• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Toa TAK

Banned
^^Oh God I remember that (and being that guy).

I got games no problems, but the first match I played cut out during the final round, but I think that was just due to the host quitting out 'cause I was just too awesome.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am stuck at Downloading the latest matchmaking data msg

Any suggestion?

Restarted game couple of times.

Fuck man so annoying

Go home, Action Sack. You're drunk.

cl8Bc1Ch.jpg

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Hard reset worked to let me find games in other playlists...although search times still aren't super great.

But who needs op CE pistol range when you have op H3 pistol range?

J5iDv8q.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else totally in love with the Halo 5 pistol design?

Edit : oops I guess this is technically off topic, lol

Fuchsdh

I forgot how rage inducing Spartan Ops could be on Legendary.

Well, 5/10 episodes done. I finished it before on 360, I can do it again.

Get some friends!

(also did we ever figure out the last time someone asked about this if they had patched the easy way to get the achievement?)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
why do yall put yourselves through hell for achievements

go read a book or draw a picture ffs

Is Spartan Ops worth it for just the story stuff? I'm current 2/5 of the way done with the campaigns in TMCC but I hadn't considered spartan ops

The important plot elements are mostly in the chapter episodes, which you can watch by hitting Y from the Spartan Ops menu, and I'd suggest watching those if you care about the story as there's some pretty major points. The plot points in the actual missions aren't particularly noteworthy as a whole, so if all you care about is plot they're very skip-able.

If you have someone to play it with I'd still suggest playing the missions though. Even solo on lower difficulties is worth a run I'd say. (I say lower difficulties because it's balanced specifically for co-op and an instant respawn system, so it's kind of rough to go through with one person.) In general it's mostly serviceable but there are more than a couple genuinely fun portions, especially in the latter half of the season. Couple great Mantis/Scorpion runs, a really cool escape sequence, and another Lich encounter, among other things.

Sec0nd

Are there some cheap new programmable controllers on the market? I've been playing a lot of H2C at a decent level and a fair amount of the higher level players I've come across just continuously double shot. It was never that bad in the original Halo 2 and I just can't believe they are really pulling off those continuous on target double shots.

jacobeid

Banned
Hey guys!

I just realized that I have an extra code for ODST. Unfortunately, it expires TODAY.

First full member who PMs me gets it. Please only PM if you'll use it though!

:)

So I randomly unlocked the Spartan Strike nameplate. I don't recall seeing it locked before, so I'm wondering how I got that. I've never played Spartan Strike, either.

EDIT: This thing. I don't think it's linked to an achievement?

5O6ThG4h.jpg

I finished all of the MCC campaigns and forgot about Spartan Ops - I'll watch that on Youtube I guess.

I'm now over halfway through Reach as well, I've played A LOT of Halo in the last two months!

Toa TAK

Banned
So I randomly unlocked the Spartan Strike nameplate. I don't recall seeing it locked before, so I'm wondering how I got that. I've never played Spartan Strike, either.

EDIT: This thing. I don't think it's linked to an achievement?

5O6ThG4h.jpg

I think the Emblem is linked if you just plain own the game, the nameplate if you Gold all missions, and the avatar if you beat the game.

Though I would also prefer for the Spartan Strike stuff to just be unlocked. lol

I think the Emblem is linked if you just plain own the game, the nameplate if you Gold all missions, and the avatar if you beat the game.

Though I would also prefer for the Spartan Strike stuff to just be unlocked. lol

Well that's basically what happened to me because I have never owned nor touched Spartan Strike.

Perhaps it's better not to look a gift horse in the mouth, though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well that's basically what happened to me because I have never owned nor touched Spartan Strike.

Perhaps it's better not to look a gift horse in the mouth, though.

I dunno, because the Avatar is constantly unlocked and disappears time and time again. So I'm just assuming it's a glitch.

Plus, I just got the Spartan Strike nameplate a few days ago, while I know others have had it for much longer. Who knows?

Christof

Neo Member
So something I have been thinking about recently is how to better handle games where the teams are extremely lopsided (maybe because of simply worse players or some players have quit) and now one team is being destroyed.

In general its not fun for anyone and I think having the ability for a team to forfeit could be a simple solution. Could be implemented by having a button that can be ticked in the menu where if all members on a team click it, the game ends with a win for the other team.

This has the benefit where people aren't force to quit to get out of a bad game: this is currently a very understandable defense for quitting.

Finally finished off the par scores and Halo 4 legendary solo run (easier than I remember) over the weekend. I have 5485/6000 and 567/600. I'm not going to finish off the multiplayer, 3 hour and LASO achievements. Hopefully the audio log achievements for audio log 1-4 pop soon or with the next patch.

Fuchsdh

Halo 3 is such a piece of shit online, jesus christ. I wish they were given time to make it hitscan.

"Exactly as you remember it" :)

I dunno why H3 is actually in the SWAT list, though, because the switchback is painful.

Not a fan of SWAT that much, but it seems like the only place to get objective games regularly.

"Exactly as you remember it" :)

I dunno why H3 is actually in the SWAT list, though, because the switchback is painful.

Not a fan of SWAT that much, but it seems like the only place to get objective games regularly.

H4 with a party, objective is on the left side so if you have a full party it's guaranteed objective :)

Pity it's slow to find matches from Aus around 20+ ranks.

Fuchsdh

H4 with a party, objective is on the left side so if you have a full party it's guaranteed objective :)

Pity it's slow to find matches from Aus around 20+ ranks.

Well I need to grind those KOTH and CTF medals so SWAT's still my best bet for doing it fast, but thanks for the tip :)

Akai__

Played Infection for a little while yesterday. One guy betrayed like 7 team mates, until people actually had the chance to kick him. Guy had a Yellow Reputation already, which is pretty damn sad. Wished assholes didn't exist in matchmaking.

Fuchsdh

Played Infection for a little while yesterday. One guy betrayed like 7 team mates, until people actually had the chance to kick him. Guy had a Yellow Reputation already, which is pretty damn sad. Wished assholes didn't exist in matchmaking.

Was it a match on Blackout? I noticed one game I was playing a guy had -6 or so in the first round but hadn't seen what happened.

Akai__

Was it a match on Blackout? I noticed one game I was playing a guy had -6 or so in the first round but hadn't seen what happened.

It was on Rats Nest. Friendly Fire needs to go in Infection.

I also noticed when you trade kills with Flood in Halo 4, that you will get a betrayal... Like WTF? lol

Top Bottom