• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Noobcraft

Some of you may have seen this already on the discussion side, but I made a 3D panorama using Halo 4 (MCC) and the new screenshot feature on the Xbox one.

To view the panorama in 3D, follow this link:
https://photosynth.net/view.aspx?ci...53864213699325:2.47183286573776&p=0:0&t=False

What it looks like in 2D (trust me, it's way easier to tell what's going on in 3D lol)
Halo 4 Panorama said:
higherqualityphotosph26p4p.jpg

Does anyone play mostly Halo 4 multi in MCC? I could use some people to buddy up with. Halo 4 is more or less the only playlist that works for me. My tag is Scrooge McDuck

Does anyone play mostly Halo 4 multi in MCC? I could use some people to buddy up with. Halo 4 is more or less the only playlist that works for me. My tag is Scrooge McDuck

I fully plan on it after the next patch. I loved Halo 4 multiplayer. Go ahead and add me - The Lamonster

I like your GT, you must've gotten that one early!

GoxRx

I fully plan on it after the next patch. I loved Halo 4 multiplayer. Go ahead and add me - The Lamonster

I like your GT, you must've gotten that one early!

I added you guys. Now that the game is working I'm in to play some Halo games

Don't know if others here on Gaf had them same problem:
On completing each of the Halo games, certain achievements did not unlock, I never got one for completing Halo 2 and 4, including switching the graphics in Halo 2. I did then not get the complete all four Halo games.

Well the latest patch fixed all that. I just went to the mission select screen for each game (I was planning on replaying some of my favourite levels) and the achievements just started to pop in.

Just wanted to let people know.

BizzyBum

Finally giving this a try after the patches. Played some H2A and damn do I suck. It's probably just me, but I find it way harder to aim with the Xbox One controller then the 360 pad.

I've bought yesterday a new Xbox one with Halo MCC, I'm looking for some Xbox live friends, someone who want to add me? My gamer tag is "SignorCornetto" I'm Italian but I speak a little big English.... The game is Amazing, first time playing Halo!

BizzyBum

Anyone who plays regularly and is at least decent want to add me? I'm not the greatest but I can at least hold my own if I have a competent team.

GT is BizzyBum

This fucking game man lol

Has been working just fine for my friend and I since "the patch"

Downloaded the X1 updates today.

Worked completely fine for about 7, 8 matches.

Then my game would keep freezing within the first 5 minutes of each match, I would reset, setup a new party. Friend would join, can't hear each other despite the Party System saying we both have mics in. We both restart.

We finally are able to hear each other, enter a game. Game freezes again within first 5 minutes.

This happened four times in a row. FOUR.

The X1 and this game are just travesties. I don't understand how MS went from the Xbox 360, which I consider top 3 consoles of all-time along with the PS2 and SNES, to this fucking hot piece of trash known as the X1.

X1 troubles + Halo not working = one very unhappy Halo fan.

Takashi

I don't understand how MS went from the Xbox 360, which I consider top 3 consoles of all-time along with the PS2 and SNES, to this fucking hot piece of trash known as the X1.

It's baffling how clunky the UI is, especially coming off the 360. Like I completely understand that a console at the beginning of its cycle will be completely different from that at the end, but still. If it wasn't for the MCC I probably wouldn't have even bought one. Though now that MCC is a little better, and Ori being out and DMC4 soon, it doesn't feel like a big waste.

It's baffling how clunky the UI is, especially coming off the 360. Like I completely understand that a console at the beginning of its cycle will be completely different from that at the end, but still. If it wasn't for the MCC I probably wouldn't have even bought one. Though now that MCC is a little better, and Ori being out and DMC4 soon, it doesn't feel like a big waste.

Halo was the only reason I wanted an X1, otherwise I'd be waiting for a PS4 price drop. It's a shame MS used their failure of an OS in Windows 8 as the design base for the UI because Holy hell is it bad.

BizzyBum

The biggest thing I hate is not having the menu pop up when pressing the Xbox button like the 360 had. So easy to check friends, messages, party invites. Now you either have to use voice commands or exit the game and go through the slow ass interface. It's also baffling how they handled how you even add friends. If someone adds you as a friend, you still have to add them manually instead of accepting a request.

But anyway, I have to say Halo in general is still one of the most frustrating games to play when you're stuck on a bad team against good players. In most other FPS' it still sucks but if you're really good you can sometimes carry your awful team on your back. In this game, it's literally impossible to overcome a bad team. It doesn't help when someone quits after going 1-10, too.

HTupolev

So apparently the Anniversary version of CE didn't survive the porting process completely unscathed either.

Was checking some stuff on 343GS... Although I do quite like the original, the Anniversary swamp is a pretty damned cool-looking environment in its own right. Also very impressive frame for frame, with loads of overdraw and transparencies, although performance was clearly compromised.

Anyway, there are some "godray" effects that really top off and sell the bluish atmospherics in 360 version, and they're dialed back and/or miscolored in the XB1 version. It doesn't look "wrong" at a glance, but it doesn't really sell the aesthetic as well.

The biggest thing I hate is not having the menu pop up when pressing the Xbox button like the 360 had.
There's a pop-up menu if you double-tap the center button. It doesn't entirely overcome the core issues with XB1's user interface, but it can help reduce the amount of navigation you're doing.

IDK wtf the deal is. Halo 1 MP simply just freezes, and there's some kind of icon on the bottom right of my screen, and it boots me back to the dashboard.

WTF is going on...

Elros

Yesterday, I booted up MCC for the first time since a few months, and after some GB of updates, I managed to play a dozen matchmaking games in a row with some friends (H2A and BTB). Yeah, it does feel really good to be able to play Halo the way we played it several years ago, loads of fun, with some seriousness when the win has to be secured.

Will do it again !

Sometimes when I try to run MCC, nothing happens. The Xbox One makes the game start up sound, and then nothing happens. Once this happens that's all it will do no matter how many times I try to run the game.

If I completely power down and back up the console, then I have another chance to start the game.

No other game I have seems to have this issue.

Anyone seen anything like this? Hoping it's not something wrong with the Xbox One.

Kickz

Got this game the other day, and I am very impressed so far with the remaster of Halo 1.
Super awesome they let you flip back and forth between original and remaster. The landscape looks better in the remaster but I liked the originals more spacey/desolate sky better, the current one hides the Halo and has random vegetation everywhere.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So, been playing with ease since the big update, on mine and a friends XBO.

Trying to hop on now and unable to find a game in any of the playlists... Missing something or does it have to do with it being 1400?

So, been playing with ease since the big update, on mine and a friends XBO.

Trying to hop on now and unable to find a game in any of the playlists... Missing something or does it have to do with it being 1400?

Others today have said they've been experiencing longer waits and sometimes nothing at all. I haven't try to play today so I can't speak for myself.

UncleO

Sometimes when I try to run MCC, nothing happens. The Xbox One makes the game start up sound, and then nothing happens. Once this happens that's all it will do no matter how many times I try to run the game.

If I completely power down and back up the console, then I have another chance to start the game.

No other game I have seems to have this issue.

Anyone seen anything like this? Hoping it's not something wrong with the Xbox One.

it has happened to me also, instead of powering down i just open up another game and then go back to and it works for me. Im thinking it a memory allocation thing with the XB1.

pj

Banned
This thread is about as dead as it deserves to be.

Played a couple hours of single player this weekend. Finally finished up H1 and started on H2. Two crashes, including one on the god damn Library of all places, plus a ton of glitches that I don't remember being in the original games (guns and flood bits stuck in walls, causing continuous sounds, plus missing dialogue lines). The atrocious framerate of H2A while crossing that bridge didn't help things either. I rarely had performance problems in H1 because the anniversary mode for was so butt ass ugly that I never bothered switching to it. Unfortunately H2A does look better but it runs like shit.

The more I play, the more this really seems like the biggest fuck up in the 25 years I've been playing video games.

hwalker84

This thread is about as dead as it deserves to be.

Played a couple hours of single player this weekend. Finally finished up H1 and started on H2. Two crashes, including one on the god damn Library of all places, plus a ton of glitches that I don't remember being in the original games (guns and flood bits stuck in walls, causing continuous sounds, plus missing dialogue lines). The atrocious framerate of H2A while crossing that bridge didn't help things either. I rarely had performance problems in H1 because the anniversary mode for was so butt ass ugly that I never bothered switching to it. Unfortunately H2A does look better but it runs like shit.

The more I play, the more this really seems like the biggest fuck up in the 25 years I've been playing video games.
It definitely is the worst attempt at franchise suicide I've ever seen.

Been playing some multiplayer recently, and still running into problems. Matches will still abruptly end. Really annoying.

This is unrelated to the technical issues, but does anyone else feel much more... vulnerable in Halo 2A than the others? Maybe it's just me, but the movement feel a lot heavier.

HTupolev

plus a ton of glitches that I don't remember being in the original games (guns and flood bits stuck in walls, causing continuous sounds
Those ultra-realistic physics are definitely in the original game, although it seems to not happen as often. There are some small functional differences between the original versions of Halo's 1 and 2 and the MCC versions.

pj

Banned
Those ultra-realistic physics are definitely in the original game, although it seems to not happen as often. There are some small functional differences between the original versions of Halo's 1 and 2 and the MCC versions.

halo 1 mcc is based off the pc version right? Maybe that explains why it happens more.

Another thing I noticed is ally/enemy character models disappearing during gameplay in H2. The SP glitches are pretty minor, but every time I see one I'm like, come on man.

Playing H4 more lately..

They were so close...so close to making it really good.

Just...why...why have Camo and Promethean Vision as AAs...WHY

Mike Golf

I'm thinking of picking up an X1 for this, still. Thought passed me by when MCC launched but the issues kept me away. I'm not a hardcore Halo player but have always enjoyed the games a couple years after the launch of each iteration. Always enjoyed the MP, aside from the frame rate drops and COD like drops in H4. Finally getting through 4's campaign and feel the inner hype building again to play MCC. Reading mixed responses after the latest patch, what are your guy's opinions on if it's worth getting an X1 for this at this stage of post-release support.

Top Bottom