• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The monster reminded me of the young alien from Alien 3.

And there goes the teacup.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This cop is so fucked lol

Spoilers from previous Hannibal sources regarding your post:
Yeah he's fucked.

Spoilers regarding the preview:
The previews seem to be showing scenes from several upcoming episodes, not just the immediate next one.

Blu-ray won't have censorship, right?
Blu-ray cuts of some episodes have additional bits of blood and gore (and afore-mentioned bare butt) so I wouldn't be surprised if the Blu-rays are less blurry.

Poor
Abigail.
.:(

I love that Fuller has carte blanche to do the insane stuff he's doing with this show. The heart stag was terrifying.

Seesaw15

is it just me or does young Hannibal look like Julie Delpy?

600full-julie-delpy_zps7fa544ed.jpg

Opto

Banned
Ghosts.

Will is chasing a ghost (Hannibal) and haunted by a ghost (Abigail). The latter is obvious but let's take in the building of the former. Hannibal is on the fringe of Will's mind palace, more preserved in memory than in continuity like Abigail is. I often wondered what the stag dying on the floor meant, and now I see it as an ending of Hannibal in Will's mind.

But that beast did not truly die. It's inside of Will, his wound opening from the inside from an antler. But the stag, Hannibal's parallel in Will's mind, doesn't surface until Will actually sees another of Hannibal's design.

Hannibal is looking at Will, but always on the edge, first he's watching from above, and then from within the very dead crypts. Will and Hannibal never meet, and Will speaks to everything around him like calling out to a specter.

The Italian detective says Will is dead, this was reinforced with the parallels between Abigail's autopsy prep and Will's surgery. Both victims, both stitched up, Abigail is dead but alive, Will is alive but dead.

I thought it was another great episode. Some very disturbing images in this episode (the heart/stag monster -- shudder) , even by this show's standards.

Also, here is a short but interesting interview Bryan Fuller did talking about the developments in tonight's episode:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hannibal-boss-pulling-ghost-card-801507

So after suffering the jarring and frankly rude intrusion of commercials on my viewing experience last week I cracked and bought season 3 on Amazon Prime. Does anyone know how quickly they put up episodes?

It's usually within 24 hours after the episode has aired.

Opto

Banned
So after suffering the jarring and frankly rude intrusion of commercials on my viewing experience last week I cracked and bought season 3 on Amazon Prime. Does anyone know how quickly they put up episodes?

Yeah the commercials really broke up the latter half of the show's pacing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Good episode. A bit slow, but also really trippy. I honestly had a hard time knowing what was a dream and what was real. Like that whole last scene i have no idea if that was real.

Leeness

I love this show. Great episode.

Will and Cannibaby, I missed you both. Especially Will though <3

Edit: Will is back, avatar!Will is back too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jesus fuck this episode was so intense. If the last 2 seasons have often been described as having operatic elements then this season is a full on Opera.

The music is just so emotionally bombastic and layered superbly. I feel like I can see the conductor on the bottom of the screen guiding an orchestra with bizarre instruments.

The transformation scene. What.

I felt like this episode could have ended at Hannibal watching Will and then walking out of frame. Cut to credits.

I need to process this episode some more.

I honestly didn't see that Abigail reveal coming. I bought into it that Hannibal would fuck with Will some more. I don't care if that makes me a sucker. That was effective.

KingKong

Good episode. A bit slow, but also really trippy. I honestly had a hard time knowing what was a dream and what was real. Like that whole last scene i have no idea if that was real.

I think so, otherwise the development of saying he forgives Hannibal wouldnt have any payoff

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So I'm watching Season 1 right now, and it's pretty good, but not great IMO. I'm trying to get into it and It kinda has a cool thing going, but it also feels a little hamfisted in parts. On screen characters have little chemistry and Morpheous is always yelling.

Anyways, should I expect this show to get a little bit better, or more or less stay the way that it is now?

Opto

Banned
So I'm watching Season 1 right now, and it's pretty good, but not great IMO. I'm trying to get into it and It kinda has a cool thing going, but it also feels a little hamfisted in parts. On screen characters have little chemistry and Morpheous is always yelling.

Anyways, should I expect this show to get a little bit better, or more or less stay the way that it is now?

It gets better.

Hannibal is basically Parks and Recreation of dramas as far as precipitous rises in quality from S1 to the rest of the show.

Hachimaki

Excited to see
visions of Abigail. I wonder if they'll play it like she survived at first but progressively reveal she's dead and in Will's head.

You pretty much nailed it.

They had me fooled I wish it wasn't so.

Loved the episode especially the unraveling of the corpse scene. My god that was creepy.

Also the, "I forgive you." which I think was featured in some promos/commercials, but it was great hearing it in the moment.

awp69

Ok. Wish I hadn't just deleted this off my DVR but what was censored? Assume it was one of the paintings? Must not have been paying attention. I think I've seen other shows use classic artwork with "nudes" uncensored before.

But, yeah, if they did it's really sad considering how much blood and gore they get away with (by far the most disturbing on network TV and even most cable programming).

Regardless, another awesome episode. The tension in the catacombs was outstanding.

i think i'll end up liking this season a lot more than the first two.

there's been less of bryan fuller's psychobabble dialogue and it's like they've just fully embraced going super experimental with the visuals (much moreso than previous seasons). i love how strange the show has become.

honestly....i think the show's poor ratings have done this a huge favor. they're messing around so much now and they wouldn't be able to do stuff like this if NBC actually paid attention to the series.

Holy... yeah. That was a rough episode. I'm so glad Will is back, he's so nice to watch. I love his character so much <3

Did anyone else think that
Abigail looked distinctly Alana-esque? The shirt, her hair, her face; everything looked different. A kind of an amalgam, maybe? I felt like her coat was super obvious and creepy as shit. It was red, but also darker red on top, like it was eternally drenched in blood.
That was kind of the visual I got, anyway :x /shudder I had to cover my eyes during the heart scene, though, that shit is too too too visceral for me :<

Kevin

Another stunning episode. Seriously the best show on tv by miles. Already excited for next week's episode. lol

Did anyone notice that when Will and Abigail walked into the church,
the priest was staring directly at Abigail. Nice touch when you think about it. She's there in spirit and the priest can see her.

Fantastic episode but then again pretty much every episode of this show is superb.

Monocle

I was offended by the censoring of that painting. Like, fuck off. Are we children?

Good episode otherwise. Loved the unreliable narrator stuff. Really nice to see Abigail with Will again.

That stag man monstrosity, Christ. Brilliant macabre imagery.

Bedelia, say something if you are OK. ;_;

Mariolee

When the stag came out of the heart corpse and started walking, it reminded me so much of this:

0209_robotdog2.gif

I was like "No no no no no."

Did anyone notice that when Will and Abigail walked into the church,
the priest was staring directly at Abigail. Nice touch when you think about it. She's there in spirit and the priest can see her.

Fantastic episode but then again pretty much every episode of this show is superb.

Yeah, I think that was the moment that sealed that Abigail was actually dead. I'm glad Fuller and his crew of writers didn't treat us like idiots. The whole thing was played to work out that even if you knew she was actually dead, there's still a lot of developments that play into Will's psyche that we may not have known before. And for the lucky few that had the genuine surprise that Abigail was dead, well that's a plus as well. This is probably as broad as the show will ever go haha

Top Bottom