• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Nebula

tQgnoRy.png

Dat Halo 3 playtime though.

Nebula

At least people are excited to talkt Halo again:D

Still trying to get over it being talked about in public. I mentioned that I might be grabbing an Xbone to a guy at work and he immediately said "Master Chief collection right?"

The power!

RoKKeR

Still trying to get over it being talked about in public. I mentioned that I might be grabbing an Xbone to a guy at work and he immediately said "Master Chief collection right?"

The power!
It's an Ace for Microsoft, they need to really take advantage of it.

I've got a few friends jumping on board because of the collection.

I'm hoping for a ViDoc telling the story about how Forerunner structures became so shiny between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Wasn't this already explained as older Forerunner tech not in use is lacklustre where the Halo 4 stuff they wanted to show current working Forerunner tech?

I'm always amazed at how scrutinized different game version graphics or models and more are, not just Halo either.

I'd be fine with that, too. There are some Halo 2 maps that could be easily remade in forge, if the pieces are there. Burial Mounds, Sanctuary for example.

Burial Mounds in forge? I dunno, it doesn't seem that forge-able to me without using just an insane amount of pieces. Lots of rolling terrain and tunnels.

I do think they should do a forge reveal of some kind, like Nuevo Forge World where there are several setups for other Halo 2 maps.

Wasn't this already explained as older Forerunner tech not in use is lacklustre where the Halo 4 stuff they wanted to show current working Forerunner tech?

I'm always amazed at how scrutinized different game version graphics or models and more are, not just Halo either.

I'd accept that answer.

link1201

I'mokwiththis.png

Really hoping they show another remade H2A MP map...
Lockout

I'm already itching for some more gameplay!

I am too. I hope we get at least one new MP map reveal. I am hoping the dark horse will be Containment.

What's the Panel called 343 are having?

Fuchsdh

Yeah, it's a strange one [and very disappointing personally].
I guess there was a cost / popularity check and they're devalued now?

Makes me a sad panda.

I think back when Bungie did them (Halo 3 era) they had a novelty and production value that has diminished as Youtube proliferated.

As for podcasts, they're always a ton of work. You need to have people willing to dedicate a huge amount of time to coordinating and editing them. Sounds like a good use of some of those community hires, though! Get on Lynda.com, learn yourself Logic or Pro Tools and then chain Frankie and co. to chairs for a few hours every month.

antigoon

I guess that's a fine answer! I normally really don't care about stuff like this, but I had just played Halo 3 and 4 in relative succession and it struck me how much I prefer the Bungie aesthetic.

Also - Haven't been here long, but this does seem like a real nice community. I hope to play with some of you this November and beyond.

gAg CruSh3r

Burial Mounds in forge? I dunno, it doesn't seem that forge-able to me without using just an insane amount of pieces. Lots of rolling terrain and tunnels.

I do think they should do a forge reveal of some kind, like Nuevo Forge World where there are several setups for other Halo 2 maps.

What if they announce remaster Coagulation which is the new forge world for H2A at RTX. Not the same layout as Halo Reach forge world but same idea tho.

Halo-2-coagulation.jpg

El_Chino

Never got the chance to this so here it goes.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
2 years as a member, lurked for another couple of years.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
23 years old. United States, spend most of my time in Florida.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a Halo fan since 2001 when I first got Halo and the OG Xbox for Christmas. I've played all of them with Halo 2 being my favorite.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Campaign/Multiplayer/Firefight.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
Free for all, Team Slayer, Team Swat, and Grifball.

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Bungie back in the day.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Lately a lot of Titanfall, Watch_Dogs, and Dark Souls 1 and 2 as well as Dead Rising 3.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
University student/major sports guy.

belushy

Banned

I'm assuming we are getting a Forge World type map, that has the terrain already there.

Karl2177

Tashi's questions were better.

AR or BR?

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

Favorite Halp 2 map?

Favorite all-time Halo map?

antigoon

I think it would be so cool if the Halo 2 remastered multiplayer is functionally identical to the original and takes off.

Just the idea of playing Halo 2 on new, professionally designed maps after all these years is tantalizing (Assuming 343/Saber/Whomever decides to make new maps if the version is a hit).

Omg, those Blur videos will be something gorgeous! OMG!

Hell yeah, if you didn't already look at this Waypoint page it has dozens of screenshots from the Blur cutscenes. Just click the "show more button".

Keep this avatar, ozzy. It suits you well.
Also do you play halo 4 online??

Thx, just found it by a guy called Greg Horn when doing that Halo 2 post in the fps thread. Yeah I play Halo 4 most week nights with a regular group of Aussies (mostly Melbourne based) that I've played with since Halo 2/3. We do LANs at my house 1-2 times a year. I try not to be an asshole as I usually only play with Aussies or New Zealanders because of international latency. GT the same as my username here, one GT for life babeee! I really should join a night of HaloGAF though, if they can stand me :)

blamite

I'm hoping for a ViDoc telling the story about how Forerunner structures became so shiny between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Also every single Forerunner structure is now made out of a bunch of separate free-floating parts now? Like before Halo 3 there were probably a total of like 4 instances of floating Forerunner stuff but now it's basically everywhere for no reason.

What if they announce remaster Coagulation which is the new forge world for H2A at RTX. Not the same layout as Halo Reach forge world but same idea tho.

Halo-2-coagulation.jpg

Yeah, exactly. And then Relic island, and a little flat area for Sanctuary, Warlock, Turf, etc. I hope they put a lot of thought into what's forge-able and what's less so.

Mistel

Banned
Also every single Forerunner structure is now made out of a bunch of separate free-floating parts now? Like before Halo 3 there were probably a total of like 4 instances of floating Forerunner stuff but now it's basically everywhere for no reason.
I can't think of anything free floating other sentinels in previous games forerunner tech wise.

blamite

I can't think of anything free floating other sentinels in previous games forerunner tech wise.

Yeah, for the record, the only instances of floating Foreruner structures I can think of pre-Halo 4 are platform in the Library, the Delta Halo control room, and the rocket platform on Epitaph. It's fucking everywhere now. Maybe Halo Wars actually started the trend, but still it's on 343 for taking it to such a ridiculous extreme.

The most important aspect of the entire MC collection is going to be the stability of Halo CE online. I don't care if it's 30fps and not 1080p, I just care that I can play Halo CE online and not have it be an unplayable lag-fest.

This ^

Any Halo PC vets here? I have questions.

Was the 180 glitch present in Halo PC?
Was the infinite ammo glitch present in Halo PC?
Were sidewinder and blood gulch escapable in halo pc?

Question for 343:

Are we getting the PC or Xbox version of sidewinder? (involves teleporters)

Top Bottom