• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

A Hannibal style show on Lifetime would be so fucking weird, but intriguing at the same time. I want this to become a reality just to witness the insanity.
Lifetime's gone the avant garde route before. Shows like "The Lottery" and "The Lizzie Borden Chronicles" were pretty out there, and some of their films like "Call Me Crazy" go full arthouse.

Hannibal being on NBC was the real head-scratcher.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 9 "And the Woman Clothed with Sun..."

The FBI’s search for elusive serial killer Francis Dolarhyde intensifies as Will Graham begins envisioning himself in Dolarhyde’s tormented psyche. Wading deeper into dangerous territory, Will enlists the help of Hannibal Lecter to assist with the killer’s profile.
Please spoiler tag discussions about this episode until it has aired in the US on August 1st . Thanks!

How the f is it Thursday already?! This time difference bullshit has really killed the discussion for me. It feels like everyone's already moved on by the time I see it :| Goddamnit. Maybe I'll see if a friend has Hulu so I can catch it on Friday this week :(

aravuus

What the fuck, I didn't know season 3 was so far along already, hell, I didn't know it had even started lol. Can't wait to get home and check out the first couple of episodes. How's it been so far? Better than the earlier seasons? Worse?

Arondight

What the fuck, I didn't know season 3 was so far along already, hell, I didn't know it had even started lol. Can't wait to get home and check out the first couple of episodes. How's it been so far? Better than the earlier seasons? Worse?

I liked 1, 2&3 nearly lost me. 4 was slow but important and 5-7 have been pretty great. I enjoyed Season 2 more at it's current stage.

Monocle

On par with Season 2. The mid-season finale (Episode 7) is a strong contender for best episode of the series.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
If you dislike episodes 1-4, 5-7 will probably make up for it. And 8 was like a Season 4 premiere. So f-ing good.

Solo

First half is the worst stretch of the series, but the past few episodes have been great, up to series standard. Mizumono will likely never be topped though.

tumblr_ns5rcoBvQz1rvs9wso1_1280.png

And now this is what I imagine Hannibal actually doing when there is nobody visiting him. :p

It's nice to see the memory palace in effect as a way to maintain his own 'sanity', if we can call it that.

jerry113

Banned

The first half of season 3 and the second half of season 3 are like two distinct pieces. Very different from season 1 and 2, probably on par.

jonezer4

And now this is what I imagine Hannibal actually doing when there is nobody visiting him. :p

It's nice to see the memory palace in effect as a way to maintain his own 'sanity', if we can call it that.

Did they establish that his cell didn't actually look that extravagant? I always assumed it was an illusion when we saw it in trailers (his memory palace), but in the actual episode I don't recall them showing what it really looked like (assuming the massive white, well decorated room is indeed a hallucination).

kirblar

Did they establish that his cell didn't actually look like that extravagant? I always assumed it was an illusion when we saw it in trailers (his memory palace), but in the actual episode I don't recall them showing what it really looked like (assuming the massive white, well decorated room is indeed a hallucination).
They've converted a part of the main offices into his cell. He's a prized show pony for Alana and Chilton.

awp69

Although Hannibal remains my #1, I wanted to say that Mr. Robot is freaking awesome and thought some Fannibals might find some enjoyment in it.

Much different show, of course, but the last minute of this week's episode was so beautifully and incredibly intense that I thought, "Wow, don't think I felt that tense watching a show outside of Hannibal (and Breaking Bad) ".

Anyway, not trying to derail the thread. Just a recommendation for those of you who haven't checked it out.

.. And also posting to distract those damn Canadians...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy fuck!
Abigail flashback!!!!! Can't believe they are showing what happened back then. FUCK!!!!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Really glad that
Alana and Margot are still together, and had the kid together. It's sweet! I hope nothing happens to Alana though...

Begaria

Will giving a belly full of actual laughter rather than his usual smirking laughter is strange sounding on the ears.

A really good and solid, "setting the stage" episode.
It was an excellent set-up for the inevitable cacophony of disaster that will ensue, but also an amazing episode in its own right.

Probably my second-favorite episode (behind "Mizumono"...but barely). This show has rediscovered its emotional core.

And Rutina is a rare find.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really wonder who will inevitably end up in the classic Red Dragon wheelchair...
Freddie is the number one candidate. I mean her male counterpart always gets chaired...And she already "died" like this. I think it's likely that Hannibal would request her real death to be like the fake one....On the other hand...With Alana happy with Margot and a mom...Plus she's the new Chilton from the books (threatening to take the drawings and books), she's also likely to get the chair too...Hmm?

Alright, I loved this episode. Absolutely brilliant, even if it's mostly just set-up.

Great to see Abigail alive again. I miss that messed-up girl, pity she couldn't be there throughout season 2.

Rymuth

I really wonder who will inevitably end up in the classic Red Dragon wheelchair...
Freddie is the number one candidate. I mean her male counterpart always gets chaired...And she already "died" like this. I think it's likely that Hannibal would request her real death to be like the fake one....On the other hand...With Alana happy with Margot and a mom...Plus she's the new Chilton from the books (threatening to take the drawings and books), she's also likely to get the chair too...Hmm?

I agree about
Alana taking over Chilton as Hannibal's object of hate. He already promised to kill her and now she's threatening his dignity. That's a big no-no.

Goodstyle

For once it feels good to be Canadian.

Alana threatening Hannibal was great. I love what they've done with her character in season 3.

Freddie is back with a way better hairstyle after the timeskip. I love when a series does that lol. Also glad to see she's still a megabitch. "Murder husbands" was fantastic.

I wish Chilton was in this episode (which is how I feel whenever he's not around), I love seeing him interact with the cast. Freddie and Chilton are so well done in this show.

Francis is so god damn creepy. I've never read any of the books or watched the movies, but damn is this guy consistently disturbing.

Seriously anxious to see how things all go down.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It was a pretty good set-up episode. Also its funny now seeing scenes that i have already seen in the other movies. Prior 2 seasons were new to me as i havent read any books.

Top Bottom