• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 |OT| Warranty For Suckers

Tecnniqe

Banned
Jep, Im curious if they get a nerf. Can every Leader get a Spartan ? I feel a bit lucky that I got one, this is the best legendary unit right ?
They need to increase the cooldown and make the cooldown start when you drop them in at the very least. Right now I can grab any non uber unit in about a sec and there is literally nothing you can do about it. Shame about your 180 cost cards LUL

And about the time you destroy it I'll just take this other one LULUL
Fairly certain only Issabel can use them
Each basic commander have 1 of the 3.

Akai__

But overall, the campaign was a good build, more complex and interesting than 1's missions, while still respecting the work Ensemble put out.

How is it more complex? You are literally just playing MP modes against the AI in the Campaign Missions most of the time and even have a cheap
Tower Defence
mission. Nothing about it feels more complex and it's also really not respecting any work Ensemble put out, in my eyes.

Halo Wars 1 is still the better and more complex game to me.

FyreWulff

How is it more complex? You are literally just playing MP modes against the AI in the Campaign Missions most of the time and even have a cheap
Tower Defence
mission. Nothing about it feels more complex and it's also really not respecting any work Ensemble put out, in my eyes.

Halo Wars 1 is still the better and more complex game to me.

I beat most of Halo Wars 1's missions by just going all income at the start and brute forcing through the encounters quickly.

Wars 2 at least tries to ask you to actually manage your units around the map or macro them a little for the "boss fights". I didn't think the
Tower Defense was a bad thing, but actually painting lanes on the minimap was probably a bit much on the nose
. About the only time 1 asked that of you was for the Super Scarab mission.

About the only time they dipped back into the well was the Kodiak mission which was a reprise of the Rhino mission from 1.

edit: respectfully, both of the campaigns are about teaching you the mechanics to go into multiplayer with

m23

Really enjoying Blitz mode. A lot of players still don't seem to realize the importance of collecting the energy.

Fuchsdh

gif_v2.gif

Posted our Halo Wars 2 story review, for those interested, in text and video form.

So has anybody lately been crashing to desktop constantly on the UWP version, been doing it ever since the patch installed.
Weird thing is it worked once but now it won't load past the ark illustration.

I just let it sit for a while and it eventually loaded. It is mentioned in the patchnotes, so they know about it at least

Yeah, it came through, sure enough. Just went and read the patch notes.

Ehh. We'll see.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with Win10Store and UWAs, to a lesser extent. I'm not without an Xbox One, so if stuff gets borked, I'm square outta luck.

So on launch night the game crashed 100% of the time on loading into a mode until I installed new drivers, then it worked without issues.

Then the other night (before the update yesterday) without changing anything on my PC, it was back to crashing on load into any and every mode, and if it didn't crash, then it would just load infinitely. Then suddenly loading the autosave worked.

Now today first attempt loading the game just hard crashes, so I try the auto save, hard crash again. Try a third time and get infinite loading.

How in the fuck does a game with "Halo" in the title ship post-MCC and have issues like this. It is absolutely fucking disgraceful. I guess I have to install it on the Xbox One and hope it works there because this PC version is just a fucking disaster for me. Unbelievable.

hwalker84

Really enjoying Blitz mode. A lot of players still don't seem to realize the importance of collecting the energy.

Or just assisting your teammate. I had a guy that took A and never moved. I took B and C and fought 2v1 the rest of the match as he didn't do anything whatsoever. I even sent him a message mid match like "Hey man attack!"

m23

Or just assisting your teammate. I had a guy that took A and never moved. I took B and C and fought 2v1 the rest of the match as he didn't do anything whatsoever. I even sent him a message mid match like "Hey man attack!"

I've only been playing solo. I can't stand team mates not having mics.

Fuchsdh

Yeah these guys I just don't get. There's no way to win that way, it's patently obvious, but some people just don't even bother gathering anything, they sit and hold a position and lose. It's really odd.

Proelite

Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed my crashes yesterday. Fingers crossed that I can finish the campaign and play MP without running into any more crashes.

sam777

I have pretty much exclusively played Blitz until now however I have just played a domination game and I was confused what the little human symbol means with a number next to it?

Thanks

B3N1

I think this is the buggiest, most unstable game I played on the X1 so far (only did Campaign in MCC). How the fuck did this pass QA?

Had a match where I quit after staring at the loading screen for 5 minutes, then in fhe next one, the screen just froze, sound effect started looping and after a minute I got thrown out of the match.

This kind of stuff would even be tame for the beta (which I didn't play much of).

Thoufh it brings back some nostalgia about when we played 2 hr long Fort Deen defense matches in HW1 and the game depended on my shitty network provider.

Seeing the Jobs page on CA's website, at least know about the problems, hope the game gets stable soon.

I have pretty much exclusively played Blitz until now however I have just played a domination game and I was confused what the little human symbol means with a number next to it?

Thanks
I think you're referring to the population limit.

depward

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-2-public-api-announce

Public API, cool. Always want more stats and the Service record is pretty limited.

Awesome. Love how open they are in regards to being able to grab data and use it for enhanced stats and application development.

Their use cases are interesting too, in regards to being able to potentially pull out stats that look at build order optimization and other things that could really show some good winning trends aside from simply deck customization (Blitz) or overall army builds (regular MP).

FyreWulff

this post is not a complaint

it's kinda weird that the Vulture became a "regular" unit, shrunk down, and then they made the Condor the UNSC super unit, which is pretty much HW1's vulture with a different skin

Proelite

Just finished the Campaign. Halo 2 all over again, except the campaign is half as long. Y they got to leave me so thirsty.

Omni

I just realised that I bought the season pass with my edition

What comes with it? Haha. I saw a short description but it didn't mention anything about new maps. But surely it would, right?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I just realised that I bought the season pass with my edition

What comes with it? Haha. I saw a short description but it didn't mention anything about new maps. But surely it would, right?
New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.

Future multiplayer maps will also be available for free to all players, regardless of whether they purchased the Season Pass.

It's always something with this game. It starts up fine and goes through the intros. Then it's just a black screen with the music playing and I can't do anything.

I just let it sit for a while and it eventually loaded. It is mentioned in the patchnotes, so they know about it at least

I'll let it sit and see what happens.

zeox

It's always something with this game. It starts up fine and goes through the intros. Then it's just a black screen with the music playing and I can't do anything.

I'll let it sit and see what happens.

I had to let it sit for at least 5 minutes on the black screen the first time i booted up after the patch game out. Really dumb

Proelite

Forge's warthog in Firefight is the most OP unit. Tanky, long ranged, fast, and has a AOE clear.

Love it but it's going to get nerfed.

Omni

New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.

Future multiplayer maps will also be available for free to all players, regardless of whether they purchased the Season Pass

Oh sweet, I hadn't heard about this at all! I hope there's a few seeing as there doesn't seem to be many in the base game

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh sweet, I hadn't heard about this at all! I hope there's a few seeing as there doesn't seem to be many in the base game
Map pack $DLC is dumb for games. Splits the community and their post launch have been good, just a shame it launched in a poor state where some features was useless :3

Now the next patch + balance 1.0 will surely rectify most problems. At least that's the hope.

FyreWulff

Yeah it took a while but publishers eventually figured out you make more money by giving maps to everyone and selling MTs to use on said maps rather than making them buy the maps and splitting the game into like 3-6 permutations

(it also helped that you aren't forced to release new content as separate file downloads due to limitations of the OS/hardware on 360)

Reinstalled my game last night (PC) hoping to fix my crashing issue and launched it this morning, loaded a save, and it hard crashed again. Guess I have to play this on XB1. Thank goodness for "Play Anywhere" and thank goodness I have a XB1 otherwise I'd literally be unable to play this brand new, $80 video game with Halo in the title.

Top Bottom