• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
6S4hqfB.png

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

laynelane

Israel does not directly kill children like Hamas did. Israel gave the people of North Gaza two weeks to evacuate, and is giving them humanitarian aid in the south of Gaza. It's an hour drive. We told them to get tf out every day because we're coming to destroy Hamas, which will help Gaza more than ever.

I've noticed this part is continually skipped over by certain people. And even when it's pointed out, the response normally shows a clearly misinformed person or they simply ignore this information in favor of their own viewpoint. It is beyond tiresome at this point, but is a quick way to pinpoint a disingenuous person.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I've noticed this part is continually skipped over by certain people. And even when it's pointed out, the response normally shows a clearly misinformed person or they simply ignore this information in favor of their own viewpoint. It is beyond tiresome at this point, but is a quick way to pinpoint a disingenuous person.
It's because people want to compare Israel to Hamas. There is NO moral equivalency. If you equate these two YOU need to check your moral compass.

laynelane

It's because people want to compare Israel to Hamas. There is NO moral equivalency. If you equate these two YOU need to check your moral compass.

There's that and there's also those who give a perfunctory 'I don't support Hamas' and think this gives them carte-blanche to criticize Israel. I'm personally grateful we haven't had to put up with much of either here.

I've been thinking of you and other posters here who are more directly impacted by these events a lot. I hope you're doing okay and staying safe.

Heartbreaking seeing the big rise of extreme anti semitism and Hamas support all over the world (mainly Europe & PC-infested American colleges)
Israel really dropped the ball with its weak-ass publicity.
They literally had a whole government ministry dedicated to it, and its secretary done fuck all before quitting and showing her true nature of being a dumb stupid useless bitch.
Feels like it's only a matter of time before Jewish people are physically attacked or even murdered.

Hope Europeans are happy now with them letting all those terrorists into their countries for the past decades. Jews are now realizing that more than ever Israel is the only safe place for them, like in WW2 where no one wanted to help them - history repeats itself.

We are not happy. Sadly our governments are pieces of shit and they imported this trash to get more votes in the next elections and then they let more in for the next election...

This cycle continues until we're completely outnumbered by these people that have 5 kids when they are living on benefits.

If nothing is done fast I predict Europe will actually be 50% or more arab/muslim and our western values go out the door.

Last edited:
If nothing is done fast I predict Europe we'll actually be 50% or more arab/muslim and our western values go out the door.
In time maybe. The main issue is that islamic lack of desire to reform their religion. It is like the europe from the middle ages. "Allow them to wear hijab -> their population will grow -> you will wear hijab".

We are not happy. Sadly our governments are pieces of shit and they imported this trash to get more votes in the next elections and then they let more in for the next election...
What I think will happen is cities will become trash dumps, while a lot of folks will migrate to suburbs.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I remember when Kanye was going crazy telling everyone that Jews own the media. If they own the media why the coverage is overwhelmingly negative?

The dude was hanging out with a Holocaust denier and proud anti-Semite at the time, so I'm guessing his already stupid head was filled with all kinds of added nonsense those few weeks.

ape2man

Evacuating 2 million over a single high way. Takes MONTHS....

tommib

We have an audience, everyone. 💜

Apparently we didn’t get the memo to “stop condemning terrorism, stop condemning antisemitism, we have a crossectional, intersectional movement going on, and we are winning”.

Hey idiots, war isn’t a war crime. You don’t get to call for ceasefire during the Normandy landings.

laynelane

Evacuating 2 million over a single high way. Takes MONTHS....

You may be right. I don't have enough information to determine the logistics of the situation and I doubt you do either. What I am pointing out is the dismissal and ignoring of any and all efforts to safeguard civilian lives, though.

*Nightwing

Banned
I would value an actual conversation rather than petty drive-by posts mate, but you do you I suppose.
I have a one sided conversation for DonJorginho DonJorginho ; not surprising to see an idiot that thinks Clearlake and Tood Bohley are great for Chelsea also gets important world politics completely ass backwards too.

Please get some common fucking sense about history and the reality of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict & lurk in the soccer thread as well as I’m still going to post how stupid you are about that too once the season ends again. Hope you see it May 19 2024!!! Your tears are delicious, thank you in advanced!!!

Sakura

i did some checking, your right. they have multiple access ways. still it wont go as fast as a "hour drive".
2 million people is the entire population of the Gaza strip, not the number of people in the north who were told to leave.
It doesn't matter how long it takes when the people still there aren't even attempting to leave.

Wildebeest

Why is anyone let alone members of the media believing anything coming from Hamas?
This is a problem with the news media for a while. In order to preserve a reputation of striving for "balance". They will invite someone with a sensible opinion backed by facts to argue one point, and for "balance" they will bring on a fanatic backed by as many lies as he can say before they cut him off.

FunkMiller

The unlovely truth of this situation is that it is now a war, and in war innocent people die. Especially when the enemy deliberately uses them as human shields.

I‘m afraid as a global society we’re not really used to war. Both Ukraine and this have been massive shocks to a system that has been comfortable and peaceful for a long time.

Sadness, regret and even anger over Palestinian children being killed is perfectly understandable and right - but it must come with the acceptance that it is happening because Hamas’s actions have been a very solid casus belli for full blown warfare against them.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Also have to say that Japan is the only country in the Asia Pacific who stands by Israel. Nintendo has two semi-official stores here. Japan is sending their Foreign Minister for a solidarity visit this Friday.

Which is weird since Thailand has a lot of to be in this as well, they butchered their people and kidnapped as well. You'd think they'd do or say something.

Wildebeest

My personal position is that even if the IDF have committed many war crimes over the years, and got away with them, it is still pathologically antisemitic to go after Jews and Israel as uniquely and monolithically evil. War crimes happen in war, and we have to look in context at groups that have genocidal goals as their basic purpose, like Hamas. Also in the region, we have states that deliberately go out of their way to target hospitals and medical staff, like Syria and Russia. Indeed, in Syria you have doctors accused of war crimes in terms of turning their medical training to torture people for the state. You have state military targetting medical staff as high value targets for elimination or capture and torture. Syria, have also remained unaccountable for crimes. We hope the situations become so civilised that there can be some sort of legal accountability with good evidence and proper process, but it doesn't always happen.

There is no point in discussing war crimes in this conflict. We literally have one side (Hamas) with a full desire to behead each and every jew vs a side that just trying to live their life with an extremely hostile neighbour. We have millions of people chanting death to jews and all the neighbouring countries wishing (and even tried) to erase Israel. It is like 13th century religious nonsense in 21st century.

Last edited:

MrA

Also have to say that Japan is the only country in the Asia Pacific who stands by Israel. Nintendo has two semi-official stores here. Japan is sending their Foreign Minister for a solidarity visit this Friday.

Which is weird since Thailand has a lot of to be in this as well, they butchered their people and kidnapped as well. You'd think they'd do or say something.
Thailand does have constant insanity from Myanmar to worry about, but that's a testament to the insane anti-israeli bias of the media and UN etc
The government of Myanmar has been intentionally and specifically targeting ethnic minorities with bombing runs that kill a few dozen people every week
They're only doing it because they want to genocide these groups
But no solidarity marches with the Karen and Kachin people being targeted
No celebrities condemn Myanmar to giant fundraisers for the victims
No declarations that Myanmar is a terrorist state or apartheid or anything
Meanwhile, Israeli puts up well, blood libel for refusing to lie down and die

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Setting aside the horrific things Imperial Japan did do in the 20th century, it should be mentioned that they weren't on board with the Holocaust or antisemitism generally, refusing Nazi Germany's pressure to exterminate the Jewish people living in Japan and Japanese-occupied territory. A Japanese diplomat, Chiune Sugihara, also saved the lives of around 6000 Jewish people by issuing them visas to escape Europe.

Japan has the only Holocaust memorial museum in Asia.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Setting aside the horrific things Imperial Japan did do in the 20th century, it should be mentioned that they weren't on board with the Holocaust or antisemitism generally, refusing Nazi Germany's pressure to exterminate the Jewish people living in Japan and Japanese-occupied territory. A Japanese diplomat, Chiune Sugihara, also saved the lives of around 6000 Jewish people by issuing them visas to escape Europe.

Japan has the only Holocaust memorial museum in Asia.
I didn't know that, they also have a specific religion of sorts that combines Christianity and Judaism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makuya

Every country's history is filled with blood, can't avoid it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

The Cornell University student accused of making violent threats against his Jewish peers is a 21-year-old engineering student who suffers from such “severe depression” that his mother worried he was on the brink of suicide just moments before his arrest.

Patrick Dai, a junior at the prestigious university, was arrested by federal authorities Tuesday for allegedly making a string of disturbing online posts over the weekend threatening to kill and rape Jewish students and to “bring an assault rifle to campus.”

Investigators traced the deranged posts to Dai’s IP address at his off-campus apartment, where he allegedly admitted to being the culprit, according to a federal complaint obtained by NBC News.

Dai’s parents, however, believe their son is innocent.

“My son is in severe depression. He cannot control his emotion well due to the depression. No I don’t think he committed the crime,” his father, who asked that his name not be used, told The Post in a text message.

Dai sank into a deep depression in 2021, one year after he started his engineering studies at the prestigious university, his parents said.

Dai faces up to five years in prison, per the DoJ.

laynelane

Geez, he skipped right past the "Hitler was right" phase and went straight to rape/death threats.
Idiot was less than two years away from a possible engineering degree from Cornell that probably would've landed him a six figure job.
What the hell is wrong with these people?

Oh wait, he was depressed, well that explains everything. I know when I get down in the dumps, I think about raping and slaughtering peoples of a specific ethnicity all the time.

ape2man

2 million people is the entire population of the Gaza strip, not the number of people in the north who were told to leave.
It doesn't matter how long it takes when the people still there aren't even attempting to leave.
Yea your right its about 1.1 million ish people 70%ish children ( people 18 or younger ). On one side i do get it, they all fear they will never get that land ( there houses ) back.

```
The U.N. said the Israeli military's call for civilians to move south affects 1.1 million people. If carried out, that would mean the territory's entire population would have to cram into the southern half of the 40-kilometer (25-mile) strip
```
^^ AP NEWS ^^

And most of them kids so even easier for a carpool.
This is not the US.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Yea your right its about 1.2 million ish people 70%ish children ( people 18 or younger ). On one side i do get it, they all fear they will never get that land ( there houses ) back.

This is not the US.
They prob won't. Not their fault they were born into this shit.

winjer

Gold Member
Depression can't be a excuse for inciting terrorism or an holocaust.
We need to start making examples out of cases like this, to send a clear message that terrorism and genocide are not acceptable in a civilized society.
100%. Capture and put into jail, fire from a job, remove from university a couple of those who were chanting "gas the jews" etc. And some folks will become much less active.

There is too much unaccountability regarding that.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

I simply cannot wrap my head around the antisemitism this war has caused. Don't people understand the history of Jewish and Islamic relations in the Middle East the past 80 plus years.

winjer

Gold Member
I simply cannot wrap my head around the antisemitism this war has caused. Don't people understand the history of Jewish and Islamic relations in the Middle East the past 80 plus years.

It was always there, but these racist felt embolden by these events.

BlackTron

Bad guys don't play by rules and love bad faith disinformation/manipulation tactics which apparently all 18-24 year olds fall for en masse

Boozeroony

Gold Member
100%. Capture and put into jail, fire from a job, remove from university a couple of those who were chanting "gas the jews" etc. And some folks will become much less active.

There is too much unaccountability regarding that.
I have been depressed and the only thing I wanted to gas/kill was myself.

He is mentally ill, but (only) depressed.

Chaplain

Antisemitism represents a 2,000-year narrative that is periodically rebranded. It serves as a facade, akin to a Trojan horse, for enduring racism.

"Because anti-Semitism is the godfather of racism and the gateway to tyranny and facism and war, it is to be regarded not as the enemy of the Jewish people, I learned, but as the common enemy of humanity and of civilisation." (Christopher Hitchens)

This phenomenon persists, in part, due to underlying supernatural elements that often go unrecognized by secular society.

Last edited:
I have been depressed and the only thing I wanted to gas/kill was myself.

He is mentally ill, but (only) depressed.
Yeah, I don't buy into depression. Though of course it is possible that he wanted to find someone to blame and it just happened that there were protests.
Still, all those protesting people are certainly not depressed.

It was always there, but these racist felt embolden by these events.
I would say, for a lot of europeans (especially modern ones) they were constantly taught that only white people can be racist. They are taught about slavery (forgetting thousand years of history), genocides (forgetting thousand years of history), racism (in context of white vs non-white) one-sidedly. . All those social studies etc. We have seen that with all those letters, written by student groups. Also often growing up in the environment where the religion has been pretty tame (how many christians are talking about crusades in comparison to jihad). And that's without media portraying everything one-sidedly.

Also when living have been far away from violence, they forget what is it. Humans are always one step away from extremely brutality.

Last edited:

tommib

Guess he didn't have a license for his Facebook video...

To be fair Bethnal Green is very Muslim. I used to live in Haggerston, Hackney. It’s very on-brand for the area. People shouldn’t be shocked. From Wikipedia:

Bethnal Green's residents are around 50 per cent Muslim and 34 per cent Christian.[75]

But to arrest a man because he’s complaining on Facebook? Insanity.

So glad about my move from London to a rural Dutch farm town.

Last edited:

Bojji

To be fair Bethnal Green is very Muslim. I used to live in Haggerston, Hackney. It’s very on-brand for the area. People shouldn’t be shocked. But to arrest a man because he’s complaining on Facebook? Insanity.

Free speech is a thing of the past in some counties (UK, Canada, Germany?).

You can also use hate speech and be racist to jews and white people but try to be like that to any other ethnicity :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
To be fair Bethnal Green is very Muslim. I used to live in Haggerston, Hackney. It’s very on-brand for the area. People shouldn’t be shocked. But to arrest a man because he’s complaining on Facebook? Insanity.

Makes sense to see in a Muslim-heavy neighborhood, but yes, the disturbing part is that he was arrested for posting a Facebook video complaining about it. Very fortunate to have the Bill of Rights over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom