• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

The English is 'Buried and Forgotten'. Kinda hilarious.

The worst are some of the weapon names. 'Incendiary Cannon' is called 'Vlammenkannon'. It's technically correct, it just sounds so terrible. :lol
I gotta say, to my non-German speaking ass "Vlammenkannon" sounds very cool.

Takashi

Has it been confirmed that there is going to be a ranked/social split for H5? So far I've just been assuming that Warzone is the "social" experience, while the rest of the arena playlists will be ranked (whereas Halo 3 had Lone Wovles AND Rumble Pit).

Not that I know of. I've just been doing the same you have and presuming arena (and maybe BTB) will be ranked, while Warzone and other rotational playlists will be social.

So I'll say this- I'll gladly take 500 QTE Didact grenade planting moments over the hour-long bullshit baloney that I just put with trying to rock-em-sock-em with the Prophet of Regret on Legendary. WTF I don't ever remember him being such nonsense to fight lol.

rest permanently in peace, madness

May there be no mention of Uncharted in the fabled beyond.

Had my whole team quit at the start of an Epitaph game, proceeded to guerrilla tactic the shit out of 4 enemies, made 2 on the other team quit with a nice ninja. These Halo moments are just so fun.

hxPbIYM.gif

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Had another game finish in Slayer before the 50 kills was reached, it's happened about 3 times in the last few nights.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Here's another:
P7vrJ1f.gif

Fuchsdh

Had my whole team quit at the start of an Epitaph game, proceeded to guerrilla tactic the shit out of 4 enemies, made 2 on the other team quit with a nice ninja. These Halo moments are just so fun.

hxPbIYM.gif

Honestly that's why I never leave a game, even if we're hopelessly outmatched. It's still my job to make the other team earn that win :)

Honestly that's why I never leave a game, even if we're hopelessly outmatched. It's still my job to make the other team earn that win :)

I'm much the same, I'll quit if it's something like down 2 vs 20 just to save everyone's time. However if there's a good chance after a few kills post quitters I'll keep them on their toes.

New 'Bone owner. So has this been pretty much abandoned by now? Played about an hour earlier and spent damn near half of it on "Players found..."

New 'Bone owner. So has this been pretty much abandoned by now? Played about an hour earlier and spent damn near half of it on "Players found..."

Usually the team slayer playlist finds matches pretty quick. BTB has been pretty much a no go from Australia for awhile now. Halo 3/4 playlists find matches at certain times too.

pacman85

Not at all for me. I'm in the US and have played a lot the past few days at different hours of the day and had no issues finding a match in any of the multiple playlists I tried.

Also try holding your xbox power button for approx. 5-10 seconds for a full power down. I just turned instant on to OFF mode so it's a full power cycle each time I use the console. It helps with bugs and MCC searches. If you don't find a player within 5mins then back out and search again or try a different playlist.

So we finally get a party of 7 finding an Aussie game in BTB...

Screenshot-Original.png

And the whole thing falls apart, a mate in the party even said don't vote H2 BTB as it will fuck up.

So only 3 of 8 on our team spawn at the start, I'm one of them and take the bomb to arm it on 1 bomb Terminal. 2 out of 8 enemies spawned to defend, we win the round and then...

Screenshot-Original.png

We quit, all restart MCC and tried searching BTB with no players found after 5 mins...

Off to play customs.

Lol, the final QTE against the Didact. Instead of 'press LT to plant grenade' it says 'press RT to fire machine gun'. Pressing RT obviously causes the Didact to toss you over the side. :lol

Ocho

Lol, the final QTE against the Didact. Instead of 'press LT to plant grenade' it says 'press RT to fire machine gun'. Pressing RT obviously causes the Didact to toss you over the side. :lol

I was so fucking mad at that whole QTE. I must've died 5-6 times before I figured out it was LT. The whole windup to the QTE made it worse for each time I died.

Fuchsdh

I was so fucking mad at that whole QTE. I must've died 5-6 times before I figured out it was LT. The whole windup to the QTE made it worse for each time I died.

If it said the same in my game I didn't notice. I've got a grenade in my hand and I guess I had the muscle memory from the original release.

If it said the same in my game I didn't notice. I've got a grenade in my hand and I guess I had the muscle memory from the original release.
Same here with the muscle memory + seeing a grenade in-hand. Didn't even read the text but now I want to play that mission again to see it for myself lol.

It's amazing how much better Halo 3 looks with the resolution and framerate bump. I remember being really unimpressed with it at launch. I had higher expectations given that Halo 2 was easily one of the top 2-3 looking games back on the OG Xbox.

Halo 3 look especially meh when CO4 launched a bit after it. So i was hesitant to even give the game a go with the MCC given that I had those memories but it really shines with the upgrades.

Also, i'm not sure I like how the Halo Anniversary remaster stuff looks. Sometimes, it looks fine but other times it looks like someone put new textures in places just because they could, never wondering if they should

Also, i'm not sure I like how the Halo Anniversary remaster stuff looks.

Currently going through h2a on legendary and I've switched to the old graphics a few times, for situations such as it being easier to see jackal snipers at a distance with less foliage and such.

It's gorgeous for sure, but sometimes can make an already difficult section more unforgiving with the extra details and scenery haha.

Currently going through h2a on legendary and I've switched to the old graphics a few times, for situations such as it being easier to see jackal snipers at a distance with less foliage and such.

It's gorgeous for sure, but sometimes can make an already difficult section more unforgiving with the extra details and scenery haha.

Well i was speaking more to the Halo 1 remake. The halo 2 remake seems to be alright from the 5 minutes or so I played of it but I did the whole intro sections of H1 and at times it felt more like a PC mod than a remake that held true to the spirit of the game.

Maybe it gets better later on, or maybe i'm just so used to how Halo 1 looks that anything that doesn't look exactly identical just seems wrong. I guess ill see how i feel as I keep playing it.

Ocho

Yeah, well I never played the original release. It makes more sense if you know he'll just lobby the grenade inside him with his hand. I was expecting a 360 MLG non scope SMG grenade kill.

HTupolev

Aesthetically I actually like CEA's work more than H2A, although visually it's a less direct recreation.

H2A seriously puts me off with the material appearance, although the specular is very expressive it's like many environments have a sort of dry pasty appearance. The shadow penumbra everywhere also looks sort of obnoxious and blobby, lighting environments are questionable with weirdly dark areas scattered about, there are lots of dynamic lights that are WAY bigger than they ought to be (the banshee projectiles being a particularly awful-looking standout), some effects work is bizarrely blinding, and several reflection effects have annoying temporal instabilities of varying sorts.
Some impressive tech going on, but I'm not a huge fan of how things were tuned.

Although I can understand why some people would like to punch up some of Halo 2's audio, H2A is an obnoxiously bangy soup that literally makes my head hurt sometimes.

The new cutscenes have impressive rendering work, but they're not aesthetically consistent with the real-time visuals. And the editing is poor, especially for audio integration (there are serious dialogue pacing errors, and things often just don't flow well with the soundtrack).

Fuchsdh

Aesthetically I actually like CEA's work more than H2A, although visually it's a less direct recreation.

H2A seriously puts me off with the material appearance, although the specular is very expressive it's like many environments have a sort of dry pasty appearance. The shadow penumbra everywhere also looks sort of obnoxious and blobby, lighting environments are questionable with weirdly dark areas scattered about, there are lots of dynamic lights that are WAY bigger than they ought to be (the banshee projectiles being a particularly awful-looking standout), some effects work is bizarrely blinding, and several reflection effects have annoying temporal instabilities of varying sorts.
Some impressive tech going on, but I'm not a huge fan of how things were tuned.

Although I can understand why some people would like to punch up some of Halo 2's audio, H2A is an obnoxiously bangy soup that literally makes my head hurt sometimes.

The new cutscenes have impressive rendering work, but they're not aesthetically consistent with the real-time visuals. And the editing is poor, especially for audio integration (there are serious dialogue pacing errors, and things often just don't flow well with the soundtrack).

So just like the original, then :p

HTupolev

So just like the original, then :p
Nah, when the original is materially leaning in a questionable direction, it leans toward plastic. Which is maybe partly a consequence of the compromises to the dynamic lights compared with CE.
Otherwise it's mostly more nondescript, which makes the original materials something of a Tecate to H2A's stronger but also actively icky Heineken.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
I see we're playing Team Slayer to 3 again.

In other news holy cow the Halo 3 SMG is awesome. Someone posted here awhile back about how useful it was and up until then I'd never given it a second thought. Unlike the AR not only does it actually sound like it's shooting bullets but it wrecks at close range. I'd love SMG/Pistol starts in Halo 3 with a 2x zoom on the pistol and 4sk.

So how is MCC right now? Halo 5 has got me hyped to get a Xbone, but I'm contemplating either getting it now with MCC, or waiting until Halo 5.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Won a Halo 4 BTB 4vs8 cus I got 51 kills.

FeelsGoodMan

[edit]

It was probably 3v8 since one of our guys was AFK the whole game.

I don't know.. I feel like I have an obligation to quit if I'm the last person left in a 4v1 as it's just unfair to the other team to make them suffer through ~15 minutes. Feels wrong as a fellow Halo fan, much like those who stat pad.

I don't know.. I feel like I have an obligation to quit if I'm the last person left in a 4v1 as it's just unfair to the other team to make them suffer through ~15 minutes. Feels wrong as a fellow Halo fan, much like those who stat pad.

If I'm winning from the get go you can bet your hairy ass I ain't quittin' :)

If it's a lopsided waste of everyone's time then yep do the right thing by quitting and let everyone move on.

While I'm at it, last night wasn't too fun TBH. MCC from Aus was still a really shitty mixed bag. It has been fine in slayer solo for a couple of weeks but party stuff is still a real crap shoot. I'm not sure my 10+ years Halo buddies and I have the will to keep trying an organised weekly and other sporadic Halo nights. Customs crashed, party chat crashed, BTB crashed, BTB couldn't search and no other playlists for 6+ players. Halo 4 ranked can't find matches with a party of 5 only ranked in low teens. It's rough going and we all really want to play a variety of MCC too.

Custom game with 6 friends crapping out on start up for H3

Slayer game with 5 friends crapping out after getting a short lead, even says host migration so P2P as we all suspect most of the time. We all restart and the same custom loads just fine but is a laggy game.

Of course the BTB in posts above on this page too. When it works everyone has a great time but the searching and crapping out is horrendous TBH. At least this was fun:
y9njrEW.gif

I usually stay, if they t-bag me then I'll quit on 49 out of spite.

Nah, I still stay.

I had a game on Prisoner where my team was awful and quit, they had an accumulated 6 kills. The game ended 50-49 loss, I had 43 kills and went positive 12, one less bad spawn and I would have won, pretty frustrating.

I usually stay, if they t-bag me then I'll quit on 49 out of spite.

Nah, I still stay.

I had a game on Prisoner where my team was awful and quit, they had an accumulated 6 kills. The game ended 50-49 loss, I had 43 kills and went positive 12, one less bad spawn and I would have won, pretty frustrating.

I've never understood people quitting at 49. People do it a lot. They wasted the time, but still get the quit penalty. I don't get it.

Wow so someone who has never played it before will basically never complete the game without assistance because its giving them bullshit advice haha

gg343 i continue to be impressed

The ending early is strange, I've seen it in H2C, H3 and with your pic above H4 as well. All that in the last week alone. If I had to take a wild guess I'll go with "fallback P2P host and they can simply chose to end the game at will still".

There is also a trend of party chat > leave multiplayer compounded by people quitting the build when they don't get the vote variant they wanted. It think this combines with the P2P host, games not starting, uneven starts and all because they can do those two methods and not receive quit or rank penalties using those methods.

Top Bottom