• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

At this point, I'm just waiting for Red Dragon to start. I like the way Fuller seems to be creating his own origin for Hannibal, but he isn't really presenting it in a way that works. It's often obfuscation for the sake of it, which is very different than the way the series normally operates.

Once the main story kicks in gear, I'm sure the show will be back in full form.

It doesn't work because it doesn't fit the flow of Season 1? What is its "normal" operation?
I thought that was the angle they're going for; by having each season present its own atmosphere unique from the others and defined by a particular theme.

Interesting... I was under the impression that the main story was all about the events and relationships between Lecter and the handfull of FBI people.

Kevin

This is why I was upset with the ratings but ivysaur assured me that the show was safe and most likely wod not be canceled.

Same reason why I kept getting upset with Constantine's ratings. Every show I like that is not on the CW is either getting canceled or hanging on by a thread. I've paid to much attention to the industry to know when a show will live or die.

I predict Heroes and X-Files will both do poorly as well when they return. It's unfortunate but most Americans don't like intelligently crafted tv.

kirblar

This is why I was upset with the ratings but ivysaur assured me that the show was safe and most likely wod not be canceled.

Same reason why I kept getting upset with Constantine's ratings. Every show I like that is not on the CW is either getting canceled or hanging on by a thread. I've paid to much attention to the industry to know when a show will live or die.

I predict Heroes and X-Files will both do poorly as well when they return. It's unfortunate but most Americans don't like intelligently crafted tv.
The show's safe. It costs a network 2.4M to buy a full season.

yami4ct

It doesn't work because it doesn't fit the flow of Season 1? What is its "normal" operation?
I thought that was the angle they're going for; by having each season present its own atmosphere unique from the others and defined by a particular theme.

Interesting... I was under the impression that the main story was all about the events and relationships between Lecter and the handfull of FBI people.

It really feels like the show is hiding it's plot behind many layers of abstract imagery and tricky cinematic styling. Sometimes it works. I think the first episode was brilliant in the way it weaved in the tale of Hannibal and Gideon as well as established the new setting. Episode 2 told Will's story in an interesting way as well. I think the biggest thing I had a problem with was Episode 3 in general. The Hannibal side was fun, but felt a bit like the show spinning it's wheels preparing for the bigger plot to come. The Will plot was super hard to follow and confusing as hell. Even watching it twice, I feel like I don't have a complete grasp of what was actually going on and why. It's the first time that's happened for me and this show.

Daffy Duck

Well my GF has gone from loving it upto season 3 to saying this is now boring, it's not on the same level as the other two seasons, I love it still though, gutted it's been cancelled and hopefully it gets picked up by someone else.

I have no idea what level of credibility this is at, but according to this, Amazon has passed

Eh, looks like a low-level customer service response to a question:

CINAvqrUMAACWTX.png:large

I doubt they'd reveal any of their plans via a response to a customer inquiry.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
As much as id like to see it get picked up i think Hannibal is done. Hopefully that means the back half of S3 will go so off the deep end into madness it will make S2 look like Full House.

NBC is bringing Hannibal to ComicCon this year, which is pretty weird unless they're doing it as gesture for whoever takes over next.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...o-take-a-bite-out-of-comic-con-international/
It doesn't seem to surprising to me. It's the end of the show and will occur just as they adapt source material in a much more well-recognised fashion. It has a devoted, enthusiastic fan base (which will undoubtedly be at Comic Con) and past panels have went well. Given that Hannibal's cancellation has been well-reported and news has spread, it's a chance for NBC to try and drum up some final interest and make the most of the show's remaining time, while also remain on good terms with Fuller. In terms of it being a good will gesture for another provider who picks up Hannibal, I think it seems pretty clear that somebody (or some people) very high up in NBC really does care about, and enjoys, the show and wishes to see it succeed. While it wasn't viable for it to remain on NBC with the sort of numbers it has had, and now has, they do want to see it find a home where the numbers aren't as crucial. For a show with such a devoted following and garnishing widespread critical praise, NBC would be put in an entirely different light if they mercilessly gutted the show and provided no support for its continuation whatsoever.

EDIT: The two threads are really tripping me out.

What is everybody expecting for the next episode?

Moff

I'd like a whole episode of hannibal talking to bedelia about the feelings he had when he almost met will. paintings and classical music should be involved. he may play the piano himself.

Kuroyume

Banned
New season 3 trailer? Apparently it's MEGA SPOILERISH. I didn't follow the production thread as much this time around so I don't know if it's new or not: https://vimeo.com/130810271

Too scared to watch it to spoil anything... Although I guess the previews each week kind of do that. :p

-griffy-

Banned
New season 3 trailer? Apparently it's MEGA SPOILERISH. I didn't follow the production thread as much this time around so I don't know if it's new or not:

Too scared to watch it to spoil anything... Although I guess the previews each week kind of do that. :p

Uhhh, DON'T FUCKING WATCH THIS TRAILER. MASSIVE, GIGANTIC SPOILERS. Also (trailer/book/movie spoilers)
holy shit they are doing some Hannibal novel stuff way more than I anticipated in crazy fucking ways. Pazzi's death looks 100% faithful, but Will eating his own brain? Is that happening? Was that all some dream sequence? WTF!

AoM

Uhhh, DON'T FUCKING WATCH THIS TRAILER. Also
holy shit they are doing some Hannibal novel stuff way more than I anticipated in crazy fucking ways. Pazzi's death looks 100% faithful, but Will eating his own brain? Is that happening? Was that all some dream sequence? WTF!

Had to be. The Jack vs. Hannibal round 2 didn't seem to be, though.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

That was an incredible trailer, but don't watch it. They spoil some cool shit.

Yeah, I have no doubt a number of those scenes are hallucinations (I mean, I don't see Jack sitting down for dinner
to have his throat slit AFTER he tussles with Hannibal
), plus there's no way
Will dies that soon/at all.

Top Bottom