• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
My girlfriend bought MCC with me at launch and she never even got her free month of Xbox Live, so yeah. This whole thing has been pretty laughable.

Pretty laughable because they missed 1 person? Please.

jacobeid

Banned
Haven't tried to play this game online since January.

I downloaded ODST and the updates last night. After dinner I entered google hangout with my buddy to play through a bit of the campaign and was greeted with the nice Xbox live connection problems.

Notlikethis.jpg

worrying about a month of live, which is about $3, is completely related to worrying about not getting a free month of live. It's DIRECTLY relateable.

The amount of money has no relevance in this discussion. When they say something will happen and it doesn't, that is a problem and is just another black eye on this whole game's saga.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Jotamide:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950368.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jotamide, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Halo 3: ODST DLC -- MB-C15DA3C02614AAAA - Taken by The Real Napsta. 1 entrants total.

t1433825444z1.png
I don't have an Xbone so here you go.

EDIT: Apparently ODST codes are tied to MS accounts, if someone wins this and it doesn't work I'm really sorry. I didn't know. D:

I've been playing playlists with a friend over the weekend and they're beyond broken still. Constant crashes, lag and a weird bug where it would load the 4th level of a playlist for me and the 2nd level of a playlist for my friend.

So I got hyped on Halo from the latest info dumps and went to play MCC last night. Boy does it suck trying to play from Australia. The population and lack of playlist player counters means it's pot luck if I find a match to play. I searched for a good 30-40 minutes last night in 2 playlists and found 1 game. Ugh.

It appeared to push out to a Halo 4 USA dedis and the latency was acceptable so I'm thankful at least MCC was in fine working order, at least I assume it to be and things appear to be population issues more so these days.

I got the message on my Xbox about ODST and hit "redeem code".

I am not seeing ODST under Campaigns menu though...do I need to do something else to download it?

Edit: Ah, I see, it's under Halo 3

darthbob

I've been playing playlists with a friend over the weekend and they're beyond broken still. Constant crashes, lag and a weird bug where it would load the 4th level of a playlist for me and the 2nd level of a playlist for my friend.

The Master Chief Saga playlist is buggy too. Game crashes between titles, and next mission loading is dubious.

Newlove

Why on earth did they take ranks out of Team Slayer? It's just no fun again. Here's two consecutive games. Over, and over again this is how it plays out.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

People who can't play first person shooters.

Conezays

Just grabbed an XB1 bundle for a great deal after hearing about backwards compatability and Rare Replay coming out :D Looking forward to joining some gaffers online in MCC soon.

I haven't touched MCC since February, I stumble into this thread, and it's still fucking broken? WTF?

Over the last two to three weeks it has been working great for me.

Just played a few games last night on Windows 10 via Xbox Streaming without issue.

Well, except for the fact that I suck.

Why can't you play Halo 2?

Because our co op session crashes on the load screen every single time.

That's after we get ourselves in the same party through snapping since the active roster still doesn't reliably show who's online.

We tried searching in multiplayer with no result also, about ten minutes spent searching between Team Slayer and H2A playlists without another player found.

Because our co op session crashes on the load screen every single time.

That's after we get ourselves in the same party through snapping since the active roster still doesn't reliably show who's online.

We tried searching in multiplayer with no result also, about ten minutes spent searching between Team Slayer and H2A playlists without another player found.
Are either of you in the Xbox One preview program?

Conezays

It's working mostly well for me. Being unable to play with the same people after each match is definitely a pain though. If anyone wants to play feel free to add me (same name). Cheers

emrober5

So I got the Halo bundle a few days ago and have been sinking quite a bit of time into both the campaigns and multiplayer.

I was fully expecting the multiplayer to still be a mess, but the only issue I have had is ONE game not loading.

Seems like the game is finally in the state that Microsoft wanted last year, and it's fantastic.

So I got the Halo bundle a few days ago and have been sinking quite a bit of time into both the campaigns and multiplayer.

I was fully expecting the multiplayer to still be a mess, but the only issue I have had is ONE game not loading.

Seems like the game is finally in the state that Microsoft wanted last year, and it's fantastic.

Have you tried partying up or are you going in solo?

Biggzy

Well all this talk about Halo 5 has got me all hyped for the game. So, I have gone back to finishing my playthrough of all the games on the MCC and I am halfway through Halo 4 and holy shit this game looks good on the Xbox One - it legitimately looks like an early next-gen game.

Also, with the debate in some corners on this forum about 343's decision to target 60 fps, after experiencing these games in 60 fps, I think 343 made the right call.

Collected all the audio logs in ODST yesterday and have the first 4 audio log achievements stuck in the Done Unlocking stage. How long goes that usually take to get fixed?

Collected all the audio logs in ODST yesterday and have the first 4 audio log achievements stuck in the Done Unlocking stage. How long goes that usually take to get fixed?

Pretty sure it's random? I've heard of people opening up other apps and then the achievements popping...

Although, if I remember correctly, on the original release, ODST also had problems with the audio logs

Fuchsdh

Any length of time, but they will ultimately get unlocked (which isn't much of an encouragement, but I guess over the days of completely bugged achievements it's slightly better.)

They'll usually just silently unlock and you won't notice it for a while.

Takashi

Already been said, but yeah they just unlock randomly. I'm in a similar situation except while I was gathering the logs, it actually skipped one of the achievements and never unlocked it, which kinda turned me off from getting the rest of them. Eventually I did notice it changed to the "Done Unlocking" stage though, but it's been like that ever since.

Edit: Out of curiosity I decided to check and see if it's unlocked, and of course the achievement app is broken. I swear over 50% of the time I try opening the stupid thing it will give me that damn error message.

Already been said, but yeah they just unlock randomly. I'm in a similar situation except while I was gathering the logs, it actually skipped one of the achievements and never unlocked it, which kinda turned me off from getting the rest of them. Eventually I did notice it changed to the "Done Unlocking" stage though, but it's been like that ever since.

Edit: Out of curiosity I decided to check and see if it's unlocked, and of course the achievement app is broken. I swear over 50% of the time I try opening the stupid thing it will give me that damn error message.

My audio log achievements did the exact same as yours. Took a few hours after collecting to go the "Done Unlocking" stage. Hopefully it works soon. Trying to get over 500 achievements in the collection. Think I'm around 460 atm.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I completed ODST on Legendary on the first play through. Took a break after each level. I have 3 of the missions that still haven't unlocked the achievement. The game does show that I beat each mission on Legendary. That is like 7 achievements that are stuck.

Montresor

What percentage of achievements and gamerscore could I expect in this game if:

1) I don't plan on ever doing LASO
2) I don't like multiplayer

Fuchsdh

What percentage of achievements and gamerscore could I expect in this game if:

1) I don't plan on ever doing LASO
2) I don't like multiplayer

Most of it, really. There's around 50ish achievements (out of 600) that basically require boosting with people online, but there are many "multiplayer" achievements you can do yourself with another controller, and most of the achievements are campaign based.

Takashi

My audio log achievements did the exact same as yours. Took a few hours after collecting to go the "Done Unlocking" stage. Hopefully it works soon. Trying to get over 500 achievements in the collection. Think I'm around 460 atm.

Did those few achievements being at "Done Unlocking" still let you get the one for collecting all 30, or was the bar stuck at ~90%? If you still managed to get it, then I might try going back and gather the rest of them.

Top Bottom