• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Gui_PT said:
Forgive me for being a party pooper but I did not enjoy the new animations on that cutscene.

Yes, I know they're not finished but despite Halo CE's animations in the cutscenes being much more simple, they gave Masterchief a cool body language. Now he's all... moving and doing all these gestures.

Also, why did they changed some shots in the cutscenes? I loved the old shots.

Other than that, everything's perfect!

Thank you for all the links everyone!!! :D
I noticed this, too. The low mode dolly shot of Chief creeping up to Jenkins' helmet was changed. Why I ask? Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVoyzwA4xzo&feature=related#t=0m39s

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Solitary is effing magnificent. It captures that mysterious, isolated, alien feel of CE so well.

It's amazing how much story can be imagined from something as simple as that broken circular window (seen in the walk through video here). You have to wonder: who/what broke out of the facility, and how did they break out?

So good. :-D

Syracuse022 said:
After rewatching the pistol montage numerous times, I'm a little bit nervous that not a single zoomed shot was fired and lybertyboy said it was created "from the Reach pistol." Surely they wouldn't make me play Hang Em without 2x zoom?
But the Reach pistol already has 2x zoom...? I really doubt they'd take the scope off of the CE version of the pistol.

So who thinks 343 guilty spark looks a little off? I personally think it needs to be a little bit more foggy. It looks awesome, just off. It doesn't feel the same. On the other hand I love all the detail. Just darken it up.

Epyon MX said:
New Helmet Shots:
6083700582_ee425c23e3_o.png

6083159031_940da1accf_o.png

6083700658_78d4404a3f_o.png

Damn, that looks perfect. Obviously, better than before, and (to me) better than the box art:
halo_anniversary.png

I would flip out if we got this Chief in the MP armory.

Looks so good.

Syracuse022 said:
After rewatching the pistol montage numerous times, I'm a little bit nervous that not a single zoomed shot was fired and lybertyboy said it was created "from the Reach pistol." Surely they wouldn't make me play Hang Em without 2x zoom?

The Reach Pistol does have zoom though.

I wonder if using the old graphics will show us the old cutscenes? Considering cutscenes are filmed in engine I was hoping the same animations would remain but depending on the back button mode the graphics would change.

omg.kittens said:
But the Reach pistol already has 2x zoom...? I really doubt they'd take the scope off of the CE version of the pistol.
LOL. Shows how much I play Reach. Thanks for the clarification. I can't fucking wait for November 15th.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
"Space diaper"? :/ I've never heard the cod piece referred to that as such. And the MC looks worse without it.

Yea. I'm sorry but on that 343 are in the wrong. Just man up and bring back the space diaper.

Demoncarnotaur said:
So who thinks 343 guilty spark looks a little off? I personally think it needs to be a little bit more foggy. It looks awesome, just off. It doesn't feel the same. On the other hand I love all the detail. Just darken it up.

Funny, I just posted the same at gamersyde.
I looks way too bright imo. I just loved the feeling of the original. Kinda creepy....the fog and not knowing where to go. The remake does not look dark enough.

aegies

PsychoRaven said:
Yea they were running late like normal. It's up though now.

We were on time, thankyouverymuch. We don't start til the panel does.

And again, if you have problems, tweet at me @aegies. It's the easiest way for me to find out if there are problems with the shitty net access I have here.

ElRenoRaven

aegies said:
We were on time, thankyouverymuch. We don't start til the panel does.

And again, if you have problems, tweet at me @aegies. It's the easiest way for me to find out if there are problems with the shitty net access I have here.

I was talking about the fest. Of course you guys were on time. But you can't start till they do.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. I'm sorry but on that 343 are in the wrong. Just man up and bring back the space diaper.

Agreed. Don't be bold and do something like that. I have never seen or heard a single complaint about the codpiece. Its a part of the chief, always has been, so just put it the fuck back.

Were they just making up answers, or did they really say "Yeah that looks like a diaper, going to remove it and put a black hole where Chief's junk should be"?

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
Agreed. Don't be bold and do something like that. I have never seen or heard a single complaint about the codpiece. Its a part of the chief, always has been, so just put it the fuck back.

Were they just making up answers, or did they really say "Yeah that looks like a diaper, going to remove it and put a black hole where Chief's junk should be"?

Yes in that short video the guy said it's known in circles as the space diaper and that yes yes he no longer has it.

senador said:

How do you even know Master Chief has junk?

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Yes in that short video the guy said it's known in circles as the space diaper and that yes yes he no longer has it.

I watched and saw it, I was just trying to figure out if that was an excuse or a real thing. IT just seems so weird. I am not a fan of the new Chief look. I sure hope he evolves into something nice looking.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Waypoint Forums are going to have moderators chosen by some sort of ongoing vote system? Am I hearing that right? Huh. I wonder how that'll work out.

Homeboyd

omg.kittens said:
The Waypoint Forums are going to have moderators chosen by some sort of ongoing vote system? Am I hearing that right? Huh. I wonder how that'll work out.
I vote for you.

What about Community Cartographers!?

:(

omg.kittens said:

I just stay the hell away from official game forums. Was never on bungie.net either.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
343 are really hitting it out of the ballpark. They're doing so many great things, and they've only just started.

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:

Not voted on. Basically BS Angel will be going and picking some people she feels worthy as moderators. Personally having experience with their experience I can say I feel for them.

Grisby

Syphon Filter said:
If you preorder Halo:CEA do you get the avatar code right away or do you need to wait till launch?

I think it comes on the receipt when you get the game, unless they have a pack in or something. Thats usually how gamestop does it.

Top Bottom