• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Impala26

pp6TsID.png

I'm back in my time machine from the strange year of 2014 and I have a message for you!
Shit still sucks halfway through February.

:(

God damn it... :-(

Madness

pp6TsID.png

I'm back in my time machine from the strange year of 2014 and I have a message for you!
Shit still sucks halfway through February.

:(

That's some good crow about to be eaten by him. Damn, who could have imagined. I remember people saying, it's only launch night, it's only launch weeks, it's only launch month, it'll be fixed and we're approaching halfway of February now. ODST and Relic were promised in the spring. Well spring is coming up fast.

Ramirez

That's some good crow about to be eaten by him. Damn, who could have imagined. I remember people saying, it's only launch night, it's only launch weeks, it's only launch month, it'll be fixed and we're approaching halfway of February now. ODST and Relic were promised in the spring. Well spring is coming up fast.

To be fair, it's pretty much unprecedented that a high profile game be broken for this long.

To be fair, it's pretty much unprecedented that a high profile game be broken for this long.

I hear that fans of Battlefield might have something to say about that, but I purchased the game way late so I never had to deal with any of that mess. :] Driveclub had a rough time, too.

Though since this is basically the Xbox seller that allowed the brand to thrive in the first place, you'd think their balls might be a little more on fire about it. I would have thought that by now, Microsoft would have sent in their equivalent of a programming SWAT team to help out 343 and nuke the issues from orbit.

Oh well. I'm done being angry about it. I'll take pot shots here and there because the product deserves it but I'm not letting myself get riled up about it anymore. I got a little too angry there for a while. Sorry, Stinkles. Took a break and now I'm back.

All I can say now is that this event has definitely influenced my future purchasing decisions for the Halo brand, and their continued handling of TMCC continues to affect these decisions. I think that's reasonable.

U2NUMB

I just wanted to play some online games by myself.... It is still so broke. Fuck you 343, you have ruined the name of halo.

bfett9

Neo Member
Have they announced if they are going to unlock Armor Permutation for Halo 3/4.

Ie. picking pieces from different armor sets, like Mark V, Recon etc.

SegaShack

Honestly, I just love Halo 1 and 2, and being able to play them online with a very active fanbase was very exciting for me. With this botched release and the fact that it still isn't fixed, I think any chance of any intended audience remaining is completely diminished.

If this ever does get resolved so many people will have already given up on the game that it won't even matter any more.

Ghazi

No negatives, all positives.

The game being in a poor state doesn't change the demand for it on Day 1.

It is kind of a slap to the face that people paid $60 on launch and it still doesn't completely work and others can jump in for $24. Opportunity Cost, bruh, could've picked up another game for $60 and then gotten MCC on sale. Though, who knew it'd be this cheap so quickly.

Have they said how much ODST was going to cost for those that purchased the game after 12-19? I really loved that game (awesome soundtrack)

finowns

My beautiful 22 reset back to 1. 343 hates me. Is there plans to add more ranked playlists? Ranked: Rumble Pit, 2v2, and Big Team Battle is all we need.

Takashi

I hadn't booted this game up since before the H5 beta, and I decided to do some BTB. Search times have been a little long and the game crashed at one point, but at least I've been getting into a couple 6v6 games. Ragnarok CTF was voted on for my last game, and as it was starting I realized I never bothered to set my loadouts for that shit. Ugh pain in the ass playing with AR/Pistol but at least we still managed to win. I can only hope this game gets fixed reaches at least a fairly bug-free state soon.

My beautiful 22 reset back to 1. 343 hates me. Is there plans to add more ranked playlists? Ranked: Rumble Pit, 2v2, and Big Team Battle is all we need.

I wouldn't even take such a huge issue with the ranks right now. With all the other crap there still is, stuff like ranks is way on the backburner.

Takashi

I don't. Although, if this was the original H2 I would be flipping out!

But hey you're lucky you got to play original Halo 2 online lol. One of the reasons I wanted to get MCC was having the chance to finally play it online since I wasn't able to during the Halo "golden age". I didn't have access to Xbox live til after Reach was out.. :/

So my wife bought me an Xbox One for Valentine's Day and it came with a free digital copy of this I've been trying to play for past couple days...I haven't been completely keeping up with MCC news (other than it being broken at launch), but man I am really surprised how much of a chore it is to try and do any multiplayer.

My biggest issue is with the matchmaking. It takes so long to find people and actually start playing. I've been sitting here on my tablet for 15 minutes as I type this waiting for it to do its thing. Was it worse than this before?

Also, 3 times in a row after I waited forever to start up a match I got a "Game Over" resuts screen the before I even loaded into the map. Is that a common thing? It's frustrating.

I really hope they fix everything up someday, because the times I've actually gotten to play it was really fun.

My friend and I tried to play this on Friday night. His words: "This was by far the worst experience I've had with this game since launch week."

Abysmal. Our party kept getting separated after games. I kept encountering an error where I got stuck on the "synchronizing data" screen, forcing me to dashboard out and restart. Audio between us kept cutting out randomly too.

This game is such a farce. You know what's frustrating? When you actually get into a game, the experience is great. It's like the best piece of candy in the world being wrapped by a wrapper that is covered in shit.

Havoc2049

I've had my rank reset to zero several times. At this point, I could care less about ranks in MCC. 343i just needs to get the damn game working on a consistent basis, especially when in a party, so that people can have some fun and enjoy the multiplayer with friends before Halo 5 comes out. Ranked matchmaking in H2A doesn't even seem to work anyways and it all seems rather random. At this point, ranked matchmaking is too much to ask of 343i, as it seems beyond their skill set. $earching_For Match....

By any chance does anyone here know if there's someone from MS (maybe via Twitter?) that I can contact about the bonuses if you bought and launched the game (and had MS register that you played it online) before that 12/19 cutoff?

Got directed to the subforum on Xbox.com and got a generic "we'll investigate" reply and that was about a month ago by now. I had played it some back in November but I got into a car accident around the beginning of December and couldn't use a controller till mid last month.

EDIT: And two hours later after tweeting to Xbox Support on Twitter and I magically get the XBL message. Hopefully that means I'm locked in for the other bonus content as well.

Sephzilla

I've come to the sad realization that even if this patch fixes things up, I wont be interested enough anymore to even care because Bloodborne is a month out.

343 dropped the ball so badly.

Sephzilla

Bloodborne will probably have minimal impact on MCC.

Two different systems, two different genres.

The general point is that by the time MCC is fixed, better games that don't need gigs of patches will be out. And Halo 5 will be on the horizon too.

Stevey

Piece of shit 1 month XBL code they sent me doesn't even work. Fucking piece of trash XBL.

Do you already have a gold membership?
I remember when I got a years gold with my xbox, the code wouldn't work until my current membership had finished for some strange reason.

Toa TAK

Banned
I wish Microsoft would fix the achievements system. I've got two here that haven't unlocked in over a month.

Why does this only happen for me with TMCC?

Do you already have a gold membership?
I remember when I got a years gold with my xbox, the code wouldn't work until my current membership had finished for some strange reason.

Yeah, I do. I can't wait for it to run out first either because my membership runs through October and the code is only good through June. Might end up calling MS.

Karl2177

I wish Microsoft would fix the achievements system. I've got two here that haven't unlocked in over a month.

Why does this only happen for me with TMCC?
Not sure why it's only doing it for MCC, but the XBone uses some garbage queue system for achievements and quite a few times it has a heavily delayed reaction. I had one in Destiny that popped 2 months after I initially earned it.

The general point is that by the time MCC is fixed, better games that don't need gigs of patches will be out. And Halo 5 will be on the horizon too.

You think people will give a shit about Halo 5 if MCC is still having issues?

I'm done giving 343 my money, this is ridiculous.

Toa TAK

Banned
Not sure why it's only doing it for MCC, but the XBone uses some garbage queue system for achievements and quite a few times it has a heavily delayed reaction. I had one in Destiny that popped 2 months after I initially earned it.

It kills me as an achievement hunter. :( I live for hearing that popping noise, which, by the way, doesn't happen all the time either.

EYEL1NER

It kills me as an achievement hunter. :( I live for hearing that popping noise, which, by the way, doesn't happen all the time either.
Yep. I'm done with achievements now too. I'm outside of the country in a remote location with terrible capped internet, so my Xbone is pretty much always-offline. I started connecting every couple days to get achievements to pop but can't do that now, since the console detects updates for games and then won't let me play them. I downloaded Killer Instinct and fully patched it in early-Jan before I left the US, so I could play it here. It detected a patch a couple days ago when I connected to update my achievements and now won't load when offline or says to connect to XBL to get the patch. I checked the size, saw that it was 1.5 GB, and said "That shit will take days to download here, no thank you." My MCC hasn't been patched since early-Jan and I am not taking the chance that I won't be able to play through the campaigns for the next couple months. So no more going online which means no more caring about achievements.
Such a stupid console compared to the Xbox 360...

Top Bottom