• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

The fact that assault Halo 3 is still AR starts is a joke. AR starts on Sandtrap is a travesty. Though I always vote for CE or BR starts if CE isn't there, so I'm not the problem.

The fact that assault Halo 3 is still AR starts is a joke. AR starts on Sandtrap is a travesty. Though I always vote for CE or BR starts if CE isn't there, so I'm not the problem.

ppzsKfW.png

Older screen, but you get the point. It's one reason I'd rather just not have voting in H5.

RoKKeR

Played a few matches with friends today. Thing working very smoothly now which is great. Halo 3 is still the GOAT Halo multiplayer.

Montresor

I think it would be great if after Halo 5, the next Halo game is a collaboration between 343 Industries and a Western RPG developer (like Bioware) to make a Mass Effect style Halo RPG.

I loved Halo 3 at the time but it's so jarring to play after playing CE, 2, 2A, and 4

Yeah it's so easy to just kick back and play on auto pilot with those, bit of a shock when you actually have to aim, I agree.

---------------------

Also, Halo 5's omission of splitscreen is unfortunate for those that still like to play on half a screen but excuse me if I don't cry a river now that guests won't be able to make a mockery of the Gold paying public's games

scrubs2_zpsebvqpp1b.png

scrubs1_zps8tftt7ce.png

scrubs3_zpsqygbmad7.png

Here's some footage of Blaze "-16" killer [1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2k0nXrlljI

Fuchsdh

Y'all know I'm no MLG guy but who picks H3 blackout over H2 lockout, honestly. I almost booted my two mates in the party for those votes :)

Screenshot-Original.png

It was odd to finally play Blackout in the MCC and see why people (or certainly a vocal segment) hated it when it came out. I'm not even that much of a fan of Lockout, but Blackout definitely felt worse.

Skele7on

Banned
is posting here ok? I'm picking the old controller up tonight to rejoin my obsessive nature with Halo, anyone want to help a vet get back in the swing?

Fuchsdh

is posting here ok? I'm picking the old controller up tonight to rejoin my obsessive nature with Halo, anyone want to help a vet get back in the swing?

I'm usually on in the evenings, you can add me if you want a mediocre player to make you look better.

Why haven't AR and/or SMG starts been patched out yet?

"Patched". It's a conscious decision to have no objective BR starts for Halo 3. It's all AR starts and thus never, ever, ever gets voted for. Since BR starts became a permanent fixture in the second slot the votes inundate on it the second the referendum goes live. 95% of the votes are for the BR start, irrespective of map. Not sure if MCC even has a nominated playlist manager like previous games have had.

Those gaming side Halo 5 threads are just proving my point. Too much console warrior bullshit and potshots at 343/Microsoft.

On topic, AR starts are a shit.

Madness

Those gaming side Halo 5 threads are just proving my point. Too much console warrior bullshit and potshots at 343/Microsoft.

On topic, AR starts are a shit.

You misread what I was saying. You edited it out later, but you accused me of doing the same thing when I was initially replying to someone who wanted to judge how Uncharted 4 was going to handle 1080p/30 campaign and 60fps multi-player, and I was trying to say it's unfair to 343 who have to work with the Xbox One.

On unrelated note, I wonder if they'd be able to add a launcher for Halo 5 digital owners from MCC. The UI has the grayed out Halo 5 beta button, and just like how terminals launch the Halo Channel, would it make sense for H5 to launch from MCC? I mean it won't really break anything, but it could be useful for some people coming off of MCC matches to just jump to Halo 5 without having to quit out? Or is that a lot of work for little to no real practicality?

You misread what I was saying. You edited it out later, but you accused me of doing the same thing when I was initially replying to someone who wanted to judge how Uncharted 4 was going to handle 1080p/30 campaign and 60fps multi-player, and I was trying to say it's unfair to 343 who have to work with the Xbox One.

I misread your post yes, when I read it again I realized my mistake and edited it out.

But there have been others that do so.

Oh sorry, on topic: it's surprising that the map rotation isn't more varied, from what I hear. With 100 maps you'd think that wouldn't be an issue.

Fuchsdh

Guys, please keep it to the relevant threads.

On unrelated note, I wonder if they'd be able to add a launcher for Halo 5 digital owners from MCC. The UI has the grayed out Halo 5 beta button, and just like how terminals launch the Halo Channel, would it make sense for H5 to launch from MCC? I mean it won't really break anything, but it could be useful for some people coming off of MCC matches to just jump to Halo 5 without having to quit out? Or is that a lot of work for little to no real practicality?

Maybe. I dunno what their plans for the MCC going forward are. It would make sense to just fold in older games as the new ones come out, although depending on the features and modes it might require some heavy UI reworking.

Madness

Guys, please keep it to the relevant threads.

Maybe. I dunno what their plans for the MCC going forward are. It would make sense to just fold in older games as the new ones come out, although depending on the features and modes it might require some heavy UI reworking.

Even if it's just to launch Halo 5, much like the normal games/apps buttons on the UI or how Halo Channel gets launched? I mean obviously if they put Halo 5 right next to where Halo 3 and whatnot are but I was thinking it could be a smart simple solution to replace the now greyed out Halo 5 beta button with a Halo 5 game launcher. That way you wouldn't need to exit out to launch if you have the digital edition. Though you're right that sounds like a lot of work for little payoff especially as most of their focus will probably be on H5 for good come October 27th.

Hey peeps,

Thinking of getting an xbone during the upcoming Prime Day sales (surely it has to be on sale, right?) and I was wondering:

How are the campaigns holding up?
Is there still an active MP community and how well is it working these days?

I never played Halo 4 or ODST (i think it's $5, no?) and never played the anniversary versions of 1 & 2 (obviously) so i'm looking forward to getting my halo on soon enough.

Akai__

Hey peeps,

Thinking of getting an xbone during the upcoming Prime Day sales (surely it has to be on sale, right?) and I was wondering:

How are the campaigns holding up?
Is there still an active MP community and how well is it working these days?

I never played Halo 4 or ODST (i think it's $5, no?) and never played the anniversary versions of 1 & 2 (obviously) so i'm looking forward to getting my halo on soon enough.

Campaigns work fine. They can crash, but I don't think they do as often as before. MP is holding up pretty well. You can find matches in all playlists. And yes ODST is 5$.

Only MP issue is people keep quitting. Otherwise most of the issues have been cleared up. The occasional bug will happen time to time, but usually nothing game breaking.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna play some Halo tonight around 9pm Pacific if anyone good* wants to join.

*sorry Ram

First time playing TMCC in a month. As usual slow as fuck matchmaking with a party of 2, and first match 3V4.

Where's the patches? Haven't gotten one since late May.

xboxnerd

Banned
First time playing TMCC in a month. As usual slow as fuck matchmaking with a party of 2, and first match 3V4.

Where's the patches? Haven't gotten one since late May.

Have had quick matchmaking and even team for a month, even dedi servers sometimes.
Try reboot your console and see if it works.

Bastos

Booted my XBO now to play some Halo.

My Xbox said that I needed to update it. Ok then.

> Manage Games
> Updating (62.7gb)

WTF

I'm new to the Xbox One, but is this "update" just showing me the size of my Halo MCC or is this the size of the update?

I really hope that my XBO isn't downloading HaloMCC again, because this will take a lot of time...

Hate this interface so much, can't get a single precise information about anything, and I thought the PS4's was bad...

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Booted my XBO now to play some Halo.

My Xbox said that I needed to update it. Ok then.

> Manage Games
> Updating (62.7gb)

WTF

I'm new to the Xbox One, but is this "update" just showing me the size of my Halo MCC or is this the size of the update?

I really hope that my XBO isn't downloading HaloMCC again, because this will take a lot of time...

Hate this interface so much, can't get a single precise information about anything, and I thought the PS4's was bad...

It updates the current game files, it just patches it by replacing old files, it only downloads new files, not the whole game. It's not the update size you are seeing but the complete game size, once fully patched.

Also, when it updates, it can look stuck at some percentage, then go straight to another percentage very quickly, it's because it patches some precise files, if the file is big, it will take longer to update the percentage, but it's still downloading (you can verify it by going in the network usage menu).

Top Bottom