• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
wwm0nkey said:
so lets see

Awesome Title Update *check*
Improved Master Chief in CEA *check*
Cool new Firefight map *check*
HEADLONG HEADLONG HEADLONG *check*
Custom Challenges *check*

This is only from one day. I love 343.
Seriously. Halo couldn't be in better hands.

Kibbles

op_ivy said:
hang em high?
It was in the reveal trailer.

OF28Q.png

ElRenoRaven

Lyphen said:
Seriously. Halo couldn't be in better hands.

I'm not that quick to say that yet. They are doing some things right but there are still some things I don't agree with. Right now they're showing more promise though. But I'll wait till they fix that codpiece to say it's in good hands. lol

MrBig said:
As will I. Not the same as breaking out their as a player though.

Also I now have a transfer cable and can pull Reach screenshots directly from my HDD without compression if you would like me to make some more pano's when this comes out.
Sure, that'd be awesome. I started putting screenshots on an USB stick today, and extracting them on my PC. The Tempest panorama I posted earlier was one of the 'bigger' ones. I've been trying to make some other ones, however, but the ones I had biggest hopes for have all turned out horrible so far. These are the only two that turned out OK, the rest was either warped beyond comprehension or made Photoshop crash while it was merging them (for some reason this always happens when I try to make a pano of Unearthed's skybox).

If you want to get technical, this is the only one that worked out, and I'm not all that happy with it either. The other one is a cut-down version, as I had to cut the top part of the pano that showed an orbital round coming in. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Spasm said:
This was back when Banshee boosting was all the griefing-rage and there were no sudden death time limts. Team of turds took the bomb outside the map, I refused to drop. My own fault for being a stubborn prick.
For nine hours? You are stubborn, haha.

Tunavi said:
BS angel reminds me of carla from scrubs.

hey i am not a scrub

Scrub

Kibbles said:
HAVE MY BABIES 343.

so where's the BR?

We haz pistol now. Who gives a fuck about the BR lol?

Seriously the news today was damn impressive, surpassed my expectations.

I kinda miss the old-school, stone-looking Forerunner designs from Halo 1. I'm not really feeling the highly-detailed, embossed metallic walls that constitute Forerunner design nowadays. I know it's been that way for past few games, but seeing the newly-designed Forerunner structure on "Installation 04" made me a little disappointed.

Oh well, guess it's just not my cup of tea. Game still looks fun.

ElRenoRaven

Summary Man said:
I kinda miss the old-school stone-looking Forerunner designs from Halo 1. I'm not really feeling the highly-detailed, embossed metallic walls that constitute Forerunner design nowadays. I know it's been that way for past few games, but seeing the newly-designed Forerunner structure on "Installation 04" made me a little disappointed.

To each their own I say. That's the beauty of the game though. You can play with classic graphics or new. So that way everyone can be happy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's gonna be nice to see Marty and Franklez on the same stage, just like old times.

Kibbles

Steelyuhas said:
Scrub

We haz pistol now. Who gives a fuck about the BR lol?

Seriously the news today was damn impressive, surpassed my expectations.
Can't have the Halo 2 feel without the BR.

Halo Universe Panel is on, should be good :)

Karl2177

PsychoRaven said:
To each their own I say. That's the beauty of the game though. You can play with classic graphics or new. So that way everyone can be happy.
I think he means in general. The look of them all over is no longer the basic metallic feel like in Beaver Creek or Halo.

Sean said:
The only other map I really want remade now is "Terminal" from Halo 2 (the map with the train in the middle). Hopefully that will make it into Halo 4.
Halo 4 needs:

Header_Ivory_Tower.jpg

280px-Ascension.png

Lockout546.jpg

Also the same look and everything,none of that bullshit Bungie did.

wwm0nkey

Kibbles said:
Can't have the Halo 2 feel without the BR.

Halo Universe Panel is on, should be good :)
DMR=BR for Halo 2 classic settings probably

Pistol=pistol for Halo CE :lol

Also we have an Ivory Tower and Ascension remake so we are good on the Halo 2 remake front too.

Monocle

343 has surpassed my expectations with what they've revealed today. The pistol, the maps, the armor ability fixes, Master Chief's updated classic look...they know what the fans want and they're giving it to us. Couldn't ask for more.

Except maybe a livestream that actually functions, but I guess that's one for IGN.

Summary Man said:
I kinda miss the old-school, stone-looking Forerunner designs from Halo 1. I'm not really feeling the highly-detailed, embossed metallic walls that constitute Forerunner design nowadays. I know it's been that way for past few games, but seeing the newly-designed Forerunner structure on "Installation 04" made me a little disappointed.

I agree.

ElRenoRaven

Karl2177 said:
Holy snotrockets, IGN's stream is the biggest POS ever. THIS AUTO QUALITY SELECTION IS BULLSHIT.

Guess I'm lucky. It's been running great me. Crystal clear and great audio minus the glitch that got fixed really quick once they were notified.

Lingitiz

Syphon Filter said:
Halo 4 needs:

Header_Ivory_Tower.jpg

280px-Ascension.png

Lockout546.jpg

Also the same look and everything,none of that bullshit Bungie did.
I don't know. I feel like Bungie's Halo maps should be done after CEA. 343 needs to carve their own identity and relying on the past maps might take away from that.

Ivory Tower and Lockout have both been done already and they were never as good as the originals. As for Ascension, the forge remake in Reach made me take off the rose tinted glasses and realize I never liked it much unless it was Tower of Power.

feel

Really can't wait for the multiplayer panel and hopefully they shed some light on what we'll actually be playing. All these additions and nerfs are great but so far the vids keep showing gametypes with everything new and old included for the sake of having people look at all the changes, completely ignoring any notion of balance or fairness.

neoism

wwm0nkey said:
One good thing about Headlong is that it needs pretty much 0 change to work with Halo: Reach's play style.
Even though I know your not. that sounds like your making fun of headlong :p

DJ88

PsychoRaven said:
ROFLMAO

OMG the outtakes of Steve as Chief dying are hilarious. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha, I recognized a lot of those from my many times falling off of cliffs in Halo 1.

GhaleonEB

Lots of thoughts about today, which I'll convey later on, when I have more time. The TU details are great, and the disappointments are ones of omission, not inclusion. (Banshee nerf? Player inertia? Grenades?) But the fact is, the change list will make Reach better (or in the case of the Halo 1 pistol, nostalgic). So for that I'm happy.

HaloFest is well laid out and a lot of fun. The store is a touch pricey ($17 for Grunt plushies.)

The new maps are gorgeous. I haven't had a chance to play - later today or tomorrow for that - but my impression is that they were well selected, the visual updates are well thought out and visually they are incredible. Also, Headlong. Boom.

Off to a panel, and then dinner, and then the hotel, where I'll finally get some down time. I'm covered in sweat, and I'm pretty sure only half of it is mine.

Good stuff today.

Top Bottom