• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Montresor

Most of it, really. There's around 50ish achievements (out of 600) that basically require boosting with people online, but there are many "multiplayer" achievements you can do yourself with another controller, and most of the achievements are campaign based.

75% probably

Cool! I'm going to start the entire Halo brother with my journey soon. I really really hope that I finish in time to get Halo 5 at launch, and I'm crossing my fingers for Halo Reach.

Did those few achievements being at "Done Unlocking" still let you get the one for collecting all 30, or was the bar stuck at ~90%? If you still managed to get it, then I might try going back and gather the rest of them.

I got the collect 30 audio logs achievement and every other individual audio log achievement except for the first 4.

Did those few achievements being at "Done Unlocking" still let you get the one for collecting all 30, or was the bar stuck at ~90%? If you still managed to get it, then I might try going back and gather the rest of them.

Mine has been stuck at 83% for about 4 weeks now.

Cindro

I've been playing playlists with a friend over the weekend and they're beyond broken still. Constant crashes, lag and a weird bug where it would load the 4th level of a playlist for me and the 2nd level of a playlist for my friend.
Wait, seriously?

I just jumped on the ridiculous Xbone + MCC + Arkham Knight for $350 (with $150 trade-in credit at GameStop when trading in a 250 GB 360), and I started the Master Chief playlist (the one that covers all 45 missions) because I wanted to play each campaign again anyway before 5 so I figured I may as well get the extra achievement for it.

I'm only doing offline single player runs through the missions, though - is it only the co-op component that's glitched for playlists?

Also, how do people who recently got TMCC acquire ODST? Can I just buy it on XBL?

Wait, seriously?

I just jumped on the ridiculous Xbone + MCC + Arkham Knight for $350 (with $150 trade-in credit at GameStop when trading in a 250 GB 360), and I started the Master Chief playlist (the one that covers all 45 missions) because I wanted to play each campaign again anyway before 5 so I figured I may as well get the extra achievement for it.

I'm only doing offline single player runs through the missions, though - is it only the co-op component that's glitched for playlists?

Also, how do people who recently got TMCC acquire ODST? Can I just buy it on XBL?
You can buy it for 5 dollars.

Takashi

I resumed where I left off on the audio logs and after finding only two more, the achievement for the second decided not to pop. Great. After a little while I see it's "Done Unlocking" so at least there's that. Still annoying though but it's whatever at this point. I'm just gonna get the rest of the logs over with and hope there aren't too many issues.

Edit: Thankfully managed to get the rest without a hitch.

Are achievement issues still plaguing anyone?

I'm almost done with my Halo 2 Heroic playthrough and just realized two mission achievements didn't pop despite having completed the first (Outskirts) several months ago and the other (Sacred Icon) the other night.

They're showing as completed on the in game score screen but not on Waypoint. Am I going to have to do them again?

Are achievement issues still plaguing anyone?

I'm almost done with my Halo 2 Heroic playthrough and just realized two mission achievements didn't pop despite having completed the first (Outskirts) several months ago and the other (Sacred Icon) the other night.

They're showing as completed on the in game score screen but not on Waypoint. Am I going to have to do them again?

Check on Waypoint to see if they were counted as co-op. Happened to me.

Apparently I'm really bad at this game because I can't grasp the warthog's controls and I keep dying on its section in the Maw level in the first game's campaign.

I don't want to quit because I like most of the game, but this just isn't fun. I was able to do it when I was younger, but I've gotten old I guess.

Edit: Beat it. Don't know how I changed my approach, but it worked. That was pretty frustrating considering I'd done it before!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ah, the warthog controls. Classic example of a developer trying to make something more accessible by using less inputs, only to end up making it far less intuitive as a result.

Montresor

Well I used a spreadsheet to pick out the achievements that I won't try to get in MCC. If I don't attempt the following:

1) All LASO achievements
2) Beat The Library on Heroic/Legendary without dying (couldn't do this on 360 and do not want to try)
3) All par time achievements
4) All par score achievements
5) All "beat legendary in under 3 hours" achievements
6) The Halo 3 ark achievement (apparently this is easy but completely unobtainable due to the latest patch, lol)

Then I should be able to get 4450 gamerscore out of 6000 - I'll consider that my goal.

Not bad. I'm only on the Silent Cartographer so far on my first playthrough and I've gotten Par Time achievements for the first two levels. But I just feel like I won't be motivated to try any more of the par time or par score achievements. If there are a few that take no effort, I'll take those as a small boost to my goal.

Well I used a spreadsheet to pick out the achievements that I won't try to get in MCC. If I don't attempt the following:

1) All LASO achievements
2) Beat The Library on Heroic/Legendary without dying (couldn't do this on 360 and do not want to try)
3) All par time achievements
4) All par score achievements
5) All "beat legendary in under 3 hours" achievements
6) The Halo 3 ark achievement (apparently this is easy but completely unobtainable due to the latest patch, lol)

Then I should be able to get 4450 gamerscore out of 6000 - I'll consider that my goal.

Not bad. I'm only on the Silent Cartographer so far on my first playthrough and I've gotten Par Time achievements for the first two levels. But I just feel like I won't be motivated to try any more of the par time or par score achievements. If there are a few that take no effort, I'll take those as a small boost to my goal.

You'll get a lot of those par time and score cheevs without even trying.

Cindro

You'll get a lot of those par time and score cheevs without even trying.
I'm halfway through Halo 1's campaign, and the non-linearity is killing me. I get lost and turned around so frequently - I had forgotten how many levels were designed like that.

The level design is good, obviously, but I'm trying to blaze through all of these campaigns again before 5 is out (while balancing other games I'm also playing), so getting my directions mixed up so frequently has been frustrating.

No par times for me so far, is what I'm trying to say :p

Chitown B

I'm halfway through Halo 1's campaign, and the non-linearity is killing me. I get lost and turned around so frequently - I had forgotten how many levels were designed like that.

The level design is good, obviously, but I'm trying to blaze through all of these campaigns again before 5 is out (while balancing other games I'm also playing), so getting my directions mixed up so frequently has been frustrating.

No par times for me so far, is what I'm trying to say :p

there's usually a waypoint.

Cindro

there's usually a waypoint.
A waypoint came up once for me during the second mission, but only after I had been wandering around aimlessly for about 10 minutes. I assumed it was a "you suck, here's some help" mechanism - but if there's a way to toggle the nav marker on permanently I'm all ears.

HTupolev

A waypoint came up once for me during the second mission, but only after I had been wandering around aimlessly for about 10 minutes. I assumed it was a "you suck, here's some help" mechanism - but if there's a way to toggle the nav marker on permanently I'm all ears.
There isn't. And Halo 1 isn't particularly full of waypoints.

If you're interested in coop right now, I'm online and would be willing, GT=HaloTupolev.

Cindro

There isn't. And Halo 1 isn't particularly full of waypoints.

If you're interested in coop right now, I'm online and would be willing, GT=HaloTupolev.
I wish man - that sounds like a blast (I haven't played Halo co-op since 3 launched), but I'm without gold for the time being. I certainly appreciate the offer though!

So this game has been working very well for me lately. I usually play several nights a week in a party of 2-5 and haven't experienced any issues.

So this game has been working very well for me lately. I usually play several nights a week in a party of 2-5 and haven't experienced any issues.

The game itself plays fine, but I'm still getting players quitting at the sign of any difficulty. That sucks. Think I can only play MCC with a party from now on.

jem0208

The game itself plays fine, but I'm still getting players quitting at the sign of any difficulty. That sucks. Think I can only play MCC with a party from now on.
I've been surprisingly okay with quitters recently.
Even in games where my team has been winning by 20+ off the start I've rarely seen anyone leave.

The game is basically perfectly fine for me now. I barely run into any issues.

RIP in pepperonis.

I've only been around for the last 2-3, but they seemed mostly on topic to me. Guess we need more LFG posts or something?

I'm inclined to agree, but we should probably just move on. That way leads to bantown.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might actually play some Halo this week! Anybody got some free time Friday?

Haruko

I'm inclined to agree, but we should probably just move on. That way leads to bantown.

Yeah, I'm not going to dwell on it. Gonna go knock out more H2A Legendary co-op tonight. 3 levels left...

honest question here, are we allowed to talk about H5 development in here? Or strictly HMCC?

I guess we'll just use this thread for now. Panicked and thought there wasn't a place to talk Halo.

I just bought an original Xbox to play Halo CE the way it was meant to be played. I can't stand the MCC version.

Yeah, I'm not going to dwell on it. Gonna go knock out more H2A Legendary co-op tonight. 3 levels left...

honest question here, are we allowed to talk about H5 development in here? Or strictly HMCC?

I would assume no. New threads for new news would be the rule on that.

I guess we'll just use this thread for now. Panicked and thought there wasn't a place to talk Halo.

I just bought an original Xbox to play Halo CE the way it was meant to be played. I can't stand the MCC version.

The more I play it, the more CE gets on my nerves. A lot of that is the Anniversary/PC graphics (inb4 comparison.jpg), but honestly, it's a little too... sudden for my tastes. 2 and 3 did a lot wrong, but lengthening the TTK wasn't one of them. CE can be near COD quick at times, dudes melting all over the place.

Well, thats good that we still have a place to talk about the MCC but I guess we can't post any Halo 5 news, unless the mods want to make an topic for that. but yeah the last 5 pages were getting out of hand it was barely Halo discussion I can see why they closed it.

On topic though, I haven't heard much about an content fix/update. are they done patching MCC or are they just on break?

Well, thats good that we still have a place to talk about the MCC but I guess we can't post any Halo 5 news, unless the mods want to make an topic for that. but yeah the last 5 pages were getting out of hand it was barely Halo discussion I can see why they closed it.

On topic though, I haven't heard much about an content fix/update. are they done patching MCC or are they just on break?

Patches don't make money. New games do. Kappa

It has been a while since we've heard anything. I'm curious myself.

The more I play it, the more CE gets on my nerves. A lot of that is the Anniversary/PC graphics (inb4 comparison.jpg), but honestly, it's a little too... sudden for my tastes. 2 and 3 did a lot wrong, but lengthening the TTK wasn't one of them. CE can be near COD quick at times, dudes melting all over the place.

I'm mainly taking about campaign. The version of the campaign in the MCC was sub par (as is the PC version).

Woffls

Rolled through ODST on solo legendary but achievement says 6/8 done despite all shown as complete on playlist and campaign :( hmph

daedalius

Oh hay guiz

So, Halo 4 on legendary has been pretty good. I love the trench run.

Just about to plant a grenade on didact's chest to take him out.

Fuchsdh

Just played a BTB Slayer game on Blood Gulch. Did the original spawns really stick both teams at both bases to immediately die to each other? *Shakes fist* CE Spawwwwnnns!

Oh hay guiz

So, Halo 4 on legendary has been pretty good. I love the trench run.

Just about to plant a grenade on didact's chest to take him out.

I love how fast the Knights die.

Please no bullet sponge in H5.

RIP in pepperonis.

I've only been around for the last 2-3, but they seemed mostly on topic to me. Guess we need more LFG posts or something?

RIP in Reese's Pieces.

I still have an OG Xbox chilling in a closet somewhere. This actually makes me curious about breaking it out to see how CE runs. It's been so long haha.

daedalius

I love how fast the Knights die.

Please no bullet sponge in H5.

They could probably take a few less precision shots, but admittedly the gold elites take nearly just as many.

Problem with knights are how quick they are to teleport when their shields are down, and by the time you reacquire them, they have full shields. So that could be solved easily by not letting them teleport when their shields are down, and making their shields come back more slowly. Also, the invulnerability frames and/or lack of a distinct head hitbox when their shields pop is annoying.

They could probably take a few less precision shots, but admittedly the gold elites take nearly just as many.

Problem with knights are how quick they are to teleport when their shields are down, and by the time you reacquire them, they have full shields. So that could be solved easily by not letting them teleport when their shields are down, and making their shields come back more slowly. Also, the invulnerability frames and/or lack of a distinct head hitbox when their shields pop is annoying.

The constant teleporting is maddening on Legendary, especially in sections where ammo gets scarce. They should be allowed to teleport about until their shield breaks, and then they can't teleport again until their shield returns. Playing ring-around-the-rosie with a couple of Knights who somehow gained Warlock blinking isn't exactly a Good Time.

RowdyReverb

*Subscribed*
Has MCC received any updates lately? Seems like it's been a while since I heard any new stuff about it.

Edit:
There are more updates to HMCC coming. No ETA on the next one yet, but it was mentioned in the last community update.

CE on MCC may not be the same, but its close enough for me when moments like this happen. BTB CE is my jam

http://xboxclips.com/Thorn+Harvestar/3ef36088-5501-42f8-be33-4e07f0813672
Whoops, missed this post. Just trying to stay on topic.

jem0208

So there isn't anywhere to talk about just general Halo 5 stuff?

The whole NeoGAF thread policy seems really bizarre to me.

Oh well, mods know best.

Regarding patches for the MCC, what's left to be fixed? Most major issues seem to be fine for me, the most annoying thing I run into is the H4 sound glitch on the Pit.

They really do need to get around to fixing the playlist settings though, fuck H3 AR starts.

Fotos

Oh well, mods know best.

Regarding patches for the MCC, what's left to be fixed? Most major issues seem to be fine for me, the most annoying thing I run into is the H4 sound glitch on the Pit.

They really do need to get around to fixing the playlist settings though, fuck H3 AR starts.

I wish there was more of a map rotation. They brag about getting 100 maps in the game but you only see like 15 in multiplayer

daedalius

Oh well, mods know best.

Yep, halo 5 looks pretty great, and I will totally post about stuff happening at sdcc and gamescom here regarding it. I cannot believe we would be at fault discussing the franchise in this thread.

Pretty sure it got locked because of a certain couple pages of "gifs" that were quite inappropriate.

AR starts promote map movement, didn't you get the memo?

Top Bottom