite cutscenes from H4.

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this

Don't bet on it. They never bothered fixing the lighting issues in CEA, either.

Friction

Came to this thread to see if this was worth buying again. Doesn't seem like it. Won't support a still broken product.

Will come check again after new year holidays.

(Btw, I'm still amazed Dan Ayoub has been silent since MCC launch).

Qaloon

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this
It's that BS "improved lighting" crap they were flaunting about H3 and H4 which in ruined more than just that. Just open up Sandbox in H3 and behold the defilement on that map.

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this

sigh

at this point i just hope ODST doesn't have any problems. It wouldn't surprise me if New Mombasa didn't even load though.

tmac456

played with 2 friends last night and it was a chore even getting into a party together let alone finding a match in the CE playlist. gave up and played customs instead

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this

So that's why the cutscenes have been looking odd...

Do emblems work in multiplayer yet?

I will jump back in whenever they do. It's a small enough problem that I don't see 343 addressing it until most of the major stuff is resolved. However, it's big for me because I need to see where my IRL buddies are on the field at all times.

Phatcorns

Welp, redeemed my 3 month xbox live code I had to try and finally play this game, hoping the patches might have fixed something. Have yet to be able to play a single match of multiplayer since getting the game.

This is really sad for everyone involved.

psychotron

So many campaign issues, and now shadows missing from cutscenes too? I'm going to start spamming their twitter like it's my job. I'm in the minority that plays Halo mostly for the campaign, and I want something done.

dwells

Came to this thread to see if this was worth buying again. Doesn't seem like it. Won't support a still broken product.

Will come check again after new year holidays.

(Btw, I'm still amazed Dan Ayoub has been silent since MCC launch).
I'm curious if he's still employed. If I delivered broken code to customers and then went radio silent for two months the moment bug reports rolled in, I'd be canned without hesitation.

You don't get to go from being the hype man introducing the product, doing interviews, talking about how great it is, etc. to totally disappearing once it's discovered that it wasn't true.

Just met a H2A level 50 a few times in H3, is that likely to be legitimate?
No. The ranking system is super easy to exploit.

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this

lol

I thought that cutscene looked pretty different. Now I know why.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this
Playing devils advocate here since I'm not one to defend 343 very often, but MCC looks better in my opinion. Significantly sharper textures, better draw distance, and so on. The lighting actually looks better in some areas of that than others in Halo 4 on 360. However, just like with Halo 3, it looks like shadows don't turn out so great.

I'm really interested in seeing what ODST looks like, considering it used Halo 3's engine, which "supposedly" had better lighting. I'll agree that Halo 3's lighting was made worse though. Maybe they'll take user feedback into account with ODST. I hope they do since ODST had some very beautiful lighting effects for that nighttime environment, which would probably look breathtaking in 1080p 60fps.

Playing devils advocate here since I'm not one to defend 343 very often, but MCC looks better in my opinion. Significantly sharper textures, better draw distance, and so on. The lighting actually looks better in some areas of that than others in Halo 4 on 360.
The whole lightning and shadowing of the environment is missing, how can that look better? The characters are lighted with blue colors, while the environment ist just bland grey

Watch this at 27:57, it looks extreme odd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kol24YU1Do0

The original cutscene with correct lighning on 360, at 27:12 to compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz66y-HFGM

FatMarshall

Neo Member
The whole lightning and shadowing of the environment is missing, how can that look better? The characters are lighted with blue colors, while the environment ist just bland grey

Watch this at 27:57, it looks extreme odd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kol24YU1Do0

The original cutscene with correct lighning on 360, at 27:12 to compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz66y-HFGM

It seems that the background lighitng is what apparently "broke" there. I'm not a developer, but maybe it was not something they wanted to touch during the porting process.

In addition, all of us should remember that Halo 4 ran at 720p 24-30 fps on Xbox 360. Halo 4 on Xbox One has dips into the 30s at specific points with a 1080p upscale, despite being, what, 10 times more powerful(?) than the Xbox 360. Halo 4 was clearly developed as close to the metal of the Xbox 360 as possible for it to perform the way it did. That might be a factor in why the port turned out to be so mediocre in certain areas such as lighting, and the same goes for Halo 3. I'm sure we wouldn't see the dips we see in any of the Master Chief Collection games if the ports were done better, but none of these games were originally made with PC or Xbox One architecture (referring to CEA and H2A's campaign textures as well, which both experience FPS dips), and I'm sure 343 didn't have the time to perfect them, considering how MCC turned out in the end.

I'm just saying, I still recognize the sharper textures and draw distance.

Do emblems work in multiplayer yet?

I will jump back in whenever they do. It's a small enough problem that I don't see 343 addressing it until most of the major stuff is resolved. However, it's big for me because I need to see where my IRL buddies are on the field at all times.
This is only a problem in H2c. Jump back in now.

Omni

~edit~
Ok its not just me.
Eb8Hi8a.png

Hope they will fix this
Haha. They also downgraded the water too

I wonder why H4 was such a stuggle to get going. It's running on the same hardware as Halo 3 and that's pretty damn solid.

Sephzilla

So, are we to the point where we declare they've abandoned this until they randomly drop the map remake and ODST on us?

Huh? What? We just had a patch like a day or two before Christmas and it's barely been a week. I only said that because I assumed 343 took a couple days off for Christmas like they should.

Huh? What? We just had a patch like a day or two before Christmas and it's barely been a week. I only said that because I assumed 343 took a couple days off for Christmas like they should.

Ah, I was away from this thread for a few days and forgot a patch came out. Though from reading the replies...it fucked shit up more?

So with all the patches what is the file size up to now?

59 gigs. Patches simply replace files, doesn't add to them.

RdN

I didn't have any issues after the latest patch. your experience may vary

General consensus is that it's working for users in the United States/Canada and is messed up for those in other countries ( lag, long wait times, not able to find matches).

Haha bummer, was playing a multi flag btb and right towards the end it went boom
RIGGED

Lol halo 1 mapped killed everyone, infinite stuttering

I played 5 BTB matches so far on my first hour of the game, having fun :D

Top Bottom