• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mbzax.jpg

Killer whales in space?

ElRenoRaven

Toddler said:
Best shot I could get:

http://i.imgur.com/VlNcV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Better shot then I could get. I'm torn that looks kind of like Chiefs armor but doesn't at the same time. Something is just weird about it. I get flood like vibes from it for some reason and I don't know why and think that I'm wrong but I don't know.

Flipyap

Toddler said:
Best shot I could get:

http://i.imgur.com/VlNcV.jpg[ IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's the knee of something much bigger than the Chief. Something with a "tail" and an insectoid head (parts of which you can also see in the video). Cryptum ties to Halo 4, you say... HMM!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A27_StarWolf said:
IS THIS REAL
The Times New Roman font is very, very real.

lybertyboy said:
Fucking. GODLIKE.

The music gave me fucking chills. So good. I don't know what the hell people are on about, about something having to "sound Halo." Any good musical composer is aware that you can't do the same thing forever, you have to evolve your sound. ODST didn't sound like Halo, and it was fantastic, as didn't Reach. This sounds Mass Effect-y. In a good kind of way.

Lingitiz

Voltron64 said:
My friends list says otherwise. All of my friends won't touch Halo...sad times. Thank God for HaloGAF or I'd be gone too, there's no way I'd play this game alone.
Agreed. I have alot of friends that stop playing Halo after being burned on Reach. It may still be the 3rd most played game on live, but it still pales in comparison to how Halo 2 absolutely owned Live for years or how Halo 3 fought off COD4.

I hope that with the changes 343i can really bring the excitement back to Halo MP.

PooBone

Flipyap said:
I'm pretty sure that's the knee of something much bigger than the Chief. Something with a "tail" and an insectoid head (parts of which you can also see in the video). Cryptum ties to Halo 4, you say... HMM!
I suppose fighting precursors in Halo 4 would make sense. The last precursor survived a Halo testing that wiped out a planet. Maybe they can self-reproduce.

Flipyap said:
From the top:

http://i.imgur.com/3whxn.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QCJZj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/omsf9.png[IMG][/QUOTE]Hmmmmm, definitely looks like a [spoiler]Precursor[/spoiler]. Good luck against that, Chief! ;)

Salmonbottle said:
It won't be like Reach, and it won't be like 1, 2, or 3, either. It will be a different game, and the vocal minority will be too obsessed with the past to accept it.

The title update is for the CEA playlist. They aren't going to remove bloom from regular play, and they aren't going to remove armor abilities. The Armor lock nerfing is justified, but it isn't removing armor lock.

When you live in the vocal minority echo chamber, it's going to sound like there are a lot more people around you than there really are.
Title update never was going to remove armor abilities,when did i ever say that? I said it was going to make it better and more balance.

Oh my god. I'm going to rack my brain into goo trying to figure out what this new enemy is. This will, of course, include banging my head repeatedly against the nearest wall I can find.
Toddler said:
Of course that's the Chief
with his new Reclaimer swag
I don't think so. That's not what the music implies.

Vire

Considering the violent sound it makes when it plays the ending imagery, I would assume it's an enemy. But it's not exactly easy to see what's going on, even in still frames.

Gui_PT

Vire said:
Considering the violent sound it makes when it plays the ending imagery, I would assume it's an enemy. But it's not exactly easy to see what's going on, even in still frames.

Yeah, just went through it frame by frame. Too shakey to tell what it is. But it looks like some sort of greenish armor or maybe machinery.

blamite

Dammit, slept through the Halo 4 panel, what'd I miss?

*checks out concept art video*

Yes! YES! I need more nowwwwww!

The music and some of the art for some reason gives me a really heavy Metroid Prime vibe. I hope 343 hiring that level designer from Retro means we'll get some great semi-open world levels with lots of cool exploration. The potential in combining Halo's gameplay with Metroid Prime's atmosphere and exploration is just too awesome. :D

Sai-kun

Banned
Just watched the concept teaser. Not exactly the most Halo-y of tracks, but it reminds me of some of the more techno-y stuff from Halo 2. I hope more of the OST is like it. Love me some synths <33

Vire

After doing some research, sounds like the Precursors

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Precursor

Precursors are described as "very large", with 4 upper limbs and 2 legs. Also having an "ugly head shaped like arthropods" - like spiders or crabs - they have oval, faceted slanted eyes and a "flat face". Coming from the back of the head is a long tail with a 2 meter barb coming out of it. Whether this is the way all Precursors look has yet to be revealed, but this is the way the prisoner on a Pre-Human world is described.

Flipyap

Vire said:
After doing some research, sounds like the Precursors

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Precursor

Precursors are described as "very large", with 4 upper limbs and 2 legs. Also having an "ugly head shaped like arthropods" - like spiders or crabs - they have oval, faceted slanted eyes and a "flat face". Coming from the back of the head is a long tail with a 2 meter barb coming out of it. Whether this is the way all Precursors look has yet to be revealed, but this is the way the prisoner on a Pre-Human world is described.
The exact description:
"a genuine monster: a large creature with an overall anatomy like a grossly misshapen human, though possessed of four upper limbs,two degenerate legs, and an almost indescribably ugly head—a head shaped remarkably like that of an ancient arthropod seeded long ago on a number of planets, presumably by the Precursors, and known to some as a eurypterid. A sea scorpion. Oval, faceted, slanted eyes bumped up from the front of its low, flat “face.” And from the rear of the head, a long, segmented tail descended the spine, ending in a wicked barb two meters in length."

Lingitiz said:
Agreed. I have alot of friends that stop playing Halo after being burned on Reach. It may still be the 3rd most played game on live, but it still pales in comparison to how Halo 2 absolutely owned Live for years or how Halo 3 fought off COD4.

I hope that with the changes 343i can really bring the excitement back to Halo MP.

There are more people playing Reach now than there were people playing Halo 2. There are more people playing on Xbox Live in general, really.

Call of Duty becoming more popular than Halo has nothing to do with the quality of Reach, and there's nothing 343i can do to take back the top spot from Call of Duty. Sci-Fi is out, modern warfare is in. Call of Duty is the hot new thing, but you only get to be that once. In a few years something else will replace CoD in the top spot. That's just how the world works. No one game series is going to be the most popular multiplayer FPS forever. There will always be something new.

Halo games are going to keep coming out, and they'll stay popular, but the vocal minority will always be mad because it doesn't play exactly the same as Halo 2 during their college days staying up all night with their roommate. Replace "Halo 2" with whatever Halo game you played with your friends the most.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
I don't see how it can be a Precursor. Didact met the last one in Cryptum.

Yea. I agree. I think that would be throwing too much in at once even if there are some alive still by a miracle. You'd have forerunners, Precursor, Possibly flood still. That's a lot to mix into one game.

Vire

Dax01 said:
I don't see how it can be a Precursor. Didact met the last one in Cryptum.
Unless there is some weird time paradox. Which would be unbelievably lame.

Or maybe that is the last remaining one?

Sean

Banned
Are there any videos or audio of the newly remastered Halo Anniversary music? I would like to hear what it sounds like.

From what I think: that planet's the Forerunner's last safe haven, and where they retreated. The planet seems to be alive, so I think the Forerunners are still there, or their technology is still very much active. Maybe it has an A.I. custodian, perhaps Offensive Bias or someone we haven't met yet. The Chief crash lands, starts exploring, and the beacon Cortana dropped draws in the UNSC forces. (You see very human-like ships descending into the planet when the music changes.)

IJ1h2.png

At that point, the Forerunners (or the A.I.) sends in its forces to counterattack.

sEWAv.png

Shit expectedly turns nasty.

UmFYP.png

What happens then is anyone's guess.

The guy at the end could be pretty much anything. An A.I., the Prisoner of Charum Hakkor, perhaps the Didact, as long as it's not Flood I'm happy.

LlsYy.png

Toddler

So the Chief is being sucked into a newly discovered war between two highly advanced races that might affect the human race and must fight and eventually become our only hope in survival?

I'm down....

Booshka

So am I going to have to fight Brutes in Halo 4? I am done fighting those stupid things, fighting them all game in Halo 3 made me hate that game's SP. I was disappointed they put them into Reach as well, at least it was for only a 1/3 of the game.

all the destruction and debris makes me think we might be heading to the maginot line (maginot sphere?). Any chance that the new enemy is offensive bias gone rampant?

I'd love to see cortana take on forerunner ai.

I like the eerie five the trailer had, and I think the new audio direction combined with the exploration vibe will result into that awesome feeling when I first played Halo1.

ElRenoRaven

Pennybags said:
Anything but flood.

Anything but flood.

Call me nuts but I don't think we've seen the last of the flood. I really truly don't. Hell Cryptum even brings them up a lot. Which is to be expected mind you considering the time and stuff. I'm ok with that too because I like the flood somewhat. Not enough for them to be the main focus point but enough that if they were to play some minor role in future games I'd be ok with it.

Top Bottom