• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Demoncarnotaur said:
I thought he said new armor unlocks, such as armory items, but Im not sure now.
Yeah, that's what I heard. I laughed when they misunderstood him, though. Kid just got cheated out of his moment of glory.

feel

zsomrt.jpg

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
http://gyazo.com/51ff357a26c060d4125a15ebd5f27007.png[IMG]

Reference to ODST, I love it![/QUOTE]

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......ahhhhh.

Oh was that out loud? Sorry about that.

Its like a master troll on their part to have every awesome video have either armor lock, jetpack or both in full usage. Map looks great and very faithful to the original.

Voltron64

Headlong looks great in the reach engine. I'm pretty sure I had a smile on my face while watching that video...until the armor lock showed up.

feel

koshunter said:
Its like a master troll on their part to have every awesome video have either armor lock, jetpack or both in full usage. Map looks great and very faithful to the original.
These map reveals it's like they're gifting someone a chest of gold coins, covered in feces. I mean, the gold coins are nice and all but c'mon!!! :(

with no fanfare like that, i almost wonder if IGN inadvertently leaked that one a bit early?

wonder if the headlong announcement was supposed to be during the Multiplayer panel later this weekend...

Havok

oddworld18 said:
wonder if the headlong announcement was supposed to be during the Multiplayer panel later this weekend...
I'd guess that was the case, but people figured it out from the behind-the-scenes video this morning. Maybe they just decided to put it out there.

HOLY SHIT!

Yes!

Yeah Im thinking IGN leaked that. I also think they released the other videos before too early. Why the hell would they show off that map like that without announcing it? lol.

But uh, yeah. Headlong looks the same and yet amazing! Just needs some foliage on the ground IMO. =P

So. Hyped.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
oddworld18 said:
with no fanfare like that, i almost wonder if IGN inadvertently leaked that one a bit early?

Yeah, I have a feeling that's probably the case. Whatever, the fans will still freak out when it's officially revealed at the panel. It's HEADLONG!

HEADLONG! sweet. nice stuff today 343. keep it all coming.

i can't wait to read halogaf in 6 months when the new maps/anniversary/TU weren't enough to cleanse the game.

edit:
Devolution said:
IGN, you asshats, how many times am I going to have to see that Straw Dogs trailer.

seriously. though i feel like there is a halogaf gif in there somewhere.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
IGN, you asshats, how many times am I going to have to see that Straw Dogs trailer.

Odd I never see any ads there. ;p

So I have to say the maps chosen for Anniversary really are some amazing maps when combined with the remakes already out there in Reach. Turn off Armor abilities and you have some amazing classic Halo gameplay.

feel

Are the halogaffers at the halofest talking about their experience somewhere? Doesn't seem like 20 of us are there. Maybe they're waiting to get to the hotel tonight to do some posting?

Sai-kun

Banned
Letters said:
Are the halogaffers at the halofest talking about their experience somewhere? Doesn't seem like 20 of us are there. Maybe they're waiting to get to the hotel tonight to do some posting?

When you're at a con, it's hard to just get your head together and write down your experience while you're waiting in line or actually in the building somewhere. I'm sure when PAX closes for the night that people will come back and post impressions :)

Vire said:
Headlong pics now plz. I missed it in the stream. :(

Wasn't in the stream, just a random video IGN put out :)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/26/halo-fest-halo-anniversary-warthog-violence

Devolution said:

I just realized everyone is talking about ads!

I use Firefox with "ad blocker plus" add on. Keeps those pesky ads away.

Letters said:

They can play the TU on the floor right now. I don't expect them to be on here.

Vire

That's genuinely surprising considering it's a Halo 2 map.

Ah, words can't describe how happy I am.
Tashi0106 said:
Headlong and Prisoner man, that's legit. I <3 Bungie

This.

wwm0nkey

Syphon Filter said:
Headlong was nothing special,dont see why people are happy.
Get out of here with that. 1 sided objectives where the best things ever on that map, hell any Big team game typed worked flawlessly on that map.

Vire

wwm0nkey said:
Get out of here with that. 1 sided objectives where the best things ever on that map, hell any Big team game typed worked flawlessly on that map.
Assault and One Flag have never been better. I'm serious.

AND it's a badass Snipers map.

Toddler

The multiplayer Vi Doc made me lump. I was skeptical till I saw that, 343 gets much love.

Has any word been dropped on when the beta hoppers start?

Spasm

I guess I'm the only one who's pretty meh on Headlong. Might be from a bad experience though... a 9 hour game.

As for Timberland, I'll gladly take it, but it's the PC version's 2nd boringest BTB-sized map. Ice Fields, Danger Canyon, Gephyrophobia, and especially Death Island all kick it in the jimmy. Hard. Infinity can die in a fire.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Toddler said:
The multiplayer Vi Doc made me lump. I was skeptical till I saw that, 343 gets much love.

Has any word been dropped on when the beta hoppers start?
It's been said that the TU is launching late September, and the beta hoppers are launching in October. Although, I don't see the point of launching the TU if the beta list isn't accessible yet...?

Spasm said:
I guess I'm the only one who's pretty meh on Headlong. Might be from a bad experience though... a 9 hour game.
Why would you do that? :-O

Vire

Franklinator said:
If they're going to add Halo 2 maps, it would be amazing if they added Zanzibar. That's my favorite map of any Halo game
They tried that with Last Resort, remember how that went? Let sleeping dogs lie..

Top Bottom