• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

YuShtink

This is pathetic. I'm officially done with 343 and Halo until it's in someone else's hands.

All the Halo 5 news and updates are just salt in the wound. What a bunch of pricks.

npa189

Still a dumpster fire. The sole ranked playlist remains a meat grind full of MLG mutants, and somehow they screwed up the physics in H2 classic.

Why is the only ranked playlist 5v5 still? I thought it was a mistake at first but 5 months later?

Today is February 7th, 4 days shy of 3 months from launch. I'm as pissed as one can get over the botched launch. But please don't inflate the timeline, it only feels that long. And if it was a typo, the goddam edit your post for accuracy.

Today is February 7th, 4 days shy of 3 months from launch. I'm as pissed as one can get over the botched launch. But please don't inflate the timeline, it only feels that long. And if it was a typo, the goddam edit your post for accuracy.

Man the Real Napsta is almost as incompetent as 343 Industries! I'm outraged too.

Damn, look at that angry junior. Frankie alt account?

As broken as multiplayer is, I have had a blast this week playing the campaigns solo. Just finished Halo 1 on Legendary and jumped into Halo 3(completed Halo 2 first). Up to the Storm already, such a great game and it looks and runs great in 1080/60. Then I think about playing multiplayer and I become sad again.

I actually did play a Rumble match the other day. The game matched me to a lobby with 6 other players and then just sat there for ages before bringing up the voting screen. The fact that the game is so much fun when it works is just so frustrating.

Damn, look at that angry junior. Frankie alt account?

LOL!

I'm a chick from Las Vegas with a full head of rather unruly hair, Beamish has a lot more testosterone and a LOT less hair. I also don't think they would be brave enough to let me in side their offices any time this millennium hee....

psychotron

Generally. The difference is how stable they are. At launch, CE had some fairly severe (and random) drops down to the mid 40s, but there was an update explicitly targeted at that and I haven't noticed the same issues as were highlighted originally. Digital Foundry credited H2A and H3 as the most rock-solid.

There was an update for CE? So it doesn't crawl to a halt in the warthog now?

Fuchsdh

There was an update for CE? So it doesn't crawl to a halt in the warthog now?

A lot of people were reporting frame dips in places like Silent Cartographer in the Warthog, and that was one of the few places I found noticeable chugs as well. That hasn't been an issue for me at all in the many times I've replayed that level since launch, so I feel confident saying that they definitely improved things.

Can I do anything about all my achievements that say "Done! Unlocking..." but still haven't actually unlocked?

Mostly SOL. I've heard running other apps, doing hard restarts, et al works, but I haven't seen any conclusive way to do it. At least on the XB1 you know it actually at least unlocked; less of the pain of glitchy achievements.

psychotron

Framerate for CE campaign is much improved from launch.

A lot of people were reporting frame dips in places like Silent Cartographer in the Warthog, and that was one of the few places I found noticeable chugs as well. That hasn't been an issue for me at all in the many times I've replayed that level since launch, so I feel confident saying that they definitely improved things.

Mostly SOL. I've heard running other apps, doing hard restarts, et al works, but I haven't seen any conclusive way to do it. At least on the XB1 you know it actually at least unlocked; less of the pain of glitchy achievements.

This pleases me. Now if the checkpoint save issues have been fixed I'll be all set.

rnaud

I keep reading on multiple threads that MCC is unplayable. I don't care about online and I've never played a halo game. Is only the multi-player unplayable or the single campaign too?

CyReN

I keep reading on multiple threads that MCC is unplayable. I don't care about online and I've never played a halo game. Is only the multi-player unplayable or the single campaign too?

Single player can be weird, from losing your progression to funky checkpoints at times. Crashing can also happen while playing, had a few audio issues at times with mine. It's playable if you have patience and come to expect bugs if that makes sense.

rnaud

Single player can be weird, from losing your progression to funky checkpoints at times. Crashing can also happen while playing, had a few audio issues at times with mine. It's playable if you have patience and come to expect bugs if that makes sense.

I finished Assassin's Creed Unity so I think I will be able to manage a few funky bugs :)

Welfare

I seriously can't find games anymore.

Everytime I search, it hangs and I even see a "Failed to find game" message.

My god the 24th get here already.

Sephzilla

The optimistic side of me hopes that the silence means a lot of work is being done on the next patch and it might be "the one".

The cynical side of me thinks that maybe 343 is being quiet in hopes of people moving on from MCC and thus being free to focus on Halo 5.

Toa TAK

Banned
The optimistic side of me hopes that the silence means a lot of work is being done on the next patch and it might be "the one".

The cynical side of me thinks that maybe 343 is being quiet in hopes of people moving on from MCC and thus being free to focus on Halo 5.

Maybe both?

dwells

Still amazing to me that as consumers who bought at retail that we have zero recourse for what is essentially fraud. They made hundreds of millions of dollars off of lying to and deceiving Halo fans, never offered an official refund or recall program, and limited "compensation" to people who picked up the game before the holidays.

Class act.

So still no updates?

I dont even mean updates...just updates on the updates.

Like still silence?

Still?

STILL?????

Cant wait for the actual update only for it to say "coming sometime in march, the next update will contain....."

.la1n

Microsoft really should be taking refunds for this. I don't want the extra month of gold or ODST, I just would like what I paid for the game returned so I can use it for a game that functions properly. I think we are well past the point of this being acceptable.

Lol? Thanks for coming back in your time machine to let us peasants know the game still isn't working in January, I guess.
I just think saying it still won't be working consistently two months after launch (twice as long as it has already been out) is a bit bold.

pp6TsID.png

I'm back in my time machine from the strange year of 2014 and I have a message for you!
Shit still sucks halfway through February.

:(

Top Bottom