• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Bastos

It updates the current game files, it just patches it by replacing old files, it only downloads new files, not the whole game. It's not the update size you are seeing but the complete game size, once fully patched.

Also, when it updates, it can look stuck at some percentage, then go straight to another percentage very quickly, it's because it patches some precise files, if the file is big, it will take longer to update the percentage, but it's still downloading (you can verify it by going in the network usage menu).
Ahhh, good then. Now I can be calm again hehe. Thanks so much for clearing that up :)

Akai__

Just played with a guy who logged ~200 hours in the MCC and somehow still managed to get 0 kills while actually playing. I just can't...

An other player with 0 kills and 15 deaths. I could have won the game with the other guy, if he would have quit early enough. 46-42 because he didn't.

Just played with a guy who logged ~200 hours in the MCC and somehow still managed to get 0 kills while actually playing. I just can't...

An other player with 0 kills and 15 deaths. I could have won the game with the other guy, if he would have quit early enough. 46-42 because he didn't.

I had a game where it was 4v2 after a player with a guest quit before that match (good riddance splitscreen) It ended 36 to 38 and my only other teammate went 0-10 before quitting. Wish he had quit sooner.

Serious question, how is the game working now? I sold my Xbox months back because of the issues and was wondering if things are much better now.

Akai__

Serious question, how is the game working now? I sold my Xbox months back because of the issues and was wondering if things are much better now.

Things are much better, except some pretty bad MP playlist management/gametype and map settings and terrible players of course.

I play it several nights a week, usually in a party of at least 2, and it's much improved from a couple months ago.

As Akai said though, we still have to put up with SMG/AR starts instead of BR starts. H2, H2A and H3 should always have BR starts.

Akai__

For real though. Why are there still no forge maps in matchmaking. It would be great to play on something that isn't lockdown in H2A.

Well, you can play on Smashed (alternative variant of Foundry Halo 3) if you want. BEST. MAP. EVER.
/s

Meanwhile, I've been waiting on H3 Hardcore since launch basically.

Karl2177

For real though. Why are there still no forge maps in matchmaking. It would be great to play on something that isn't lockdown in H2A.

I wonder if the old method(H3/Reach/4) of importing Forge maps into matchmaking is still being used. I would have hoped that the process for integrating user content had improved for this game's release, but I guess that there were obviously more pressing issues.

Don't you just love it when you're on a Killing Frenzy and some dumbass teammate with a Mauler gets bored and decides to betray you?

Or the guy with the sniper on the enemy team is streamrolling you and your teammate with the sniper is fucking around and doing nothing.

[off topic Reach rant]

No really, this happened in Reach on Hemorrhage. This was before they put a kill zone on the top of that wall behind red base, so some fucker was up there picking us off and our guy was on blue base inspecting the wall.

We won though. I hate betrayals so it wasn't my proudest moment.
I betrayed him for the sniper and took that guy out.

I recorded a clip of it. It's on YouTube. I hate myself.

We won though. I hate betrayals so it wasn't my proudest moment.
I betrayed him for the sniper and took that guy out.

I recorded a clip of it. It's on YouTube. I hate myself.

This is why I like having betrayals, though. If someone is in cahoots with the other team or is just dimwitted, then you can easily get the power weapon/objective from him. Also, it helps control explosive spamming.

Don't you just love it when you're on a Killing Frenzy and some dumbass teammate with a Mauler gets bored and decides to betray you?

I just had some idiot that ran around getting everyone's shields low, eventually he started to shoot too much and betrayed people. Boot screen finally came up with around 30 seconds left in the match, booted him and his shit guest. Also blocked and reported for grieving.

Madness

What happened to HaloGaf? Shut down again?

It's shut down for good. There won't be any general Halo community thread again, and we're limited only to Halo 5 news on gaming side, this thread, or the Halo 5 thread when it comes. That's just the way it is. Doesn't seem that this is going to change either based on PM's with mods. Thread move to off-topic was supposed to be seen as warning, but some just wanted to see it closed altogether. It sucks because there is just no place left to go. Navigate the minefield that is gaming side threads full of trolling and drive by shit, or risk going off topic here or in H5.

I'm probably just going to stop posting myself now. Was holding out hope maybe they'd change their minds, that the closure was unfair and that the Halo series deserves better but it is what it is. This thread just for MCC. Most who posted in the general OT have moved on and I'm pretty sure most know by now where they are, so the community can keep going. At least now, my tl;dr posts won't be clogging the threads so that's a benefit.

Stinkles, please tell whoever is in charge of it to change the internal map weighting in the playlists! Please!

As it is now, I still haven't seen tons of maps across multiple playlists; I want to at least be able to vote in vain for every map in the playlist, is that so much to ask?

Leyasu

Banned
Stinkles, please tell whoever is in charge of it to change the internal map weighting in the playlists! Please!

As it is now, I still haven't seen tons of maps across multiple playlists; I want to at least be able to vote in vain for every map in the playlist, is that so much to ask?

No point having all those maps when you never even see 2/3rds of them.

Hey guys we have over 100 maps, yet you’re going to play on the same ten all the time!

After +700 games there are still maps I have yet to play:

Danger Canyon
Gephyrophobia
Wreckage
Outcast
Longshore
Longest

Here’s a list of maps I’ve played once:

Sidewinder
Ice Fields
Infinity
Burial Mounds
Uplift

BTB is prominently H4 with some H3 once in a while. I don’t remember the last time H2 or CE got picked, H2A gets picked occasionally. I agree that voting should be weighed, that way every map has the chance of getting played.

For people that don't know what a weighed system is; let's say map A gets five votes, map B gets three, and map C gets two. After this the system will select from one of these. Map A has a 50% chance of getting picked, map B has a 30% chance, and map C has a 20% chance. This allows for every map to have the chance of getting played, yet the most popular ones are still favored.

why not adopt the COD system of only allowing one map to repeat in a rotation and then removing the option for the next match? Or do people dump out of matches that quickly when one of their favorite maps isn't part of the vote?

Tomash

why not adopt the COD system of only allowing one map to repeat in a rotation and then removing the option for the next match? Or do people dump out of matches that quickly when one of their favorite maps isn't part of the vote?

They've removed post-game lobby with an early patch trying to fix the game.

They've removed post-game lobby with an early patch trying to fix the game.

so what happens after a match? It just starts matchmaking again?

I'm picking up an xbone with MCC soon so i don't know how it exactly works but that doesn't sound like something I'd expect from a 2014/2015 game.

Fuchsdh

I'm picking up an xbone with MCC soon so i don't know how it exactly works but that doesn't sound like something I'd expect from a 2014/2015 game.

Once you complete a game it sticks you back in the main lobby to choose another playlist. Honestly given how often I enjoy jumping between playlists it's a sensible method for me, although given that there's still always the menace of dropping players from your party on game start it's not as great for the people who want to play serial BTB or whatnot.

Haruko

Ranked playlists would traditionally always work that way, so you can't farm games off of a weak enemy team in the same lobby

The other factor is that the game had a lot of issues at launch trying to keep lobbies intact between games, and making them all reset seemed to alleviate a lot of problems, so why risk breaking it again over something pretty small in the realm of outstanding issues

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
map voting is one of those things that seem like a good idea but isnt. glad 343 appears to be moving away from it

Man i would love a Server/Region Selection in MCC...

Its annoying that i have to play against US people in the lvl 20 area... Its not fun and very unfair.

witness

Just got my Xbox with MCC a few days ago. First off I've never played Halo 4, or the remaster of CE. I did play Halo 2 first and I'm so impressed with how it looks and the sound design. Really fantastic. I'm also having blast with Halo 4. Looks great and runs perfect. I completed the Infinity level and it was exactly what I've always loved about the series. How good the vehicles are, just puts this series ahead of so many other games for me. The vehicle levels are always the highlight for me in these games. I played the opening of CE and goddam at the OG graphics. I remember it looking so good on a 19" old crt I college lol. Haven't touched multi-player yet, want to play the campaigns first.

Fuchsdh

Halo 3 is the laggiest game in MCC. Shit is so unreal it makes me wonder why people always pick it.

I do feel like that's the case, but I honestly dunno if that's an objective fact, or if it might be the same network conditions feel much worse with Halo 3's sandbox. The laggiest games overall I've had though have been CE, complete with ping-ponging people and random deaths that seem to have been precipitated by nothing. It really is like I'm playing CE on PC all over again.

Top Bottom