• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Madness

Frankie got called out in the Super Bowl thread about being a giant hypocrite in regards to lying to your fanbase and cheating people out of stuff and MCC. Was quite funny.

You mean the DeflateGate thread? What was funny about some guy changing the topic and bringing Frankie's daughter into it? Also, what did he cheat people out of?

Look, I get the sheer disappointment just as much as anyone else. Since the Halo 5 beta ended, I haven't even really touched my Xbox One, except to maybe try to play MCC, or sign up for the preview program. It's a Halo Xbox for me. I only bought it for MCC. But some of you guys really are making it personal. It's why they've basically stopped engaging at all, anytime they say anything it gets posted elsewhere or starts a huge flame debate. Now we're just left with Waypoint updates and what Bravo says.

m23

Is it still possible to sign up for the beta program? I went to the preview dashboard a few days ago but didn't see any indication as to where to sign up.

Xis

The Halo channel is a mess. Really rubs me the wrong way that we gotta use that pos to watch cutscenes and terminals that are on the actual disc.

Every time I find a new terminal in-game I have to use it twice - the first time brings up the Halo Channel and then sits forever at a black screen. I have to exit and use the terminal again to get it to play.

Pez

We should create a list of questions that they would be forced to answer at their next panel.

1) why did you force players to visit the halo channel? It feels like a shameless and annoying plug to promote the brand and ruin the gaming experience.

Overdoziz

Banned
We should create a list of questions that they would be forced to answer at their next panel.

1) why did you force players to visit the halo channel? It feels like a shameless and annoying plug to promote the brand and ruin the gaming experience.

This will work.

Havoc2049

You mean the DeflateGate thread? What was funny about some guy changing the topic and bringing Frankie's daughter into it? Also, what did he cheat people out of?

Look, I get the sheer disappointment just as much as anyone else. Since the Halo 5 beta ended, I haven't even really touched my Xbox One, except to maybe try to play MCC, or sign up for the preview program. It's a Halo Xbox for me. I only bought it for MCC. But some of you guys really are making it personal. It's why they've basically stopped engaging at all, anytime they say anything it gets posted elsewhere or starts a huge flame debate. Now we're just left with Waypoint updates and what Bravo says.

I think it's because 343i themselves hyped the game so much at E3, PAX, Comic Con, etc. They had all these panels even, with fans asking questions about the game and everyone was really excited about the game and all the features that 343i were promising. 343i had the hype train at full speed right up till launch. And it's not like the game had a few bugs here and there. MCC is quite possibly the most broken AAA game EVER released. Literally almost every part of the game, every menu you open up and every feature has a bug in it. It still blows my mind that Microsoft would release MCC in the state it was for a short term gain and possibly ruin a multi-million dollar franchise. Halo 4 sold over 11 million copies, but I'll be surprised if Halo 5 breaks 5 million. Microsoft/343i brought all the fan hate and nerd rage on themselves. It is what it is...

A) Because it's easier to develop a separate, self-contained application and link into it than it is to attempt to integrate that content into an already-bloated MCC.

It's a good idea in theory, but it's poorly implemented (no prompt, hardly works, bad UI) and the Xbox One is tragically slow loading these simple applications.

At any rate, my point is that your cynicism is misguided.

A) Because it's easier to develop a separate, self-contained application and link into it than it is to attempt to integrate that content into an already-bloated MCC.

It's a good idea in theory, but it's poorly implemented (no prompt, hardly works, bad UI) and the Xbox One is tragically slow loading these simple applications.

At any rate, my point is that your cynicism is misguided.

Everything sounds good in theory, but you hit it on the head yourself, it's "easier" to implement it, but then they fucked that up too.

The cynicism isn't that misguided. If they responded with what you said about it being easier to develop a separate app, then someone should immediately reply back with exactly what you said again about the poor implementation.

Supa Benjamin

Neo Member
Has there been any official word about the game having no join custom game in progress? There is a pop-up saying it can't be done in the game, but is that how it is going to stay?

Why on earth would this feature be taken out?

Has there been any official word about the game having no join custom game in progress? There is a pop-up saying it can't be done in the game, but is that how it is going to stay?

Why on earth would this feature be taken out?

Aside from matchmaking JiP not being present the game lacking the ability to join your friends custom games is really troublesome. You either have to wait it out or they end the game to get you in. Ugh.

Vinc

Still no free month of XBL, still a lot of issues with it, and people are still reporting new problems and missing features.

This is making me angry.

dwells

But some of you guys really are making it personal. It's why they've basically stopped engaging at all, anytime they say anything it gets posted elsewhere or starts a huge flame debate. Now we're just left with Waypoint updates and what Bravo says.
Not defending the behavior in that other thread (would like to see a link though if anyone has it), but I can see how this has actually gotten personal for some people. I mean, if you're a fan and supporter of a franchise for thirteen years only to have the latest installment be a borderline-fraudulent means of taking sixty dollars from you, all while the executive producer disappears off the face of the earth and other employees make comments about the game being "functional" as if we should stop complaining and be grateful, it starts to get insulting real fast.

As for negative attitude being responsible for 343's lack of engagement, that's ridiculous. They've been poor about communication from day one. In fact, they've been terrible about it since before the game even launched. People get upset when they're sold a broken product, and other companies and game studios deal with that instead of sticking their heads in the sand.

dwells

Has there been any update on when the patch beta is happening?
The only update was essentially to say that there is no news:

343 Industries said:
1.27 2:00PM Update

Work on the upcoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection content update continues, and we will provide further updates on availability directly to selected Xbox One Preview program participants via the Preview Dashboard announcements page.

As we mentioned last week, the upcoming content update will include changes to the matchmaking experience and party system. In addition to these changes, we continue to work on additional game-specific updates and more that will be made available in future content updates. Please stay tuned to this thread for the latest information.

Sephzilla

The only update was essentially to say that there is no news:

They went from cancelling the beta weekend seemingly moments before hitting the "on" switch to seemingly being unsure of when it's even going to happen. I can't even begin to understand how this company operates.

Zel3

Can I get a refund if I bought this game at launch? I can't even get into BTB games after their latest shit patch. :/

Frankie brought his daughter into the conversation all by himself himself, the poster was simply making the connection between his daughter and one set of morals and whole other set of morals apparently.

He knew he was caught, so he went super defensive as if simply reiterating what frankie himself said was somehow deplorable. Lol give me a break.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Is it possible to get a refund on a retail copy? I bought this piece of shit ~Dec15th from Amazon UK and would rather have my £40 back.

It's laughable that they are calling this a content update. I've played the game, co op and competitive, for about 4 hours in the last few days and it is beyond busted.

Welfare

The Halo twitter hasn't tweeted in 9 days.

2 scenarios.

1. They are scared shitless by all the backlash they'll get for one, not fixing the game, and 2, not responding to anything the community asks them.

2. They are just being classic 343, not giving a shit about anything and simply choose not to communicate with the fanbase because they know they can get away with it, it's the only way they know how to communicate to the community besides vague statements, and they know we'll buy Halo 5 anyway.

I'm 50/50 right now on which one to pick.

2 scenarios.

1. They are scared shitless by all the backlash they'll get for one, not fixing the game, and 2, not responding to anything the community asks them.

2. They are just being classic 343, not giving a shit about anything and simply choose not to communicate with the fanbase because they know they can get away with it, it's the only way they know how to communicate to the community besides vague statements, and they know we'll buy Halo 5 anyway.

I'm 50/50 right now on which one to pick.

50/50, but still 100% right no matter which scenario you choose.

Sephzilla

If Scalebound wasn't a thing and I wasn't such a fanboy for Platinum games I would have sold my Xbox One by now. MCC is a complete embarrassment.

dwells

If Scalebound wasn't a thing and I wasn't such a fanboy for Platinum games I would have sold my Xbox One by now. MCC is a complete embarrassment.
I bought mine solely for Master Chief Collection. I picked up Geometry Wars recently, but other than that it's been gathering dust.

Only reason I haven't sold it is because I can't stomach the depreciation loss after just a few months. More the concept than anything - I already let 343 steal $60 from me, I don't want to lose more because of them.

Madness

Haven't touched my Xbox One besides the odd check of MCC. Just nothing I really want to play. I was kind of leaving gaming behind, didn't really want a new console. Hooked me with MCC into buying this underpowered console with a shitty OS. Ever since the H5 beta ended, I think I played maybe two days of games, a few matches at a time. Otherwise it's just gathering dust. Such a waste of a live subscription, stereo headset, play and charge kit etc.

A year of hype was killed within a day of launch for me with MCC.

Sephzilla

I bought mine solely for Master Chief Collection. I picked up Geometry Wars recently, but other than that it's been gathering dust.

Only reason I haven't sold it is because I can't stomach the depreciation loss after just a few months. More the concept than anything - I already let 343 steal $60 from me, I don't want to lose more because of them.

I also have a big thing against selling consoles. I try to avoid it at all costs even if I'm not using the thing. But the pain of MCC is almost enough to make me break that.

Uninstalled MCC last night to make way for other games.

I thought for sure itd be on my harddrive for like...ever.

Ill install it again later i guess. Game might as well of never happened though. Its never even close to the top played games on live anymore. The company behind it seems like a bunch of ferrets sitting at a desk slamming their keyboards.

Like, they asked their community to help test a new beta patch. they asked 3 questions about specific times these people could be on. Then, seemingly hours before hand, delay it and go deep back into radio silence?

The fuck are these people doing? How is this acceptable to ms?

Haven't touched my Xbox One besides the odd check of MCC. Just nothing I really want to play. I was kind of leaving gaming behind, didn't really want a new console. Hooked me with MCC into buying this underpowered console with a shitty OS. Ever since the H5 beta ended, I think I played maybe two days of games, a few matches at a time. Otherwise it's just gathering dust. Such a waste of a live subscription, stereo headset, play and charge kit etc.

A year of hype was killed within a day of launch for me with MCC.

I did the same thing. I hadn't gamed for over a year, and I was someone who played games their entire life and played multiple FPS's competitively but thought I was pretty much done with games for good. When I saw the MCC, I knew I had to have a dedicated Halo Box as it were since I'm a gigantic Halo fan.

But in the end, they fucked up beyond anyone's wildest worst case scenario. I did the same thing, got Live, got the headset, play and charge, extra controller.

I have however, managed to play a few games that I enjoyed, COD:AW, Far Cry 4 (which is incredible) BF4 and PvZ: Garden Warfare. All that being said, I pretty much bought those games because I had already thrown so much money into the X1, I didn't want to just have that money become a sunk cost.

At this point, my X1 is a dedicated WWE Network box (though I already had multiple consoles that could run the app) with maybe 5 hours of gaming on it per week.

As for the OS, goddamn, I wish I did more research on it, caz wow, what an absolute piece of shit OS.

TL;dr: If you bought the X1 for MCC, you will/are having a bad time.

I did the same thing. I hadn't gamed for over a year, and I was someone who played games their entire life and played multiple FPS's competitively but thought I was pretty much done with games for good. When I saw the MCC, I knew I had to have a dedicated Halo Box as it were since I'm a gigantic Halo fan.

But in the end, they fucked up beyond anyone's wildest worst case scenario. I did the same thing, got Live, got the headset, play and charge, extra controller.

I have however, managed to play a few games that I enjoyed, COD:AW, Far Cry 4 (which is incredible) BF4 and PvZ: Garden Warfare. All that being said, I pretty much bought those games because I had already thrown so much money into the X1, I didn't want to just have that money become a sunk cost.

At this point, my X1 is a dedicated WWE Network box (though I already had multiple consoles that could run the app) with maybe 5 hours of gaming on it per week.

As for the OS, goddamn, I wish I did more research on it, caz wow, what an absolute piece of shit OS.

TL;dr: If you bought the X1 for MCC, you will/are having a bad time.

> Raises hand <

Your tl:dr, that be me. I also bought a new 40 inch TV and gave my beloved 360 to my brother.

Leyasu

Banned
Like I said in another thread, I have never really had a problem getting games. The last few days I've been playing BTB, and on dedicated servers mostly. But like the halo 5 beta, 343s idea of server selection rears its ugly head.

1 game on local servers, followed by a plethora of out of region games. I cant believe that they think that this is a workable system!? I stuck with the underpowered xbone to play halo on dedicated servers. I never once imagined that they would not allow us to choose where we play!

I suppose we'll see more of their wonderful ideas when the patch "beta" goes out. But at this moment, I am not expecting any worthwhile changes.

Like bungie before them, 343 know best.

Zel3

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a refund for Halo MCC. So happy right now! I have no faith in 343 fixing Halo MCC. Even if they fix the networking we're still left with Halo 2 VISTA hit detection and many other issues they wont fix. "Just like you remember" I don't remember playing Halo 2 Vista back in 2004. :/

Laws00

its become unplayable again. I cant get into a match. it says joining session and nothing happens or a connection error.

my god just when you were doing sooo good too :(

Chitown B

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a refund for Halo MCC. So happy right now! I have no faith in 343 fixing Halo MCC. Even if they fix the networking we're still left with Halo 2 VISTA hit detection and many other issues they wont fix. "Just like you remember" I don't remember playing Halo 2 Vista back in 2004. :/

cookie-texture.png

Cow

Haha this whole situation is just so tragic. Was meant to be so positive for the franchise, and would have been a true revival. Instead it has completely killed it. At this point I hope Halo 5 tanks and then by Halo 6 we get an actual Halo game.

Top Bottom