• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

SaganIsGOAT

Man Halo 2 anniversary is such a tremendous leap forward since Halo 1 anniversary. They nailed the art style, the graphics were fantastic and the remastered audio and score were great. Truly, the only downside is that it's not a locked 60fps, and this. She is wearing clothes I think

Screenshot-Original.png

I hated that nonsense in Reach, where we had games with zero bloom, or half bloom, etc..If Reach gets a port to the MCC they need to keep things consistent across the board, which would hopefully be a reduced or zero bloom gametype.

Just as long as it's not noticeable. I can put up with AA's, but bloom is my bane.

Fuchsdh

343 doesn't know consistency. TU 85% Bloom TU 0% Bloom TU with Bleedthrough 0% Bloom it's all a fucking mess. I still can't be sure if Halo 4 in MCC is the TU across all the playlists.

It was inconsistent because 343 had to placate people who wanted the original bloom settings. I'm sure they would have been happy to make it all TU standards.

Halo 4 in the MCC is basically all TU with mostly Legendary settings.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Had some great CTF BTB games the other night, despite me not wanting to do CTF in BTB by myself. Also a great game of assault on Avalanche that I capped off by hitting the overshield and getting into their base via the upper route to score.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Had some great CTF BTB games the other night, despite me not wanting to do CTF in BTB by myself. Also a great game of assault on Avalanche that I capped off by hitting the overshield and getting into their base via the upper route to score.
I talk shit on Avalanche and Halo 3 all the time, but I had a blast playing Avalanche CTF the other night. I managed to have rockets, OS, and/or a Warthog with decent randoms at almost all times. I'd just roll into the enemy base with my rockets + OS or hop the giant grav lift with my Warthog crew and wreck house. I love objective BTB so much.

Now that the game is 95% fixed, HaloGAF needs to actually play it. I'd love to roll BTB with yall.

Fuchsdh

I talk shit on Avalanche and Halo 3 all the time, but I had a blast playing Avalanche CTF the other night. I managed to have rockets, OS, and/or a Warthog with decent randoms at almost all times. I'd just roll into the enemy base with my rockets + OS or hop the giant grav lift with my Warthog crew and wreck house. I love objective BTB so much.

Now that the game is 95% fixed, HaloGAF needs to actually play it. I'd love to roll BTB with yall.

I had my first ever game on Avalanche a week or so ago with some HBOers. It just felt... weird to me. I didn’t like how infantry combat seemed to just turn into a scrum in the middle. Definitely one of the weaker adaptations of an original map (and this is coming from someone who doesn’t think most of CE’s maps are good.)

Takashi

I'm sure asking here would be fine

That's what I'd assume too, but I wouldn't want to get this thread locked as well.

I wouldn't be so sure, I have PM'd a mod to see if we can get some clarification.

Cool, guess I'll just wait til it all gets clarified.

-------

So is the LASO checkpoint sharing still a thing? Those are one of the few achievements I immediately ruled out realistically ever getting.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Not really, 85% made crouching Bloom essentially 0%. So you could get cross mapped even harder on big maps from crouching players.

You didn't even need to crouch with the dolphin gun post TU, since at 85% bloom the bloom reset faster than the rate of fire even if you were holding down the trigger.

I wish they had just gone with 0% bloom and removed the DMR from matchmaking. The pistol as a 4sk with bleedthrough and no bloom as the primary precision weapon would have been amazing, since it's low zoom (2x) and lack of aim assist at long ranges would restrict cross mapping while still making it super accurate for 1v1 fights.

I see we've jumped ship to here. Subbing.

Hoping soon I can get Internet set up and finally dive into MCC. This past year has been brutal, no Internet meant a brick of an XB1 but I managed by putting some miles on my PS3.

Montresor

Are there any MCC achievements that require four-player local co-op other than:

Back In The Day: Halo CE: Play a CTF custom game on Blood Gulch with 4 players on the same console. Tri-tip optional

?

Akai__

So is the LASO checkpoint sharing still a thing? Those are one of the few achievements I immediately ruled out realistically ever getting.

They kinda are, but they are very glitchy. You won't have the checkpoints either, but instead it will just pop the achievement right away for you. You will also have to play through at least one mission with the guy giving you the checkpoints. Not sure if they broke it with the last patch or if it was intended, because of the aforementioned reasons. Playing at least 1 mission makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that you don't have to play the last missions of the pactual laylist anymore. It also doesn't make sense, that the missions won't start anymore and all the host has to do is spamming the A button until the MCC freezes and crashes.

My buddy is actually mistakenly #1 on the TrueAchievements leaderboards (because of this glicthy system) with >1600 playlists completed and everyone asks him for help. lol

Are there any MCC achievements that require four-player local co-op other than:

Back In The Day: Halo CE: Play a CTF custom game on Blood Gulch with 4 players on the same console. Tri-tip optional

?

It's just that one. There are other 4 player achievements, but they don't require 4 controllers on the same console.

That Mk. V:

kotobukiya-split-25fa8438162c4bcbb604cc4b5bff57b1.jpg

Needs a bigger chest though.

If that's how it looks in Halo 5, sign me up.

On that note, seeing as we have been derived of a dedicated Halo community thread. What should we expect for SDCC? Is it a full talk panel or will there be glimpses of campaign, what has been the historical trend?

Akai__

Cheers bruv

No problem. I have only 3 left now:

- 4 Player split screen co-op on Blood Gulch. Will do that while visiting a friend at the end of this month probably.
- 1st ODST Audio Log is still saying "Done! Unlocking..."
- Killjoys jumped from 83% to 3% and then to 4%. Hoped it would fix itself and jump back from 3% to 83% after doing 1 Killjoy, but doesn't seem like that's the case. Pretty sure it was the last patch, that broke it.

I enjoyed doing most of them, but I'm really not a fan of any MP achievements other than play/win matches. Having to go for gametype specific medals like Splatters/Enviromentalist and standard ones like Killjoys is not fun. Achievements should be fun and/or challenging, but these MP achievements are just straight up annoying, in my eyes.

Takashi

They kinda are, but they are very glitchy. You won't have the checkpoints either, but instead it will just pop the achievement right away for you. You will also have to play through at least one mission with the guy giving you the checkpoints. Not sure if they broke it with the last patch or if it was intended, because of the aforementioned reasons. Playing at least 1 mission makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that you don't have to play the last missions of the pactual laylist anymore. It also doesn't make sense, that the missions won't start anymore and all the host has to do is spamming the A button until the MCC freezes and crashes.

My buddy is actually mistakenly #1 on the TrueAchievements leaderboards (because of this glicthy system) with >1600 playlists completed and everyone asks him for help. lol

Damn that sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'd probably be the guy dying over and over during that single mission and end up frustrating the host lol. I should've just tried getting those before they got patched. :/

Akai__

Damn that sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'd probably be the guy dying over and over during that single mission and end up frustrating the host lol. I should've just tried getting those before they got patched. :/

You can play any mission for it to work. Can even be a mission on easy, but it has to be for the game that you want to have the checkpoint for.

The last patch deleted all my LASO checkpoints, other than Halo 4. If you want, we can try that.

GhaleonEB

So.

The Halo OT thread was locked due to the latest derail that was both wildly off topic, and violated the NSFW portion of the forum Terms of Service. It was locked rather than the mod team posting to get it on track or simply banning folks because we've done that sort of thing repeatedly with HaloGAF over the years (remember the temp lock, and the thread split, and the OT move, and the other temp lock, and the multiple bouts of mass bannings, and...) yet the place simply, repeatedly reverts back to form.

The chain of posts that started here and runs through here is really embarrassing and it what specifically led to the thread closure. Given the frequency of that sort of thing, the past interventions, and the number of people involved we decided to just lock it up. That's not what these threads, or GAF, is for.

And to be honest, I'm personally very weary of wading in to explain that we expect community OT's to generally be on topic (though of course a certain, moderate amount of OT chatter will roll through any community thread, it's about the proportions) and to be in compliance with the ToS. The team has done so four or five times at this point, so if I sound like a dick, please understand it's just exasperation. GAF is a huge place and moderating it is a big task for the team, yet we put a disproportionate amount of effort into dealing with HaloGAF issues.

For now the MCC thread should remain on the topic of the MCC. Please keep this thread on topic, and do not turn it into a general HaloGAF OT, which are gone as a going concern, at least for now. Discuss the impending Halo 5 release in the appropriate Gaming threads (feel free to make ones as news arises to facilitate this), and then of course the Halo 5 OT itself upon release. That gets the Halo OT's in the same general place as most Gaming Community OT's, which are title specific. When Halo 5 has come and gone we can revisit how to address Halo OT's going forward.

(As an aside I and other mods have PM's about the Halo OT thread closure, and this note is intended to address them; if you have other questions please feel free to shoot me or the other folks on the team a note; otherwise, please keep meta-discussion out of the thread/forum.)

Takashi

You can play any mission for it to work. Can even be a mission on easy, but it has to be for the game that you want to have the checkpoint for.

The last patch deleted all my LASO checkpoints, other than Halo 4. If you want, we can try that.

Oh ok that makes things way easier. I assumed it had to be one mission during the actual LASO playlist.

And yeah if you don't mind that would be great. When would you be available? I'm not home atm but I'd be able to later tonight or tomorrow. I'm US central time btw.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So.

The Halo OT thread was locked due to the latest derail that was both wildly off topic, and violated the NSFW portion of the forum Terms of Service. It was locked rather than the mod team posting to get it on track or simply banning folks because we've done that sort of thing repeatedly with HaloGAF over the years (remember the temp lock, and the thread split, and the OT move, and the other temp lock, and the multiple bouts of mass bannings, and...) yet the place simply, repeatedly reverts back to form.

The chain of posts that started here and runs through here is really embarrassing and it what specifically led to the thread closure. Given the frequency of that sort of thing, the past interventions, and the number of people involved we decided to just lock it up. That's not what these threads, or GAF, is for.

And to be honest, I'm personally very weary of wading in to explain that we expect community OT's to generally be on topic (though of course a certain, moderate amount of OT chatter will roll through any community thread, it's about the proportions) and to be in compliance with the ToS. The team has done so four or five times at this point, so if I sound like a dick, please understand it's just exasperation. GAF is a huge place and moderating it is a big task for the team, yet we put a disproportionate amount of effort into dealing with HaloGAF issues.

For now the MCC thread should remain on the topic of the MCC. Please keep this thread on topic, and do not turn it into a general HaloGAF OT, which are gone as a going concern, at least for now. Discuss the impending Halo 5 release in the appropriate Gaming threads (feel free to make ones as news arises to facilitate this), and then of course the Halo 5 OT itself upon release. That gets the Halo OT's in the same general place as most Gaming Community OT's, which are title specific. When Halo 5 has come and gone we can revisit how to address Halo OT's going forward.

(As an aside I and other mods have PM's about the Halo OT thread closure, and this note is intended to address them; if you have other questions please feel free to shoot me or the other folks on the team a note; otherwise, please keep meta-discussion out of the thread/forum.)
Thanks for the clarification, Ghaleon. I still think yall should scapegoat fracas with a permaban tho.

VinFTW

So.

I wouldn't have an issue with this if Halo 5 gaming side threads were moderated better. I have no desire to discuss Halo 5 news on gaming side. I'm sure others feel the same.

Not to mention a lot of new members have joined, including myself, since the first round of HaloGAF trouble, yet I have to be troubled because you're grouping us into one. Ban the repeat offenders and let the others who consistently keep the thread on topic enjoy the benefits of a community thread.

Akai__

Oh ok that makes things way easier. I assumed it had to be one mission during the actual LASO playlist.

And yeah if you don't mind that would be great. When would you be available? I'm not home atm but I'd be able to later tonight or tomorrow. I'm US central time btw.

I'm in Europe and online whenever. I just went offline for today, but I can surely be online tomorrow and on the weekends longer. Feel free to add me (GT AkaiGAF) and if you see me online, just shoot me a message.

Top Bottom