• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Noooope, noppers nope not watchin' that trailer, no matter what... I... I have to resist. Hnngg

Oh man, I totally forgot to mention, in ep 3, did anyone else jump or squeak or something when the jump cut from Chiyoh chopping off the pheasant's feet to HANNIBAL CHOPPING A HAND OFF AN ARM. Gah!! I startled my friends when I squeaked, whoopsie. What kind of JUMP CUT is that?! Y'got me, Hannibal, ffs, I definitely didn't expect it. Fuck.

Moff

I thought about it for about 30 seconds, then I watched it.
everything spoiled but totally worth it, more hyped than ever.

It actually looks like Will is
holding Jack down when Hannibal slits his throat??
I wonder whose fantasy/dream that is. IT'S NOT REAL, RIGHT???

/lucifer

"Just watch the trailer."

hannibal_tvseries_splash650.jpg

"How could you resist?"

/mephistopheles

That trailer is simply divine. I loved most of Hannibal trailers, but this one... my god, what a perfection.

I can't stop watching it. Chills every time.

Damn you, NBC. Damn you.

Moff

It actually looks like Will is
holding Jack down when Hannibal slits his throat??
I wonder whose fantasy/dream that is. IT'S NOT REAL, RIGHT???

I am pretty sure it's a dream, it would make no sense. when jack attack him hannibals says "you came back from the dead" but that surely refers to him dying at the end of season 2. and after that it makes no sense for them to have dinner together.

I am pretty sure it's a dream, it would make no sense. when jack attack him hannibals says "you came back from the dead" but that surely refers to him dying at the end of season 2. and after that it makes no sense for them to have dinner together.

That's what I thought, but that also assumes Jack is there
by his own free will o_O I could see Hannibal wanting a last supper with him before he finishes it...but I refuse to believe that would happen.

I agree. Look at the background of this scene, it's clearly
Hannibal's dining room

I'm more worried about
Will getting his head opened by Hannibal... that doesn't look like a dream to me at all, with Hanninal's wounds and the interior...
Oh no...

Oh my god the amount of spoilers in here is killing me.

Quick question for those who thought the first 3 episodes have been slow & boring... does the trailer make up for it? 'Cause I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

Moff

Hannibal's dining room

I'm more worried about
Will getting his head opened by Hannibal... that doesn't look like a dream to me at all, with Hanninal's wounds and the interior...
Oh no...

graham will die this season, his arc his finished, he gazed too long into the abyss

I havent read the novels so I have no idea what I am talking about

graham will die this season, his arc his finished, he gazed too long into the abyss

I havent read the novels so I have no idea what I am talking about

I'm not saying he will die... but Hannibal starting to slice his head open is entirely probable. I doubt he will finish, not at this point of the season at least, but I wouldn't say it's out of realms of possibility.

Hannibal's dining room

I'm more worried about
Oh no...

Well, remember,
Will is definitely around in the latter half of the season, so he's definitely not dying...in Italy, at least.

EDIT: Ah yeah, that's a good point. Wonder what interrupts him, if it's real.

Was made private by the uploader on Vimeo.

YouTube mirror

This is one of the most magnificently crafted trailers I've ever seen.

Oh my god.

Major spoilers from that trailer looking at each scene:

Putting on the record, we've seen I believe. Episode one?
Second scene with the cooking I can't tell precisely.
White place with Will: I'm leaning towards this being related to Will being drugged and eating his brain over a purely fantastical sequence.
Scene of the river we've seen, that's metaphorical.
Scene in Lecter's office we've seen. This is related to memory. Episode two?
Scene at Lecter's gate we've seen. This occurs in reality. Episode Three?
Scene at Mischa's grave occurs in reality. Episode Three?
Scene with Lecter saying "Home" we've seen. Episode two?
Picking up the knife with the grapes. I think this may occur at Lecter's dinner table, in relation to the scene where Will helps Hannibal kill Jack.
Following two images with Lecter running, and Lecter charging at Jack happen. Episode 13 of season two.
Alana being pushed out the window by Abigail happens in Episode 13 of season two.
Gutting of Will happens in Episode 13 of Season two.
The statue of Mary (?) and the chapel are in episode one and episode two. They happen.
Will Graham with the heart happens in a fantasy sequence in Episode two.
Hannibal and Pazzi happens in reality in Episode two.
The Hannibal and Bedalia dance happens in episode one.
Will Graham and Hannibal in the catacombs happens in episode two.

Bedalia's "You're drawing them to you" and "While you lie in wait, to kill all of them" are two separate statements as we've seen one already. The second seems to be cut off. Is it warning Hannibal of consequences? Is it suggesting that while he lies in wait others are being active or trying to reach out to him? I think this is before Bedalia dies.

The next image of Will Graham talking is new. Who he is talking to, and the details unclear. I think he's talking to Jack. His outfit is not consistent with the dinner later.

Hannibal abducting Pazzi is new.

Alana is new. What is she in? It obviously seems like fantasy but I can't tell much more.

Is the submerged individual Bedalia? Is this what we saw before or new? With her lack of confidence in Hannibal sparing her, I think this is in relation or suggestive of her death, just as Will submerged in blood when he was to die, before being snatched from it and put back together.

The firefly we've seen. Episode three.

Hannibal walking we've seen in episode one.

Hannibal and Bedalia is new, and important. I think she's going to die, but maybe it's to subvert expectations. I believe she'll become a painting given the context, and I think she'll end up on the bridge. Where are they? Is this in the home they currently have or a new location?

The fighting is new. I think this is Jack and Hannibal. Window shattering is new. As is the talking after. I can't make out what Hannibal is saying, "is that where you're taking me"? Hmm?

Pazzi's death is obviously new.

"Hannibal is where I became a man. It's where I see my end, and my beginning." To Jack? Or another? It sounds like a response to Bedalia. This strongly suggests to me that another painting happens.

The blood in the water? I think this is in relation to either Bedalia's death, or the bridge.

The bridge is new. After or before the fight with Jack? He's wearing the same clothes. "You came back from the dead" is to Jack, but what is the relevance? Jack looks to be in a state of power.

Who looks up at Pazzi's death to Hannibal? Will? The silhouette doesn't look like him. It looks like Jack. And Hannibal is wearing the same clothes as in the fight with Jack. Hannibal's work location also fits in with the earlier scene show where Jack and Hannibal fights and explains the shattering of Jack. This is also where Pazzi is abducted.

The line "I showed my hand at the beginning". Context? Will? Jack? Or more likely Bedalia?

"It would be a shame not to savour the moment". The regathering? Something else?

Hannibal, Jack, and Will at the table is related to Will's thoughts on the many-world theory in episode two. This seems to obviously be him pondering what actually would have happened if he sided with Hannibal more definitively. I also think it's part of the scene where the knife is lifted from the grapes earlier, and that that precedes Jack getting his throat cut. This is a fantasy from Will, Hannibal, or both.

Will smashing the glass we've seen in episode three. It precedes the firefly.

Jack and Will at Hannibal's table. This is by far the most interesting scene. Is the bag hanging at the IV for Jack or Will? Is this real? Why is Jack there? Is this before or after Pazzi's death? Before or after the bridge? This offers the most food for thought. I think it's real. I'm not sure when it happens though. The clothing is all different from the bridge. Note that Bedalia is not here. I think she's dead by this stage, and this is all occurring after the bridge. I'm not sure what's happening with Jack though or why he's here.

This all occurs before episode seven/eight beyond doubt.

That was a fantastic trailer.

EDIT: The above...
(Red Dragon and Trailer)
What interrupts Hannibal is interesting. Maybe that's Chiyo (spelling?) hence why she's not seen anywhere else. Maybe it's Alana? Maybe it's Verger? I think it could be Verger. Does Will have a scar there in any footage for Red Dragon?

Oh my god.

Major spoilers from that trailer looking at each scene:

The fighting is new. I think this is Jack and Hannibal. Window shattering is new. As is the talking after. I can't make out what Hannibal is saying, "is that where you're taking me"? Hmm?

That was a fantastic trailer.

I think he says
"Is that where you're taking me?"
in reference to Jack coming back from the dead.

I really do appreciate the slow, obtuse start to the season, but I also can't wait for shit to get crazy. And this is just half the season, too!

kirblar

Thank you for using spoiler tags liberally and with very obvious context information. (This is not sarcasm, it's been an issue w/ other shows.)

I think he says
"Is that where you're taking me?"
in reference to Jack coming back from the dead.

I really do appreciate the slow, obtuse start to the season, but I also can't wait for shit to get crazy. And this is just half the season, too!

That makes a lot of sense. Obviously (trailer and the next episode preview)
Jack chooses something merciful or is interrupted, and it turns out not to be the correct option. We see Mason Verger in this location at some point during what appears to be a fantasy sequence as he is walking; could this be relevant I wonder? Something has to happen or this needs to be one of the last things in the half as it must occur before either the bridge or the dinner with Jack and Will surely.

There're so many I'm afraid I'm gonna click one accidentally!

If it's any consolation, if anything is accidentally clicked, I think it's worth noting that a lot of this is very unclear. By nature, the show uses a huge amount of surreal and metaphorical moments, so nothing can be taken to happen with absolute certainty. In saying that, this is still an extremely spoiler this speculation (also, please don't quote this as you might be able to read the spoiler tagged content above). While it wouldn't be the best if you read something accidentally, it's not clear what actually happens and what is fantastical.

New season 3 trailer? Apparently it's MEGA SPOILERISH. I didn't follow the production thread as much this time around so I don't know if it's new or not: https://vimeo.com/130810271

Too scared to watch it to spoil anything... Although I guess the previews each week kind of do that. :p

Was made private by the uploader on Vimeo.

YouTube mirror

This is one of the most magnificently crafted trailers I've ever seen.

Oh my God. That was one of the most intense and beautifully cut trailers I've ever seen. What a perfect song choice. The visuals matches so well. The brutality, so fucking beautiful.

I wish they'd shown this trailer first. In theaters or something. Goddamn it.

That was amazing.

Holy fuck. If I smoked, I'd have a cig right now.

Jesus.

There's so many questions.

Oh my God. That was one of the most intense and beautifully cut trailers I've ever seen. What a perfect song choice. The visuals matches so well. The brutality, so fucking beautiful.

I wish they'd shown this trailer first. In theaters or something. Goddamn it.

That was amazing.

Holy fuck. If I smoked, I'd have a cig right now.

Jesus.

There's so many questions.

So basically

iZkfs3cwBTZNe.gif

Hannibal S3 |OT| NBC! I forgive you...

Hahaha, I do like this for S4 OT.

Who is singing the song? It's beautiful.

Fiona Apple. To my understanding it was first used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtnas5ScSE

EDIT: Regarding the ending of that trailer again:
(Trailer and Red Dragon spoiler)

As an alternative piece of speculation: Maybe nothing interrupts, and Hannibal does remove a section of Will's brain. Note at the start that Will asks "What's for dinner?" Hannibal's response? "Never ask, spoils the surprise." I initially interpreted this the following line to be "Just use your imagination", but perhaps it's actually "Just you, your imagination.". If this is what is said, then perhaps, using the dream like logic, it's designed to rob Will of his imagination more than it is designed to kill him. This would then 'nerf' Will Graham's ability. Personally, I'm not really sure how that situation resolves. It seems real, but surely Will must be present in the second half. I don't know.

Fiona Apple. To my understanding it was first used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtnas5ScSE

EDIT: Regarding the ending of that trailer again:
(Trailer and Red Dragon spoiler)

As an alternative piece of speculation: Maybe nothing interrupts, and Hannibal does remove a section of Will's brain. Note at the start that Will asks "What's for dinner?" Hannibal's response? "Never ask, spoils the surprise." I initially interpreted this the following line to be "Just use your imagination", but perhaps it's actually "Just you, your imagination.". If this is what is said, then perhaps, using the dream like logic, it's designed to rob Will of his imagination more than it is designed to kill him. This would then 'nerf' Will Graham's ability. Personally, I'm not really sure how that situation resolves. It seems real, but surely Will must be present in the second half. I don't know.

Wow. Didn't consider that Lecter could be attempting
a kind of surgery on him.

Also, is that opening frying pan/dining room transition new? Simply fantastic.

Wow. Didn't consider that Lecter could be attempting
a kind of surgery on him.

Also, is that opening frying pan/dining room transition new? Simply fantastic.

(trailer)

The transition is new. Given that it is a transition to what appears to be Hannibal serving Will Graham, and where Will is at the table, in addition to the voiceover, I think it's highly related to the dinner with Jack, Hannibal, and Will in the end. What exactly is being cooked, or who, is the question. Could it be Jack, as Hannibal did with Gideon, which is why the IV Bag is there? The entire scene more than anything else raises a lot of questions honestly. Until we get to that episode, I don't think it'll be possible to deduce what is happening in that scene honestly.

Hannibal fans are hilarious.

Love this show. Looking forward to catching up on this season tomorrow.

You haven't seen any of the new episodes yet? Oh man. They're lovely, but keep in mind they're full tilt Bryan Fuller. I mean... full. tilt. And they're a bit slow, but also glorious. My favorite so far this season is probably ep 3 :)

(trailer)

The transition is new. Given that it is a transition to what appears to be Hannibal serving Will Graham, and where Will is at the table, in addition to the voiceover, I think it's highly related to the dinner with Jack, Hannibal, and Will in the end. What exactly is being cooked, or who, is the question. Could it be Jack, as Hannibal did with Gideon, which is why the IV Bag is there? The entire scene more than anything else raises a lot of questions honestly. Until we get to that episode, I don't think it'll be possible to deduce what is happening in that scene honestly.

Maybe Hannibal operates on Jack and Will later visualizes what happened after they find him, imagining himself in the victim's place. That way you get the trailer shock but Will is not out of the picture for the Red Dragon arc.

Salsa

I loved both season 1 and 2 but feared for the type of territory it was getting into and after the 3 first episodes im really hating it and it's basically what I feared

I mentioned it elsewhere (cancellation thread?) but it just sorta became some sort of sploorge of up-it's-own-ass-ness with the artsy shots and stilled motion shots that last full minutes, while character motivations make absolutely no sense whatsoever and there's very little plot development in each episode

I like carefully planned shots and beautiful imagery but I don't give a rats ass about it on a tv series if the writing doesnt back it up

yeah it's pretty, but it aint deep; I get it. No need to shove my face with CG WILL GRAHAM TEACUP for me to get metaphores or whatever

it's just really annoying to watch cause every frame is like I can see everyone involved in the show going "MAN WE'RE GENIUSES WE SO ART"

it's a shame really. Hopefully it picks up

Mariolee

holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit that trailer. I love the show for where it's going but I hate myself for watching that trailer. Gatdang. :(

-griffy-

Banned
THR interview with Fuller about shopping the show around and what the potential future holds (there's also a clip from episode 4 at the bottom of the article
Alana meets Mason
):

Is the plan to shop the series around?

There has been interest from a few different parties. It’s all about gauging how much of an interest and there’s certain avenues that I know we wouldn’t be able to do, for instance Netflix because our deal with Amazon precludes a Netflix component. So it’s not a good deal for them to make even though they’ve been so kind in terms of their enthusiasm for the show. The contract limits what they could do with it. The studio is talking with other venues to see how serious their interest is.

Does that include Amazon since it has the rights to the first two seasons?

Amazon makes the most sense, honestly, because they have been great partners with us for three seasons and we are exclusively streaming on Amazon. It feels like they have the interest in the program.

Do you have a preference on whether the show continues on cable or a streaming site?

I see the benefits of both, but I do love the idea of continuing on with our partners at Amazon. But we’re at a dance and we want to be asked out on the floor. All suitors are welcome.

Top Bottom