• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

TheOddOne

New episode today for the US fam:
Season 3: episode 9 "And the Woman Clothed with Sun..."

The FBI’s search for elusive serial killer Francis Dolarhyde intensifies as Will Graham begins envisioning himself in Dolarhyde’s tormented psyche. Wading deeper into dangerous territory, Will enlists the help of Hannibal Lecter to assist with the killer’s profile.

Alpende

I thought about it and I was not sure, but I thought it was real as well because why would they both interact with an imaginary body? it was a but weird.

Well, Will interacts with imaginary Abigail as well. Granted, he doesn't touch her like she slith her father's throat.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Damnable NBC, missed the entire first 7 minutes for a stupid baseball game. Can anyone do a brief summary?

~OMG I want Hannibal to kill me~ <3

tumblr_inline_mn5nnsjbBr1qz4rgp.gif

Kuroyume

Banned
Will goes to ask Hannibal for help on the Toothfairy case. Hannibal teases will the entire time. Commenting on the way he smells. Concludes he has a child because Will smells like pines and dogs, which are things children like. Hannibal agrees to help Will on the case. Scene then transitions to the Hannibal/Abigail scene where she asks him if he's a killer and if he plans to kill her. He tells he here's a killer but says he doesn't plan to kill her but rather fake her death. He takes her blood and asks for some of her flesh. She offers her finger but he asks for her ear since he planned to teach her harpsichord. They start releasing her blood in Will's home (?) together to make it seem like she was killed.

yami4ct

Almost as bad as killing those kids! /s

For as tame (relative to the rest of the show) from a violence standpoint as last week's murder scene was, it might be one of the most fucked up emotionally scene I think the show has had. Man that was terrifying.

Kuroyume

Banned
Awesome episode. Loved the Hannibal and Abigail flashbacks. All the other character interactions.

And, fuck you again NBC for no preview. You're selling THAT show to Hannibal fans? Really? Colossal waste of time.

Monocle

Fantastic episode. So many wonderful moments. Hannibal's verbal knife twisting is on point. He knows exactly how to push his friends' buttons.

Laurence Fishburne gave some vintage Morpheus face when he grinned at Hannibal.

Abigail! I get seriously thrilled by those flashbacks. I loved Abigail's "murder" even more than Dr. Gideon and Hannibal's dinner scenes.

"Murder husbands," holy shit.

Freddie's hair is fine as hell.

Alana's bolder hard-edged style suits her.

Rutina is delightful. Perfect casting.

Everything's great. I'm mourning this show all over again. Get it together, Fuller!

This had me screaming, but the following dialogue exchange:

Hannibal: You've come to wag your finger?

Alana: I love a good finger wagging.

Hannibal: Yes, you do. How is Margot?

That was when I died.
That exchange was incredible.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This had me screaming, but the following dialogue exchange:

Hannibal: You've come to wag your finger?

Alana: I love a good finger wagging.

Hannibal: Yes, you do. How is Margot?

That was when I died.

I had to take a moment to stop laughing before I could continue watching.

Laurence Fishburne gave some vintage Morpheus face when he grinned at Hannibal.
Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

actually I agree with your entire post.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Another incredible episode.

The Abigail scene reminded me of the 4the episode where that crazed mother was kidnapping children and forcing them to kill their own family. Just did a S1 rewatch for the first time really and im shocked at how much is different knowing what happens and where things end up.

Was really hoping for Will to go all "YOU SAT RIGHT HERE YOU SONUVABITCH! YOU SAT RIGHT HERE AND WATCHED THEM!"

And to hear chunks of familiar dialogue was awesome. i was starting to wonder if it was verbatim until Hannibal mentioned providing Will a child lol

AoM

I hope they stop shoehorning in lines from the book, just for the sake of it. That balls conversation was unbearably awkward. The visual aspects of the Will/Hannibal conversation were cool, but it lacked the speed of the original. And how did Dolarhyde get on the phone? It makes me think they're going to skip the whole cipher plot.

Alpende

Dolarhyde calling Hannibal isn't that weird I think. Hannibal's been in the news after he was caught, I'm sure something was written in newspapers about where he's treated or incarcerated. If Dolarhyde knows that it's not too hard to say you're Hannibal's lawyer.

Just started the episode but hope the dialogue stays this fun. This is the perfect "opacity" if that makes sense, compared to the beginning of the season's really abstract stuff.

&#8220;I love a good finger-wagging.&#8221;
&#8220;Yes, you do. How is Margot?&#8221;

lolololol

AoM

Dolarhyde calling Hannibal isn't that weird I think. Hannibal's been in the news after he was caught, I'm sure something was written in newspapers about where he's treated or incarcerated. If Dolarhyde knows that it's not too hard to say you're Hannibal's lawyer.

He's been there for three years. I'd hope it would be a little tougher to do so. That makes me think it's an inside job by somebody at the hospital.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I sorta wish Mads was playing Hannibal a bit more insane now that he doesn't need to hide who he really is.

His take on Hannibal is still great, though.

Finished the episode earlier this morning. Love sassy Hannibal. I guess him calling people "pencil lickers" is his version of "cock sucker". Really cool to see him honest about his disdain for all others except Will.

Man, Hugh and Mads really sell the rift that developed between them. Hannibal bites.

Curious how much of this dialogue is from the novel. I recognize some of it, but really liked it through the whole episode.

LOVE how eerily Hannibal mimicked Will's movement when he went to the item deposit/bin. It was like watching a mirror.

Blood leaves the body at a gallop, then a stumble. REally great dialogue this episode.

Dat Abigail recreation. That was a bizarro Hannibal version of Will's superpower.
Really liking how they recreate settings in their minds, so its not always just them talking in Hannibal's cell. Some of the tableaus are great. Really liked the shot of Hannibal and Will standing outside in the snow.

This is how you do fake moons, TRUE DETECTIVE:

Rutina is great. Really liked their scenes together. The slow mo close-ups kinda take on a new meaning when its her scenes and her processes.

"You've got Will dressed up in moral dignity pants." lololol

Turin

Banned
Excellent episode. The last two have been my favorites of the season so far.

Badass Alana has just been delightful this year. ^_^

Rutina Wesley and Richard Armitage are fucking brilliant already. Right up there with the rest of this cast.

Will and Lecter re-uniting was perfect. Their history together added so much more to that classic eerie exchange we've seen translated twice before.

I hope this isn't the last project that Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelson work on together. They're a remarkable duo.

Turin

Banned
And Jesus Fucking Christ is Abigail Hobbs' story dark. O_O

I'm imagining a TV character afterlife where she's having a conversation with Jimmy Darmody.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe this show is ending. I really hope Hannibal gets to kill Alana.

Top Bottom