• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Akai__

Was this updated in the game? I noticed it awhile ago, and could have swore it wasn't there at launch.

Yes, it came with a patch, but I don't remember which one it was. :/

---

Map and Gametype are on my File Share now Toa Tak. I checked them again in Forge, so I believe they should work.

GT is AkaiGAF.

Not a fan of the shotgun design in halo 4.

How are ppl having designs on guns in halo4 is there a customization section I'm missing for guns?

Fuchsdh

---

Map and Gametype are on my File Share now Toa Tak. I checked them again in Forge, so I believe they should work.

GT is AkaiGAF.

Thanks a lot man. I'll grab it tomorrow.

Toa TAK

Banned

---

GT is AkaiGAF.

Hey, I just nabbed them from you. Thank you again for uploading these!

Akai__

so,

I have Nightfall installed, I try to play the thing through TMCC, it opens up the Halo Channel annnnndddddd it wants me to buy Nightfall. I open the link, it takes me to the store where i cant even buy it because i already own it and have it installed.

Anyone know how to get the Halo Channel to recognize that I own Nightfall already?

so,

I have Nightfall installed, I try to play the thing through TMCC, it opens up the Halo Channel annnnndddddd it wants me to buy Nightfall. I open the link, it takes me to the store where i cant even buy it because i already own it and have it installed.

Anyone know how to get the Halo Channel to recognize that I own Nightfall already?

Have you redeemed the code that came with mcc? If so try restarting the app. Also don't watch halo nightfall, its really bad.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
lmao I still haven't watched Nightfall. I keep forgetting it exists... And from what I've heard, sounds like I should probably keep forgetting.

lmao I still haven't watched Nightfall. I keep forgetting it exists... And from what I've heard, sounds like I should probably keep forgetting.

Someone on here likened it to a generic sci-fi script that was already written, then they slapped Halo onto it. That's an accurate description.

1upmuffin

I quit playing earlier this year after not having much luck ever getting a BTB game going. Has anything improved with Halo: MCC?

Experiences may vary but I've had few problems finding matches in Big Team Battle (one time I had problems I just had to restart console). Matchmaking is still slow compared to other Halo games though.

I quit playing earlier this year after not having much luck ever getting a BTB game going. Has anything improved with Halo: MCC?

Here's an Aussie BTB perspective from just last night. I hear the USA population has BTB getting more matches than us down under though.

1. Jump on with a party of 6 for Halo last night. Xbox dash party chat disconnects everyone and the MCC lobby falls apart. So we all know the routine and restart MCC completely, two friends cold reboot their Xbox's and we setup a new party chat of 6 and then join the MCC lobby through that rather than via MCC menu join. It seems to work better for us that way.

We get Remnant 1 bomb, awesome. Two on the other team quit after the first round of us defending successfully. The game is lopsided and an easy win. The game isn't even recorded in my Game History on Waypoint.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

7UniWmf.gif

2. So we increase our party to 8 and search our next game in BTB. We searched 3 times and restarted MCC in between as well as restarting the search. No matches found at all. So we go an play customs.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

3. We actually went off and played about 5 more custom games and the only ones recorded in my game history are the top 2 entries in the Waypoint pic above. No BTB and no customs recorded?

I truly hope other players and parties are having a better time than us down under. We've been searching BTB on and off each week for months. It's rarely able to play more than one game early in the night, don't even start me on party chat and lobby stability.

Finally finished all the campaigns on legendary. Just need to do Halo 4 legendary solo and 3 par scores in Halo CE and then I'm done getting achievements for this game. Very close to hitting my target of 5500 (I've got 5405).

If anyone is up for Halo CE par scores (Assault On the Control Room, Two Betrayals and Keyes) add me on Xbox. My GT is Zombie Lyle.

Halo 4 finished and with that I have completed all of the campaigns of MCC!

I'm going to play Halo Reach on 360 in the next few weeks and watch Nightfall.. but I am basically done! It took me 60 hours including my time on multiplayer, and overall I'm very pleased.

Story wise I felt Halo 4 was strong, but the mission scope for the most part felt a little weak compared with the others. Hype for Halo 5 though!

After playing Halo 1 & 2 on Heroic, I think i'll go into Halo 3 playing it on normal. I just found the games to be too frustrating at times, really taking some of the joy out of the experience.

Off-topic - Is their still not a thread to talk about halo 5 or a halo general? I don't know if NeoGAF's ban on halo general discussion is still in tact.

On-topic - So is the infection/flood playlist out for the MCC yet? if so how is it? just want to see if its a broken mess of a playlist or if its enjoyable.

Fuchsdh

Off-topic - Is their still not a thread to talk about halo 5 or a halo general? I don't know if NeoGAF's ban on halo general discussion is still in tact.

On-topic - So is the infection/flood playlist out for the MCC yet? if so how is it? just want to see if its a broken mess of a playlist or if its enjoyable.

Nope. There can be Halo 5-related threads for news, but there won’t be an OT until shortly before the game drops. There’s a lore thread you can check out if you’re story-inclined.

Infection seems solid, but I only got to play two games. Never got to play much H3 Infection so the H2A and H3 options are great.

jem0208

We moved the general Halo OT to another site after getting locked.

Nope. There can be Halo 5-related threads for news, but there won’t be an OT until shortly before the game drops. There’s a lore thread you can check out if you’re story-inclined.

Infection seems solid, but I only got to play two games. Never got to play much H3 Infection so the H2A and H3 options are great.

Well thats good at least we can talk about news and the lore thread sounds interesting, I love me some halo lore. think you could link them to me (The current news thread and the lore thread)?

Cool good to hear, hopefully infection/flood turn out to be good balanced playlists.

We moved the general Halo OT to another site after getting locked.

Oh so you guys did that after all huh? I heard talks that people would start doing that but I didn't see anything turn up before I lost track of this thread. so where did you guys take off to?

Fuchsdh

Well thats good at least we can talk about news and the lore thread sounds interesting, I love me some halo lore. think you could link them to me (The current news thread and the lore thread)?

Cool good to hear, hopefully infection/flood turn out to be good balanced playlists.

Oh so you guys did that after all huh? I heard talks that people would start doing that but I didn't see anything turn up before I lost track of this thread. so where did you guys take off to?

Sorry for being unclear, I meant that people can create Halo 5-related news threads, not that there's a general news thread for Halo 5.

The lore thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809026

The more general HaloGAF stuff is off-site at slaent.com

Karl2177

After playing Halo 1 & 2 on Heroic, I think i'll go into Halo 3 playing it on normal. I just found the games to be too frustrating at times, really taking some of the joy out of the experience.

Halo 3 is arguably the easiest of the games. The next to last mission might give you fits, but other than that Halo 3 Heroic is substantially easier than Halo CE and Halo 2 Heroic.

Halo 3 is arguably the easiest of the games. The next to last mission might give you fits, but other than that Halo 3 Heroic is substantially easier than Halo CE and Halo 2 Heroic.
Yeah, it's really a market change, and I think for the better.
Certainly coming from 2 anyway.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
The CE Pistol doesn't have the GOD RANGE some people believe, so I think its range felt great.

The Halo 5 version appears to have decent range that may fit that sandbox well. Reserving full judgment, but the invitational tourney and the latest Warzone footage got me excited to try it out.

Look at this raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange
and then he pings you with one shot

But yeah, the CE pistol works well in BTB because it's still 2x zoom (and a range to match) and because even if you find a spot to start a shooting gallery from the potential TTK is so short you're always in danger, unlike in H4 where you could practically always thrust to cover when getting out DMR'd.

H5 pistol with post beta changes looks amazing, and I really liked the beta version.

Look at this raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange
and then he pings you with one shot
hahahah yeah, that wasn't planned ;b

I was standing at the max range, so the couple steps I took towards him was why he could hit me.
But yeah, the CE pistol works well in BTB because it's still 2x zoom (and a range to match) and because even if you find a spot to start a shooting gallery from the potential TTK is so short you're always in danger, unlike in H4 where you could practically always thrust to cover when getting out DMR'd.

H5 pistol with post beta changes looks amazing, and I really liked the beta version.
Yupp, and the slower rate of fire is growing on me because it seems to have a decent range and is a 5sk. I can't wait to use it.

btags

Unpopular opinion time. Finally watched Halo Nightfall and it was...okay. Not good, but not as terrible as I've read some people say it is.

It was ok. My main problem with it was that it could have been made without the halo brand attached to it. Almost everything in the movie could have existed in a generic scifi horror flick. It just was not uniquely halo. At least Forward unto dawn had a cool portrayal of a covenant invasion and some decent combat against the covenant.

Does anybody know of a good master chief statue under $150 USD? I'm just not really digging the one in halo 5 as I have no need for a Locke figure.

I was thinking of the Neca 18" figure on amazon for $99.

Or the kotobukiya artfx $130 12" figure.

Fuchsdh

It was ok. My main problem with it was that it could have been made without the halo brand attached to it. Almost everything in the movie could have existed in a generic scifi horror flick. It just was not uniquely halo. At least Forward unto dawn had a cool portrayal of a covenant invasion and some decent combat against the covenant.

To me that's less an issue than is how it just didn't seem to change up anything. We learned a little about Locke—but it really didn't work as an origin story. We got to see another Spartan—who once again
dies, because apparently we didn't get enough of the "here's a new Spartan! Now they die!" events in Halo Legends. At this point, it's a trope and a stupid one at that.
The other characters were mostly uninteresting or annoying, except for Macer (who doesn't seem to have any immediate relevance going forward so it doesn't seem to matter.)

We didn't get any clarification on what the element was (which might have been a good thing given the pseudoscience involved), and why the Lekgolo were suddenly focused on technology or flying around everywhere. There was really no point in returning to the Halo.

All that adds up to... pointless, for me.

On the topic of CE, since I was playing a lot of that and SWAT for working on matchmaking achievements.... it's pretty impressive people don't figure out the pistol is the superior weapon. Went 36-3 on Wizard with two guys who just didn't get it (also the powerup respawns on that map are ridiculous.)

Yeah, it's really a market change, and I think for the better.
Certainly coming from 2 anyway.

i'm just so burned out from bad checkpoints and cheesing the overwhelming odds that Halo 1 and 2 present in Heroic that I just want to experience H3 again without feeling annoyed half the time. I've already played H1-3 before when they came out so i tried Heroic this time around to mix things up but it just ended up making me wish i hadn't

heh, I'm doing CE on legendary. Truth and Reconcilation has me itching to step it down to heroic really badly.

but I kind of like how playing on legendary forces you to kind of nut up, I've never realized how much mileage you can get out of a plasma pistol before...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
CE on Legendary is SO SATISFYING tho. Stick with it. It can be hard as hell sometimes, but just play methodically and cautiously and you'll manage. I believe in u.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Infection is up! Can't wait to dig in.

Don't get your hopes too high. I tried searching earlier today for about 10 minutes and I never got a single player.

I stopped and tried Team Slayer and got a game in about 2 seconds :( Reach Infection just isn't the same.

^Strange, I do it and I get a full game in like 30 seconds to a minute. Try hard rebooting your system.

The Island Plaza level for Halo 4 Flood in the playlist is really cool but it has bad visual glitches where areas of the map or the skybox just disappear depending where you are

H2A Zanzibar is AWFUL though, everyone camps up in the one same spot and its very difficult to get up there as an Infected

IronWarrior

Neo Member
^Strange, I do it and I get a full game in like 30 seconds to a minute. Try hard rebooting your system.

The Island Plaza level for Halo 4 Flood in the playlist is really cool but it has bad visual glitches where areas of the map or the skybox just disappear depending where you are

H2A Zanzibar is AWFUL though, everyone camps up in the one same spot and its very difficult to get up there as an Infected

I have my X1 set to fully turn off each time, but a hard reset might clear other data that's causing the problem, so I'll try it!

And it can't possibly be worse than Asylum Infection.

Top Bottom