• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Got back into playing MCC again. Hoping to get all the par score and time achievements before Halo 5 comes out. If anyone is up for some MP or going for the par achievements send me a friend reqest. My GT is Zombie Lyle.

Got back into playing MCC again. Hoping to get all the par score and time achievements before Halo 5 comes out. If anyone is up for some MP or going for the par achievements send me a friend reqest. My GT is Zombie Lyle.

Par scores can be quite fun to do in co-op, haven't tried many scores but I've randomly done a few Halo 2 ones just on normal co-op with nothing extra.

Par scores can be quite fun to do in co-op, haven't tried many scores but I've randomly done a few Halo 2 ones just on normal co-op with nothing extra.

Yeah I did all the ODST ones yesterday with friends and the first 3-4 levels of Halo 3 the day before. Halo co op is always good fun.

Akai__

Ahh, the ol' elitist card lol. Not only is that false, but Halo 3 elitists are the people talking crap about Halo 5. What, you think CE "elitists" suddenly appear in droves to crap on ADS, sprint, etc.? CE diehard fans either left this franchise a long time ago or are content only playing CE in TMCC/LAN.

Think about it lol

Yeah, it's surely ONLY the Halo 3 crowd that is stating their disappointment with Halo 5. No one else is. LMAO

Maybe you should also read your own post and what you have said, because it literally has nothing to do with Halo 5. You are straight up talking solely about Halo 3 and it's fans. There was no Halo 5 talk prior to that:

Halo 3 and those who defend it are arguably the worst things to happen to this franchise. It's a damn tragedy, really.

Keep changing the topic to your liking, though. Maybe someone will fall for that.

I don't know man, beside the nostalgia factor, I don't like anything about H1 MP. I prefer 3 & 4 the most.

for BTB H3 is always the go to option for me.

I have to say, having gone back to all of them now, i really dont like the guns in H3 anymore. The maps are amazing, but those guns are so weak, lack precision, lack some punch. Halo2 on the other hand i find as aged well. Guns feel better, especially that BR.

Fedemgsuy

Hey guys, im about to drop 567 dollars for an Xbone (Uruguay and its funny prices), only for the sp campaigns on this collection, so, how are thing this days?, id like to believe the major bugs are fixed, yes?

Hey guys, im about to drop 567 dollars for an Xbone (Uruguay and its funny prices), only for the sp campaigns on this collection, so, how are thing this days?, id like to believe the major bugs are fixed, yes?
If all you're looking to do is play the campaigns, you should be perfectly fine.

Everything is somewhat fine on the singleplayer side of the MCC. I've had some missions and playlists reset on me and that was really frustrating but I've never heard many other people complaining about that. It's pretty ok now given the state it was in almost a year ago.

I've been playing quite a lot over the week with friends. Had no problems with lag or people joining. We had one crash as we were loading the first level of Halo 3 but since then not a single problem. MP can take a while to find a game some times but it's nothing too major.

jg4xchamp

Hey guys, quick question, it's been awhile since Halo 2 and 3 ranked days, but I do remember that the number next to your name meant a certain skill group you end up with, because you know that's the point.

So I'm like 8ish since I only recently restarted playing the Broken Chief Collection again, and me and these 2 other level 10ish cats got grouped with all these 1s, which I was like whatever. But it impacted the match where i scored 23 kills (had a betrayel) and our final score was 22, so you do the math.

And I'm wondering was this always a thing that would happen with matchmaking? I feel like that you were less likely to get paired with so many 1s that way, otherwise been having fun playing the game. It's annoying when you know you are going up against an actual party that is communicating, changes the whole game, but it is what it is.

As far as some of the convos of the last few pages.

Halo 2 is best Halo, AR/SMG starts are a fucking plague, Armor Lock was the dumbest thing ever in Halo, never liked BR spread, and I don't think Halo Reach is the abomination its made out to be sometimes.

Halo 1 is glorious. Especially on PC, especially back when you could fill up death island.

Look, say whatever emotion-filled response you want but it's just not true. Just because I'm commenting on the worst fans in this franchise relative to a comment ExWife made doesn't mean you have to feel personally offended by it. Say whatever you want about CE elitists, but they left a long time ago. Regardless, their arguments were never as bad as the crazy things people like jumper and others say.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
If you press the trigger it's more accurate than if you hold it. I'm not sure if that's what the issue is, but it's also a projectile-based weapon, meaning bullets physically travel over distance so you have to slightly lead your shots ahead of the player. There is some spread to it, but it's pretty accurate if you learn how to lead your shots with the direction the enemy is moving and where you're strafing.

I'll try this out in the CE playlist sometime. CE is fun but it hasn't fully gelled with me yet...but on occasion the map flow just works so well, like running circles in Rat Race shooting the powerups down in a cycle.

Halo 2 is best Halo, AR/SMG starts are a fucking plague, Armor Lock was the dumbest thing ever in Halo, never liked BR spread, and I don't think Halo Reach is the abomination its made out to be sometimes.

Halo 1 is glorious. Especially on PC, especially back when you could fill up death island.

I say this a lot but Reach is the only game with bearable AR/Pistol starts since CE, and probably has the best weapon sandbox overall. Even with stupid bloom I never felt totally outmatched by the DMR on spawn. H2/3 I might as well be throwing popcorn at people with the BR. I like that in CE at least you spawn with two powerful weapons, and nearly every pickup on the map is equally powerful (though not as versatile).

This Halo 1 campaign is a lot rougher than i remember it being. It feels like a bunch of mazes tied together with some decent combat.

But man, i can't wait to move on to halo 2 lol

So I'm installing MCC and it prompted me to download the 19GB update. No big.

Just wondering, what happened to that 50GB patch? Will that not download until I actually start the game or something?

Or is my memory faulty and it never was 50GB at all?

Welfare

So I'm installing MCC and it prompted me to download the 19GB update. No big.

Just wondering, what happened to that 50GB patch? Will that not download until I actually start the game or something?

Or is my memory faulty and it never was 50GB at all?

The patch was always ~20GB.

Halo 5 Legendary Edition
Halo 5 Xbox One Collectors Edition Console
Halo 5 Master Chief Controller

Think I'll probably skip the A50's but they are damn nice. My Stealth 500x is serving me pretty well.

Looking forward to playing Reach>CE:A>2:A>ODST>3>4 prior to release. I should really get started on that considering MGSV and Taking King are going to consume much of my time in the coming weeks.

Fuchsdh

Halo 5 Legendary Edition
Halo 5 Xbox One Collectors Edition Console
Halo 5 Master Chief Controller

Think I'll probably skip the A50's but they are damn nice. My Stealth 500x is serving me pretty well.

Looking forward to playing Reach>CE:A>2:A>ODST>3>4 prior to release. I should really get started on that considering MGSV and Taking King are going to consume much of my time in the coming weeks.

I'd love them reopening the Halo 5 Guardians beta in the MCC, even if I was limited to just toodling around in a empty custom game. Don't feel like I ever got fully comfortable with the controls, and it's going to be hard to adjust immediately.

1upmuffin

I don't know man, beside the nostalgia factor, I don't like anything about H1 MP. I prefer 3 & 4 the most.

for BTB H3 is always the go to option for me.

I still really enjoy the maps and gameplay from Halo 1. Halo 3 is good but this was my most played Halo game so I like seeing maps from 1 and 2.

I have to say, having gone back to all of them now, i really dont like the guns in H3 anymore. The maps are amazing, but those guns are so weak, lack precision, lack some punch. Halo2 on the other hand i find as aged well. Guns feel better, especially that BR.

Halo 2 holds up really well. Only got to play the original online for a bit before it shut down.

Got an Xbox One a few days ago, really enjoying MCC so far! I feel like no one picks Halo 1 maps in big team battle though, which is disappointing.

Halo 1 is my favorite and I always choose it in BTB. In fact my user tag thing is [Halo 1] just to further advertise my preference during voting.

Akai__

Halo 3 Team Hardcore went live again. I'll try it tomorrow.

Look, say whatever emotion-filled response you want but it's just not true. Just because I'm commenting on the worst fans in this franchise relative to a comment ExWife made doesn't mean you have to feel personally offended by it. Say whatever you want about CE elitists, but they left a long time ago. Regardless, their arguments were never as bad as the crazy things people like jumper and others say.

What's the matter with you? I'd really like to know, why you are degrading a whole game and it's community by saying they are the worst thing to happen to this franchise, based on a very small vocal minority. You are literally shitting on peoples opinion.

I don't even know why I took you from my ignore list. This time I'm ignoring you for good, so I don't have to deal with this bullshit anymore. No wonder HaloGAF went to shit...

What's the matter with you? I'd really like to know, why you are degrading a whole game and it's community by saying they are the worst thing to happen to this franchise, based on a very small vocal minority. You are literally shitting on peoples opinion.
I'm not the one taking this personally, so I should be asking what's wrong with you.. I'm not degrading the whole community, unless you're saying the whole community is exactly like jumperjumpz, ragnarok and jem, either being offensive or posting things that don't make a lot of sense? There's quite a difference, and I shouldn't have to explain this to you since you've been around for a long time.

I just think you view me in a certain negative light where you think I'm slamming down on my keyboard, waiting for every opportunity to shit on the entirety of Halo 3's fanbase lol. Chill out, Halo CE fans are some of the worst too. And no pun intended there ;b
I don't even know why I took you from my ignore list. This time I'm ignoring you for good, so I don't have to deal with this bullshit anymore. No wonder HaloGAF went to shit...
Alright man, good for you. I only want Halo fans to be happy; it's all I ever wanted. So if you blocking me provides you with happiness, go for it.

Hey guys, quick question, it's been awhile since Halo 2 and 3 ranked days, but I do remember that the number next to your name meant a certain skill group you end up with, because you know that's the point.

So I'm like 8ish since I only recently restarted playing the Broken Chief Collection again, and me and these 2 other level 10ish cats got grouped with all these 1s, which I was like whatever. But it impacted the match where i scored 23 kills (had a betrayel) and our final score was 22, so you do the math.

And I'm wondering was this always a thing that would happen with matchmaking? I feel like that you were less likely to get paired with so many 1s that way, otherwise been having fun playing the game. It's annoying when you know you are going up against an actual party that is communicating, changes the whole game, but it is what it is.

At first the searching looks for a close skill, party and region match, the longer the search the wider those parameters spread e.g. you'll match with whatever skills/parties are available in that playlist. Given the population these days don't expect to find close skill and party matches every time you search.

I've finally figured out the best way for me to capture games from MCC and soon Halo 5 with no need for a capture card.

Since I found out you can stream the Xbox One to Windows 10 in Very High quality (normally it's only up to High) I've decided it's the easiest way to capture footage at pretty high quality. Shadowplay is so good for it. I even made a video today comparing the quality of the four streaming settings.

Maybe I'll get some good gameplay of the new Halo 3 gametypes in hardcore soon and can cap it!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Much to my surprise, Halo 4 and CE are the MP I'm playing the most in MCC. I avoid 3 whenever possible and have mostly ignored 2, though it's definitely a lot of fun.

jem0208

I'm not degrading the whole community, unless you're saying the whole community is exactly like jumperjumpz, ragnarok and jem, either being offensive or posting things that don't make a lot of sense?
Wait a minute.

I'm not sure that's really fair, just because I like Halo 4. I don't think I've ever been offensive either.

Wait a minute.

I'm not sure that's really fair, just because I like Halo 4. I don't think I've ever been offensive either.

It's alright I think I had the same or worse hazing for liking Halo 4 too :) It wasn't my favourite Halo ever but I enjoyed Turbo, CTF and BTB plus netcode. The DLC maps had some gems but they never got the population air time needed to shine.

Wait a minute.

Yeah, one of those things is not like the others.

For my part, the more I think about and see Halo 5, the less able I am to enjoy the MCC titles. I keep trying to clamber on things and thrust around. It's like my Spartan is missing a limb.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
OH MY GOD. I got an Xbox One during the Best Buy crazy sale, and... wow. I've never played Halo 1. I'm obsessed. I fucking love it. I can't wait for this weekend when I actually have time to play.

I've played Halo 2 multiplayer some, and I've played Halo 3 campaign (remember liking it a lot) and I played the hell out of Halo 3 multiplayer. I played mainly Halo Reach's multiplayer. That's been my exposure to Halo. Haven't really cared that much despite really liking the multiplayer. Now, going back to Halo 1... I love it. It's nice to know the actual story... and the music... THE MUSIC.

Also, I'm surprised by how often I enjoy the old graphics more than the new. They made everything so bright. There are some areas that look a lot better and less boring with the new graphics, but I find myself switching to the old ones more often than I thought I would at first.

A couple things though - the environments are way too repetitive. Hoping that changes in Halo 2. Also... so like I said I played Halo 3... I can't really remember any different guns and enemies. I'm sure I'm forgetting some though.

Had my roommate managing my MCC install while I was at work. Told him what to do after the disc finished installing to get the update going. But a few hours later, I find out the update stopped at like 74% and he thought "Ready to Start" meant he had to start the game to finish the update...

Please tell me that won't screw anything up and I'll have to reinstall everything.

Dear god I've gotten so used to Mobile GAF, Desktop version almost seems strange now.

Had my roommate managing my MCC install while I was at work. Told him what to do after the disc finished installing to get the update going. But a few hours later, I find out the update stopped at like 74% and he thought "Ready to Start" meant he had to start the game to finish the update...

Please tell me that won't screw anything up and I'll have to reinstall everything.

Dear god I've gotten so used to Mobile GAF, Desktop version almost seems strange now.

Never heard of any widespread issues pertaining to "Ready to Start" in MCC, so you should be fine.

Wait a minute.

I said either offensive or just post crazy things lol. You're not offensive at all* <3 so I was talking about The Train, if you know what I'm saying.. Your dark past, jem.

choo choooo
You're the wolf in sheep's clothing jem, you're not fooling anyone! You monster.

Much to my surprise, Halo 4 and CE are the MP I'm playing the most in MCC. I avoid 3 whenever possible and have mostly ignored 2, though it's definitely a lot of fun.
I haven't been on live in months and months. I would always vote H2 or CE over H3. My biggest problem was when people picked the worst H3 maps and gametypes over the better H2/CE/H4 alternatives. Isolation, Snowbound, Epitaph, Cold Storage, Orbital and the list goes on. At work earlier I went and found my old Reach videos that I had rendered. You can't watch them anymore from Bungie's site, but you can still download them for viewing. Time flies... I can't believe H5 is only months away.

The stuff of Halo dreams:
Screenshot-Original.png

It has been literally weeks/months since we could even find a ranked match, let alone a remake One Flag on Remnant. Hoorah!

Edit:
Screenshot-Original.png

My armour can't contain this chubby. Pity we lost in over time elimination via rocket enemy 1v1 in the end but damn fine game settings there 343i. Respect.

Akai__

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally! Pretty pumped to play BRs pit flag and construct KOTH with no motion tracker.

Welp, I watched Str8 Sick for a brief time yesterday and they already talked about how the spawn system is still broken on several maps. I probably can't explain this very well, but the worst offender is appareantly Heretic, since enemies spawn on your last spawn location and because of that you are ending up trading kills back and forth the whole game. Blocking spawns doesn't work either, like it should.

I also just played my first match, KotH on Construct, and I can confirm that they seem to be broken on that map. Literally killing two guys on Closed Street/ Top Gold while controlling the Hill, blocking the spawn with a nade and the 3rd and 4th spawn right in front of me on Closed Street. Nade didn't damage them either.

The game was so freaking close and we lost by 22 points. Still pretty fun.

Hope the next patch is actually about fixing the spawn system, because they are behaving really really weird.

Bumhead

Banned
Finished Halo 2 last night for the first time ever.

My initial reaction is that it's my favourite game in the series, although I'm not sure how much that's tainted by this being my first completed run of the game and being of the Anniversary edition (which I think looks incredible, so well done 343i for that). I REALLY enjoyed it, which is quite the turn around from on the original Xbox where I started it but lost interest. I've always had a lot of love for Halo CE, but Halo 2 felt like an enormous step up in just about every way, experiencing them back to back. Particularly the storytelling and characters. I've played Halo CE and Halo 3 before and enjoyed them, but I feel like Halo 2 is the game that's finally sold me on the franchise and the Halo universe as something greater than just being a series of good games.

Went straight into Halo 3, which obviously looks kinda rough coming straight off the back of Halo 2A's cutscenes. I enjoyed Halo 3 a lot when it first came out so hopefully I still do now. Then onto 4 which will be my first time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I’m gonna play Halo for a few hours if anyone wants to hop on with me. I usually prefer CE or H4.

Played multiplayer for a few hours earlier today, was pleasently surprised the longest I had to wait on a match was ~3 minutes.

Playing CE online feels so good.

First time touching H2A, I like what I played.

Only issues I had with lag was a H3 Team Slayer match on Snowbound (why did they all vote for that?)

Top Bottom