• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

It's been mentioned a few times, but uh, now I'm REALLY curious...

tumblr_npthsdyXOL1taqkweo1_1280.png

Goddamnit, Bryan :| I already can't fuckin' sleep, like this is gonna help.

Cerity

Stunning episode, the revelation - 'In this world, this is the only place I could make for you'.

LAWD.

Holy... yeah. That was a rough episode. I'm so glad Will is back, he's so nice to watch. I love his character so much <3

Did anyone else think that
Abigail looked distinctly Alana-esque? The shirt, her hair, her face; everything looked different. A kind of an amalgam, maybe? I felt like her coat was super obvious and creepy as shit. It was red, but also darker red on top, like it was eternally drenched in blood.
That was kind of the visual I got, anyway :x /shudder I had to cover my eyes during the heart scene, though, that shit is too too too visceral for me :<

Yep,
I actually thought it was her during the part where Will was walking down the stairs and she was waiting by the door.

Great episode.

For those of you who haven't seen it you should check out the Italian drama Gomorrah. The cop in this episode plays Don Pietro Savastano and he's brilliant, as is the show as a whole. I was so pumped when he appeared.

Wiktor

Jesus. That was a suffocating episode. So much dread and beauty. I can't believe something like this is actually allowed to exist on TV. Wow.

I wonder if Botticelli will be censored in other countries?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This was one of the most terrifying hours of television ever. I am speechless.

From the scary implications of the priest seeing Abigail (she's a ghost? Or is everything in Will's mind palace?) from the fucking STAG CREATURE HEART THING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't. I can't!

Edit. Removed spoiler tags

Asbel

Why are people spoiler tagging the aired episode?

Maybe someone can clarify for me.
So Will has an imaginary friend for 8 months and then she disappears. Why did she disappear?

Also, how could Will honestly forgive Hannibal? Will should be looking for justice (or revenge) instead he's moping like a beta with his girl stolen.

yeah i didn't like that last scene at all, was pretty stupid tbh. he should be seething with rage at how much hannibal has taken from him

this endless fascination between both characters has worn thin, i hope they don't go forward with it even more. will should have nothing but contempt for hannibal at this point.

Will has always been able to empathize with the Killers on this show. He knows he isn't that different from them. And he's close to and more like Hannibal than anyone. Of course he can forgive Hannibal. His forgiveness has as much to do with accepting himself. That's not to say he doesn't want to catch Hannibal and imprison him.

Wiktor

Why are people spoiler tagging the aired episode?

Maybe someone can clarify for me.
So Will has an imaginary friend for 8 months and then she disappears. Why did she disappear?

Also, how could Will honestly forgive Hannibal? Will should be looking for justice (or revenge) instead he's moping like a beta with his girl stolen.

She dissapeared because he finally accepted she's dead. Look how much calmer he becomes after imaginary Abigail dies. And I'm not sure if he has forgiven.What I am sure is tha he's luring Hannibal. The stag has died after all and with him the Hannibal-loving part of him died too.

Will has always been able to empathize with the Killers on this show. He knows he isn't that different from them. And he's close to and more like Hannibal than anyone. Of course he can forgive Hannibal. His forgiveness has as much to do with accepting himself. That's not to say he doesn't want to catch Hannibal and imprison him.

empathy and forgiveness are two different things. and considering the events that have transpired within this series...i think they can only be mutually exclusive in this case too imo.

Turin

Banned
It's not likely Will could ever overcome Hannibal being the spiteful revenge driven man he was in Season 2. He's handicapping himself with rage that way.

He'll need to come to a complete and intimate understanding of him before he can finally bring him to justice.

I think Bryan Fuller said that Will forgives Hannibal in the way you forgive a shark for it's nature. That's not saying "Everything's okay."

Asbel

It's not likely Will could ever overcome Hannibal being the spiteful revenge driven man he was in Season 2. He's handicapping himself with rage that way.

He'll need to come to a complete and intimate understanding of him before he can finally bring him to justice.

I think Bryan Fuller said that Will forgives Hannibal in the way you forgive a shark for it's nature. That's not saying "Everything's okay."

I hope that's the reason for Will's forgiveness. But a wild animal that has tasted human blood should be put down.

Will tried to lure and trick Hannibal the second half of S2. Even said he was great at fishing. But this time, it'll be different.

halfbeast

Banned
man, had to put on my headphones. this show should be called The Whispers... >_>

great episode, though. that heartdeer/antlercorpse will haunt me in my sleep!

Zoe

For those of you complaining about the sound, do you actually have surround speakers set up?

I've never had an issue, but part of that might be because I always watch with CC's on.

Kuroyume

Banned
Enjoyed the episode, but was a bit hard to follow. The transition from the police station to the scene of the crime at the church while in the middle of a conversation was weird.

When Abigail survived I thought
they fucked with us during the promos. Maybe the other characters died because during Will and Abigail's conversations because they kept talking about the others not needing to die... But in the end it was all a vision. The preist seeing her though...
Favorite scene for me was Will and Abigail getting drowned in blood at the beginning.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
empathy and forgiveness are two different things. and considering the events that have transpired within this series...i think they can only be mutually exclusive in this case too imo.

or he's just saying he "forgives" hannibal to coax him out of the shadows. I know Bryan Fuller likes to go to deep places, but it could be as simple as that. Hannibal is playing a game and Will is playing his own game.

-griffy-

Banned
or he's just saying he "forgives" hannibal to coax him out of the shadows. I know Bryan Fuller likes to go to deep places, but it could be as simple as that. Hannibal is playing a game and Will is playing his own game.

I like the idea someone else mentioned that he's forgiving him in the way someone might forgive a shark for attacking. He's accepting that Hannibal is what he is, and killing is just his natural instinct. He's a force of nature, and holding a grudge against an animal (or devil) for doing what it naturally does isn't accomplishing anything. He's not excusing Hannibal for killing Abigail and hurting the others, but in forgiving Hannibal he is freeing himself of a burden and achieving some self realization, which is illustrated by him letting go of Abigail's ghost. By beginning to fully understand and accept Hannibal's nature he will be better equipped to hunt him.

Kevin

Hannibal dropped almost an entire million down to 1.74 million. That's less then half an average Constatine episode. I predict there will be 5 of us left by seasons end. Nobody is watching!

The fact we even got to Red Dragon at all is a miracle, so far as I'm concerned. It can end there if it has to, and I'll be okay.

Lifetime won't ever let him have Clarice & Buffalo Bill anyway.

Opto

Banned
Hannibal dropped almost an entire million down to 1.74 million. That's less then half an average Constatine episode. I predict there will be 5 of us left by seasons end. Nobody is watching!

It's too good for this world. It's actually dark and intelligent and non-exploitative compared to, say, The Following. If Joe and Hannibal ever met, Hannibal would kill him for being a poser and not even eat him.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Nothing can save the show now. Nothing. Fuck's sake T_T

With any other show, I'd say, "Here's to three seasons and an online comic to wrap up the story!"

Don't people realize that Hannibal exists in a unique space ratings-wise? Worst case scenario is that it'll be shuffled back to Fridays where it will continue not losing any money for NBC, but also not occupy a Thursday space that another show could benefit from.

Oh well, I'll just sit back and enjoy the meltdowns every time a new ratings report comes out :p

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
With any other show, I'd say, "Here's to three seasons and an online comic to wrap up the story!"

Don't people realize that Hannibal exists in a unique space ratings-wise? Worst case scenario is that it'll be shuffled back to Fridays where it will continue not losing any money for NBC, but also not occupy a Thursday space that another show could benefit from.

Oh well, I'll just sit back and enjoy the meltdowns every time a new ratings report comes out :p

I'm holding on to that train of thought. Hopefully it'll be safe anyway.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's too good for this world. It's actually dark and intelligent and non-exploitative compared to, say, The Following. If Joe and Hannibal ever met, Hannibal would kill him for being a poser and not even eat him.

If NBC shatters the teacup, time will reverse and Netflix will make a world for all of us.

-griffy-

Banned
The fact we even got to Red Dragon at all is a miracle, so far as I'm concerned. It can end there if it has to, and I'll be okay.

Lifetime won't ever let him have Clarice & Buffalo Bill anyway.

Yeah, we're all fairly lucky the show got this far. Hopefully we'll get a great adaptation of Red Dragon out of this season, and if we don't get any more it'll at least be the "complete" prelude story of Hannibal Lecter that will dovetail nicely into Silence of the Lambs.

wenis

If NBC shatters the teacup, time will reverse and Netflix will make a world for all of us.
As long as Amazon doesn't outbid them. dear god it's already bad enough they have the streaming rights, can you imagine an Amazon Hannibal? Yech.

wenis

I thought Bosch and Transparent got rave reviews?
Haven't watched Transprent yet, liked Bosch well enough, but I considered it an anomaly.

It's still Amazon tho. Hannibal would probably be doing a lot better if Netflix had steaming rights and f it came down to it was in charge of future seasons.

jett

D-Member
It was amazing that S1 wasn't cancelled mid-season.
It was miraculous that we got S2 at all.
S3 is inexplicable.

I don't know why you people keep paying attention to ratings. We'll get whatever we are meant to get.

Haven't watched Transprent yet, liked Bosch well enough, but I considered it an anomaly.

It's still Amazon tho. Hannibal would probably be doing a lot better if Netflix had steaming rights and f it came down to it was in charge of future seasons.

Transparent is great--check it out! Probably the best new series of last year. But, I agree--most of Amazon's original offerings are lousy.

Wiktor

can you imagine an Amazon Hannibal?

Yes, I can. It would look the same, only without the censoring of classic artwork.

It's not like Hannibal is some ultra expensive show. Or that they would suddenly replace their staff with Amazon's own staff (which doesn't exist anyway).

Anyway..Transparent looked nice. Bosch looked very nice. And Man in High Castle was likely couple times more expensive than anything Hannibal ever pulled off.

It would be fine.

Faith

Great episode. Slow but really great.

When does the action start? Or will it be like that for the rest of the season?

Top Bottom