• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy Shit, my prayers have been answered. Bless ye, 343i:

For starters, there are a few changes incoming when the next playlist update drops, which is currently targeted for next week. Let’s start with Infection.

Thanks to popular demand, Infection will be the next featured playlist in MCC. The playlist will include the following game types:

Halo 3: Braaaains, Creeping Death, Save One Bullet, Hide and Seek, Speed Demons
Halo 2: Anniversary: Infection, Cadre
Halo 4: Flood, Hivemind, Last Stand

Yaya. Now just make Action Sack and Infection permanent. Cool to see that a lot of people are enjoying that playlist.

Leyasu

Banned
Had some great games this morning. Really smooth and all.... Which are now turning to shit as people start waking up in other regions.. Zero consistency with this game.

Nowise10

Your team mate sucks and needs to move.

I am playing with randoms in Matchmaking. This is completely random when it happens. No one is doing it purposely when I get spawn killed, or when I spawn kill them. Their is zero communication going on between anyone in the game. It is just a shitty spawn system. Don't understand why you seem to not see past that. And even which, my teammate is a complete floor below me, which doesn't make much sense to spawn me up there.

Nowise10

Is MM acting up? Last night and today I have not been able to join, stuck in an inherent 'searching' screen.
It brings back bad memories.

I haven't found a match today, been searching for like 10 minutes now in two different playlist. Yesterday the game would freeze if you tried to go into your Player ID section.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Was playing Team Slayer, got Snowbound...

Screenshot-Original.png

Thought it looked familiar...

:/

The skill! It's too much for me!
#NeverPlayingCEAgainAfterIUnlockThisAchievement
All Halo games have bad spawns, but yes, CE's spawn system left room for improvement as it was the first game in the series.

No reason to get offended by how others view the games, particularly Halo 3, which I'm sure is why you posted it like that. And truth be told, there were more mistakes in Halo 3, like having weapons with terrible range and a utility weapon that was designed to be random, on top of the weakest grenades/Rockets of the series and worst movement aside from Reach sans sprint.
Was playing Team Slayer, got Snowbound...

Thought it looked familiar...

:/
lmfao I thought this same thing.

Nowise10

All Halo games have bad spawns, but yes, CE's spawn system left room for improvement as it was the first game in the series.

No reason to get offended by how others view the games, particularly Halo 3, which I'm sure is why you posted it like that. And truth be told, there were more mistakes in Halo 3, like having weapons with terrible range and a utility weapon that was designed to be random, on top of the weakest grenades/Rockets of the series and worst movement aside from Reach sans sprint.

Not getting offended,. And I understand and acknowledged that it was made over a decade ago. I'm trying to point out to Jem0208 that it isn't "very good" and "add massively to the skill gap".

Here is some more mishaps that have happened in the past 24 hours in CE

I view spawns in CE like the Wild West: You spawn, draw your Pistol and immediately start shooting at something lol

Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't, BUT you usually have a fighting chance because of how strong the Pistol is. There have been many times where I spawned into a shitty situation only to overpower the person shooting me, and that right there is an incredible feeling, something unlike other Halo games. The BR isn't strong enough to overpower people as the 1 in a 2v1, nor is its skill curve deep enough to outshoot someone who shot you first (excluding button combos, H3 BR spread and lesser skilled players shooting you first obviously).

That being said, there is skill involved to the CE spawn system, so while I understand your point that it can definitely be frustrating, it shouldn't be minimized how much of a direct impact you have on where players can potentially spawn, knowledge that you can learn to make into a honed skill.

I can't stand CE spawning with the AR as primary, when you're getting spawn killed it's useless having to switch over to the pistol. You're dead before you've fired a second shot in many cases, especially maps like Derelict or Wizard.

Akai__

So I'm pretty excited for the next content update. Looking forward to parties being perfect and games being mostly glitch free.

In all seriousness... The patch has been in the works for 3 months now. Instead of saying "more info when we are in final testing", they could at least tell us what the patch is supposed to fix. It better be a good patch, because it's probably the last patch we'll get prior to Halo 5. God knows, if they will still support this broken game after H5 releases.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
And truth be told, there were more mistakes in Halo 3, like having weapons with terrible range and a utility weapon that was designed to be random, on top of the weakest grenades/Rockets of the series and worst movement aside from Reach sans sprint.

I see this brought up a lot, what do people want in terms of range out of the utility weapon they spawn with? I think practically everyone can agree that the H4 DMR had too much range (imo even the vanilla Reach DMR was a bit much) but other than being able to counter snipers on spawn what's the upside of having a long range utility weapon? In general it makes every other gun less useful and makes the vehicles less useful (it's way easier to kill someone in the Warthog with the pistol than the H3 BR). And in H3 fighting snipers with the BR isn't that bad since the H3 sniper is by far the weakest.

I see this brought up a lot, what do people want in terms of range out of the utility weapon they spawn with? I think practically everyone can agree that the H4 DMR had too much range (imo even the vanilla Reach DMR was a bit much) but other than being able to counter snipers on spawn what's the upside of having a long range utility weapon? In general it makes every other gun less useful and makes the vehicles less useful (it's way easier to kill someone in the Warthog with the pistol than the H3 BR). And in H3 fighting snipers with the BR isn't that bad since the H3 sniper is by far the weakest.
The CE Pistol doesn't have the GOD RANGE some people believe, so I think its range felt great.

The Halo 5 version appears to have decent range that may fit that sandbox well. Reserving full judgment, but the invitational tourney and the latest Warzone footage got me excited to try it out.

Oh joy, it's the dreaded achievements that are stuck at "Done! Unlocking..."

Two of the ODST audio log ones, which I got 3 days ago. There's really nothing to do but wait, right? Since all the stuff suggested that I've read elsewhere did nothing.

Toa TAK

Banned

Two of the ODST audio log ones, which I got 3 days ago. There's really nothing to do but wait, right? Since all the stuff suggested that I've read elsewhere did nothing.

I still have two that are like that from ODST's release week.

Any day now....

orborborb

Just picked this up and there is not a single playlist which gives me games I want to play more than 25 percent of the time. I have no interest in team slayer with randoms, nor do I enjoy any gametypes where everyone starts with the same weapons. I just want any kind of Capture the Flag, Oddball, King of the Hill, Regicide, etc.

jem0208

Just picked this up and there is not a single playlist which gives me games I want to play more than 25 percent of the time. I have no interest in team slayer with randoms, nor do I enjoy any gametypes where everyone starts with the same weapons. I just want any kind of Capture the Flag, Oddball, King of the Hill, Regicide, etc.
Your only option is the Halo 4 playlist then.

Regarding CE's spawn system, it's good because it's extremely predictable and very controllable. To someone who isn't at all familiar to it, it can seem very poor. I do agree that at low level play it's not particularly great. Honestly, I'm not good enough to really take advantage of it and at first I argued that it sucked as well.

It doesn't really work at 4v4 end above though.

Akai__

I'm skeptical, that's for sure.

Me, too. I really hope they continue, but I think that just depends on how well Halo 5 is received.

Yup, especially since the promised Halo 3 and Halo Reach updates.

I still have two that are like that from ODST's release week.

Any day now....

You and me both.

Yup. I'm waiting on my 1st Audio Log aswell since ODST release. Interesting to see that I'm not the only one.

I wonder if others also had their Killjoy achievement being reset from 80is % to 3%? Or any other achievements for that matter...

It was such a pain to get Killjoys, because it's one of those achievements where they want you to play bad. I'm now at 245 Killjoys total according to my Medal page and I hope the next patch reverts it back. If I'm not mistaken, I should be at 98% then.

Fuchsdh

I did it it. I can finally rest easy.

6Fb4Ije.png

Give me some special armor in Halo 5 now

Nicely done. Got H1 and ODST LASO and H1 and H2 par time Legendary left to do myself (along with the smattering of matchmade assists and such.)

From what I've read on TrueAchievements, the "complete 'The Ark' on Legendary without getting into a vehicle" one is apparently glitched as of a few months ago... hopefully that gets fixed.

Toa TAK

Banned
I did it it. I can finally rest easy.

6Fb4Ije.png

Give me some special armor in Halo 5 now
Man I'm still working my way through it.
Nicely done. Got H1 and ODST LASO and H1 and H2 par time Legendary left to do myself (along with the smattering of matchmade assists and such.)

From what I've read on TrueAchievements, the "complete 'The Ark' on Legendary without getting into a vehicle" one is apparently glitched as of a few months ago... hopefully that gets fixed.
I hope they fix that. :/ I feel dumb for not getting it earlier.

Nowise10

I had to end up boosting the "Get 100 environmentalist medals" achievement. I got up to 40 legitimately, but after like 50 hours doing it, and I couldn't stand it anymore. Worst achievement in Halo's history by far.
But over the past 5 days, I went hard in the CE playlist and steaked over 50 teams. Woke up today with only 2 legendary medals needed for my last achievement, and ended up getting two steaks in a row. So CE is the playlist to get that one done in.

Also I remember when I did the Ark on Legendary no vehicle achievement, me and my friend got sent back about half an hour at one point. We worked our way all the way up to the scarab battle, ended up getting killed by the scarab, and were sent all the way back to the "TANK BEATS EVERYTHING" line. Shit sucked.

orborborb

Your only option is the Halo 4 playlist then.

Oops, what I meant are the modes where everyone PLAYS with the same weapon the whole game. Picking up weapons on the map is best, Halo 4's loadout system is OK too. Anything that's more variety than just everyone using the same weapon the whole game.

Fuchsdh

I had to end up boosting the "Get 100 environmentalist medals" achievement. I got up to 40 legitimately, but after like 50 hours doing it, and I couldn't stand it anymore. Worst achievement in Halo's history by far.
But over the past 5 days, I went hard in the CE playlist and steaked over 50 teams. Woke up today with only 2 legendary medals needed for my last achievement, and ended up getting two steaks in a row. So CE is the playlist to get that one done in.

Also I remember when I did the Ark on Legendary no vehicle achievement, me and my friend got sent back about half an hour at one point. We worked our way all the way up to the scarab battle, ended up getting killed by the scarab, and were sent all the way back to the "TANK BEATS EVERYTHING" line. Shit sucked.

I'd say the 1000 assists is by far the worst :)

Which reminds me, what playlists actually have KOTH? Judging by my achievement progress I'm going to hazard a guess and say I've never played a matchmaking game of it.

Erimriv

I owned the X360 for like 8 years and never bothered to play Halo... until a few weeks ago, played Reach and liked it.

Found a good X1+Kinect deal and purchased it, then ordered the MCC from amazon. After finishing Reach started to read the books in chronological order: 'Cryptum', 'Primordium', 'Sylentium', 'Contact Harvest', 'The Cole Protocol' and 'Fall of Reach'. Then played Halo Anniversary, finished it and read 'The Flood'. Today I'll finish 'First Strike' to start Halo 2. Well, I've already played Halo 2's first mission to see how are the graphics, those cutscenes are neat!

I'm reading the books and playing the games non-stop, what a discovery! Enjoying the hell out of the Halo Universe.

IHaveIce

Banned
I owned the X360 for like 8 years and never bothered to play Halo... until a few weeks ago, played Reach and liked it.

Found a good X1+Kinect deal and purchased it, then ordered the MCC from amazon. After finishing Reach started to read the books in chronological order: 'Cryptum', 'Primordium', 'Sylentium', 'Contact Harvest', 'The Cole Protocol' and 'Fall of Reach'. Then played Halo Anniversary, finished it and read 'The Flood'. Today I'll finish 'First Strike' to start Halo 2. Well, I've already played Halo 2's first mission to see how are the graphics, those cutscenes are neat!

I'm reading the books and playing the games non-stop, what a discovery! Enjoying the hell out of the Halo Universe.

Never too late to discover the Halo brilliance

Montresor

Do you get an achievement for unlocking all the achievements?

Brah, this isn't Playstation.

For real, that's one thing from Sony's side I'd like MS to adopt: some form of Platinum.

As it stands the only way an Xbox fan enjoys the idea of a "platinum" is via Trueachievements.com and their completion statistics.

Akai__

I'd say the 1000 assists is by far the worst :)

Which reminds me, what playlists actually have KOTH? Judging by my achievement progress I'm going to hazard a guess and say I've never played a matchmaking game of it.

But Assists can be done in Custom Games. Those Environmental can't. There's also only 1 map where you can do them and it doesn't show up pretty often.

I admit it takes some time to get 1000 assissts but you can get them while doing something else. Forged a boosting map just for that reason. Just takes 2 guys on a Turret (secure your Right Trigger) and a third guy dying all the time. If somebody wants it, I can upload it.

Brah, this isn't Playstation.

For real, that's one thing from Sony's side I'd like MS to adopt: some form of Platinum.

As it stands the only way an Xbox fan enjoys the idea of a "platinum" is via Trueachievements.com and their completion statistics.

I completely forgot PS did that. I think the last time i got 100% was king kong: the movie the game about the movie game.

Toa TAK

Banned
But Assists can be done in Custom Games. Those Environmental can't. There's also only 1 map where you can do them and it doesn't show up pretty often.

I admit it takes some time to get 1000 assissts but you can get them while doing something else. Forged a boosting map just for that reason. Just takes 2 guys on a Turret (secure your Right Trigger) and a third guy dying all the time. If somebody wants it, I can upload it.
I'll gladly have at it, please.

Akai__

I'll gladly have at it, please.

I'll be online in ~2 hours and upload it.

Like I said, it needs to be 2vs1 minimum. The guy wanting the assists needs to be on the Turret that is further away from the enemy and can either time his shots with the Turret or if both need assists, they can just shoot secure the Right Trigger and do something else, until the achievement pops. Took us like 15 minutes each maybe, but we also already had some assists.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'll be online in ~2 hours and upload it.

Like I said, it needs to be 2vs1 minimum. The guy wanting the assists needs to be on the Turret that is further away from the enemy. The other guy can either time his shots with the other Turret or if both need assists, they can just secure the Right Trigger and do something else, until the achievement pops. Took us like 15 minutes each maybe, but we also already had some assists.

Damn, file sharing only works when your friends are online, right?

Top Bottom