• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Monocle

It's a shame Marty didn't answer that question about the evolution of Halo's music. That little remark about the music in future games ruined it. Sigh.

Vire

Monocle said:
It's a shame Marty didn't answer that question about the evolution of Halo's music. That little remark about the music in future games ruined it. Sigh.
No it was awesome. Marty is moving on and I can't wait to hear what he's got in store for the new franchise. The man is too genius to be condemned to Halo for the rest of his life.

Great panel, really enjoyed that one.

Hands on with the remade maps:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190926p1.html

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
After I shower I will take a scoop around the news media world and add whatever I find to the OT.

For anyone just joining the OT should have some good stuff to catch up with!

Omg, that panel was absolutely amazing. So funny.

Also, that second terminal video was nice, but it was already on IGN. I am pretty certain they have been posting stuff too early all day, but ah well.

Anyways, Headlong. Any official word? Is it on the floor at all? Ghaleon knew about it, so unless he got it from reading here maybe we will have more news soon.

Vire

Demoncarnotaur said:

Also, that second terminal video was nice, but it was already on IGN. I am pretty certain they have been posting stuff too early all day, but ah well.

Anyways, Headlong. Any official word? Is it on the floor at all? Ghaleon knew about it, so unless he got it from reading here maybe we will have more news soon.
Read the last three pages or so. ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Homeboyd said:
In the reach custom challenges section, "online" is misspelled.

Thanks again for the updates bromango!

Hah, sorry about that. Fixed and finished for the day, I think.

Will keep it updated over the course of the weekend. All the news summarised, all videos collected.

Really enjoying HaloFest, even as a poor person watching over the net. That last panel was a great highlight.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This is so painful to read at work. Cannot wait to get home and drown myself in all this content.

Does anyone know if Waypoint is going to be uploading the panels to their YouTube channel tonight?

Nutter

Demoncarnotaur said:

What do you mean official word?

There has been videos's showing the map, it cant get any more official.

Nutter said:
What do you mean official word?

There has been videos's showing the map, it cant get any more official.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was just wondering if we had more info other than IGNs videos. Seems like they are gone now so I bet they wont be formally revealed until sunday at the MP panel.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Updated the OT, thanks to Dani for the great summaries at Forward Unto Dawn, I borrowed the Waypoint summary.

:)

Hope you guys are enjoying my OT for doing it at the last minute!

feel

Ryaaan14 said:
This is so painful to read at work. Cannot wait to get home and drown myself in all this content.

Does anyone know if Waypoint is going to be uploading the panels to their YouTube channel tonight?
I would kill for that. I ended up missing CEA (technical dificulties) and Universe (real life responsibilities) after waiting so long for these panels.. sigh

But they're probably too busy running Halofest to upload the panels during it, I'd say middle of next week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Deadly Cyclone said:
Updated the OT, thanks to Dani for the great summaries at Forward Unto Dawn, I borrowed the Waypoint summary.

:)

Hope you guys are enjoying my OT for doing it at the last minute!
Yup, great OT so far. And yeah, FUD is has been a really great resource!

Lingitiz

Letters said:
I would kill for that. I ended up missing CEA (technical dificulties) and Universe (real life responsibilities) after waiting so long for these panels.. sigh

But they're probably too busy running Halofest to upload the panels during it, I'd say middle of next week.
Wouldn't IGN put the archived versions up by tonight?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Letters said:

We're going to do our damnedest to get the panels up on Waypoint as soon as possible. No promises on when that will be.

Also, could someone link me to this "pistol montage" video? I suspect that what you're actually seeing is a zero bloom pistol. We actually adjusted the rate of fire for the Anniversary magnum.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
I suspect that what you're actually seeing is a zero bloom pistol. We actually adjusted the rate of fire for the Anniversary magnum.

Fyrewolf is going to kill you for misleading people, you've been warned! LOL

Tunavi

Banned
Prisoner really surprised me, I think it will play out well in classic settings. Jetpack will ruin it though, lol

Timberlands looks amazing, really didn't expect it to be so awesome. There's going to be a lot of fun matches on that map, i'll tell you that.

3 Shot pistol - holy shit I did not see that one coming at all, especially when they told us they didn't want it in matchmaking. So happy.

Disappointed that we won't get flood firefight, would have been too good to be true though. ODST's are actually a really cool idea. Chaingun warthog, finally.

Beta hoppers in september, COUNT ME IN!

Seeing headlong get leaked was incredible. That map looks absolutely amazing. So sick of forge BTB maps.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
We're going to do our damnedest to get the panels up on Waypoint as soon as possible. No promises on when that will be.

Also, could someone link me to this "pistol montage" video? I suspect that what you're actually seeing is a zero bloom pistol. We actually adjusted the rate of fire for the Anniversary magnum.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/26/halo-fest-halo-anniversary-kills-montage

There you go.

Also as said earlier get that Real Hero of Genius recorded and put online along with those outtakes from Marty. I don't care if you have to Tranq him to get them from him. Make it so.

Tunavi said:
Prisoner really surprised me, I think it will play out well in classic settings. Jetpack will ruin it though, lol

Timberlands looks amazing, really didn't expect it to be so awesome. There's going to be a lot of fun matches on that map, i'll tell you that.

3 Shot pistol - holy shit I did not see that one coming at all, especially when they told us they didn't want it in matchmaking. So happy.

Disappointed that we won't get flood firefight, would have been too good to be true though. ODST's are actually a really cool idea. Chaingun warthog, finally.

Seeing headlong get leaked was incredible. That map looks absolutely amazing. So sick of forge BTB maps.

Now all we need is to make BTB DLC only or make Premium battle 8v8, make it happen 343, you're on a roll!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tunavi said:

Any videos from the floor? I want some raw gameplay! But seriously, glad everything is good with the maps. Prisoner looks like it may be my new favorite.

lybertyboy said:

Adjusted rates of fire? Breathing a massive sigh of relief here. The megatons just keep on coming.

Maybe it will have 12 rounds in the clip too

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:

Is the DMR also getting an adjusted RoF when it has no bloom?

Oh god... Reach sounds horrible now with the TU news.

I don't want the damn Halo:CE pistol.

Also armor lock has been completely gimped. Not even useful at all anymore.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
Yep, that's what I thought. None of those shots are with the Anniversary magnum. Those clips were from ZBS or zero bloom slayer matches.

Ah that explains it all then. See folks. Nothing to see here.

Havok

UltimaPooh said:

Then it's a good thing you don't have to play in those playlists that have it.
You're overreacting. You still get your burst of invincibility, but now people can take steps to shorten it. I've said it many times in the Reach thread, but the solution to countering an element in a Halo game should never be 'wait it out.' It's not useless, it just isn't a giant boulder in the way of the pace of the game. Thank the heavens I won't ever have to see three people staring at a guy in Armor Lock, throwing grenades every once in a while in the hopes that he chooses to come out of it early, because right now that's the only thing they can do other than run off.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
UltimaPooh said:

ahahahaha

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Then it's a good thing you don't have to play in those playlists that have it.

You're overreacting. You get your burst of invincibility, but now people can take steps to shorten it. I've said it many times in the Reach thread, but the solution to countering an element in a Halo game should never be 'wait it out.' It's not useless, it just isn't a giant boulder in the way of the pace of the game.

Yup. God forbid Armorlock get's balanced. Damn 343. This coming from a long time too. It's only a good thing really. Granted if I had my way all armor abilities would be gone.

Nutter

UltimaPooh said:

LOL...When is the last time you played Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I'm guessing the beta playlists will feature a very varied set of gametypes where we'll be shaping what real playlists drop when Anniversary drops. That sounds fair.

MrBig

UltimaPooh said:
Ha. Yeah. Just read the IGN article which sheds more light on it than the OP does.
Not sure what that article says, but to clarify, all of the changes that the TU brings are at the Megalo scripting level, so nothing will be changing where it is not wanted. What they're showing in these videos are some of the TU setting applied to gametypes with AAs.

PsychoRaven said:
Yup. God forbid Armorlock get's balanced. Damn 343. This coming from a long time too. It's only a good thing really. Granted if I had my way all armor abilities would be gone.

I didn't say it shouldn't be balanced... But what was said in the OP basically makes it worthless... Of course it's only for the classic playlist.

ElRenoRaven

UltimaPooh said:
I didn't say it shouldn't be balanced... But what was said in the OP basically makes it worthless... Of course it's only for the classic playlist.

Oh I'm not targeting you with that really. Just using that a jumping off point. I just know there are some out there thinking that it was perfectly balanced when it wasn't.

Top Bottom