• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Nothing like a health bar and enemy name to take me out of the game and make me feel like I'm playing an MMO.

Yeah, UI design needs to be balanced with immersion. Health bars are incredibly lazy ("we can't be bothered to make a visual mechanic visible in-universe, so here's a bar chart you stupid fuck!").

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I've just played MCC/Halo 5 for since the end of November. Yesterday I got COD, it's kinda mindblowing having a game that actually works. I click "find a match" and in less than 2 seconds it had already found half a lobby. A few seconds later it was full and it was starting.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Game is totally broken for me and my friend tonight.

We did not find even one player in more than one hour of search across several playlists...

We checked our NATs and its "Open".

It "worked" yesterday, we could play some games.

I've just played MCC/Halo 5 for since the end of November. Yesterday I got COD, it's kinda mindblowing having a game that actually works. I click "find a match" and in less than 2 seconds it had already found half a lobby. A few seconds later it was full and it was starting.
I'd rather stare at halo menus than play CoD.

Omni

Seriously 343. Even the Halo channel is broken? Haven't been able to watch a single terminal for fucks sake.

The Halo channel is a mess. Really rubs me the wrong way that we gotta use that pos to watch cutscenes and terminals that are on the actual disc.

The Halo channel is a mess. Really rubs me the wrong way that we gotta use that pos to watch cutscenes and terminals that are on the actual disc.

Yuuuuuuup.

They obviously put a lot of work into the terminals and I can't be bothered to watch them because the Halo Channel acts bothered that I want to view them.

Anfony O

How is the BTB holdin up guys? Is it much easier to find a match? Going back home on Feb 7 and im praying its a much better experience than the initial one

Akai__

How is the BTB holdin up guys? Is it much easier to find a match? Going back home on Feb 7 and im praying its a much better experience than the initial one

Last time I chekced BTB (on the day the last patch went live), I was waiting 10+ minutes and then I quit the game.

Friends reporting the same thing, but other friends say they can find games in ~5 minutes. Probably depends on the population and which time you get on and search.

Anfony O

Last time I chekced BTB (on the day the last patch went live), I was waiting 10+ minutes and then I quit the game.

Friends reporting the same thing, but other friends say they can find games in ~5 minutes. Probably depends on the population and which time you get on and search.

Damn what a shame. Well at least they are not giving up.

Akai__

Damn what a shame. Well at least they are not giving up.

I would like to play BTB, too. It's just not worth it, in it's current state.

I also doubt I'll get non laggy matches in a 16 player match, if 8 or 6 player matches are already laggy for me.

MP wise, I'm just playing SWAT with a buddy and that works pretty good, except when your respawn counter is stuck at 4 seconds in H2C. Wished Halo 3 would be added to SWAT.

mbmonk

What I find strange about the terminal to Halo channel link is that most devs are trying to immerse the player in the game and game world. This terminal Halo channel intentionally ruins the immersion that the player is experiencing just so MS can push the Halo channel. It's so weird.

Decisions like that say to me business first, consumers second. As if releasing a known broken game didn't say it enough.. I suppose.

Mohonky

Pfft, Gears of War was worse than that for Australians. If you could move from the spawn point it was basically a victory. You could cover quarter of a map then just morph straight back to the spawn.

I hate matchmaking that doesnt use regional filters, it should be fucking mandatory.

It completely breaks games for many people outside of the US and Europe.

Grisby

Just had a full BTB bomb assault on Valhalla. Won 2 to 3 but man was it close. Taking me straight back to college days. So freaking good.

Which was just followed by a KOTH game which dropped everyone but me. Lol.

GoxRx

Last time I waited 30-40 minutes and then I give up. This game has been a disaster in terms of mp. In SP at least I can play with my brother.

I'm not in USA btw, but I highly doubt that this is my fault. I connected my 360, put Halo Reach on the disc tray and got into a match in less than a minute.

Akai__

Last time I waited 30-40 minutes and then I give up. This game has been a disaster in terms of mp. In SP at least I can play with my brother.

I'm not in USA btw, but I highly doubt that this is my fault. I connected my 360, put Halo Reach on the disc tray and got into a match in less than a minute.

I lasted maybe 15 minutes, until I quit the game. You lasting 30-40 minutes is crazy. How do you have the nerve to be that long in searching mode? :O

And the 2nd part couldn't be more true. Even Halo 3 can find you games in under a minute, including the ranked playlists. I tried it a coupple weeks ago. It's just so damn frustrating.

GoxRx

I lasted maybe 15 minutes, until I quit the game. You lasting 30-40 minutes is crazy. How do you have the nerve to be that long in searching mode? :O

And the 2nd part couldn't be more true. Even Halo 3 can find you games in under a minute, including the ranked playlists. I tried it a coupple weeks ago. It's just so damn frustrating.

LOL I don't know man, this game is testing my patience. I was watching TV while the game was searching for games and I was checking every 10 minutes. At the end I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS? STILL SEARCHING? I'M DONE.

Toa TAK

Banned
If I was to get a refund now and bought the game again when it's cheaper/fully fixed will I still get the free map and ODST?

Wouldn't just be easier to save time and just stop playing it until the content is out again?

No one is really going to be making any sort of statement if they're just going to purchase it again, full price or not.

keezy

Wouldn't just be easier to save time and just stop playing it until the content is out again?

No one is really going to be making any sort of statement if they're just going to purchase it again, full price or not.

I think it would be easier to not play this game at all. CoD:AW is very fun. Have no desire to play this game now or at any point in the future. I'd rather get the money back and buy the season pass for CoD.

Havoc2049

I don't even wait five minutes. If I go into a playlist and the match doesn't start in a few minutes, I just go into another playlist and start searching again. It seems to me with the MCC, that if you don't find a match after a few minutes, something is wrong and if you just sit in the search lobby, you will never find a game and the game will just stay in the searching loop. Life is too short to wait 5+ minutes in a lobby for a game that will last 5-10 minutes.

Welfare

Trying to find BTB game. Loads in 13 other people at once.

Waiting for last 2 players.

Host migration in progress.

Dear lord no.

Entire lobby quits out except for 2 others.

"Most people are playing on dedis" my ass.

Computer

MCC is so broken. I tried so hard to play last night. It half ass works if you play alone. It does not work at all if you play with one or more people. I had a game that let me into the match before anyone els so I was just killing people standing about until they were able to play. What a mess.

Frankie got called out in the Super Bowl thread about being a giant hypocrite in regards to lying to your fanbase and cheating people out of stuff and MCC. Was quite funny.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think it would be easier to not play this game at all. CoD:AW is very fun. Have no desire to play this game now or at any point in the future. I'd rather get the money back and buy the season pass for CoD.

Speaking of COD, pumped for Zombies tomorrow.

Also, I hate that BTB Matchmaking is a 50/50 chance of working or not. It used to be no issue now it takes forever to work.

I'm not happy with the current state. But I also don't think 343 was lying. I just think they royally F'd up. I'm not sure what I was cheated out of though? Everything is there. I've beaten the whole playlist of all campaigns and played a lot of multiplayer.

You can't be serious.

The game was released in a broken state, and it was well known. You do not playtest a game and just so happen to miss significant bugs, many of which were so bad that the game was unplayable and crashing. I'm sorry but this does not happen and what you are doing might as well be corporate ballwashing.

This happened because Microsoft took over publishing and thus got rid of much needed regulatory stops for a game before release. Microsoft knew this, 343 knew this, Frankie knew this. They kept their mouth shut before it released, spitting in the faces of their former fans.

There is zero defense for how this game was made and released, none.

Chitown B

You can't be serious.

The game was released in a broken state, and it was well known. You do not playtest a game and just so happen to miss significant bugs, many of which were so bad that the game was unplayable and crashing. I'm sorry but this does not happen and what you are doing might as well be corporate ballwashing.

This happened because Microsoft took over publishing and thus got rid of much needed regulatory stops for a game before release. Microsoft knew this, 343 knew this, Frankie knew this. They kept their mouth shut before it released, spitting in the faces of their former fans.

Please show me the links.

You can't be serious.

Setting aside the game breaking issue to do with matching players which conceivably could have emerged with the game in the wild (I don't personally believe this), there are an endless litany of problems with the collection which have nothing to do with online networks. Audio problems are chronic in the game, campaign progress randomly resets, I've had H2 campaign freeze on me right before the level was finished and hours spent trudging through Delta Halo on Legendary were wasted. Halo 3's maps are the launch variants that were removed by Bungie because they were riddled with exploits and scrambled spawn points. Theatre has a glitch where you can't rewind if you reach the end of a film.

Half of the problems are replicable if you play the game offline - that alone makes it laughable to suggest it was all a big surprise to them on day one of launch.

mbmonk

1th... All that needed to be said about proof this game was rushed out the door. If the game was properly tested does anyone really think that would have gotten missed? Ms and 343 are lieing threw their teeth saying they didn't know.

Way too many bugs in every aspect of the game for that to even be believable.

Top Bottom