• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

ElRenoRaven

Botolf said:
The fins themselves look fine to me, but the wheel definitely looks out of place, circular lines and convex shapes being so rare in Forerunner architecture as they are (Halo rings aside, they're almost always planar or near-planar). I would've liked to see a Forerunner wheel-that-isn't-a-wheel, or in other words, what a wheel would look like for a race that seemingly doesn't make many of them.

Yesh, just watched the flythrough. Kickass effects and skybox!

See I'm the opposite. The wheel doesn't bother me. The fins on the other hand drive me nuts.

Dirtbag

Salvor.Hardin said:
Anyone else hoping Halo 4 departs from the aesthetic and design choices from the previous Halo games? While I like the forerunner and covenant architecture, I've seen too much of it for it to be striking any more and forge has allowed me to see just about any possible permutation using those assets. I'm hoping the series can move to a new visual ground

I think you can bank on forerunner, but perhaps we can get a whole new species in place of the covenant (or alongside them). It's still going to look like a halo game at the end of the day. It's why bungie wants to do something new, and MS wants to do the something similar.
I'm thinking something more like the differences you see on Reach vs. a halo ring.

Botolf said:
The fins themselves look fine to me, but the wheel definitely looks out of place, circular lines and convex shapes being so rare in Forerunner architecture as they are (Halo rings aside, they're almost always planar or near-planar). I would've liked to see a Forerunner wheel-that-isn't-a-wheel, or in other words, what a wheel would look like for a race that seemingly doesn't make many of them.
Good points here.

Flipyap

Lingitiz said:
Yup i remember looking up the Paramount theater last night. They have to have something substantial at the very least if they rented out such a nice theater.
Don't get too excited, the terrible Assassin's Creed panel was hosted in that place. Its big surprise was a live performance from some dude who does "literal trailers" on youtube. Presigeous, eh?

So yeah, Im hyped. Heres hoping they show us something! I hope IGNs stream can handle it.

soldat7 said:
Then:
iylwf8.jpg

Now:
5luxzt.jpg

I could post pics of Relic, Narrows, Epitaph, Valhalla, etc. The wheel looks dumb (especially when lit up and spinning.) Sure, if we stare at it long enough we'll all get used to it, but this is a good example of an unnecessary change to the design language of Halo, just like the fins on the Halo ring.

Kinda agree. While the new isn't bad, I like the simplicity of the original. I wish while something became more complex that others would keep a more stripped down style allowing both to exist simultaneously. Cant wait to see that backdrop in CEA though, so beautiful.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
Here's hoping someone asks about MC's armor and if 343 will be willing to take another look at it. If there is an Q&A panel, that is.

No no I can see it now.

Question 1: Um yea in the title update for Reach are you going to be taking a look at the pistol?

Question 2: Um yea how fun was it to be redoing Halo 1?

Question 3: Um yea the books coming out are those going to be on Kindle too?

so on and so forth.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PsychoRaven said:
No no I can see it now.

Question 1: Um yea in the title update for Reach are you going to be taking a look at the pistol?

so on and so forth.

Will there be guns in Halo 4? What about aliens? I like aliens.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PsychoRaven said:
No no I can see it now.

so on and so forth.
Or just a repeat of the Waypoint panel with stats stats stats and the final question being a bungled up amalgamation of every question before it.

feel

MY BODY IS READY!!!!

And I'd say let them do their thing with Halo 4 models, it's their game, they can't just go making everything look like the same old Bungie stuff.

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
Will there be guns in Halo 4? What about aliens? I like aliens.

Yup. I could see those asked.

Another couple I could see would be about is um The arbiter going to be in the game? Or are grunts going to be in it because they were like so fun to fight.

And a bunch of questions like that which they will say um no comment over and over.

A27_StarWolf said:
I'm holding out that the Arbiter will lead an expedition to find the chief.

I REALLY don't want the Arbiter to go away.

arbiter is easily my favorite character in the series, he brought so much depth to the covenant. i was sad when they made him a sidekick with no real story of his own in 3.

i would adore 343 if they did a two part story. one part with chief exploring the planet, the other as the arbiter hunting down the remnants of the covenant. then discovering a way to find the chief.

Vire

Havok said:
I hope someone asks it so they can say 'no, deal with it' and this will all be put to rest.
Seriously, who cares? There are far more important things to worry about when it comes to Halo 4.

PooBone

MrBig said:
Shield colors denote rank. I'm pretty sure all ranks are dropped down to the lowest level on Easy.

e: yes, I just loaded it up and confirmed this.
Nice, thanks man, didn't realize there were jackals lower than blue and yellow. I've played almost exclusively on Heroic and Legendary for about the last 9 and a half years.

I originally wasn't expecting much regarding this pannel. Probably some new concept art, more pics and info about the redesigned warthog, some talks with the developers on what it is like developing a new trilogy. And then maybe, just maybe that would show an extended trailer of the one from E3 or even the first ever in game screenshot.

However, with that stage I am expecting something much bigger. We could get real gameplay.

Top Bottom