• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Tomash

The ending early is strange, I've seen it in H2C, H3 and with your pic above H4 as well. All that in the last week alone. If I had to take a wild guess I'll go with "fallback P2P host and they can simply chose to end the game at will still".

Games with all players having red/yellow connections and games ending early have become much more common in the last 2 weeks for me :(

Leyasu

Banned
And the game ended because of that?

A couple of them did. But I have had games finish early for no reason, a black screen where it looked like it was trying to find a host but couldn't then kicking everyone. And a game that kicked me back to dashboard...

Lag gets an honourable mention as well. The game is all over the place at the moment.

Edit. I had someone standbying yesterday. It was like deja vu from 2004

Hey guys, i cleared my cache on my xbox one and now when i try to sync this game with the could save, it keeps giving me an error. Did this happen to anyone else? it doesnt happen with any other game, only this one.

Had another game finish in Slayer before the 50 kills was reached, it's happened about 3 times in the last few nights.

I see we're playing Team Slayer to 3 again.

Games with all players having red/yellow connections and games ending early have become much more common in the last 2 weeks for me :(

Yeah I've been having crazy lag in some Halo 3 matches lately. Same with games ending early in CE and 4.

I have had games finish early for no reason, a black screen where it looked like it was trying to find a host but couldn't then kicking everyone. And a game that kicked me back to dashboard...

Lag gets an honourable mention as well. The game is all over the place at the moment.

All true. I decided to document a small sample of the lag, p2p, games ending early, no loads etc nsfw language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Exx1_J1Dvg (All gameplay from the last 7 days)

Frankie on the 13th of November: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138727444&postcount=278

Stinkles: "We DO have dedicated servers... We do in fact use dedicated servers for matchmade games, but as an emergency contingency, MCC is designed to fall back to traditional peer-hosted gameplay in the event that there are connectivity issues with the dedicated servers. This can happen for a variety of reasons including intermittent unavailability of dedicated servers, poor ping times to the dedicated server datacenters, or network configuration issues that prevent you from being able to access the dedicated servers. We’re busy getting stuff fixed and improved, and I promise you I will give you a full breakdown of what happened (and it’s multiple compounding things) after we fix it all"

Emergency implies an exceptional circumstance. In the last month or so about 1 in 7 games (at best) has been on a dedicated server. Practically every match I play has late grenade throwing, sluggish reticle, shot registration issues etc that simply aren't there when a dedicated server is used. The difference is so stark it's immediately obvious when the game is using peer to peer hosting. Anecdotal evidence should be sufficient in a matter as obvious as this but the amount of times I've seen games terminate when a peer host quits or is booted removes any doubt about this issue whatsoever. So, why are dedicated servers a rare treat rather than the norm that they should be? The game was persistently advertised with dedicated servers as a key selling point. As it stands, the assertion that MCC is using dedi's in any significant capacity is fraudulent.

Also, have we seen the promised full breakdown of what happened?

Man..Just booted this for the first time since the halo 5 beta, I thought for sure that it would work, after all its been 7 months and halo 5's matchmaking worked flawlessly.

So so wrong...tried to matchmake for an hour before once more throwing in the towel.

Man this game continues to break my heart. I can't even be mad or frustrated about it anymore, im just completely numb.

Man..Just booted this for the first time since the halo 5 beta, I thought for sure that it would work, after all its been 7 months and halo 5's matchmaking worked flawlessly.

So so wrong...tried to matchmake for an hour before once more throwing in the towel.

Man this game continues to break my heart. I can't even be mad or frustrated about it anymore, im just completely numb.

what mode are you playing? I've had zero issues finding matches on Team Slayer H1-H3 and standard Halo 4 matches.

Leyasu

Banned
All true. I decided to document a small sample of the lag, p2p, games ending early, no loads etc nsfw language:

Frankie on the 13th of November: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138727444&postcount=278

Emergency implies an exceptional circumstance. In the last month or so about 1 in 7 games (at best) has been on a dedicated server. Practically every match I play has late grenade throwing, sluggish reticle, shot registration issues etc that simply aren't there when a dedicated server is used. The difference is so stark it's immediately obvious when the game is using peer to peer hosting. Anecdotal evidence should be sufficient in a matter as obvious as this but the amount of times I've seen games terminate when a peer host quits or is booted removes any doubt about this issue whatsoever. So, why are dedicated servers a rare treat rather than the norm that they should be? The game was persistently advertised with dedicated servers as a key selling point. As it stands, the assertion that MCC is using dedi's in any significant capacity is fraudulent.

Quite fucking true. They should have said that the game on rare occasions, (when the stars align or when the gods are smiling) you fallback to dedicated servers.. The rest is p2p.! Like you said, you can tell instantly how you are playing.

It's such a disappointment. I hope that they dont fuck up 5.

lmao that vid was awesome

for your next montage

http://xboxclips.com/Van+Winkel+x/ffd009eb-1dcb-4aa9-9422-a0b3aaaad866

http://xboxclips.com/Van+Winkel+x/9b6919b5-ddce-41da-a91f-a3d70d33839a

http://xboxclips.com/Van+Winkel+x/04c72cd4-e3e7-49dc-9355-a0c71cbf39b8

It must be worrisome for microsoft that multi-billion dollar azure network is down so often....

FGAfncy.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I loved when I'm in matchmaking, Halo 4 finally comes up and is voted but someone quits so it resets everything. Lovely.

Emergency implies an exceptional circumstance. In the last month or so about 1 in 7 games (at best) has been on a dedicated server.

Old news but always good to have more confirmation. Anyone who actually plays this game knows that what he said about servers just isnt true. Frankie says he just tells us what he's told, he's a messenger not a tech, so whoever is feeding him info is full of shit.

And as far as I know Frankles still hasnt delivered the breakdown. He said it would be after this was all fixed, so I guess technically that hasn't happened yet. 8 months later and 343 seems to be trying to sweep it under the rug. When was the last patch? Almost 2 months ago, not counting the extra patch to fix the things the patch broke? Or do we count that kind of bullshit?

Support is winding down.

The game never stops breaking my heart because I'm stupid and can't give up hope even though it's clear that 343 isn't interested in the quality of support that the game requires.

Dont forget to preorder Halo 5 brought to you by the creators of the MCC!

Akai__

Remember when Sundance wanted to preorder 1024 of copies of the MCC for MLG and Frankie said he might start boxing them up?

I might start boxing them up.

Good times.

Fucking lol. Soon, when Halo 5 comes out, they will just shut down half the servers and cut 80% of the playlists and all you will be able to play is Halo 4 on DEDICATED SERVERS.

I'm such an idiot for buying this collection. Out of all days I played it, I had fun for like 2 or 3 days total out of the 600 hours I played it. I'm still waiting on H3 Hardcore...

Plasma Rifle starts are so bad one of the world's best Halo players couldn't muster a single kill in the gametype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5OhHfU8gE

Kudos for his attitude and having a laugh during that game. I can't help myself and say 1) yes plasma rifle starts suck and 2) he really didn't compensate for latency at all in that game with his aim or movements or tactics. As an Aussie player of 10+ years that latency was fairly typical and not even that bad compared to the old days of H2/3 online from Aus.

Everyone hates shitty latency. As sad as it is I actually got used to playing with elements of latency to the point I sucked when it was very rarely Aussie host in H2/H3. I feel for Naded on that one but enjoyed seeing the latency reversed on a pro.

mhi

I've stuck to just playing Halo 2 and this game has became everything I ever dreamed of.

Random glitches aside and god willing, I'll be here forever and I'll never have to play another shitty Halo game again.

Fuchsdh

Didn't know that was a thing.

There are achievements for playing each game on their date of release.

Meanwhile, my Xbox randomly started attempting to start itself up repeatedly, then it gets to the green Xbox startup screen, shuts itself down and goes into the multiple-startup-chime cycle again. I think I'm screwed.

I figure that this question will probably end with a Yes but: Does the MCC include all of the remade versions of older maps too? I played a bunch of Halo 3 on release and then this weekend I played a match of Halo 2 and got crazy dejavu feelings regarding the map, leading me to figure that the Halo 3 map i played back in the day was actually a halo 2 map remake.

Just wondering if they got that meticulous. Halo 3 was the only game of MCC i didnt get a match on this weekend (just got the xbone and it took a long ass time this weekend to download the MCC code that was packed in with it) and I also don't know map names well enough to find it on my own.

Also, did Blood gulch get renamed? seems like a weird thing to rename the most popular map in halo 1.

Fuchsdh

I figure that this question will probably end with a Yes but: Does the MCC include all of the remade versions of older maps too? I played a bunch of Halo 3 on release and then this weekend I played a match of Halo 2 and got crazy dejavu feelings regarding the map, leading me to figure that the Halo 3 map i played back in the day was actually a halo 2 map remake.

Just wondering if they got that meticulous. Halo 3 was the only game of MCC i didnt get a match on this weekend (just got the xbone and it took a long ass time this weekend to download the MCC code that was packed in with it) and I also don't know map names well enough to find it on my own.

Also, did Blood gulch get renamed? seems like a weird thing to rename the most popular map in halo 1.

MCC contains every map ever created for all four games, including the CE PC and H2 Vista only maps.

Every remake has always had a different name, usually a synonym of the original word or a play on the same sounds. Hence H2 Lockout —> H3 Blackout —> H2A Lockdown, H1 Blood Gulch —> H2 Coagulation, and the like.

MCC contains every map ever created for all four games, including the CE PC and H2 Vista only maps.

Every remake has always had a different name, usually a synonym of the original word or a play on the same sounds. Hence H2 Lockout —> H3 Blackout —> H2A Lockdown, H1 Blood Gulch —> H2 Coagulation, and the like.

Ah, ok. Somewhat confusing for someone who remembers maps in funny ways, like ITS THE MAP WITH THE HUGE FAN or ITS THE MAP WITH A SHOTGUN IN THE TUNNEL OFF TO THE SIDE but i guess that's on me hah,

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here primarily play Halo CE MP? That's my go to playlist in the MCC these days and I could really use decent team mates.

xboxnerd

Banned
Played 2 matches. First one was incredibly laggy. Second one started as a 7v8, ended as a 3v5. I'm done now.

It seems like that you have taken a time machine and went back to last December! I actually have had little issues playing MCC lately.
Try hard reset your Xbox maybe?

Tomash

Has there been any talk of a patch since ODST came out?

26.6 update
As the Halo 5 team enters the post-E3 home stretch, the MCC team continues to work on playlist updates as well as the next content update, the latter of which we’ll talk about as we get closer to release.

17.7 update
Additionally, we’re looking to make some tweaks and changes to voting options across additional playlists based on feedback you’ve shared – we’ll talk details as we get closer to the release.

Remember when Sundance wanted to preorder 1024 of copies of the MCC for MLG and Frankie said he might start boxing them up?

Good times.

Fucking lol. Soon, when Halo 5 comes out, they will just shut down half the servers and cut 80% of the playlists and all you will be able to play is Halo 4 on DEDICATED SERVERS.

I'm such an idiot for buying this collection. Out of all days I played it, I had fun for like 2 or 3 days total out of the 600 hours I played it. I'm still waiting on H3 Hardcore...

Im still waiting for the 100% promised DEDICATED SERVERs. Since last week or so, everything connection wise got worse. Almost every Match sports some lag. Not even a japanese host back in the 360 days was this horrible.
And in the case for Halo 3, it feels like they changed things on the Netcode that werent needed or dont work.
It shouldnt be the case that H3s connection and sometimes hit registration is worse than on 360.

Every game in this Collection probably needed a 50 to 100 people team to fully rework stuff like Netcode for Dedicated Servers and etc.

I even would have loved if they tweaked and changed some gameplay stuff in the old games. Something Sony is doing with uncharted.

But yeah, MCC support seems to be dead now. Bravo ignores every Question regarding a Patch or Playlist Support. And this guy is as useless as this Weekly Updates... All he cares about it seems like is HCS and H5 now.

All aboard the Halo 5 Train guys.

Fotos

It will never be fixed.

On an unrelated note, I've been replaying Spartan Ops and it is a lot worse than I remember. I have trouble imagining how anyone at 343 ever greenlit this. If I hear 'Crimson, incoming drop pod!' one more time...

I beat all 50 levels on legendary by myself for that achievement... horrible. The best way to play it is just play some music and try to relax and play through it mindlessly because of the unlimited respawns.

Akai__

But yeah, MCC support seems to be dead now. Bravo ignores every Question regarding a Patch or Playlist Support. And this guy is as useless as this Weekly Updates... All he cares about it seems like is HCS and H5 now.

All aboard the Halo 5 Train guys.

Every time there is a HCS tournament, it feels like the whole 343i team travels to the tournament. No updates, no teases, no news period. Don't know why they cater more to the HCS crowd, which are by far a very tiny margin of the Halo fanbase, rather than the whole fanbase. They could easily do both.

pacman85

don't forget to play ODST today for the 22nd achievement.
Are you able to set your console to offline mode then go change system date/time and get all of these time-sensitive achievements? i keep missing the days to play the specific games and the ones about checking some halo 2 maps on specific day(s).

Top Bottom