• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolino840

There are some parallels, including the UK pulling out of both regions at around the same time after WW2, leading to conflict and separation. The histories are very different though.
I was looking some history facts..wasnt the arabs the last people that conquered that lands? Herod>roman empire (judea) > arabs (then the Christians tryed with the crusades to eliminate the arabs)
Where the UK come from? Is about the ww?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I was looking some history facts..wasnt the arabs the last people that conquered that lands? Herod>roman empire (judea) > arabs (then the Christians tryed with the crusaded to eliminate the arabs)
Where the UK come from? Is about the ww?
British Empire defeated the Ottoman Empire in WW1 and drove them out:

DonJorginho

Banned
Is it possible to dennounce Hamas as the terrorists that they are and not being for any death of innocent Israeli citizens, whilst also pointing out the undisputable war crimes being commited by the IDF against innocent civilians on a daily basis in Gaza?

DonJorginho

Banned
Ya lost me on the daily war crime thing
so you choose to just ignore the clear evidence being shown on a daily basis?

you can be for peace and against Hamas and also I don't know, not support the killing of children and their families?

this should've been a ground operation fufilled by a third party with no emotional connection to either side, to go through each area on foot/with tanks and not to just bombard everything with little care for who they hit as long as it got a couple Hamas targets along the way.

DonJorginho

Banned
funniest part about all this is I have multiple Israeli friends over there right now who dennounce Netenyahu and the IDF along with what they're doing, but will find people in threads like these from the west speaking for them and justifying that madman's brutality.

most Israeli people don't even want Netenyahu in charge, yet I see no-one here challenging his actions and turning a blind eye, why is that?

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
so you choose to just ignore the clear evidence being shown on a daily basis?

you can be for peace and against Hamas and also I don't know, not support the killing of children and their families?

this should've been a ground operation fufilled by a third party with no emotional connection to either side, to go through each area on foot/with tanks and not to just bombard everything with little care for who they hit as long as it got a couple Hamas targets along the way.
ojpEZB3.gif

You sound like a clueless idealist

Edit: Also my Jewish friends don't like the stuff Netenyahu was trying to pull but that doesn't diminish anything that has happened since Oct 7th and they're all shocked at how suddenly and loudly the hate has flowed against Jewish people from higher institutions and mainstream media in this country.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
funniest part about all this is I have multiple Israeli friends over there right now who dennounce Netenyahu and the IDF along with what they're doing, but will find people in threads like these from the west speaking for them and justifying that madman's brutality.

most Israeli people don't even want Netenyahu in charge, yet I see no-one here challenging his actions and turning a blind eye, why is that?
I'm Israeli. There's zero chance you have Israeli friends who denounce the IDF, unless they are Israeli-Arabs which will also pop your other argument I assume that Israel is an apartheid state.

so you think killing children is a good solution?

being a clueless idealist =/= being a compassionate human being i guess lmao
Israel does not directly kill children like Hamas did. Israel gave the people of North Gaza two weeks to evacuate, and is giving them humanitarian aid in the south of Gaza. It's an hour drive. We told them to get tf out every day because we're coming to destroy Hamas, which will help Gaza more than ever.

Right now there are Gazan children in Israeli hospitals treated for cancer, and their families.

If Israel wanted to kill regular Gazan civilians we could've nuked the entire place.

Hamas says time and again that they don't care that women and children die, and also forced people not to move out of the way.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

IDF has been at minimizing collateral damage since day 1. There are no 'war crimes' as they've always had the right to defend against Palestine occupants/Hamas in Gaza because the land belongs to Israel.

Just say it. You want a ceasefire and while Israeli Jews are being treated worse than the Nazis through propaganda; let start saying IDF commited war crimes. Or am I missing something MHK?

TransTrender

Gold Member

Killing children is not a solution but the Palestinians in Gaza and Hamas see no problem with it, as does Hamas not actually care about their people under their control as they allow endless suffering or their people because they have a single track state of mind to 'Kill All Jews At Any Cost.' You also make it sound like no Israeli children were ever harmed from their drunk asshole neighbors shooting rockets indiscriminately at any time on any day because, you know, 'You've got to kill those Jews no matter what.'. So yeah, Hamas and anyone who supports them can take a red hot poker up the ass, Gaddafi style, all the while knowing your rectal bacteria have higher order thoughts than their host organism.

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm Israeli. There's zero chance you have Israeli friends who denounce the IDF, unless they are Israeli-Arabs which will also pop your other argument I assume that Israel is an apartheid state.
Well you must be shocked then as I have had similar conversations with not just one or two but THREE purely Israeli friends/friends of family who are against Netenyahu and the IDF, of course I have friends over there who aren't against the IDF but are still against Netenyahu.

Israel does not directly kill children like Hamas did. Israel gave the people of North Gaza two weeks to evacuate, and is giving them humanitarian aid in the south of Gaza. It's an hour drive. We told them to get tf out every day because we're coming to destroy Hamas, which will help Gaza more than ever.

Right now there are Gazan children in Israeli hospitals treated for cancer, and their families.

If Israel wanted to kill regular Gazan civilians we could've nuked the entire place.

Hamas says time and again that they don't care that women and children die, and also forced people not to move out of the way.
Both sides have directly killed children, Hamas have very likely killed multiple children and families in their barbaric attack on October 7th, just like how Israel have directly killed children with their bombings on areas with no direct relation to Hamas, I am not talking about the first major hospital as the evidence on both sides of the argument surrounding who did it are far too muddled for me to jump to a conclusion on but the recent bombing on the refugee site was something that was planned through and acted upon, I believe IDF spokespeople when they say the location contained multiple Hamas individuals, but I also believe that there was a better way of getting to them without killing innocents and chalking it up to crossfire.

I have to stress that I am not defending Hamas at all, they are a vile terrorist organisation and should be destroyed, but I just can't sit here and be happy seeing countless innocents being killed by a country that SHOULD know better given their values, I am not sitting here either declaring a "free palestine" as most people who spout that do not know what it even means, but I am calling for peace, as should anyone with any modicum of humanity or compassion in their heart.

And the "warnings" that I have seen (at least from what I have seen personally) were pitiful at best, especially if it was public knowledge to masses online that Hamas were forcing certain individuals not to move, so IDF intelligence would've known long before we did through news aggregators, so why did they still go through with it? why not find other solutions? those in power within Israel are acting with the emotion that don't get me wrong is more than justified after Oct 7th, but are being overly reactive in a way that I don't think down the line will help anyone here.

MrA

no, you're not, you're a useful idiot. Given Hamas's cruelty a compassionate human being would want a swift and decisive victory from Israel as that is the only way Hamas's evil ends.

Crazy how you guys could erase the Gaza Strip from the map in the blink of an eye, but people believe you want genocide

DonJorginho

Banned
IDF has been at minimizing collateral damage since day 1. There are no 'war crimes' as they've always had the right to defend against Palestine occupants/Hamas in Gaza because the land belongs to Israel.

Just say it. You want a ceasefire and while Israeli Jews are being treated worse than the Nazis through propaganda; let start saying IDF commited war crimes. Or am I missing something MHK?
IDF have not been minimizing collateral damage at all, most of the dead that you say they were "defending themselves" against? innocent children and women who had no say in this matter and have not done anything in this conflict to deserve any pain brought upon them, just like the innocents brutally murdered by Hamas back on Oct 7th. I am not even getting involved on the whole land belonging to who bit as that isn't the important part right now, it is about finding peace and ending bloodshed on EITHER side.

I don't know if a ceasefire is best right now, as Hamas will still bomb away, but a ground operation imo has always been the obvious solution, and it's hilarious how few here can see that, whatever side of this you stand on.

And MHK???? who? Is that an insult I don't know about lmao

DonJorginho

Banned
Crazy how you guys could erase the Gaza Strip from the map in the blink of an eye, but people believe you want genocide
Even Netenyahu wouldn't be so stupid to do that as he wouldn't be able to justify those despicable actions to anyone else in the world.

decimating the Gaza Strip bit by bit doesn't make it any less awful, is it genocide? I wouldn't go that far yet, but it certainly is heartless.

DonJorginho

Banned
You also make it sound like no Israeli children were ever harmed from their drunk asshole neighbors shooting rockets indiscriminately at any time on any day because, you know, 'You've got to kill those Jews no matter what.'. So yeah, Hamas and anyone who supports them can take a red hot poker up the ass, Gaddafi style, all the while knowing your rectal bacteria have higher order thoughts than their host organism.
1. Ignoring the countless times I have mentioned and dennounced what happened on Oct 7th?

2. Multiple children have been murdered on either side long before today, it is now just happening on a scale not seen for some time that the world has to pay attention.

3. Did the children being bombed over the past week support Hamas? Did the babies who were killed even know who Hamas were and what situation they were living in?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Well you must be shocked then as I have had similar conversations with not just one or two but THREE purely Israeli friends/friends of family who are against Netenyahu and the IDF, of course I have friends over there who aren't against the IDF but are still against Netenyahu.

Both sides have directly killed children, Hamas have very likely killed multiple children and families in their barbaric attack on October 7th, just like how Israel have directly killed children with their bombings on areas with no direct relation to Hamas, I am not talking about the first major hospital as the evidence on both sides of the argument surrounding who did it are far too muddled for me to jump to a conclusion on but the recent bombing on the refugee site was something that was planned through and acted upon, I believe IDF spokespeople when they say the location contained multiple Hamas individuals, but I also believe that there was a better way of getting to them without killing innocents and chalking it up to crossfire.

I have to stress that I am not defending Hamas at all, they are a vile terrorist organisation and should be destroyed, but I just can't sit here and be happy seeing countless innocents being killed by a country that SHOULD know better given their values, I am not sitting here either declaring a "free palestine" as most people who spout that do not know what it even means, but I am calling for peace, as should anyone with any modicum of humanity or compassion in their heart.

And the "warnings" that I have seen (at least from what I have seen personally) were pitiful at best, especially if it was public knowledge to masses online that Hamas were forcing certain individuals not to move, so IDF intelligence would've known long before we did through news aggregators, so why did they still go through with it? why not find other solutions? those in power within Israel are acting with the emotion that don't get me wrong is more than justified after Oct 7th, but are being overly reactive in a way that I don't think down the line will help anyone here.
AGYm7jo.gif

These friends are like your alts. They only exist one place...

Here we go with "but, but both sides." You could have saved all that effort to just write: going to pick up a flag, blame Israel and suggest ceasefire. This cheap tactic is easy enough to spot as the latest NYT article.

DonJorginho

Banned
AGYm7jo.gif

These friends are like your alts. They only exist one place...

Here we go with "but, but both sides." You could have saved all that effort to just write: going to pick up a flag, blame Israel and suggest ceasefire. This cheap tactic is easy enough to spot as the latest NYT article.
Again with the conspiracy theories???? Why would I have alts? who the fuck is MHK, do you mean that Kojima fella who went MIA? I can happily prove to any mod who I am and they know who I am through emails signed up with and probable IP addresses they see on their servers, so please try again buddy, maybe you'll get closer to reality next attempt.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
IDF have not been minimizing collateral damage at all, most of the dead that you say they were "defending themselves" against? innocent children and women who had no say in this matter and have not done anything in this conflict to deserve any pain brought upon them, just like the innocents brutally murdered by Hamas back on Oct 7th. I am not even getting involved on the whole land belonging to who bit as that isn't the important part right now, it is about finding peace and ending bloodshed on EITHER side.

I don't know if a ceasefire is best right now, as Hamas will still bomb away, but a ground operation imo has always been the obvious solution, and it's hilarious how few here can see that, whatever side of this you stand on.

I'm done here. You're warped. Brain washed is not even authentic enough to be charmed.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Did the children being bombed over the past week support Hamas? Did the babies who were killed even know who Hamas were and what situation they were living in?
Hamas is firing from positions that put Palestinian lives directly in jeopardy. On purpose. If Israel chooses not to fire back because women and children will die, Hamas gets to wage war with impunity and fire rockets forever. If Israel fires back, women and children will die which is useful for Hamas, but at least there will no longer be rockets fired from those now destroyed positions.

Out of curiosity, what would you choose to do? The iron dome does not have infinite ammo, nor does it have 100% effectiveness.

DonJorginho

Banned
Hamas is firing from positions that put Palestinian lives directly in jeopardy. On purpose. If Israel chooses not to fire back because women and children will die, Hamas gets to wage war with impunity and fire rockets forever. If Israel fires back, women and children will die which is useful for Hamas, but at least there will no longer be rockets fired from those now destroyed positions.

Out of curiosity, what would you choose to do? The iron dome does not have infinite ammo, nor does it have 100% effectiveness.
The only option I could think of is the ground operation option that I have cited already, but I am no war general or a diplomat so I know those options are harder to bring to life than optimistically offering them up in conversation.

I think Hamas know exactly what they are doing putting children and women in range of their bombing sites, I just wish the IDF could look past their rage and try and work out a better solution for this, especially given the support they will have from countries like the US, UK etc. who can help offer ideas on how to tackle this situation.

What I would choose to do? I honestly do not know, it isn't a black or white scenario and individuals on BOTH sides can't comprehend this sadly, I do not claim to be the voice of reason or the right way of doing things, far from it.

I just can't stand by seeing the bloodshed on either sides and be happy with it, I have no horses in this race on either side, I simply advocate for whatever leads to the fewest numbers of lives lost.

lachesis

Well, best way to end the bloodshed is for Hamas to release the hostages and surrender unconditionally, and stop firing those rogue rockets nor suicide bombers to Israel.
Then Israel would have no business to bomb Gaza, at all.

At the same time, they should seek for its statehood, and build themselves up peacefully.
But governing body like Hamas, which neglects its first and foremost duty to protect it's citizen (it's asking its citizen to protect them) have no place to be in power.
And no 3rd party can do this but Israel. Why would any country will send their boys and girls in harms way for what good reason?

I'm not a big fan of Netanyahu, and I think he should step down when things are over as it's under his watch this terrible act of violence happened and his government failed to protect the citizen - but it's not for us, the outsiders to decide. I am sure wise Israeli people will prevail (and they will live and learn from the consequences.) Unlike other surrounding countries, they have good, diverse democratic system, free press and freedom of religion - so I'd rather put my faith to the people of Israel.

And seeing so many Israeli coming together in common, just cause - warms my heart.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

You're explaining how war works to a wall. Next response you get will be several paragraphs on how Israelis dislike Netanyahu, the IDF are responsible for war crimes and how Israel needs to ceasefire. But, now I'm giving too much credit to a wall. Walls don't listen.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Why are they even allowed to do this stuff? There has to be action against this kind of thing.
Well, to say the least someone was listening that 30-seconds were able to be recovered. The big news agencies, I'd imagine in most larger Western nations have a list of 'do's & 'don'ts' along with a guideline on substition words. It's censoring history but...not the first time this has happened. Certainly is more widespread though which is disturbing.

this should've been a ground operation fufilled by a third party with no emotional connection to either side
You want to send an army, without air/artillery support, into a terrorist infested city? And you don't see a problem with that?

And which third party? The USA? NATO? They would use the exact same tactics as Isreal. Any Muslim county army would weirdly not find a single terrorist whilst also magically losing lots of weapons and resupply their brothers
And the "warnings" that I have seen (at least from what I have seen personally) were pitiful at best, especially if it was public knowledge to masses online that Hamas were forcing certain individuals not to move
The warnings included declaring war on Hamas, broadcasting their intentions on TV to the world, sending mass texts into Gaza and plastering the strip from the air with leaflets telling them what was about to happen, all whilst giving them 2 weeks to move or prepare

that's not pitiful, I'd say that's the most humane start to a modern war campaign in the history of modern warfare

hyperbertha

Here's the thing, the idf soldiers value their own lives more than gaza 'innocents'. Going into gaza while the hamas is surrounding you in ALL directions above and below is going to be close to suicide. They need to soften up the land before invading. Bombarding known bases and levelling high rise makeshift bunkers is the best way.

lachesis

This interested me about the water and electricity situation in Gaza and found this.

https://besacenter.org/cutting-the-electricity-supply-to-gaza-consequences-and-implications/

Didn't know that Israel was supplying "free" electricity to Gaza all this time, that the debts are periodically forgiven?

I mean, more I read, lower the Hamas they become.... What a scum of so-called "governing body".
They are parasites. Literally sucking off blood of its citizens and the good willing people of the world.

MrA

This interested me about the water and electricity situation in Gaza and found this.

https://besacenter.org/cutting-the-electricity-supply-to-gaza-consequences-and-implications/

Didn't know that Israel was supplying "free" electricity to Gaza all this time, that the debts are periodically forgiven?

I mean, more I read, lower the Hamas they become.... What a scum of so-called "governing body".
They are parasites. Literally sucking off blood of its citizens and the good willing people of the world.
You known what else Israeli did in 2005? they left Palestinians a thriving flower industry worth something nuts like half a billion dollars and you know what hamas promptly did? Burn the greenhouses

If Gaza people don't like Hamas, they should have rebelled against it - for some reason they are able to "produce" soldiers for Hamas, yet cannot find soldiers to fight Hamas. Pretty sure that Gaza was fine with Hamas - "oh! they kill and try to destroy Israel! Whatever", "oh! they are building tunnels! Whatever". But when they got retaliation it is like "why? We haven't done anything! unfair! Help!"

Hope after all of that, they will hunt and fire all the involved who supported Hamas. "You like it so much? Here is a ticket to the middle east."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom