• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Fuchsdh

Are you able to set your console to offline mode then go change system date/time and get all of these time-sensitive achievements? i keep missing the days to play the specific games and the ones about checking some halo 2 maps on specific day(s).

Yep. You can use the same trick to get the date-specific Zanzibar/Valhalla multiplayer map achievements too.

I beat all 50 levels on legendary by myself for that achievement... horrible. The best way to play it is just play some music and try to relax and play through it mindlessly because of the unlimited respawns.

I hit a glitch at the end of episode 3, where an enemy spawned inside a rock. Couldn't kill him, no matter what I did.

Fuck Spartan Ops.

Fuchsdh

I beat all 50 levels on legendary by myself for that achievement... horrible. The best way to play it is just play some music and try to relax and play through it mindlessly because of the unlimited respawns.

Might be a bad time to tell you that you literally did not have to play a single mission in order to get that achievement.

Akai__

Whattt, how? Is it for sure patched?

You can try. Finish the 1st mission on Legendary. Afterwards, select the next mission on Legendary and just Save & Quit, after you launched into the game. If you return to the lobby, check your progression as it now should say completed and the Legendary icon should be there.

I haven't been following MCC news that much since i only just got an XB1 a week ago with the game but has 343 said anything regarding a Reach remaster? Seems that it would be weird if they left that one out given that even ODST got some love.

Akai__

I haven't been following MCC news that much since i only just got an XB1 a week ago with the game but has 343 said anything regarding a Reach remaster? Seems that it would be weird if they left that one out given that even ODST got some love.

They did indeed. They said they have no plans, but if it ever happens, it will be standalone and not part of the MCC. Don't remember where I read this, but I think it was on this forum.

Halo Reach is coming to backwards comptability for sure, but that's not what you asked.

They did indeed. They said they have no plans, but if it ever happens, it will be standalone and not part of the MCC. Don't remember where I read this, but I think it was on this forum.

Halo Reach is coming to backwards comptability for sure, but that's not what you asked.

that's a shame if so. I get not working to bring something like Halo Wars over but leaving Reach out in the cold seems bizarre. I suppose it requires more work since it has an actual MP mode compared to what ODST has but you'd think they'd just finish the fight, if you will

Akai__

that's a shame if so. I get not working to bring something like Halo Wars over but leaving Reach out in the cold seems bizarre. I suppose it requires more work since it has an actual MP mode compared to what ODST has but you'd think they'd just finish the fight, if you will

They would most likely just port the campaign for Halo Reach anyways as I really don't see them adding an other Halo MP game soon. I'd be upsolutely fine with that, since the campaign is the only good thing in the game (in my eyes). Campaign should be patched to Zero Bloom, though.

Are you sure about this part? I think they said they wished that the MCC had been standalone titles, but they didn't say what they would do for Reach.

Fuchsdh

So I read everything about this game and knew it was fucked but after 9 months was in a playable state. My 3rd day owning it and its literally the worst experience I've ever had with a video game. Not counting the constant crashes, disconnects, having to sign out/in, resetting xbox, friends not being able to join, game ending early, dial up connection thats supposed to be dedicated servers. Right now I cant play ANY campaign missions, whether quickstart, mission select, or the playlists. Also cant find a single person in MM in any playlist. Jesus fucking christ HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN.

Not to mention to Xbone UI is complete trash, but that's changing soon at least.

Hate to break it to you, but I think the problem's on your end.

Ocho

So last night I played Halo CE co op and it wasnt a laggy mess anymore. Same friend. Same connections. God bless?

If only Reach was a launch BC title, hopefully it's in the first wave during Gamescom week. I'm just assuming something is coming that week

Death Island is finally in BTB.

Woooooo.
Too bad I'll never end up seeing it anyways the way they have voting set up. For the three choices they need to entirely eliminate map weighting toward popular maps and just have totally random selection with no repeats within the 3.

Any other changes besides that and Action Sack?

Hey maybe we'll get to 1.0 by November 11, 2015.

Wouldnt that be grand. Someday!

I0t9DEx.jpg

I've been playing through the campaigns, finished halo 1 and just got through halo 2.

The remaster job for halo 2 is really impressive, especially the sound, but the game itself really isn't good. I hadn't replayed this game since the day it came it out when in powered through it in a day or two, so pretty much 95% of the game was fresh for me. Probably 6/10 game

What was the issue?

If you don't sign out before you turn your console off, when you turn it back on you can't do anything. Campaign won't start, can't invite friends, can't find a single person in mm. Have to quit the game and start it back up along with signing out/in.

The killtimes in h3 are insane anything longer than mid range after playing 1/2/2a.

343 did a really fine job with Action Sack, this is fun as hell and it even has some classic Halo 3 Action Sack gametypes.

In other news, rosters have been bugged for me and my friends (not showing up at all) for no reason for about a month now. Anyone else having trouble with this?

I've been playing through the campaigns, finished halo 1 and just got through halo 2.

The remaster job for halo 2 is really impressive, especially the sound, but the game itself really isn't good. I hadn't replayed this game since the day it came it out when in powered through it in a day or two, so pretty much 95% of the game was fresh for me. Probably 6/10 game

I definitely see where you're coming from, especially ten years later when so many games have done it better.

However, Halo 2 still holds a special place in my heart. There's parts of the game's campaign that are really good, like Cairo Station, Metropolis, Delta Halo, Gravemind, Uprising, High Charity and parts of the Great Journey.

But then you have all the Arbiter levels where he's fighting the Flood, which are average at best.

I definitely see where you're coming from, especially ten years later when so many games have done it better.

However, Halo 2 still holds a special place in my heart. There's parts of the game's campaign that are really good, like Cairo Station, Metropolis, Delta Halo, Gravemind, Uprising, High Charity and parts of the Great Journey.

But then you have all the Arbiter levels where he's fighting the Flood, which are average at best.

Lot of the stages are just open with nothingness, like it was incomplete, if that makes sense. Also the story is just a mess

Edit: just want to add that the flood are the worst enemies in gaming history. Why the hell did Bungie think zero AI, homing missile, bullet sponge enemies would be fun to play against

Lot of the stages are just open with nothingness, like it was incomplete, if that makes sense. Also the story is just a mess

Edit: just want to add that the flood are the worst enemies in gaming history. Why the hell did Bungie think zero AI, homing missile, bullet sponge enemies would be fun to play against
Flood was amazing in Halo CE. I think they run at you to show blind aggression and contrast the smarter AI used for the Covenant.

Flood was amazing in Halo CE. I think they run at you to show blind aggression and contrast the smarter AI used for the Covenant.

The flood are fine for a stage, maybe 2, to show the contrast, I get that. But when it's half a game their mechanics get tiresome very quickly. Boring design, zero strategy, endless waves, no reaction to attacks... it's just plain bad. If it was contained to just a couple appearances I'd be ok with it

Now to start ODST!

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Bought an Xbone a year ago. Hardly played on it.

Bought Ori, Volgarr and MCC a month ago. Finished Ori, got pretty far in Volgarr and then sinked my teeth into the MCC about two weeks ago. I finished all the campaigns on Heroic (including ODST) and am now almost done with Halo 4.

So yeah, great series, although I'm probably alone in thinking that ODST was the most fun campaign of them all.

I keep reading that this package is horrible and buggy, but apart from not getting an achievement after completing a level in ODST (which I didn't mind replaying anyway) and my controller disconnecting once every two-three hours, it seems OK. Are most of the problems multiplayer-related? I haven't touched that yet.

The flood are fine for a stage, maybe 2, to show the contrast, I get that. But when it's half a game their mechanics get tiresome very quickly. Boring design, zero strategy, endless waves, no reaction to attacks... it's just plain bad. If it was contained to just a couple appearances I'd be ok with it!

A lot of it has to do with the level design. Sometimes the Flood just aren't utilized properly. I adore some Flood levels, like 343 GS, The Maw, High Charity, Floodgate and Halo. Then there's others which rank among my least favorite levels in the entire series, like The Library, Cortana, Keyes and all the Arbiter's Flood levels in Halo 2.

A level that has you doing nothing but navigating dark corners and shooting nothing but Flood just gets old fast. The levels where they're served up as a variation against the Covenant can be great.

Bought Ori, Volgarr and MCC a month ago. Finished Ori, got pretty far in Volgarr and then sinked my teeth into the MCC about two weeks ago. I finished all the campaigns on Heroic (including ODST) and am now almost done with Halo 4.

So yeah, great series, although I'm probably alone in thinking that ODST was the most fun campaign of them all.

I keep reading that this package is horrible and buggy, but apart from not getting an achievement after completing a level in ODST (which I didn't mind replaying anyway) and my controller disconnecting once every two-three hours, it seems OK. Are most of the problems multiplayer-related? I haven't touched that yet.

Problems are mostly MP-related, yes, although there's several issues still plaguing the campaigns as well.

And you're definitely not alone in preferring ODST, many Halo fans think it's the best campaign the series has to offer. For me it's a coin toss between ODST, Halo 3 and Reach.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
ODST felt so fun to me. Like a true "Halo's Greatest Hits" campaign.

Funny, most people I know dislike ODST almost as much as Halo 2. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves it so much.

Akai__

343 did a really fine job with Action Sack, this is fun as hell and it even has some classic Halo 3 Action Sack gametypes.

In other news, rosters have been bugged for me and my friends (not showing up at all) for no reason for about a month now. Anyone else having trouble with this?

So, they added Halo 3 Action Sack but Halo 3 Hardcore is still missing? I don't understand this company. Never have and probably never will...

Yes, last time I played was like 2 weeks ago and the Roster was broken. It's probably on their end.

Akai__

Hardcore is still there

Nobody was saying the playlist itself is missing. What's missing are Halo 3 maps and MLG gametypes being added to it.

Halo Community Update said:
Playlist Popularity, Ordered by Population
(7.17 - 7.20)

1. Big Team Battle
2. Team Slayer
3. Halo 4
4. Team SWAT
5. Team Snipers
6. Halo 3
7. Team Doubles
8. Halo 2: Anniversary
9. Halo 2 Classic
10. Halo: CE
11. HCS
12. Rumble Pit
13. Team Hardcore

Competetive playlists were always less populated, but I can guarantee you that more people would play Team Hardcore, if there was Halo 3 in it. Just looking at the popularity, you can see that Halo 3 is being played more than Halo 2 Classic. Would really like to know the numbers behind this chart.

IHaveIce

Banned
You can try. Finish the 1st mission on Legendary. Afterwards, select the next mission on Legendary and just Save & Quit, after you launched into the game. If you return to the lobby, check your progression as it now should say completed and the Legendary icon should be there.

what? :O

Karl2177

Nobody was saying the playlist itself is missing. What's missing are Halo 3 maps and MLG gametypes being added to it.

Competetive playlists were always less populated, but I can guarantee you that more people would play Team Hardcore, if there was Halo 3 in it. Just looking at the popularity, you can see that Halo 3 is being played more than Halo 2 Classic. Would really like to know the numbers behind this chart.
It is ordered by population over the span of 4 days, after the game has been inconsistent for months. What great information to be inferred from that data.

hwalker84

Yes. Mostly multiplayer related (Multiplayer includes CO-OP).

Pizza

I just saw this on Twitter, anyone know what gametypes are in there? Could be MCC's biggest redeeming factor to me if done right.

Last night, I played "gungoose ctf"

4v4 in H2A, everyone spawns and then is immediately forced into a gungoose they can't dismount from.

Fucking rad as hell.

From https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-7-17-15

Next up, the playlist team is currently putting the finishes touches on the Action Sack playlist, which will be the next featured MCC playlist. Additionally, we’re looking to make some tweaks and changes to voting options across additional playlists based on feedback you’ve shared – we’ll talk details as we get closer to the release.

"Maybe they've finally addressed the fact that Halo 3 4v4 objective with a BR start doesn't exist in the MCC. They promised H3 MLG gametypes in November and they're still not there but by now they'll have found the heart to at least offer the option to the player for a BR start on, say, capture the flag on The Pit. I mean they must have seen the data from the H3 playlist in which objective gametypes are never picked despite being in the first slot and the fact that the votes always instantly dogpile on the second slot (which is always a BR start) despite the fact that the third slot often has a more popular map in it. And surely they've got around to at least offering a BR start for Halo 3 in Rumble Pit seeing as it curiously is the only game of the four in that playlist to not have BR starts configured. Oh, and maybe they've figured out how to make AR starts on Sandtrap, Standoff, Avalanche et al not a thing anymore cause that one really is astonishing and never existed in Bungie's Halo 3. I eagerly await this vague but promising sounding MM update"

Here it is! Quick, let's see how they've addressed these glaring issues:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-7-25-15

PL%20update_zpsi5iffjxb.png

c38794e0-83c7-11e3-bf54-7054d21a8f10.gif

I just... I just don't understand at this point.

Akai__

@TheHenery Nobody understands 343i. I simply won't touch the MCC until a new patch + Team Hardcore H3. I'm excited to see how bad the situation will be once H5 comes out.

I pointed them out several times, when Spartan Ops was added. I even wrote warning posts before the next patches happened. I know every achievement exploit possible in the MCC, so if you need LASO or need help with other achievements. message me.

It is ordered by population over the span of 4 days, after the game has been inconsistent for months. What great information to be inferred from that data.

Yeah lol. Realized it shortly after I made the post. It was early in the morning, so don't blame me. :p

Top Bottom