• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Takashi

So who thinks the patch will release before the big sale, who thinks after?

After, but hope to be proven wrong. I do think something will at least come out by E3 lol, but I'm doubtful it will fix everything and it will likely be the last hurrah at fixing the game. After E3 people will be too hyped for Halo 5 to care.

pacman85

After, but hope to be proven wrong. I do think something will at least come out by E3 lol, but I'm doubtful it will fix everything and it will likely be the last hurrah at fixing the game. After E3 people will be too hyped for Halo 5 to care.
I really hope don't just blindly hand their money over to 343 for Halo 5. Even if you thought the beta was fun, that is just a small subset of the entire game to make your decision on whether you would purchase the game based on that alone seems silly. Don't pre-order, wait for reviews, make sure the multi-player works, etc. before buying. That's what I'm doing....Anyway, back on topic. I gotta assume the patch will come after the game is on sale which is sad because a lot of people may buy the game on sale, try to play it, see it is horribly broken and never go back to it again. I'm pretty sure with previous patches they have given more notice than just a few days.

Takashi

I really hope don't just blindly hand their money over to 343 for Halo 5. Even if you thought the beta was fun, that is just a small subset of the entire game to make your decision on whether you would purchase the game based on that alone seems silly. Don't pre-order, wait for reviews, make sure the multi-player works, etc. before buying. That's what I'm doing....Anyway, back on topic. I gotta assume the patch will come after the game is on sale which is sad because a lot of people may buy the game on sale, try to play it, see it is horribly broken and never go back to it again. I'm pretty sure with previous patches they have given more notice than just a few days.

I wasn't referring to myself, I meant other people might be hyped by it. Besides, preordering today isn't even that important since retailers usually have plenty of stock. The only times I even consider it is if there are special editions with interesting content like H3's collector's edition with the behind the scenes disc. Fwiw I did have fun with the beta, but they've yet to reveal the rest of the multiplayer which I bet will be completely different than what we played.

MysteryM

Given Bravo's halo update said that they were still in the final stages of testing the new MCC patch and that there will be more news in next week community update, I'm assuming its going to be a fortnight before we see this patch.

BokehKing

Banned
Microsoft wants you thirsting for halo 5, they swept this disaster under the rug and blasted enough people with that Men in Black flash of light to forget and forgive.

Given Bravo's halo update said that they were still in the final stages of testing the new MCC patch and that there will be more news in next week community update, I'm assuming its going to be a fortnight before we see this patch.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection: the February Fix-All Patch

Coming this March

May not fix all

Akai__

Why isn't Halo 3 in Team Snipers?

According to the last Bulletin, Halo 3 has issues with custom map settings (and maybe even custom gametypes). We know, that Forge is still broken in Halo 3, since you can only create Slayer gametypes, so it makes sense. Still sucks, since it wasn't in Team SWAT either.

According to the last Bulletin, Halo 3 has issues with custom map settings (and maybe even custom gametypes). We know, that Forge is still broken in Halo 3, since you can only create Slayer gametypes, so it makes sense. Still sucks, since it wasn't in Team SWAT either.

Ah, thanks must've missed that in the bulletin. Really sucks -- I loved playing Snipers in Halo 3.

Takashi

Played BRs on Standoff and tried like 2 or 3 times to get my teammates to get on the hog. Seeing as two of them ended up going 3/15 and 4/13, you can probably guess that they never decided to hop in. I'm far from the best player but somehow I managed to catch us up from them having both Warthogs and tie at 48, but I just knew my teammates weren't gonna keep from dying. Even though we lost, it was still a pretty exciting game. Janky H3 BR and bad teammates aside, when this game works, it's good shit.

Fuck this game

Played BRs on Standoff and tried like 2 or 3 times to get my teammates to get on the hog. Seeing as two of them ended up going 3/15 and 4/13, you can probably guess that they never decided to hop in. I'm far from the best player but somehow I managed to catch us up from them having both Warthogs and tie at 48, but I just knew my teammates weren't gonna keep from dying. Even though we lost, it was still a pretty exciting game. Janky H3 BR and bad teammates aside, when this game works, it's good shit.

Standoff is probably the worst experience you can have in Halo 3 (because of dat janky BR)...besides it being Halo 3.

8 days before march hits.

It's sad really when you lay down and think about it.

Laying down and thinking about it instead of working on it is what I think 343i's been doing since they announced it last year.

jyoung188

Sorry haven't been following this game much but I'm aware that the mp matchmaking is still borked. Does this effect online coop as well? What about couch coop and splitscreen mp?

I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on an xbox one today since I got my tax refunds in and have some extra cash. I already own a PS4, WiiU and I have a decent gaming PC so I've been wanting to get a One for Sunset overdrive and Forza mostly and I casually enjoy the halo games as well. Walmart has a bundle for $349 that includes MCC and I have no interest in assassins creed so I'm not going to get that bundle.

I don't have a ton of interest in playing online multiplayer since I'm not very good at it anyway but I would like to play some online and couch coop.

Booshka

Sorry haven't been following this game much but I'm aware that the mp matchmaking is still borked. Does this effect online coop as well? What about couch coop and splitscreen mp?

I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on an xbox one today since I got my tax refunds in and have some extra cash. I already own a PS4, WiiU and I have a decent gaming PC so I've been wanting to get a One for Sunset overdrive and Forza mostly and I casually enjoy the halo games as well. Walmart has a bundle for $349 that includes MCC and I have no interest in assassins creed so I'm not going to get that bundle.

I don't have a ton of interest in playing online multiplayer since I'm not very good at it anyway but I would like to play some online and couch coop.

If you are getting it in a Bundle, I think it is worth getting, couch co op should be fine, the rest, will maybe work, most of the time.

Leyasu

Banned
Just played four games straight. All of them hosted in the US!! Such wow..

3v4 industries "making sure you have a shit experience every time"™

BokehKing

Banned
Downloaded this in 4 hours, changing your dns helps a lot.

With that said, have not played the campaigns in years, like since they came out, they really did alot of work updating everything
It's beyond night and day differences, halo CE was ugly as fuck lol

HMD

So I bought this from XBL on launch week hoping they'd fix it in a couple of weeks (wasn't gonna play it for 2 weeks anyway) but I guess I still have to wait to play the story with friends. Never played halo, and I don't think I ever will :|

I can't believe I bought an xbox for this... at least I got to play the amazing Sunset Overdrive.

So I bought this from XBL on launch week hoping they'd fix it in a couple of weeks (wasn't gonna play it for 2 weeks anyway) but I guess I still have to wait to play the story with friends. Never played halo, and I don't think I ever will :|

I can't believe I bought an xbox for this... at least I got to play the amazing Sunset Overdrive.
Why don't you just play it. What's stopping you?

RSB

Banned
Downloaded this in 4 hours, changing your dns helps a lot.

With that said, have not played the campaigns in years, like since they came out, they really did alot of work updating everything
It's beyond night and day differences, halo CE was ugly as fuck lol
Stop playing with the Anniversary graphics.

Seriously though, Halo CE Anniversary is hideous. Classic mode FTW (although it is still missing some effects from the original Xbox release, unfortunately)

Speaking of graphics, I still don't understand why Bungie went with that ugly gritty style with Halo 2, Halo CE looked much better IMO. Thankfully, they rectified with Halo 3, where they went for that clean look again.

Seriously though, Halo CE Anniversary is hideous.

So your response to his post saying that he enjoys the anniversary graphics is to tell him to stop and that his opinion is factually wrong?

Let him play dude.

Has anyone got a refund lately? Bought this day 1 and had my fun with campaign. After all the bullshit I think im happy enough to never play the MP again.

What a shame, I have put 100's of hours into all the games since 2001. This game is a joke though. I even picked up the console for this piece of shit.

Time to refund and get something else (I hope.)

Has anyone got a refund lately? Bought this day 1 and had my fun with campaign. After all the bullshit I think im happy enough to never play the MP again.

What a shame, I have put 100's of hours into all the games since 2001. This game is a joke though. I even picked up the console for this piece of shit.

Time to refund and get something else (I hope.)

Keep it until the Screenshots update comes out so you can get some good backgrounds first.

Christ this matchmaking system sucks. Just got two 4v3 matches in a row. I thought they made it so that shit wouldn't happen anymore.

They made it so it happened much less, then they broke it again with another update. Now it seems hit or miss. Sometimes you get even matches all day, sometimes you just cant.

RSB

Banned
So your response to his post saying that he enjoys the anniversary graphics is to tell him to stop and that his opinion is factually wrong?

Let him play dude.
Dude, it was just a joke (at the expense of the Anniversary graphics) And I never said anything about anyone's opinions being factually wrong, I don't know where you got that from.

And yeah, I do think the Anniversary graphics look hideous (for the most part) and the Classic graphics look much better. Halo CE looks very good, it's aged very well IMO (the gameplay has aged even better)

Edit: I wanted to add that while I'm not a fan of HCEA's graphics, Sabre did a much better job with H2A. It's pretty obvious they had more time, and they were also more faithful to the original designs. Combat clarity is still not great though (both Anniversary versions have this problem)

Toa TAK

Banned
They made it so it happened much less, then they broke it again with another update. Now it seems hit or miss. Sometimes you get even matches all day, sometimes you just cant.

I just wanted to say that I love your avatar.

For what it's worth, I love Anniversary graphics in both games. Especially Halo CE, and it's artistic interpretations.

Seriously though, Halo CE Anniversary is hideous. Classic mode FTW (although it is still missing some effects from the original Xbox release, unfortunately)

can you elaborate? i'm just curious as to what effects are missing from the original release.

npa189

Sat in a BTB hopper for 10 min. Gave up and went back to schoolwork. Man when your game fails as a distraction something is terribly wrong. This was supposed to be my go-to MP title on the X1. 4 months later and I should have played so much more halo by now.

RSB

Banned
can you elaborate? i'm just curious as to what effects are missing from the original release.
Certain effects (like transparencies and fog) are downgraded or completely missing. This happens because HCEA was developed from the Halo PC port (which wasn't very good)

HTupolev posted this image a while back comparing both versions.

Co4Iw5J.jpg

He made this video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgDWDfg4ik

HTupolev

Transparencies in general are either missing or have opacity problems; the original animated fog effects are gone altogether. Plenty of assets have been replaced. Lighting mostly uses more or less the same core shading methods, but tuned quite differently*. Cutscene aspect ratios have been modified, and gameplay-cutscene transitions have choppy audio. Animations are desync'd from frame rate in a way that looks SUPER juddery. The original audio isn't available. The original HUD isn't available.

If you want a more in-depth account, I wrote this back when CEA came out. I could probably improve the writing and there are couple things which don't apply to the MCC version, but it's fairly detailed. It's the source for the stuff RSB posted.

*Very noticeably, specular strength is increased but it doesn't project out very well. IMO this isn't particularly good, as lights look flat in their far reaches, and sometimes look sort of blobby in their close reaches.

Started playing the Halo 4 campaign over the weekend and I'm getting the most annoying bug. Every time I finish a level and back out of the mission score screen to continue to the next level. The game crashes and I have to load it all back up again. Anyone else see this bug?

RSB

Banned
Started playing the Halo 4 campaign over the weekend and I'm getting the most annoying bug. Every time I finish a level and back out of the mission score screen to continue to the next level. The game crashes and I have to load it all back up again. Anyone else see this bug?
It doesn't happen all the time (to me at least) but yeah, Halo 4 tends to crash in between levels for some reason (when loading a level, basically) Annoying.

BokehKing

Banned
Sat in a BTB hopper for 10 min. Gave up and went back to schoolwork. Man when your game fails as a distraction something is terribly wrong. This was supposed to be my go-to MP title on the X1. 4 months later and I should have played so much more halo by now.
Really? Btb is the only one I was able to get into right away

Then again it booted me to the lobby when done, that was real dumb

Top Bottom