• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

I did the exact same thing yesterday and yeah, they take forever to take down. But i was still enjoying myself. I think that had Halo CE been 4 player co-op, it would have been perfect at that difficulty.

Plasma Pistol + Pistol = entire campaign.

Except anytime you get the sniper rifle or rockets of course.

Shotgun also for the flood.

Fuchsdh

Plasma Pistol + Pistol / Shotgun + Pistol / Rockets + Sniper for parts of AOTCR and Two Betrayals.

It's also worth noting that the plasma pistol fires as fast as you can pull the trigger so it is actually fairly effective at stripping shields when using its normal firing mode. It has a lesser version of the plasma rifle stun so peppering Elites with sustained fire can be devastating. The overcharge also deals damage even to unshielded opponents, which isn't the case in Halo 2 or (IIRC) Halo 3.

Yup, rockets are good on Two Betrayals, it's needed to clear out the Flood rooms.

People are intimidated by the Library, but just keep moving with the Shotygun/Pistol combo. Prioritize AR wielding flood as they rip your shields, shotgun flood are crazy too.

Skele7on

Banned
Is anyone around to play some games?

Just tried going in solo and no one talks and it's literally awful as you know,

Halo is all about team shots ect.

Sorry if this has been asked but why is Halo CE 2v2 50 kills to win? I know this playlist used to be 4v4 so why haven't they changed the score limit to 25? The matches are going on too long.

Leyasu

Banned
Stuck on downloading latest data!! Have reset my console and still the same. Any suggestions?? Fucking game

Finally getting internet set up in the next week or two. Figured I'd just let MCC update overnight (my connection is only gonna be 5 mbps :( ), is there still the problem of updates getting stuck?

G_Berry

Banned
Does the mp is this game even work? I've been sitting at searching for players across multiple modes now for over an hour! How long do I need to wait?

fozzy

Nearly completed Halo CE. Was thinking about playing some MP tomorrow. Where would be best to start?

I played a little Halo 3 (I think) years ago.

Bumhead

Banned
Finished Halo CE. I decided to restart the game on normal rather than Heroic. That's something I would like to do one day, but I figured my primary reason for playing these games was just to experience them again (or in the case of most of 2 and all of 4, for the first time) before 5 comes out. To that end, playing them on normal mode serves me just fine.

Absolutely loved playing Halo again. It's been years since I last did. Forgot how good the original game was.

That said, I'm even more impressed by Halo 2A. I think they did a really, really nice job with the visuals. The game looks great to me. And I'm also impressed with Halo 2 as a game. I bought the original Xbox version when it first came out, but for reasons I can't remember it never clicked with me and I never finished it. Revisiting it now, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm only 3 missions in but I'm loving it. Mechanically, almost everything about it feels a grade above Halo CE. Dual wielding SMG's is just.. the most satisfying thing.

ODST is available to download for everyone now, right? That's another one I've never played. Where should I got it in on a chronological play through? Between 2 and 3?

ODST is available to download for everyone now, right? That's another one I've never played. Where should I got it in on a chronological play through? Between 2 and 3?

Right after the second mission in 2 if you want to get super technical.

I'd really save it for after 3, imo, but if you insist on chronological order than between 2 and 3 should be fine.

Blues1990

Just for fun, I had brought out my old Xbox and played Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary. I still got it and had only died twice (both times during 'The Library' level).

Lingitiz

Just getting into MCC after finally getting an XB1. Halo 4 is....really fun? It's changed a lot since I played it at launch. I really like it now actually!

Just getting into MCC after finally getting an XB1. Halo 4 is....really fun? It's changed a lot since I played it at launch. I really like it now actually!

Sadly not played enough after the turbo update some 6-9 months post launch, Halo 4 really moves and plays great with those tweaks. Seeing it in MCC now it's clearly one of the better netcode experiences too, of course being a newer title you'd expect that somewhat. The maps just and objective game settings just can't revival Halo 2/3 though.

P44

Question:

If I'm playing Team Snipers, is there any way to queue for just say, H2 maps or do I have to rely on voting?

Hi all,

I haven't been following the OT for this at all but I'd just like to know if the issues with MCC are fixed now?

I only ask because I'm grabbing an Xbone in the coming months and will be grabbing all of the halo goodness, but I was just unsure on the patching progress of this game, as I was aware of some pretty serious problems at launch!

Thanks in advance :)

Karl2177

Question:

If I'm playing Team Snipers, is there any way to queue for just say, H2 maps or do I have to rely on voting?
You'll have to rely on the votes.

Hi all,

I haven't been following the OT for this at all but I'd just like to know if the issues with MCC are fixed now?

I only ask because I'm grabbing an Xbone in the coming months and will be grabbing all of the halo goodness, but I was just unsure on the patching progress of this game, as I was aware of some pretty serious problems at launch!

Thanks in advance :)
I'd put it at an acceptable state. You'll still get the occasional crash or the map fails to load, but for the most part you can get into a match and play. Matchmaking settings aren't great, as you'll sometimes get close quarters weapon starts on large maps. I haven't had a campaign crash in a while. There is still a very annoying bug where your mission and playlist progress gets completely reset when they have a new patch.

Just got the game! It's my first time blasting through any Halo game really, and it's pretty fun so far. Flipping back and forth between the original CE graphics and the CE:A is a trip, can't wait to get to 2 and 2A

So I've been playing, and I bought, downloaded, and installed the ODST DLC, and I can't find it anywhere? The campaign, that is. I see no mention of it in any screens, but I did check and it's all installed. What gives?

Fuchsdh

Just got the game! It's my first time blasting through any Halo game really, and it's pretty fun so far. Flipping back and forth between the original CE graphics and the CE:A is a trip, can't wait to get to 2 and 2A

So I've been playing, and I bought, downloaded, and installed the ODST DLC, and I can't find it anywhere? The campaign, that is. I see no mention of it in any screens, but I did check and it's all installed. What gives?

It's underneath the Halo 3 campaign menu (similar to how H2A multiplayer stuff is occasionally folded under Halo 2.)

My favorite maps are in Halo 3 but that also seems to contain some of the most viscous mofos online. I guess having almost a decade of experience on me helps lol. I did play it a bit when it launched but it's been a while. Also, were spawn points always this bad in the game or is that a MCC specific issue with this game?

I've found myself being more successful at Halo 4 online but at times i prefer the simplicity in design offered by halo 3. It's also funny getting halfway into a match of Halo 4 and only then remembering that sprinting is a thing in that game.

You'll have to rely on the votes.

I'd put it at an acceptable state. You'll still get the occasional crash or the map fails to load, but for the most part you can get into a match and play. Matchmaking settings aren't great, as you'll sometimes get close quarters weapon starts on large maps. I haven't had a campaign crash in a while. There is still a very annoying bug where your mission and playlist progress gets completely reset when they have a new patch.

Thanks. I think for those bugs it's worth the £20 asking price I've seen it around for.

Lingitiz

Going back to Halo 3 is definitely a hit to my nostalgia. The BR at a distance just doesn't feel good at all. Also, Standoff continues to be the worst shit.

Loving the collection so far. Running the co-op campaigns with a buddy and we are running into a bug in H2A. Outskirts keeps crashing at load. We tried all the usual fixes (reboot, clear local saves games) but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions peeps?

Going back to Halo 3 is definitely a hit to my nostalgia. The BR at a distance just doesn't feel good at all. Also, Standoff continues to be the worst shit.

On the contrary I ended up playing mcc out of curiosity yesterday - first game was br's on the pit

Reignited my love all over again

So, my first time campaign run continues and I have now finished Halo 3.

In terms of enjoyment I would rank the original trilogy (this is for a first time player) as:

Halo 2=Halo3>>>Halo CE

They're all good though. I may even go on and play ODST next... I NEED to finish the series before 5.

Edit: One thing I should complain about is the checkpoint system. The last mission of Halo 3 when you're fighting the flood up the hill is a f****** joke. I did the whole section to the last bit and had to do it all over again.. second time the checkpoints worked. It seems to be a common thing for checkpoints to just not register.. is it a MCC thing or a Halo thing?

So, my first time campaign run continues and I have now finished Halo 3.

In terms of enjoyment I would rank the original trilogy (this is for a first time player) as:

Halo 2=Halo3>>>Halo CE

They're all good though. I may even go on and play ODST next... I NEED to finish the series before 5.

Edit: One thing I should complain about is the checkpoint system. The last mission of Halo 3 when you're fighting the flood up the hill is a f****** joke. I did the whole section to the last bit and had to do it all over again.. second time the checkpoints worked. It seems to be a common thing for checkpoints to just not register.. is it a MCC thing or a Halo thing?

I'd definitely recommend playing ODST, it's one of the most memorable and enjoyable of the Halos.

I'd definitely recommend playing ODST, it's one of the most memorable and enjoyable of the Halos.

Awesome, I've heard that a lot. I'm not sure whether to play it now as I played 2/3 without a break.. that could cause me to enjoy it less. I may go to The Witcher 3 and then finish the series.

Awesome, I've heard that a lot. I'm not sure whether to play it now as I played 2/3 without a break.. that could cause me to enjoy it less. I may go to The Witcher 3 and then finish the series.

ODST is great, only thing i wish was different about it are the character animations during the cutscenes. Otherwise, great game.

anyone have online tips for getting gud at halo 3? I feel like I'm being toyed with half the time i'm out there.

I kinda know most of the maps since I played it back on the 360 but I feel like I'm not getting the weapon balance stuff, like I feel i'm never using the BR correctly for example.

Tawpgun

anyone have online tips for getting gud at halo 3? I feel like I'm being toyed with half the time i'm out there.

I kinda know most of the maps since I played it back on the 360 but I feel like I'm not getting the weapon balance stuff, like I feel i'm never using the BR correctly for example.
Vote for br's

Halo 3 is probably the hardest game to play in the collection.

Aiming is harder due to some wonky acceleration and you have to lead your shots a little with the br.

Tawpgun

H3 br is the only starter weapon that takes any skill to use between the 4 games

It's the only one I feel the better shot will win

Karl2177

There are 2 different Halo 4 BTB modes, one with custom loadouts and set weapon placements, and another with set loadouts and random ordnance. How hard is it to get unified settings?

IronWarrior

Neo Member
H3 br is the only starter weapon that takes any skill to use between the 4 games

It's the only one I feel the better shot will win

I think people would have responded better to it if there was better weapon feedback. Afaik there's nothing in the game to show how to lead shots or even that you need to. I absolutely hated the Halo 3 BR when I started using it because I had no clue why I kept getting beat.

Once you figure it out though none of the other precision weapons even come close to the satisfaction of the Halo 3 BR 4-shot.

Fuchsdh

I think people would have responded better to it if there was better weapon feedback. Afaik there's nothing in the game to show how to lead shots or even that you need to. I absolutely hated the Halo 3 BR when I started using it because I had no clue why I kept getting beat.

Once you figure it out though none of the other precision weapons even come close to the satisfaction of the Halo 3 BR 4-shot.

The idea of leading your shots is just alien to most people, and I don't see it ever working that well in a world where you have auto aim or a reticle that turns red. Add in the unpredictability of network conditions and it's just a far more frustrating experience for many players.

Halo 3 is IMO the worst game in the collection when it comes to weapon feedback in general, either firing your gun or being on the receiving end.

Top Bottom